Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham game - Worried already! 13:23 - Mar 12 with 2184 viewsdale_upon_tyne

I was overall delighted with the result on Saturday but disappointed with the second half tactics and performance. It is the first time I have found myself questionning Coleman's thinking. On Saturday I think we need to be more positive from the outset and for that reason I am praying JLAA is fit and he comes in to replace Jordan. Even if JLAA isn't fit I would bring Adams back into the side.

I really hope that crowd come to the stadium prepared to make some noise on Saturday. I'm worried that the match being all-ticket, that the home attendance will be sparse and crowd flat - if Coleman sets us up as we did vs Hudds (without an attacking outlet other than Symes) then we could see ourselves out of it by HT with bad vibes coming from the stands.

Will there be an Observer promotion on tomorrow? - with the box office number for tickets??! There should be a rallying cry coming from the club by now - full page advertisment isn't too much to ask is it?! If there isn't, it is a disgrace and once again certain members of the club backroom staff will have let the club (and the town) down for not forcing the issue.

I'd also like to see a last minute fans poster campaign like the good old days.

Massive game and a must win game for us on Saturday. In my opinion, if we lose this one we're dead and buried.

I might seem negative or just a bit of a worrier on this thread, but come Saturday I'll be spilling my guts out trying to get behind the team. I just hope there will be a few more like me in the stands and a team who go for it from the off!
Oldham game - Worried already! on 13:28 - Mar 12 with 2160 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Biffo's only Sold 980 out of allocated 3,545 tickets

because of this new development i hoping the amount hasnt increased by thursday night then should be changed to pay on the gate

shove your police advise up your a*se (8)

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Oldham game - Worried already! on 13:31 - Mar 12 with 2153 viewsTalkingSutty

Stop being so mard you soft bugger!! After the great performance at Huddersfield, i am sure the lads will be giving their all against Oldham.I expect us to win but wont be slitting my wrists if we dont.

I will prick your balloon already by telling you that there wont be more than 2,800 Dale fans there on Saturday, get used to it, this is Rochdale!!
Oldham game - Worried already! on 13:35 - Mar 12 with 2141 viewsdalenumber2

The club should really be pushing this one, I agree. It's a chance to get a decent atmosphere going and get behind the lads, in the way we did at Huddersfield. John Coleman must think we are quiet bunch after listening to the Accy fans sing their hearts out week after week, winning or losing. No reason why we can't do this too. It's make or break time and we have out part to play as fans in the fight to keep our league 1 status.
Oldham game - Worried already! on 13:41 - Mar 12 with 2124 viewsTalkingSutty

Oldham game - Worried already! on 13:35 - Mar 12 by dalenumber2

The club should really be pushing this one, I agree. It's a chance to get a decent atmosphere going and get behind the lads, in the way we did at Huddersfield. John Coleman must think we are quiet bunch after listening to the Accy fans sing their hearts out week after week, winning or losing. No reason why we can't do this too. It's make or break time and we have out part to play as fans in the fight to keep our league 1 status.

They wont come when its reduced admission or pay on the gate so theres no chance of getting them to make a special midweek trip to Spotland to buy tickets, booking them over the phone will also prove too big a hurdle for them also. Its the harsh truth.
Oldham game - Worried already! on 13:44 - Mar 12 with 2114 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Oldham game - Worried already! on 13:41 - Mar 12 by TalkingSutty

They wont come when its reduced admission or pay on the gate so theres no chance of getting them to make a special midweek trip to Spotland to buy tickets, booking them over the phone will also prove too big a hurdle for them also. Its the harsh truth.

whats going on about the Online ticketing nothing has been mantioned since Fans Forum at beginning of the season

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Oldham game - Worried already! on 13:49 - Mar 12 with 2102 viewsSuddenLad

Oldham game - Worried already! on 13:28 - Mar 12 by DaleAwaydayBot

Biffo's only Sold 980 out of allocated 3,545 tickets

because of this new development i hoping the amount hasnt increased by thursday night then should be changed to pay on the gate

shove your police advise up your a*se (8)

We have been repeatedly told that there is no possibility of 'pay on the day', so it is safest to assume for everyone wishing to attend that they are in possession of a ticket prior to the day of the game.

Like the clown who wrote to the Observer last weekend, don't think you can wave £20 at the turnstile operator, and expect him to accept it.

