Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get on with it!!! 08:38 - Jul 8 with 4336 viewsCFW

After the Wembley game the one thing that I was really hoping for was a clear plan of players that were going to be into the team along with those who would be let go. Right after the match we were told that a plan B had been agreed, clear targets identified and all was well in the camp. Great I thought, get the players in early, start working together, all go on the pre-season tour and use that time and games to formulate the way we intend to play.

Now I appreciate we have the World Cup (but that was already known) but so far NOTHING. We are linked with every player in the world, good, bad or indifferent but NOTHING. We all know the positions that require new players and especially with the forwards they will need time to work together.

Frankly I am worried that it will be yet another transfer deadline day signing players that no one else wants for large fees and by then we will be a quarter way into the new season at the foot of the table chasing wins and the whole cycle starts again.
Get on with it!!! on 09:00 - Jul 8 with 3267 viewsNorthernr

We have this thread every year. Things only usually get going about now - contracts end last day in June - and it will probably be even later this year because of the World Cup. Probably even later still for us because we only knew what division we would be in after the play off final whereas Leicester, for example, have pretty much known since the start of March.

We're linked with every player going but that's hardly the club's fault, its players and agents peddling names around to build interest in clients. Sadly SSN and most of the newspapers print this garbage as fact and get everybody worked up. Best policy is to ignore it.
Get on with it!!! on 09:08 - Jul 8 with 3224 viewsSomersetHoops

I agree. Unless we do some deals soon we will be having a pre-season with half a team that won't be playing once the season starts. I guess our recent history puts some players off joining QPR, but other clubs seem to be getting their business done. Our transfer dealings have been so bad since the current owners took over that you would think the lesson that leaving things until the last moment doesn't work would have been learnt. They need to learn that once our targets are wanted by the big clubs, we aren't going to get them and move on to alternatives. For example it seems to me unlikely that Caulker will join us because he will have better options, so who else have our scouts identified as an alternative?

Who's Next?

Get on with it!!! on 09:13 - Jul 8 with 3224 views1MoreBrightonR

I swear to god, last night I literally thought "we haven't had our annual thread where people complain about the complete lack of signings we have made" and next day, Here it is :)

Remember last year people complaining every time a striker was signed that we had missed out and were leaving signings too late...and then we signed Charlie Austin :)

We started late this year because of play offs and virtually every premier league agent will be occupied by the world cup....not surprised by the lack if signings at all.
Get on with it!!! on 09:19 - Jul 8 with 3194 viewsNorthernr

Get on with it!!! on 09:08 - Jul 8 by SomersetHoops

I agree. Unless we do some deals soon we will be having a pre-season with half a team that won't be playing once the season starts. I guess our recent history puts some players off joining QPR, but other clubs seem to be getting their business done. Our transfer dealings have been so bad since the current owners took over that you would think the lesson that leaving things until the last moment doesn't work would have been learnt. They need to learn that once our targets are wanted by the big clubs, we aren't going to get them and move on to alternatives. For example it seems to me unlikely that Caulker will join us because he will have better options, so who else have our scouts identified as an alternative?

Would it really be the smartest idea for the club to publicly say "if we don't get Caulker our scouts have identified the following centre backs we're going to try and sign..." ??
Get on with it!!! on 09:36 - Jul 8 with 3134 viewsHollowayRanger

hull for me have done a great job already and I cant see us finishing above them that's for sure

last season they bought a new front line

Jelavic long

so far this season a new midfield

ince Livermore Snodgrass

also in for dawson

guess we can only trust in harry and tony to get things right this time but theres certainly lots of work that's needing to be done

quality centreback quality central midfielder 2 strikers

Ferdinand caulker
?????midfielder
hooper defoe(loan) if no remy

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Get on with it!!! on 09:48 - Jul 8 with 3112 viewsJonDoeman

Get the right players in at the right price. Sign in haste, repent at leisure.

It Is What It Is !!

Get on with it!!! on 09:49 - Jul 8 with 3107 viewsdaveB

Hull knew they would be in the Prem and probably Europe as well by Mid April so had plenty of time to get these deals done early, as Clive says we were a kick away from another year in the Championship so couldn't start work until the last week of May. As the World Cup ends and clubs get back to work more players will become available and most of our business will be done in August. Charlie Austin signed days before the start of last season and Phillips a week later and they ended up doing ok.

Always looks like a mistake to wait but give it a month and the likes of Andros Townsend could be up for sale when all these new managers decide what they want, rushing in now and buying people for the sake of it isn't always the best idea.

