Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It,s to hot !! 15:54 - Jul 11 with 19971 viewsconnell10

That's it ...

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

It,s to hot !! on 19:40 - Jul 11 with 6131 viewsBlackCrowe

Won't get any complaints from me during the day, love it. But night time trying to sleep is tedious.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

It,s to hot !! on 19:52 - Jul 11 with 6111 viewsHayesender

As a postie, having to walk 11 odd miles a day in this is torturous.

And if one more of the many working from home brigade tell me it must be lovely working outside in this weather, I'm gonna

Poll: Shamima Beghum

It,s to hot !! on 19:59 - Jul 11 with 6093 viewslosethedrum

It,s to hot !! on 19:52 - Jul 11 by Hayesender

As a postie, having to walk 11 odd miles a day in this is torturous.

And if one more of the many working from home brigade tell me it must be lovely working outside in this weather, I'm gonna

Oh yes " lovely day for you today Postman " .

They fail to understand that if it is 32 c in the shade you are walking your 11 miles in the direct sunlight so nearer to 45 c & hotter in bulit up areas where the heat radiates off the concrete .
It,s to hot !! on 20:02 - Jul 11 with 6066 viewsLblock

Comes around so rarely I’m always reticent to complain
I love this weather, especially sitting outside having a drink from 6pm onwards

However I cannot do the underground in this anymore, it’s hell on earth.

More and most importantly, hate to see my dogs struggling and it’s an absolute priority to keep them as cool and comfortable as possible.
It’s UNBELIEVABLE that people are still leaving dogs on cars and lots are more than happy to walk their dogs in 28oC temps when in glaring sunshine pavements would be too hot for you to put your barefoot on.
Lunatics

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

It,s to hot !! on 21:02 - Jul 11 with 6035 viewsderbyhoop

Bunch of wimps.
We've had dozens of days at 30C +.
But it is SW France, so normal for Summer.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

It,s to hot !! on 13:55 - Jul 12 with 5799 viewsSydneyRs

It,s to hot !! on 21:02 - Jul 11 by derbyhoop

Bunch of wimps.

Same here, usually get a few over 40 too.

However most people have air con here which makes a huge difference.
It,s to hot !! on 15:05 - Jul 12 with 5715 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Last year a bizarre sensation when we left the Gulf after 3 years; arrived in France and felt a little chilly at just 30-something.

For me, heat is one thing but it’s humidity that’s the real energy sapper. It always adds a few degrees and is the main determinant for whether we’re in Betty Swollox territory or not.

Currently well into Betty Swollox territory at 37*….

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

It,s to hot !! on 15:12 - Jul 12 with 5686 viewsLblock

It,s to hot !! on 21:02 - Jul 11 by derbyhoop

Bunch of wimps.

So when a heatwave rolls into France the French don't just surrender to it then?

Odd..........

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

It,s to hot !! on 14:47 - Jul 14 with 5519 viewsSonofpugwash

Wow,I'm glad it's not snowing.Imagine having to shovel yourself out of a snowdrift in this heat.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

It,s to hot !! on 15:18 - Jul 14 with 5451 viewsPinnerPaul

Had my first game of the season on Tuesday evening - lovely temperature for a bit of 'lining'

Wasn't looking forward to Saturday quite so much - 12.30pm KO, BUT they've changed it to 10.00am so should be a bit more bearable.
It,s to hot !! on 15:37 - Jul 14 with 5370 viewsToast_R

Those of us lucky enough to have a garden lawn, how is yours doing?

Mine has become a mass of straw. The weeds are easier to spot though, them little blighters dig down deep and retain their greeness.

Managing to keep the tomato plants well watered and getting a bloody good crop this year. You cannot beat a home grown tomato, a million miles from the mass produced supermarket ones in flavour.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 15:40]
It,s to hot !! on 16:58 - Jul 14 with 5278 viewsted_hendrix

It,s to hot !! on 15:37 - Jul 14 by Toast_R

Those of us lucky enough to have a garden lawn, how is yours doing?

Mine has become a mass of straw. The weeds are easier to spot though, them little blighters dig down deep and retain their greeness.

Managing to keep the tomato plants well watered and getting a bloody good crop this year. You cannot beat a home grown tomato, a million miles from the mass produced supermarket ones in flavour.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 15:40]

The lawn is a success, we have three annual treatments and in any case I put the sprinkler on twice a week.

I successfully grow tomato's every year this year however we decided to try organic lambs wool compost and It's been a bloody flop, I've got three tumbling toms in one hanging basket and three similar variety in another basket, the tumbling toms have for the first time failed to pollinate (hunreds of flowers) but no toms, the other variety are very-very slow to grow (bush type) I know tomato's are self pollinating and I feed and water them regular.
Got two courgette plants in big pots that are throwing out courgette's no problem.
Two cucumber plants (F1 self pollinating Female plants) that are just about doing okay both about five feet tall but nothing special.
Two strawberry plants that are producing strawberries but not as good or as many as they should or normally do.
Can't put me finger on It at the moment but with this weather and me watering regularily It aint been great.
Just this minute come in from the garden and we've got bees and wasps all over the garden buzzing around all of our flowers and plants doing what bees and wasps do, the bloody wasps keep going in the 'insect hotel' and eating the insects.

