Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? 00:43 - Sep 10 with 3933 viewsLiberty

Fabianski

Rangel Amat Ash Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Dyer Siggy Routs

Bony

Any reason to change for Saturday ? Nice to see Siggy in goal scoring form, cracker for Iceland tonight. Assuming all internationals are back injury free.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 8:14]

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 13:49 - Sep 10 with 1299 viewsicecoldjack

I am a bit worried about taylor, he IMO was the better defender than ben and i wasnt bothered to see ben leave, thinking taylor would just need a few games to Get his mojo back..i dont Think thats happened yet!

He was poor for Wales last night and has not yet got back to his standard, he may need another 4/5 games to Get to his level but im starting to Think his major injury took a bit more out of him than i first thought, its a slight concern for me i gotta say.

Still early days for all players after game 10 we Will know alot more.
Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 13:51 - Sep 10 with 1297 viewsC_jack

It'll be different from the United game, Chelsea will match up with us in their own 4-2-3-1 shape, which gives us something to think about

The key will be how we handle Fabregas, need Ki to sit on him all day, following him into the showers afterwards..

Ivanovic has 2 goals already, and will be causing havoc down his side

Will be like the famous Arsenal 0-2 game if we're going to pull it off.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 13:52]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 14:28 - Sep 10 with 1255 viewsjackonicko

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 12:21 - Sep 10 by Starsky

Probably the Villa Real game too.

When did Aston Villa play Real Madrid? I missed that one.

Oh, and:
Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 14:41 - Sep 10 with 1240 viewsDrizzy

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 10:26 - Sep 10 by WarwickHunt

The only debate is whether you put Amat in front of Fede and Ash in an attempt to stop Chelsea playing through the middle.

Our decision not to get cover/competition for Leon will be tested on Saturday.

That's not a debate, that's a death wish. Might as well hand them the points if we're gonna chuck Amat in there at defensive mid.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 15:54 - Sep 10 with 1186 viewsWarwickHunt

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 14:41 - Sep 10 by Drizzy

That's not a debate, that's a death wish. Might as well hand them the points if we're gonna chuck Amat in there at defensive mid.

You're confident Ki can sit in front of the back four and keep Fabregas & Co. quiet then...
Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 16:08 - Sep 10 with 1176 viewsDrizzy

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 15:54 - Sep 10 by WarwickHunt

You're confident Ki can sit in front of the back four and keep Fabregas & Co. quiet then...

No but I'm not confident Amat can do that either as he's not used to that role and we'll revert to a back 5 which would leave us as sitting ducks with no attacking impetus.

It's going to have to be a mammoth effort from Ki, Shelvey and Gylfi to try and shut down Chelsea's midfield no point just singling out one of them. At least we know they can keep possession and the latter pair are capable of something special from set pieces which is probably our best chance at nicking something.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 22:19 - Sep 10 with 1099 viewsLiberty

Playing Amat in front if back 4 does not fill me with confidence.

I would keep with Ki and Shelvey.

If Ki not fit due to international duties, not really sure what the answer is. We don't have much / any , competition for those positions.

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 22:26 - Sep 10 with 1092 viewsNeathJack

Fabianski

Rangel Fernandez Ash Taylor

Shelvey Ki

Dyer Gylfi Montero

Gomis

It would be borderline bonkers to start Bony after he's played 2 games in the last week in Africa while Gomis has been kicking his heels in Swansea.

Montero's pace on the break could be key to us getting something out of the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 22:33 - Sep 10 with 1080 viewspencoedjack

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 22:26 - Sep 10 by NeathJack

Fabianski

Rangel Fernandez Ash Taylor

Shelvey Ki

Dyer Gylfi Montero

Gomis

It would be borderline bonkers to start Bony after he's played 2 games in the last week in Africa while Gomis has been kicking his heels in Swansea.

Montero's pace on the break could be key to us getting something out of the game.

Why would you drop Amat Neath ?

Personally wouldn't drop Routs but I agree with Montero's pace on the break could be a game changer.
Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 22:36 - Sep 10 with 1074 viewsNeathJack

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 22:33 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

Why would you drop Amat Neath ?

Personally wouldn't drop Routs but I agree with Montero's pace on the break could be a game changer.

I agree Amat has done little to justify being dropped but Fernandez has been bought to play that position, no point in waiting for Amat to make the mistake before changing it.

Although I agree it is harsh on him.

Fernandez extra experience and (hopefully) class will be much needed at the Bridge.
Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 22:42 - Sep 10 with 1069 viewspencoedjack

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 22:36 - Sep 10 by NeathJack

I agree Amat has done little to justify being dropped but Fernandez has been bought to play that position, no point in waiting for Amat to make the mistake before changing it.