We'll sign plenty of players this summer, we always do, the key is getting the right players rather than any players and I'm hopeful we might get that right for a change.
Get on with it!!! on 10:04 - Jul 8 with 3060 viewsTheBlob

Get on with it!!! on 09:49 - Jul 8 by daveB

Hull knew they would be in the Prem and probably Europe as well by Mid April so had plenty of time to get these deals done early, as Clive says we were a kick away from another year in the Championship so couldn't start work until the last week of May. As the World Cup ends and clubs get back to work more players will become available and most of our business will be done in August. Charlie Austin signed days before the start of last season and Phillips a week later and they ended up doing ok.

Always looks like a mistake to wait but give it a month and the likes of Andros Townsend could be up for sale when all these new managers decide what they want, rushing in now and buying people for the sake of it isn't always the best idea.

We'll sign plenty of players this summer, we always do, the key is getting the right players rather than any players and I'm hopeful we might get that right for a change.

Damn World Cup was always a log jam.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Get on with it!!! on 10:07 - Jul 8 with 3050 viewsNorthernr

Get on with it!!! on 09:36 - Jul 8 by HollowayRanger

hull for me have done a great job already and I cant see us finishing above them that's for sure

Jelavic long

ince Livermore Snodgrass

also in for dawson

guess we can only trust in harry and tony to get things right this time but theres certainly lots of work that's needing to be done

Ferdinand caulker
?????midfielder

I agree that Bruce seems to be doing a great job there but if we'd just paid £8m for Livermore we'd be getting crucified.
Get on with it!!! on 10:11 - Jul 8 with 3026 viewssimmo

We are a danger to ourselves in the transfer windows, spunking money up the wall on shite that damages the club. I would rather only get what we really need, in line with the knd of profiles we agree would benefit the club, than get people in for the sake of it.

People go on like relegation would be the worst thing in the world, we need to start thinking about the medium and long term future for the club regardless of division. I would rather be relegated playing with a younger, commited team playing in a recognised style with a clear vision of what we are trying to achieve, than 'survive' with a playing staff and club philosophy anything close to the one we had last time we were in this fckin league.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Get on with it!!! on 10:12 - Jul 8 with 3021 viewsJuzzie

Patience is clealry not a virtue for some! ;)
Get on with it!!! on 10:16 - Jul 8 with 2982 viewsAntti_Heinola

Get on with it!!! on 09:36 - Jul 8 by HollowayRanger

Jelavic long

ince Livermore Snodgrass

also in for dawson

Ferdinand caulker
?????midfielder

2nd season often more difficult than the first. The Premier League is quite predictable really. 2 or 3 clubs going for the title. 3 or 4 going for 4th and 5th. Two safe at around 7th and 8th but not threatening and 10 or 11 who could all easily be sucked into the Championship and are effectively battling relegation. Apart from about 3 teams it's really not that good-a league. People say it is, but it isn't. Part of the reason the England team cannot compete in tournaments is that for most of the season the majority of the England team are engaged in flat-track bullying - they don't know how to dig in when it's needed.

In the end Hull sailed very, very close to the wind. Ince didn't tear up trees at Palace and Snodgrass got relegated. Let's not get too despondent too early, eh?

Bare bones.

Get on with it!!! on 10:17 - Jul 8 with 2977 viewsAntti_Heinola

Get on with it!!! on 10:11 - Jul 8 by simmo

We are a danger to ourselves in the transfer windows, spunking money up the wall on shite that damages the club. I would rather only get what we really need, in line with the knd of profiles we agree would benefit the club, than get people in for the sake of it.

People go on like relegation would be the worst thing in the world, we need to start thinking about the medium and long term future for the club regardless of division. I would rather be relegated playing with a younger, commited team playing in a recognised style with a clear vision of what we are trying to achieve, than 'survive' with a playing staff and club philosophy anything close to the one we had last time we were in this fckin league.

nailed it simmo.

Bare bones.

Get on with it!!! on 10:21 - Jul 8 with 2961 viewsTheBlob

Get on with it!!! on 10:11 - Jul 8 by simmo

Have we stumbled upon yet another branch meeting of Exit here?You'd rather be relegated?

FFS.

Get on with it!!! on 10:23 - Jul 8 with 2951 viewsadhoc_qpr

We've not done nothing though have we? We've re-signed Traore, Faurlin etc, we've at least bid for Caulker and been in talks with Ferdinand.

We've also potentially bid for the Icelandic striker at Ajax and Forest centre back (depending on who you believe).

I'd rather take a more measured approach than our usual throwing mud at a wall transfer policy. If the season started next week and we haven't signed anyone, we could field a solid enough team albeit pretty thin at fullback and upfront.
Get on with it!!! on 10:43 - Jul 8 with 2904 viewsrobith

I think we've been going about it the right way. We're linked by the press to cole, but bid for Bryson. Linked to Ferdinand, bit for Caulker.

