Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injury Update 16:15 - Jan 23 with 4741 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ellerslie steward confirmed unavailable for the Ipswich game due to injury.
Injury Update on 16:17 - Jan 23 with 4724 viewseghamranger

He was a big bloke to slip over. Some weight on that stretcher
Injury Update on 16:18 - Jan 23 with 4703 viewsconnell10

Loved the heave ho s from the crowd as around 10 people hoisted the tubby steward up. Best bit of entertainment In the 2nd half!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Injury Update on 20:52 - Jan 23 with 4277 viewsdodge_stoke_r

He went down pretty hard and was obviously in a bad way. I think the cheering, laughing and chanting was a fcuking disgrace. Mind you maybe people came across a car crash on the way home to amuse themselves and really make their day complete. Yes there have been history with some of our stewards but the behaviour of some fans was shameful . Some people should take a long hard look at themselves.
Injury Update on 21:39 - Jan 23 with 4163 viewsbosh67

It looked like a tumble but it turned out a lot worse. Hope he recovers quickly. From the SAR stand it looked like he may have broken an arm or leg so wish him better.

On the bright side for him his injured at work claim was captured by SKY TV so I think he will be in the money soon.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Injury Update on 21:54 - Jan 23 with 4122 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Injury Update on 23:32 - Jan 23 with 3977 viewsWareRanger

It looked bad but we saw him sat on one of the seats at White City Station about an hour after the end of the game and he was okay.
He had his leg in some sort of brace but he didn't think it was anything serious and he was on his way home.
He assured us that he had still been paid but that it might signal the end of his stewarding career!
Injury Update on 02:27 - Jan 24 with 3826 viewsBoston

Injury Update on 21:39 - Jan 23 by bosh67

It looked like a tumble but it turned out a lot worse. Hope he recovers quickly. From the SAR stand it looked like he may have broken an arm or leg so wish him better.

On the bright side for him his injured at work claim was captured by SKY TV so I think he will be in the money soon.

Not so fast on the tv evidence mate, try getting it released when you need support in a court case. !!!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Injury Update on 04:10 - Jan 24 with 3789 viewsisawqpratwcity

Injury Update on 02:27 - Jan 24 by Boston

Not so fast on the tv evidence mate, try getting it released when you need support in a court case. !!!

Damn, that means he'll have to call the 15,000 witnesses!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Injury Update on 15:31 - Jan 24 with 3573 viewsterryb

Injury Update on 21:39 - Jan 23 by bosh67

I don't think so.

I believe he was running to his position when they are meant to walk!

Whast I don't understand is why the stewards were being put in those positions at that stage of the match. It is normally after 80 minutes that they appear pitchside.
Injury Update on 17:52 - Jan 24 with 3393 viewsNorthernr

Would like to think this puts a stop to the utterly pointless nonsense where four stewards leg it out and sit down then leg it back, accomplishing nothing, protecting nobody, every time there's a fcking throw in and corner.
Injury Update on 18:16 - Jan 24 with 3314 viewsTacticalR

Injury Update on 17:52 - Jan 24 by Northernr

Would like to think this puts a stop to the utterly pointless nonsense where four stewards leg it out and sit down then leg it back, accomplishing nothing, protecting nobody, every time there's a fcking throw in and corner.

Oh, is that what that is? I assumed it was some kind of native ritual.

Air hostess clique

Injury Update on 19:11 - Jan 24 with 3213 viewsWatford_Ranger

I like it when a steward walks down the stairs to the front of the Upper Loft a couple of times a half, turns around then walks back up.

Regardless of how hurt the bloke was it was hilarious. He seemed to be trying to laugh it off initially. Why there were about a dozen of them standing around doing nothing, probably obstructing the views of many in Ellerslie, I'm not sure.
Injury Update on 08:15 - Jan 25 with 2971 viewsWalnut

^ this. I'd love to know what the strategy is for that manoevre. Someone, somewhere came up with it for a reason & thinks it achieves something. Tenuous link time, one of the most bizarre stewarding exercises ever occurred during Grimsby at home in 96/97. Might have been Gold Range. It was the home game after the Pompey fans were having disagreements with us in the Ellersie & SAR. Because of the incidents in the Ellersie, Gold Range thought it was appropriate to line the whole of the Ellersie where it met Q Block JUST IN CASE an overflow of Grimsby fans flooded the Ellersie Road and wanted to charge toward the Loft. Given there were 200 to 300 comfortably housed at the School End, not sure why the Gold Range strategy team thought might happen?
Injury Update on 08:33 - Jan 25 with 2950 viewsjonno

Injury Update on 08:15 - Jan 25 by Walnut

^ this. I'd love to know what the strategy is for that manoevre. Someone, somewhere came up with it for a reason & thinks it achieves something. Tenuous link time, one of the most bizarre stewarding exercises ever occurred during Grimsby at home in 96/97. Might have been Gold Range. It was the home game after the Pompey fans were having disagreements with us in the Ellersie & SAR. Because of the incidents in the Ellersie, Gold Range thought it was appropriate to line the whole of the Ellersie where it met Q Block JUST IN CASE an overflow of Grimsby fans flooded the Ellersie Road and wanted to charge toward the Loft. Given there were 200 to 300 comfortably housed at the School End, not sure why the Gold Range strategy team thought might happen?

GoldRange had a "strategy team"?
Injury Update on 12:32 - Jan 25 with 2847 viewsCliff

My ST in R Block B47, and a couple of years back there was a rather loud individual perhaps 15 to 20 seats to my right who, whilst he could at times be amusing in his comments was on many occasions over the top, giving the linesman on that side, and any player taking a throw in real abuse. This I think is what started the farcical little run outs by the stewards.

He's not been there for the past couple of seasons but they still run out.
Injury Update on 17:46 - Jan 25 with 2659 viewsNorthernr

Dislocated knee apparently, he e-mailed the club today to thank everybody for their support.
Injury Update on 18:09 - Jan 25 with 2596 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Injury Update on 17:46 - Jan 25 by Northernr

Dislocated knee apparently, he e-mailed the club today to thank everybody for their support.

That injury could put an end to Securitas's title chances. Hopefully the young lad on loan at The Shepherds Bush Empire can fill in and stake a claim.
Injury Update on 18:21 - Jan 25 with 2566 viewsElHoop

F*ck me you can't stop them doing that. Are you fecking serious? Some days that's literally just about all that happens for a complete 45 minutes.
Injury Update on 21:28 - Jan 25 with 2428 viewshamptonhillhoop

Injury Update on 17:46 - Jan 25 by Northernr

I've done that a few times myself. Proper pain until you can get it back in. Feel quite sorry for him now
Injury Update on 12:19 - Jan 26 with 2310 viewsthemodfather

a steward gets injured and the fans are to blame...love it.
i recall several stewards kicking hell out of a lad under the loft stairs, then we had the "mob" who liked to put on their black gloves and drag you out....or the "Blonde" woman who just liked to pick someone out to eject and of course the men had to back her up.....
etc etc
did the steward have footwear adequate for grass? was the steward trained fully for the role? had the steward warmed up? was there a safety harness? did anyone check the grassy knoll?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024