Although I agree it is harsh on him.

Fernandez extra experience and (hopefully) class will be much needed at the Bridge.

Cant agree with that ......

1 goal conceded so far this season cant see why there's need change it.

Fernandez will have to wait for Amat (or Ash) to have a drop in form.

Nice problem for Monk to have I suppose.
Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 22:45 - Sep 10 with 1067 viewsNeathJack

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 22:42 - Sep 10 by pencoedjack

Cant agree with that ......

1 goal conceded so far this season cant see why there's need change it.

Fernandez will have to wait for Amat (or Ash) to have a drop in form.

Nice problem for Monk to have I suppose.

Indeed and I don't expect Monk to make the change on Saturday but I think I would.

Although like I said, it would be harsh on Amat.
Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 22:56 - Sep 10 with 1051 viewsjudgejonevs

I agree how we contain Fabregas will go a long way to getting a positive result.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 23:20 - Sep 10 with 1031 viewsjackharris

I do expect the same starting line-up, however, I have been really impressed with Amat but Fernandez was immense for Argentina vs the World Champions, scored and made 2 goal saving tackles.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 23:29]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 23:30 - Sep 10 with 1019 viewsJJJack

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 22:56 - Sep 10 by judgejonevs

I agree how we contain Fabregas will go a long way to getting a positive result.

Not sure why people keep saying Ki needs to keep Fabregas quiet. It's Oscar who plays the CAM (No. 10) role. It's he who Ki would naturally be marking. Shelvey would be tasked with marking fabregas unless Monk deliberately changes tack to stifle the latter. Ki has improved but the idea of him as a DM stopping someone of Oscar's ability fills me with terror. I hope I'm proved wrong.
Fernandez is taller, stronger and better in the air than Amat so it would make some sense for him to come in as we're dealing with Costa who ain't that quick but is hugely powerful. That said , as a defender myself, I'd be loathe to change a CB partnership that is clearly working, especially for one that has never played together previously.
I'd go with Gomis up top. I believe it would be cleverer to have Wilf come off the bench for a cameo. I just can't see Bony being at his sharpest after the flights and 2 full matches in a few days. Gomis needs game time to bed in and Terry and Cahill don't cope as well when strikers run at them ( look at Lukaku and Naismith last time out). Gomis is faster and can turn and run at defenders better than Wilf who is better at the other things.
Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 00:48 - Sep 12 with 873 viewsLiberty

All players back from international duty safe and well, as long as no jet lag and up for it, it is Chelsea aftercall, start with same 11.

Bench of Gomis and Montero are game changers.

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 09:24 - Sep 12 with 833 viewsperchrockjack

On the other hand , he might go with an unchanged team apart from Gomis for Bony.

It s pointless trying to stifle Chelsea as they ll score at some point.

If they are trying to contain us they ll have their hands full.

This is a game where we have to be brave ,a game where not even out own supporters believe so hopeful the players will do the business again and continue to defy (some) people . A game to really dig into.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 17:46 - Sep 12 with 772 viewsswaneyes87

Most likely scoreline 2-1 to them (based on http://scoreline.tips/English-Premier-League/Chelsea-vs-Swansea). Bit worried about people running at Taylor though..
Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 18:04 - Sep 12 with 763 viewsshingle

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 12:36 - Sep 10 by Starsky

Football's a funny old game though?

Just when you're on an a 3 game unbeaten start it usually goes tits up.

Who though? Swansea or Chelsea?

I'm going for a 2-2 draw with Swansea again being awarded no corners.

I`M going for 2-2 with Swansea getting one corner.
Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 19:14 - Sep 12 with 727 viewsLiberty

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 17:46 - Sep 12 by swaneyes87

Most likely scoreline 2-1 to them (based on http://scoreline.tips/English-Premier-League/Chelsea-vs-Swansea). Bit worried about people running at Taylor though..

Read a few Chelsea fans forums yesterday and it was suggested to target Taylor !!!

I think he and the whole squad will give a good account of themselves.

Believe.

Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 23:11 - Sep 12 with 672 viewsJokeren1943

Monk is very conservative when coming to the starting eleven.

Same squad as last match (and after 3 wins, why should he make any changes).
Lets look forward to Chelsea match, starting 11? on 23:49 - Sep 12 with 655 viewsLiberty

I am genuinely not surpised that chat about tomorrows match can be outdone by ex players potentially weird sex fetish.

Its what made this site great.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024