God knows, we've had enough notice.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Oldham game - Worried already! on 14:10 - Mar 12 with 2059 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Oldham game - Worried already! on 13:49 - Mar 12 by SuddenLad

We have been repeatedly told that there is no possibility of 'pay on the day', so it is safest to assume for everyone wishing to attend that they are in possession of a ticket prior to the day of the game.

Like the clown who wrote to the Observer last weekend, don't think you can wave £20 at the turnstile operator, and expect him to accept it.

God knows, we've had enough notice.

Well its just plain stupidity they changed the buckets game changed quick enough to pay on the gate when ticket sales were this low at Gigg Lane and plus i know many Dale Fans who cant get to Ticket Office during the week due to work commitments and other stuff living in miles away from Spotland or working out of town etc and are non-st holders. The day our club gets online ticketing things mght actually change with Derby Day attendences making it more accessable to Rochdale Fans to buy tickets

Oldham game - Worried already! on 14:16 - Mar 12 with 2041 viewsfitzochris

Whether it's all ticket or not, whether it's promoted or not - it'll make no difference. The only fans who will be there on Saturday are those who care about the result ie us.

The remainder of Rochdale's apathetic football fans will give a cursory glance at the league table, see us bottom of it, shrug their shoulders, and say: "Same old shite Rochdale."

Sad but true.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Oldham game - Worried already! on 14:16 - Mar 12 with 2039 viewsjudd

On-line ticketing system may very well be the fastest way to find out how many tickets we haven't sold at any one time.

As said previously, phone purchases can be made and the tickets saved at the office until matchday.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Oldham game - Worried already! on 15:53 - Mar 12 with 1946 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham game - Worried already! on 14:10 - Mar 12 by DaleAwaydayBot

Well its just plain stupidity they changed the buckets game changed quick enough to pay on the gate when ticket sales were this low at Gigg Lane and plus i know many Dale Fans who cant get to Ticket Office during the week due to work commitments and other stuff living in miles away from Spotland or working out of town etc and are non-st holders. The day our club gets online ticketing things mght actually change with Derby Day attendences making it more accessable to Rochdale Fans to buy tickets

You could act as a ticket courier for those who can't get to the club during the week, Tazzy.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham game - Worried already! on 16:04 - Mar 12 with 1920 viewsD_Alien

Oldham game - Worried already! on 15:53 - Mar 12 by TVOS1907

You could act as a ticket courier for those who can't get to the club during the week, Tazzy.

Are you saying he could make a courier out of it?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham game - Worried already! on 17:05 - Mar 12 with 1820 viewsmaybee

Anyone who is a Trust Member is allowed (on production of a valid membership card) to buy a ticket for an all ticket game on the day.

This is quite important, and although it's been well publicised, is not known about by every supporter.

It took months of negotiating and many letters back and forth before the Police finally agreed to allow Trust members to buy tickets in this way. The club was instrumental in this...the Police less so!!!

I'd therefore suggest that it's another good reason to join the Trust (but I would; wouldn't I) rather than moan about all ticket games and the lack of an online ticketing system.
Oldham game - Worried already! on 17:52 - Mar 12 with 1754 viewsThe_DJ

Oldham game - Worried already! on 17:05 - Mar 12 by maybee

Anyone who is a Trust Member is allowed (on production of a valid membership card) to buy a ticket for an all ticket game on the day.

This is quite important, and although it's been well publicised, is not known about by every supporter.

It took months of negotiating and many letters back and forth before the Police finally agreed to allow Trust members to buy tickets in this way. The club was instrumental in this...the Police less so!!!

I'd therefore suggest that it's another good reason to join the Trust (but I would; wouldn't I) rather than moan about all ticket games and the lack of an online ticketing system.

Can't believe there isn't a retailer in the town centre who could sell tickets or even the Stadium shareholders the Council ?

Another idea, sell an 'Any match ticket' available from August onwards.

it's not as if we are ever going to fill the ground for a League game so the using a floating ticket would not present problems especially as the club could monitor sales v useage, if ever the population decided to support the club in numbers.
Oldham game - Worried already! on 18:45 - Mar 12 with 1688 viewsColDale

the problem with many online ticket retailers is the cost. As far as I am aware, many of them have quite substantial charges for doing so - especially on a scheme that in the short term at Spotland wouldn't sell many tickets at all. From some of the schemes I've investigated, we could be charged up to a couple of quid per ticket sold, and the last thing we'd want is to lose is three or four grand just for such a scheme.