I'd much rather the club took their time and got the right players for the right price than spend £8m on Livermore or £11m on McCormack
Get on with it!!! on 10:43 - Jul 8 with 2904 viewsAntti_Heinola

Get on with it!!! on 10:21 - Jul 8 by TheBlob

Have we stumbled upon yet another branch meeting of Exit here?You'd rather be relegated?

FFS.

bit of an overreaction Blob - I think he's spot on there. Going round and round on the same ludicrous carousel shouldn't be an option (although of course, it's not necessarily an 'either/or').

Bare bones.

Get on with it!!! on 10:50 - Jul 8 with 2876 viewssimmo

Get on with it!!! on 10:21 - Jul 8 by TheBlob

FFS.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. All the other words in the post were just filler for the 4 words you actually wanted to read.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Get on with it!!! on 11:17 - Jul 8 with 2808 viewsted_hendrix

Get on with it.

Get on with what? we missed the £11 million boat that Fulham paid way over the odds for on a certain Championship player, is that the sort of thing your talking about?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Get on with it!!! on 11:31 - Jul 8 with 2768 viewspaulparker

im not worried about our lack of business so far
IMHO we have dodged a bullet with Ince, & Snodgrass,
Im not a harry lover by any stretch , but he knows what players he is after ,
im pretty confident we will have 4-5 new players before the 1st game and possibly 2 on the last day of the transfer window , don't be so confident on Hull BTW they have Europa league this year, and if they pick up key injuries after the deadline then they will struggle

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Get on with it!!! on 11:34 - Jul 8 with 2761 viewsTheBlob

Get on with it!!! on 10:50 - Jul 8 by simmo

Yes, that's exactly what I said. All the other words in the post were just filler for the 4 words you actually wanted to read.

I really didn't want to read any of it tbh.

Get on with it!!! on 11:46 - Jul 8 with 2726 viewsBAWHoops

Everyone does need to calm down.

We are in for Rio, Caulker, Sigthorsson

And were thwarted in attempts to bring in Sidwell and Bryson.

If we assume the top 3 come in and we add a midfielder plus Green, O' Neil and Zamora sign on then the squad looks like this

Green, Murphy, Simpson, Onouha, Rio, Caulker, Dunner, Hill, Yun, Henry, Barton, Faurlin, O'Neil, CM, Traore, Phillips, Hoilett, Siggy, Austin, Zamora.

That's 20

Plus who knows what will happen with Granero, Taarabt, Cesar, Remy and the young boys Donaldson, Petrasso, Sutherland

Believe it or not we aren't to far from the 25 and I don't expect sweeping changes this summer with maybe only 4-5 signings

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Get on with it!!! on 11:53 - Jul 8 with 2705 viewsadhoc_qpr

Get on with it!!! on 11:46 - Jul 8 by BAWHoops

Everyone does need to calm down.

We are in for Rio, Caulker, Sigthorsson

And were thwarted in attempts to bring in Sidwell and Bryson.

If we assume the top 3 come in and we add a midfielder plus Green, O' Neil and Zamora sign on then the squad looks like this

Green, Murphy, Simpson, Onouha, Rio, Caulker, Dunner, Hill, Yun, Henry, Barton, Faurlin, O'Neil, CM, Traore, Phillips, Hoilett, Siggy, Austin, Zamora.

That's 20

Plus who knows what will happen with Granero, Taarabt, Cesar, Remy and the young boys Donaldson, Petrasso, Sutherland

Believe it or not we aren't to far from the 25 and I don't expect sweeping changes this summer with maybe only 4-5 signings

Add in a left back and a box to box midfielder with some pace and that squad would do.

We can always reassess in January too.
Get on with it!!! on 11:54 - Jul 8 with 2699 viewsDoughnut

I can understand the sentiment that we dont want to go tripping and stumbling into the PL with our pants down around our ankles, like we did last time. So I sympathise with the idea of having a settled squad. But there's plenty of time yet.
From the rumours I have heard, up to now, Caulker and the Ajax geezer appear sound. RF is madness. Our last one wasn't pulling up trees.
Get on with it!!! on 12:06 - Jul 8 with 2672 viewsTheBlob

Get on with it!!! on 10:43 - Jul 8 by Antti_Heinola

bit of an overreaction Blob - I think he's spot on there. Going round and round on the same ludicrous carousel shouldn't be an option (although of course, it's not necessarily an 'either/or').

The trouble is with these little suicide pacts is that they expect to include other people.Why can't they just drift away and have a nice little Euthanasia Barbecue(featuring Unlucky Dip,Pin The Tail On The Pit Bull ),hell they might like it so much they'll make it an annual event.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024