Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackmarket Records has shut down 21:48 - Feb 27 with 8632 viewsqueensparker

One for the Frankie thread aficionados - sad news of a legendary place run by a Ranger:

http://www.factmag.com/2015/02/27/london-record-store-bm-soho-formerly-black-mar

Spent many a happy hour or two in there over the years (and bought a hell of a lot of crap now all shoved in the attic that sounded 'good at the time')
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 21:52]
Blackmarket Records has shut down on 22:50 - Feb 28 with 1518 viewsPunteR

I never went Blackmarket records,I usually went to creative sounds in kington,but agree with everyone here that you cant beat vinyl.
Downloads just doesn't do it for me,although I've downloaded loads,but I've bought a few records off the back of the Frankie thread from discogs which makes me feel I actually own that piece of music.
I have about 200 records in my loft ,most having a bit of memory attached to them. Wether its the tune itself or the hot rock that etched itself on the plastic or a bit of graff scrawled on the cover or a scratch here and there I know those records got through some wicked nights albeit a bit messy and that's why I cherish them.
You cant skin up on a download

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Blackmarket Records has shut down on 07:57 - Mar 1 with 1478 viewsDiscodroids

never went in there , the tunes not to ones palate, but did spend a lot of time and money in the original duffer of st george shop next door, in 89/90(acid jazz style) , to ultimately end up looking like 'honky tonk' on beta blockers from the dick emery show.

drum and bass?, jungle ?.you are awful.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Blackmarket Records has shut down on 08:41 - Mar 1 with 1470 viewspaulparker

Great thread
Having over nearly 2000 records I can relate to a lot of what's been written
The joy of talking to DJ's meeting promoters and just spending hours in record shops taking bolox is sadly missed
First started going in Lucky Spin on the Kings road as a young raver I would buy tapes , records the lot, even used to Nick the flyers to put on my wall at home , downstairs to that was a Raindance shop ,
Vinylmania in Rayners Lane was also a good little place, flying records in Kensington, uptown records soho, there was also a good little one in the arcade in Uxbridge the name escapes me now though,
As for black market I went in there twice it was the time drum n base was coming through
I found the place really clickey TBH and a couple of the blokes behind the ramp were d1cks but hey ho still a shame it's closing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024