Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Italia 13:21 - Jul 23 with 3636 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What on earth has happened to this league?*

*Corruption and a collapsed economy is the answer
Football Italia on 13:28 - Jul 23 with 2978 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Fck 'em!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Football Italia on 13:36 - Jul 23 with 2927 viewsTheChef

The world turned.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Football Italia on 13:42 - Jul 23 with 2891 viewsTheChef

But also Prem and La Liga got far more money than Serie A and have hoovered up all the best players ever since.

Football Italia on 13:43 - Jul 23 with 2888 viewsKonk

I think it's a bit like where we found ourselves in the 80's. Football violence leading to lots of fans staying away and dads not taking their kids. Stadiums that often haven't had any work done on them in decades, a loss of prestige with other European leagues overtaking them, and having spoken with quite a few people who stopped going to games in countries where there were high profile cases of match-fixing, I suspect that's not been an insignificant factor in declining attendances/revenue.

I was at a Rome derby last season, thoughand it was noticeable how many more families were then that at Italian games I attended in the past. Police seemed a lot more on top of things too.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Football Italia on 14:34 - Jul 23 with 2709 viewsMrSheen

Football Italia on 13:43 - Jul 23 by Konk

I think it's a bit like where we found ourselves in the 80's. Football violence leading to lots of fans staying away and dads not taking their kids. Stadiums that often haven't had any work done on them in decades, a loss of prestige with other European leagues overtaking them, and having spoken with quite a few people who stopped going to games in countries where there were high profile cases of match-fixing, I suspect that's not been an insignificant factor in declining attendances/revenue.

I was at a Rome derby last season, thoughand it was noticeable how many more families were then that at Italian games I attended in the past. Police seemed a lot more on top of things too.

I remember the Football Italia where JR had a cut on his head from being attacked on the way in. Sampdoria - Milan? Inter?
Football Italia on 15:03 - Jul 23 with 2619 viewsqprninja

Iconic though it is, it's shocking that the Milan sides still play at the San Siro. The whole league is stuck in the 90s, like Man Utd.
Football Italia on 16:42 - Jul 23 with 2446 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Italia on 15:03 - Jul 23 by qprninja

Iconic though it is, it's shocking that the Milan sides still play at the San Siro. The whole league is stuck in the 90s, like Man Utd.

Planning a trip to Livorno in October, and have been told to take a hard hat!
Football Italia on 22:07 - Jul 23 with 2182 viewsthame_hoops

Italian teams reached three European finals last year and 2 this year, winning one. Previous to that Roma won conference league 2022. The teams are still performing well in Europe.
Login to get fewer ads

Football Italia on 22:11 - Jul 23 with 2180 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Italia on 22:07 - Jul 23 by thame_hoops

Italian teams reached three European finals last year and 2 this year, winning one. Previous to that Roma won conference league 2022. The teams are still performing well in Europe.

Excellent point.
Football Italia on 07:45 - Jul 24 with 1899 viewsstevec

Used to love the Anglo Italian Cup pre season, Swindon v Napoli, jumpers for goalposts.

Those were the days and better than playing unknown Spanish teams in their local park.
Football Italia on 08:10 - Jul 24 with 1857 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I remember seeing Andrea Silenzi on the bench at Loftus Road for Forest (he was cak for them) but couldn't believe I was seeing an Italian International playing in England.

How times have changed.

I thought he was brought on but google tells me otherwise It may have been the warm up I remember him being on the pitch it was 28 October 1995.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Football Italia on 10:37 - Jul 24 with 1688 viewsTheChef

Football Italia on 16:42 - Jul 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Planning a trip to Livorno in October, and have been told to take a hard hat!

Livorno are well known for their left-wing fans - so perhaps no surprise you're going there

Football Italia on 11:31 - Jul 24 with 1588 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Italia on 10:37 - Jul 24 by TheChef

Livorno are well known for their left-wing fans - so perhaps no surprise you're going there

Oh are they? What a coincidence.
Football Italia on 11:38 - Jul 24 with 1562 viewsSheffieldHoop

Football Italia on 11:31 - Jul 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Any thoughts on the diminishing reputation of St Pauli as a left wing club? Their little friendship with Celtic is on the rocks I see, all because of some war thousands of miles away that has nothing to do with either of them. How sad.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Football Italia on 11:38 - Jul 24 with 1566 viewsDesertBoot

What a brilliant watch the Gazetta Di Italia was with James, way ahead of the rest of us, sitting in a nice spot with his posh coffee and newspaper.
The iconic theme tune and the "gooooooolazzzzooooooo".

Wish I could be like David Watts

Football Italia on 11:57 - Jul 24 with 1527 viewsstevec

Are they looking for fans on the board?

Just wondering if I should warn them.
Football Italia on 11:59 - Jul 24 with 1521 viewsLogman

The nature of the football has probably contributed to its own downfall. Italian football is possibly the most defensive in the world. Not conceding is the primary objective. Unfortunately, that is not what fans want to see.
[Post edited 24 Jul 12:00]
Football Italia on 12:03 - Jul 24 with 1480 viewsTheChef

One for you then!

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/02/19/the-rise-and-fall-of-left-wing-football

Football Italia on 12:23 - Jul 24 with 1428 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Italia on 11:38 - Jul 24 by SheffieldHoop

Any thoughts on the diminishing reputation of St Pauli as a left wing club? Their little friendship with Celtic is on the rocks I see, all because of some war thousands of miles away that has nothing to do with either of them. How sad.

Yeah, St Pauli are scabby cowards.
Football Italia on 12:24 - Jul 24 with 1424 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Italia on 12:03 - Jul 24 by TheChef

One for you then!

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/02/19/the-rise-and-fall-of-left-wing-football

I’m not going to for the views you know : )
Football Italia on 12:30 - Jul 24 with 1395 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Italia on 11:38 - Jul 24 by DesertBoot

What a brilliant watch the Gazetta Di Italia was with James, way ahead of the rest of us, sitting in a nice spot with his posh coffee and newspaper.
The iconic theme tune and the "gooooooolazzzzooooooo".

Proper nostalgia trip

Football Italia on 12:32 - Jul 24 with 1385 viewsCamberleyR

Football Italia on 11:59 - Jul 24 by Logman

The nature of the football has probably contributed to its own downfall. Italian football is possibly the most defensive in the world. Not conceding is the primary objective. Unfortunately, that is not what fans want to see.
[Post edited 24 Jul 12:00]

I don't think it's so much the case though these days is it?

Inter won the league last season scoring 89 goals in 38 games and runners up Milan also scored 2 per game. Compared to thirty years ago when Capello's Milan were winning the league only scoring 36 in 34 (although only conceding 15) and only one team (Sampdoria) came remotely close to 2 per game and only two others scored 1.5+.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Football Italia on 12:36 - Jul 24 with 1370 viewsTheChef

Football Italia on 12:24 - Jul 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m not going to for the views you know : )

Views look alright to me

Football Italia on 13:07 - Jul 24 with 1316 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Italia on 11:57 - Jul 24 by stevec

Are they looking for fans on the board?

Just wondering if I should warn them.

You might have forgotten, but you’ve used that joke before. Keep the snide remarks fresh at least!
Football Italia on 13:43 - Jul 24 with 1219 viewsstevec

Football Italia on 13:07 - Jul 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

You might have forgotten, but you’ve used that joke before. Keep the snide remarks fresh at least!

Probably true, could have been Dulwich Hamlets, the memory let’s me down these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024