Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best live gig 21:44 - Jan 26 with 5584 viewsSalwaDale

We may have done this before and it certainly links to the first live gig.

What is the best one you've done?

I'll go for one of:

Rage Against The Machine - Ritz, Manchester 1993

Closely Followed by:

Mike Scott in a tent at Greenbelt festival - similar time.

TBBT

Best live gig on 10:58 - Jan 27 with 1496 viewsdeeplishblue

Bobby Hoy at the Weavers Arms

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Best live gig on 11:49 - Jan 27 with 1460 viewsThreeLions

Forgot one. Inspiral Carpets- hebden bridge trades hall 2012.
I'm sure Fred Talbot would agree
Best live gig on 12:00 - Jan 27 with 1453 viewsrochedale

Best live gig on 11:49 - Jan 27 by ThreeLions

Forgot one. Inspiral Carpets- hebden bridge trades hall 2012.
I'm sure Fred Talbot would agree

Decent little venue that, watched Kirk Mcilhinny there last year.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Best live gig on 12:18 - Jan 27 with 1442 viewsfollon

The Damned, Middy Civic May 1977,
The Jam, Middy Civic July 1977
The Stranglers at the Academy after the 4 - 2 away win at Accy, we were all convinced we had won promotion that day and in the end we had.
Hey 3 Lions, would like to see The Maccabees.
Anyone out there, remembers The Fall and Wilful Damage at Rochdale College gig circa 1978?
I believe The Damage are playing at The Ratcliffes in Feb.
Best live gig on 12:21 - Jan 27 with 1440 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Oasis - 2005 at the City Of Manchester Stadium.

Pogues - International 2 - 1988 ish.

Big Audio Dynamite - International 2 - 1988 ish.

The Alarm - Hacienda - 1986.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Best live gig on 12:26 - Jan 27 with 1435 viewsFred_Talbot

Pixies - Manchester Apollo 91
Happy Mondays - Manchester Hacienda 89
Shack - Manchester University 93
Echo & the Bunnymen - Liverpool Cream 97
The Chameleons - Manchester International 86

Where's Fred?

Best live gig on 12:28 - Jan 27 with 1432 viewsfitzochris

I've seen a lot of tremendous gigs in my time, but The Stone Roses at Heaton Park last summer tops the list for me.

I'm hoping Glasgow Green this year isn't an anti-climax.

I think the only thing that will be able to top that for me now is a reformation of The Smiths.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Best live gig on 12:58 - Jan 27 with 1416 viewspnc4eva1

For showmanship - U2 Cardiff

Music live - The Charlatans

Best never made it group - The Jerks

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Login to get fewer ads

Best live gig on 13:04 - Jan 27 with 1416 viewsDorsetDale

Bob Dylan Wembley 83ish
BB King Exeter '87ish only small venue but the man is superb entertainment
Floyd 94ish
Glastonbury in the early years was like entering a different universe for a few days before reluctantly having to get back to the "real" world.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Best live gig on 13:30 - Jan 27 with 1398 viewsrafc1984

Best live gig on 23:42 - Jan 26 by ColDale

thought GnR were awful at Maine Road that day

Really surprised. I think people were p!ssed off with them canceling at short notice a week or so before, I remember a couple of mates I went with, being annoyed (due to work commitments.) But looking back they now think it was a belting day out.
I thought they were tip-top, and the atmosphere great, mind you, it was the first time I had seen them, and it was miles better, than when I saw them at milton keynes bowl a couple of years later. (Another crap venue for a gig) Thought the Cult were the highlight of that day.
Best live gig on 14:16 - Jan 27 with 1387 viewsNigeriamark

Agree with a few others about the prodigy ( seen 4 times and always good).

Original punk bands were very good in their early days ( damned, stranglers, Buzzcocks, Ramones etc etc)

Worst was Kiss at the Apollo ( when they tried a tour without the make-up)
Best live gig on 15:10 - Jan 27 with 1368 viewswimborne_dale

Stiff Little Fingers at Sheffield Lyceum (1982) and Big Country at Leicester DeMonfort Hall (1986)

Edgar Allan's Crow

Best live gig on 16:53 - Jan 27 with 1354 viewswindowsbug

Slash at the Apollo Manchester, the time before last.
Best live gig on 18:10 - Jan 27 with 1329 viewsColDale

Best live gig on 13:30 - Jan 27 by rafc1984

Really surprised. I think people were p!ssed off with them canceling at short notice a week or so before, I remember a couple of mates I went with, being annoyed (due to work commitments.) But looking back they now think it was a belting day out.
I thought they were tip-top, and the atmosphere great, mind you, it was the first time I had seen them, and it was miles better, than when I saw them at milton keynes bowl a couple of years later. (Another crap venue for a gig) Thought the Cult were the highlight of that day.

saw them at Wembley the year before, and they did the two hours lateness thing but were tons better. Maine Road just seemed like they were only there because they were contractually obliged to fulfill it. Maybe as you said, the cancellation and lateness might have soured my memory.I remember Faith No More being brilliant that day and Soundgarden being a bit disappointing.
Best live gig on 18:32 - Jan 27 with 1315 viewsYouTubeDale

The Alarm at Trent Poly 1983. My ears are still ringing. But I was sick when I didn't go to see Eurythmics performing Sweet Dreams at fresher's week in 1982 at Hatfield Poly. I was up for it but let down by my mates. Oh, and it was even performed at the Olympics 30 years later.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Best live gig on 18:38 - Jan 27 with 1245 viewsArthurDaley

Shania Twain, at the MEN,i was two rows from the front. I'm sure she smiled at me.