Obviously, long term its about finding the right scheme, and maybe a deal could be struck with someone like Zen with the intention of showing this off to other clubs and potentially sell the scheme to them. Maybe with the likes of IJ's former time with Zen, this could give us an inroad.

There are some fantastic schemes out there - notably the Chesterfield one (tho I don't know how much it is costing them to run such a scheme).

The perfect scheme for me would involve:
* Stores your details (I buy more of Amazon because its 2 or 3 clicks rather than searching out to re-enter my card details)
* Remembers your preferred seat / stand
* Allows direct debit to automatically purchase the next game
* Allows tickets to be printed at home to cut out postage costs
* Automatically emails all supporters who have not purchased a ticket four or five days before a game as a reminder
* Allows us the use to sell tickets to away supporters directly via our ticket system
* Allows the club to analyse sales patterns over the long term to track lapsed supporters and also identify patterns in overall crowd attendances

Amongst all of this, I would question how many supporters are missing out on games due to the all ticket status. I expected to have seen a flood of messages on here over the season of supporters unable to get into the games, but from memory I don't think there's been any. Does that suggest there isn't as much of a problem as we suspect there could be?
Oldham game - Worried already! on 19:43 - Mar 12 with 1616 viewsD_Alien

Oldham game - Worried already! on 18:45 - Mar 12 by ColDale

the problem with many online ticket retailers is the cost. As far as I am aware, many of them have quite substantial charges for doing so - especially on a scheme that in the short term at Spotland wouldn't sell many tickets at all. From some of the schemes I've investigated, we could be charged up to a couple of quid per ticket sold, and the last thing we'd want is to lose is three or four grand just for such a scheme.

Obviously, long term its about finding the right scheme, and maybe a deal could be struck with someone like Zen with the intention of showing this off to other clubs and potentially sell the scheme to them. Maybe with the likes of IJ's former time with Zen, this could give us an inroad.

There are some fantastic schemes out there - notably the Chesterfield one (tho I don't know how much it is costing them to run such a scheme).

The perfect scheme for me would involve:
* Stores your details (I buy more of Amazon because its 2 or 3 clicks rather than searching out to re-enter my card details)
* Remembers your preferred seat / stand
* Allows direct debit to automatically purchase the next game
* Allows tickets to be printed at home to cut out postage costs
* Automatically emails all supporters who have not purchased a ticket four or five days before a game as a reminder
* Allows us the use to sell tickets to away supporters directly via our ticket system
* Allows the club to analyse sales patterns over the long term to track lapsed supporters and also identify patterns in overall crowd attendances

Amongst all of this, I would question how many supporters are missing out on games due to the all ticket status. I expected to have seen a flood of messages on here over the season of supporters unable to get into the games, but from memory I don't think there's been any. Does that suggest there isn't as much of a problem as we suspect there could be?

On your last point, I'd say it's more likely that people who post on here would be more likely to make the extra effort to buy tickets when required - not invariably, but much more so than the average fan

As a matter of interest, I wonder how many "regular" posters we have on here? i.e. Dale fans who post at least once a week, or more than once a month?

If the answer is around 100 (I could be way out) that's less than 5% of our average home support, which would add weight to the theory about lack of complaints about not being able to get to games on here not being a factor - if that makes sense?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham game - Worried already! on 19:49 - Mar 12 with 1590 viewsColDale

Oldham game - Worried already! on 19:43 - Mar 12 by D_Alien

On your last point, I'd say it's more likely that people who post on here would be more likely to make the extra effort to buy tickets when required - not invariably, but much more so than the average fan

As a matter of interest, I wonder how many "regular" posters we have on here? i.e. Dale fans who post at least once a week, or more than once a month?

If the answer is around 100 (I could be way out) that's less than 5% of our average home support, which would add weight to the theory about lack of complaints about not being able to get to games on here not being a factor - if that makes sense?

I wouldn't disagree with any of that. Reality is probably somewhere between the two. I don't think we have masses wanting to go to Spotland on the afternoon yet unable to, but equally we couldn't claim we are doing everything we can to make it as easy as we could do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024