Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chesterfield 12:01 - Oct 22 with 843 viewsTheOldOakTree

Just looking on the Chesterfield ticketing website, by my reckoning there are 155 tickets already sold in the away end! Looking forward to it.

Will our defence be terrified, or will they extinguish Will Griggs. Either way, he will still be the subject of probably the best football chant ever.

Never mind the result we just need true grit and a never give up attitude. Injuries will not last forever and anything from tonight will be a bonus.
Chesterfield on 12:10 - Oct 22 with 620 viewsgerry_us

My daughter, a Spirites fan is treating me tonight as a late Father's Day pressie.
We couldn't agree which end we should sit so tossed a coin and I lost so sitting in the AWAY end . Not sure how that happened but will no doubt still get a lot of stick through the evening unless!!!..we can always hope
[Post edited 22 Oct 12:13]
Chesterfield on 13:35 - Oct 22 with 564 viewsdurham_exile

Chesterfield on 12:10 - Oct 22 by gerry_us

My daughter, a Spirites fan is treating me tonight as a late Father's Day pressie.
We couldn't agree which end we should sit so tossed a coin and I lost so sitting in the AWAY end . Not sure how that happened but will no doubt still get a lot of stick through the evening unless!!!..we can always hope
[Post edited 22 Oct 12:13]

Gerry do you mean the Home End, we wouldn't give you any stick in the Away end.

Though tonight I will be an armchair supporter watching on Sky Sports +

Enjoy the game and let's hope for a 2-1 U's win.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Chesterfield on 14:19 - Oct 22 with 542 viewsdurham_exile

Just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse, they did on Saturday with a 2-1 home defeat to the lacklustre Robins.

Now of course the doom and gloom merchants are out in force and even those with a glass half full outlook are beginning to waiver.

For me I don’t understand it. The team are surely stronger this season but the inconsistency is still the only consistent thing about our team.

Grim times at the JCS indeed. Now tonight we head to the quaintly named SMH Group Stadium at Chesterfield. Wasn’t Saltergate just so much better.

Here’s the real kicker their stadium which also accommodates 10,000 will probably have 8,500 present and all salivating at the prospect of a Colchester defeat. Time for the real Colchester United to stand up and be counted in front of the Sky Sports + cameras.

Paul Cook will have Will Grigg on fire and Paddy Madden wheeled out in his bath chair.
DC needs a reaction to the appalling rubbish served up on Saturday. The injuries continue to mount and we could be without Edwards, Bishop, Tovide and Scully for tonight’s game.

Tovide is the big miss unfortunately. Now Oscar Thorn has been recalled from his loan at Chelmsford City and should play along side Lyle Taylor. There is no point in lining up 4,6,0 as we effectively did at Port Vale in the first half.

Chesterfield’s home form has actually not been brilliant with several drawn games. It is up to DC to put out a strong team capable of getting a result. We are 20th with 11 points from 11 games. The Spireites are 8th with 18 points from 12 games. Three points tonight would be the boost that we need ahead of the Salford game at the weekend.

Weather will be 11 degrees Celsius cloudy and dry with a slight breeze.

DC has a number of decisions to make.
He must drop Hunt and the unthinkable, drop Flanagan who is not a leader and is struggling this season. Drop Gordon even if Edwards is still out and think about the following.

Macey plays, Kells and Goodliffe are the twin Centre Backs and Iandolo plays left back. Payne, Read and Woodyard play in midfield together with Egbo.

Thorn and Taylor up front. Under no circumstances play Taylor on his own up top.
Thus:

Macey

Kells Goodliffe Iandolo

Egbo Payne Read Woodyard Hopper

Thorn Taylor

Subs
Smith Donnelly McDonnell Anderson Gordon Flanagan Hunt

Edwards, Bishop and Tovide are all big misses unfortunately. We simply have to sign another striker in the January transfer window.

The fans are frustrated, the management are frustrated, other teams are relishing coming to the JCS which is no way remotely like a fortress. Away from home we are struggling.

Time to end this appalling record and indifferent performances. Play for pride, with passion and commitment. Move the ball forward quickly and stop the endless sideways or backwards passes.

Put the effort in and we can get a result tonight. I’m going for a 2-1 Colchester victory. More importantly stop the rot and the dreadful indifference and lack of commitment.
The fans deserve better.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful. Gerry shout loud and proud in the Chesterfield end!!!

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Chesterfield on 14:45 - Oct 22 with 527 viewsBLACKCAT

Will Grigg! Banging them in for Chesterfield but an absolute waste of a seven-figure sum for us. Probably Stewart Donald's biggest clanger taking peanuts for Josh Maja instead of letting him see his contract out and then paying several times the Maja fee for a man who appeared to regret joining us from the moment he arrived.

He'll probably score the only goal of the match tonight.
Chesterfield on 15:33 - Oct 22 with 494 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Oni is also missing due to injury. He was starting to look like a real player too.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Chesterfield on 15:54 - Oct 22 with 483 viewsdurham_exile

Chesterfield on 15:33 - Oct 22 by RSCOSWORTH

Oni is also missing due to injury. He was starting to look like a real player too.

RS I didn't mention Milton Oni because sadly he is out for the season after he was fouled in the Brentford game.

