Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Away Problem 09:22 - Nov 6 with 4573 viewspeejaybee

What sound sensible reasons could there be for our terrible away form.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

The Away Problem on 13:43 - Nov 7 with 963 viewsHayesender

I don't think we help. We've gotta be the quietest away fans in the championship after Burton Albion

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Away Problem on 18:56 - Nov 7 with 863 viewsderbyhoop

The Away Problem on 13:32 - Nov 7 by R_from_afar

Interesting idea. I have seen a lot of him recently - no pun intended - having been to a lot of Wycombe games (my best mate is a season ticket holder and it's close and cheap).

His hold-up play is exemplary and his lay-offs are excellent and bring others into the game well. His finishing is also good and, as you can imagine, he is difficult to mark and dispossess.

That said, he can struggle to get involved because in open play, he can't always get to the action quickly enough. He would also need to make a lot of match-winning contributions early on in his Rs career because believe you me, he is the slowest footballer in the football league. He makes plate tectonics look rapid. In addition, apart from at set pieces, he offers nothing defensively and can't press.

I think a possible solution may be at Wycombe, though; Eze. He is looking a real handful, jinky and confident on the ball, plus he is banging in the goals. I reckon it would be worth bringing him back in January.

RFA

You might be over gilding the lily about Eze.
Yes, he looks like a talent. And one that is developing by playing proper competitive football. But 3 in 8 or 9 games is hardly banging them in.

I'd like to think he can become an important player at Championship level but he's got a fair bit to do, still.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024