Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Col U YouTube channel 11:26 - Oct 18 with 357 viewsMarkyMark47

There's a new person doing the interviews this week. Don't know who it is but I thought his style of asking "open" questions worked really well with DC and especially Tom Flanagan. Usually I find the interviewer asks too many leading questions that provoke clichéd responses like "Yeah 100%".
Col U YouTube channel on 18:22 - Oct 21 with 202 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Interesting topic.

I agree the mode of questioning is far too sugar coated.

Florence Park is a little too cosy an environment to ask the real hardcore questions that are sometimes required.

I like the fact that Danny Cowley referred to the four year horror show that the supporters have had to endure, while some may think it many years more.

I listened briefly to the commentary on Rochdale against Southend match on BBC Essex on Saturday evening, it was excellent, l think the new guy's name was Darren?

BBC Essex is going through some serious cost cutting.
Col U YouTube channel on 16:45 - Oct 22 with 95 viewsMarkyMark47

Col U YouTube channel on 18:22 - Oct 21 by SparkfilmsTV

Interesting topic.

I agree the mode of questioning is far too sugar coated.

Florence Park is a little too cosy an environment to ask the real hardcore questions that are sometimes required.

I like the fact that Danny Cowley referred to the four year horror show that the supporters have had to endure, while some may think it many years more.

I listened briefly to the commentary on Rochdale against Southend match on BBC Essex on Saturday evening, it was excellent, l think the new guy's name was Darren?

BBC Essex is going through some serious cost cutting.

I've just had a quick look at the interview with Payne prior to tonight's game. The usual guy is back and the first "question" is "how important is a positive reaction tonight?" Hardly likely to provoke an interesting reply. It's all way too cosy. Predictably Payne says "Yeah, 100%"
[Post edited 22 Oct 16:47]
Col U YouTube channel on 16:55 - Oct 22 with 88 viewsMoor_Pinot

Col U YouTube channel on 16:45 - Oct 22 by MarkyMark47

I've just had a quick look at the interview with Payne prior to tonight's game. The usual guy is back and the first "question" is "how important is a positive reaction tonight?" Hardly likely to provoke an interesting reply. It's all way too cosy. Predictably Payne says "Yeah, 100%"
[Post edited 22 Oct 16:47]

The interviewing on that channel - Gregory included - are deplorable, juvenile and unwatchable. They are excruciatingly patronising with fed responses. No use to me nor insight into the reality of our U's. I stopped bothering some time ago after a particularly ghastly interview with Samson. 100%.

Moor Pinot

Col U YouTube channel on 18:10 - Oct 22 with 66 viewsSparkfilmsTV

The interviewing technique on Colu TV should be re-evaluated - l doubt it will be.

It's just too 'In - house', predictable and spoon fed.

Censorship comes to mind.

It's almost like the owner is standing around the corner controlling everything.

I think most of us realise there may be some kind of gagging order on players not to overstep the mark. I have often wondered if it is in the small print somewhere on a contract. Maybe it's an accepted unwritten rule.

On a few rare occasions someone might say something interesting. I bet Matt Jay could! Ben Garner too. Joe Dunne could for sure.

I have been fortunate enough to interview former managers and players in private over the years and they are much more interesting people that they appear on the likes of Colu TV.
Col U YouTube channel on 18:39 - Oct 22 with 52 viewsMarkyMark47

Col U YouTube channel on 18:10 - Oct 22 by SparkfilmsTV

The interviewing technique on Colu TV should be re-evaluated - l doubt it will be.

It's just too 'In - house', predictable and spoon fed.

Censorship comes to mind.

It's almost like the owner is standing around the corner controlling everything.

I think most of us realise there may be some kind of gagging order on players not to overstep the mark. I have often wondered if it is in the small print somewhere on a contract. Maybe it's an accepted unwritten rule.

On a few rare occasions someone might say something interesting. I bet Matt Jay could! Ben Garner too. Joe Dunne could for sure.

I have been fortunate enough to interview former managers and players in private over the years and they are much more interesting people that they appear on the likes of Colu TV.

The BBC Radio Essex commentary is odd too. I can understand why a supposedly independent broadcaster might want to use an ex-player to provide some "expert" input, but not when the former player is still employed by the Club! And I think the main commentator has a background in rugby rather than football. I know there are some who like the radio coverage of Col U's matches but I find it almost unbearable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024