He reminded me of Mainoo. A huge miss for us.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Chesterfield on 18:08 - Oct 22 with 419 viewsRSCOSWORTH

It's Danny Cowley's birthday today, let's hope he gets a gift from Chesterfield or the ref or from anywhere really.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Chesterfield on 18:52 - Oct 22 with 387 viewsdurham_exile

Starting XI

Macey

Hunt Donnelly Goodliffe Iandolo

Payne McDonnell Woodyard Hopper

Gordon Thorn

Subs
Smith Kells Flanagan Anderson Read Egbo Taylor

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Chesterfield on 19:04 - Oct 22 with 359 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Stasi in Fluro jackets have just given anyone under the age of 50 a thorough OTT search at the turnstiles. Then took one look at me and said “in you go mate”

If only they knew, I’m the biggest hooligan here .

Chesterfield on 19:15 - Oct 22 with 336 viewsMarkyMark47

Pleased to see Goodliffe back in the team. Looks like he will be one of our main goal threats!
Chesterfield on 19:29 - Oct 22 with 310 viewsMarkyMark47

DC must see something in Hunt that's invisible to the rest of humanity. Or is it because there's no competition in that position?
Chesterfield on 19:32 - Oct 22 with 296 viewswessex_exile

Chesterfield on 19:04 - Oct 22 by TheOldOakTree

The Stasi in Fluro jackets have just given anyone under the age of 50 a thorough OTT search at the turnstiles. Then took one look at me and said “in you go mate”

If only they knew, I’m the biggest hooligan here .

Don't worry TOOT - if they don't know it, I do

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Chesterfield on 19:39 - Oct 22 with 280 viewsTheOldOakTree

Wonder how long it took then to build a stadium out of Meccano?

Pies won’t be hot enough until half time. Proper non-league. Hope we stuff them.

Chesterfield on 19:47 - Oct 22 with 270 viewsdurham_exile

Chesterfield on 19:39 - Oct 22 by TheOldOakTree

Wonder how long it took then to build a stadium out of Meccano?

Pies won’t be hot enough until half time. Proper non-league. Hope we stuff them.

What really hacks me off is the sympathetic treatment we receive from the commentators.

Poor side, disappointing results, it will be a shock if we win.

Well as Woolf the Mercedes boss said to Hamilton.

Don't worry Lewis f**k them all.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Chesterfield on 19:51 - Oct 22 with 267 viewsdurham_exile

Chesterfield on 19:47 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

What really hacks me off is the sympathetic treatment we receive from the commentators.

Poor side, disappointing results, it will be a shock if we win.

Well as Woolf the Mercedes boss said to Hamilton.

Don't worry Lewis f**k them all.

Come on the U's

Great play from Thorn and Payne super strike

Durham_exile

Chesterfield on 19:55 - Oct 22 with 263 viewsdurham_exile

Chesterfield on 19:51 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

Great play from Thorn and Payne super strike

When Col U win TOOT's on the pitch

Durham_exile

Chesterfield on 20:11 - Oct 22 with 250 viewsdurham_exile

Chesterfield on 19:55 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

Oscar Thorn is absolutely outstanding.

No fear, attacking at every opportunity.

Plenty of skill, tall and athletic.

Must have a permanent berth in the team.

We can win this game.

Durham_exile

Chesterfield on 20:42 - Oct 22 with 200 viewsTheOldOakTree

Chesterfield on 19:55 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

I’m not sure about that. I’ve not been taking my Sanatogen.

Brilliant response to Saturday. A nervy 45 mins ahead. Hopefully we can unleash Taylor to get a second.
Chesterfield on 20:43 - Oct 22 with 197 viewsMarkyMark47

Terrific assist from Thorn, and we've had one or two other promising moments, but realistically we are under the cosh and need to keep the ball more...
Chesterfield on 20:46 - Oct 22 with 186 viewsgerry_us

Chesterfield on 20:11 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

Oscar Thorn is absolutely outstanding.

No fear, attacking at every opportunity.

Plenty of skill, tall and athletic.

Must have a permanent berth in the team.

We can win this game.

Missing you mate
Chesterfield on 20:49 - Oct 22 with 183 viewsdurham_exile

Chesterfield on 20:46 - Oct 22 by gerry_us

Missing you mate

Likewise.

We need to keep up the defensive quality and then Taylor can come on to score the second goal.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Chesterfield on 20:53 - Oct 22 with 180 viewsdurham_exile

Chesterfield on 20:49 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

Likewise.

We need to keep up the defensive quality and then Taylor can come on to score the second goal.

Up the U's

Paul Cook is getting ratty on the touchline.

He can foxtrot oscar.

Up the Thorn inspired U's

Durham_exile

Chesterfield on 21:02 - Oct 22 with 164 viewsdurham_exile

Chesterfield on 20:53 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

Paul Cook is getting ratty on the touchline.

He can foxtrot oscar.

Up the Thorn inspired U's

Arthur Read takes the best free kicks

Payne always puts them over the bar.

Durham_exile

Chesterfield on 21:08 - Oct 22 with 142 viewsdurham_exile

Chesterfield on 21:02 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

Arthur Read takes the best free kicks

Payne always puts them over the bar.

He looked offside to me then

Durham_exile

Chesterfield on 21:10 - Oct 22 with 140 viewsdurham_exile