A large VAT Dave

Best live gig on 19:31 - Jan 27 with 1228 viewsChaffRAFC

No particular order the the best I've been to are:

Arctic Monkeys - Club Nirvana, Wigan, 2005. Saw them with Col there well before the first album was released and we knew we had just seen a band that were going to be one of the biggest bands in the world.

Morrissey - Manchester Apollo (Mozz's 50th Birthday), 2009. Went with Col and TomRAFC and it was easily the best gig I've seen from Moz, full of Smiths tracks, full of his best songs. Ace.

Stone Roses - Heaton Park, 2012. First time I've been able to see them, greatest hits setlist, massive gig, just the opportunity to be there was enough for it to be classed as one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Blink 182 - Manchester Arena, 2012. Again, despite being a massive fan, it was the first time I'd ever got to see them and was over the moon at seeing a fantastic setlist and a good performance for a band known for being bobbins live. Plus, Travis Barker's drum solo pretty much blew my mind.

NME Tour 2005 - Manchester Academy, 2005. £10 to see a bunch of new bands that I didn't know much about other than the Killers who headlined (before they were sh!t. Then the Kaiser Chiefs were on and were decent, they're not now, but then came Bloc Party who were fantastic and then the Futureheads who are one of the most underrated bands ever. Great gig.

Angels & Airwaves - Manchester Academy, 2008. Genius band, years before their time, had just released their second album, which in my book is one of the best albums ever, it's in my top 5 anyway. Fabulous gig.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Best live gig on 16:52 - Jan 28 with 1185 viewsjudd

Dinosaur Jr, this coming Friday, Ritz, Manchester.

Manics Reading 1994.

Todd Rundgren, AWATS Hammersmith Feb 2010.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Best live gig on 17:16 - Jan 28 with 1178 viewsdalefertcup2

Rabid Records First Bithday GIg or something. Manc Poly 1978. Slaughter N the Dogs headed the bill which included Jilted John. Absolute scream........
Best live gig on 18:18 - Jan 28 with 1161 viewsTomRAFC

Best live gig on 19:31 - Jan 27 by ChaffRAFC

No particular order the the best I've been to are:

Arctic Monkeys - Club Nirvana, Wigan, 2005. Saw them with Col there well before the first album was released and we knew we had just seen a band that were going to be one of the biggest bands in the world.

Morrissey - Manchester Apollo (Mozz's 50th Birthday), 2009. Went with Col and TomRAFC and it was easily the best gig I've seen from Moz, full of Smiths tracks, full of his best songs. Ace.

Stone Roses - Heaton Park, 2012. First time I've been able to see them, greatest hits setlist, massive gig, just the opportunity to be there was enough for it to be classed as one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Blink 182 - Manchester Arena, 2012. Again, despite being a massive fan, it was the first time I'd ever got to see them and was over the moon at seeing a fantastic setlist and a good performance for a band known for being bobbins live. Plus, Travis Barker's drum solo pretty much blew my mind.

NME Tour 2005 - Manchester Academy, 2005. £10 to see a bunch of new bands that I didn't know much about other than the Killers who headlined (before they were sh!t. Then the Kaiser Chiefs were on and were decent, they're not now, but then came Bloc Party who were fantastic and then the Futureheads who are one of the most underrated bands ever. Great gig.

Angels & Airwaves - Manchester Academy, 2008. Genius band, years before their time, had just released their second album, which in my book is one of the best albums ever, it's in my top 5 anyway. Fabulous gig.

agree with you on the mozz and roses gigs chaff

the first time i saw richard thompson he was solo acoustic and i was simply blown away

also a special mention for motorhead as a top notch live rock band

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Best live gig on 19:22 - Jan 28 with 1145 viewsAtThePeake

Stone Roses at Heaton Park last year. Absolutely unbelievable.

Both Elbow & The Cure were absolutely incredible when I saw them at festivals also.

Tangled up in blue.

Best live gig on 19:40 - Jan 28 with 1141 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Blur at the Accademy in 93-94 - just after Modern Life is Rubbish - I remember them blowing my mind with 'Popscene' and were awesome. Coxon was awesome and I was young, beautiful, spotier and had considerably thicker hair.

Massive Attack at the T&C in Leeds circa 1997 were very good.

Primal Scream were always good value - Brixton Accademy 1999ish.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024