Anyway ooh--argh.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

It,s to hot !! on 17:54 - Jul 14 with 5214 viewsBoston

It,s to hot !! on 15:12 - Jul 12 by Lblock

So when a heatwave rolls into France the French don't just surrender to it then?

Odd..........

Not at all, the French get fried.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

It,s to hot !! on 18:00 - Jul 14 with 5211 viewsPunteR

I love this weather. Just got to slow down a bit, chill, put some music on. Enjoy it while we can. It will be freezing again in a few months.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

It,s to hot !! on 18:10 - Jul 14 with 5197 viewsMick_S

It,s to hot !! on 18:00 - Jul 14 by PunteR

I love this weather. Just got to slow down a bit, chill, put some music on. Enjoy it while we can. It will be freezing again in a few months.

Can’t wait, love bad weather; the sun is lovely but the humidity is hard work for me. On another matter, anyone getting bitten to with in an inch of their lives? Got done by a Horsefly at work and I now have a knee the size of an elephant.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

It,s to hot !! on 18:26 - Jul 14 with 5159 viewsBoston

The long hot summer of 1976.......My Dad got a concreting job on Elmstead Ave in Wembley. It entailed shoring up a riverbank, then levelling and pouring a back yard / parking area blah blah blah. It was hot, we bought beers at mid-day, put 'em in bags and lowered them into the water for consumption during the afternoon...purely for medicinal purposes you understand.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

It,s to hot !! on 19:11 - Jul 14 with 5107 viewsPunteR

It,s to hot !! on 18:26 - Jul 14 by Boston

The long hot summer of 1976.......My Dad got a concreting job on Elmstead Ave in Wembley. It entailed shoring up a riverbank, then levelling and pouring a back yard / parking area blah blah blah. It was hot, we bought beers at mid-day, put 'em in bags and lowered them into the water for consumption during the afternoon...purely for medicinal purposes you understand.

I was born in the hot summer of 76. Maybe it's why I love this weather.

It,s to hot !! on 19:13 - Jul 14 with 5105 viewsPunteR

It,s to hot !! on 18:10 - Jul 14 by Mick_S

Can’t wait, love bad weather; the sun is lovely but the humidity is hard work for me. On another matter, anyone getting bitten to with in an inch of their lives? Got done by a Horsefly at work and I now have a knee the size of an elephant.

You're too tasty Mick.

It,s to hot !! on 19:52 - Jul 14 with 5063 viewsMick_S

It,s to hot !! on 19:13 - Jul 14 by PunteR

You're too tasty Mick.

Too sexy for my shirt.

It,s to hot !! on 13:48 - Jul 16 with 4860 viewsSonofpugwash

All this hysterical doom and gloom about the heat today,especially the BBC,such sepulchral reporting you'd think the Queen had died or something.
Lap it up amigos!

It,s to hot !! on 13:54 - Jul 16 with 4841 viewsHAYESBOY

Wait until Monday and Tuesday.

Smells like a trout farm in here

It,s to hot !! on 14:42 - Jul 16 with 4805 viewsMick_S

It,s to hot !! on 13:54 - Jul 16 by HAYESBOY

Wait until Monday and Tuesday.

We’ve been given the incredibly generous option of starting at 5 am instead of 6, giving up our lunch break so we can finish at 1 pm instead of 2:30. It’s still going to be around 100 degrees at lunchtime. Free water from the clubhouse. I feel blessed.

It,s to hot !! on 14:58 - Jul 16 with 4786 viewsderbyhoop

It,s to hot !! on 18:26 - Jul 14 by Boston

It's important to stay hydrated

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

It,s to hot !! on 11:16 - Jul 17 with 4594 viewsSonofpugwash

Two hot days and it's a "National Emergency" ffs?
In 1976 we had weeks of this stuff and the old barby hardly got a rest.
Yep,gonna do some homemade Tandoori Chicken Tikka,kebabs,steak....then jump into the (cold) hot tub.Bring it on.

(I seem to remember back in '76 there was speculation the hot spell was caused by the Rooskies(Soviets) trying out Particle Beam weapon technology.)

It,s to hot !! on 12:53 - Jul 17 with 4539 viewsdistortR

It,s to hot !! on 13:48 - Jul 16 by Sonofpugwash

All this hysterical doom and gloom about the heat today,especially the BBC,such sepulchral reporting you'd think the Queen had died or something.
Lap it up amigos!

they certainly like to catastrophise.

Worked on a landscaping job in Oz, it was over 45'c on one day. Kept wetting down etc, all good.
what I didn't realise, is how much it affects your brain. I laid a nice straight brick edge on the day, went back the following day and it was actually more curvilinear!

So yeah, stay hydrated and enjoy it for the rarity it is!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024