Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing 17:46 - Jul 8 with 5201 viewsNorthernr

Greg Spires' analysis and video clips on our two little-known new comers here within...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62625
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 18:11 - Jul 8 with 5049 viewsOldPedro

Cheers both - interesting read

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 18:48 - Jul 8 with 4883 viewsdmm

Concerning your closing comments about Nourry's tight lip, I say a resounding Hear, Hear!
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 19:15 - Jul 8 with 4770 viewsstevec

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 18:48 - Jul 8 by dmm

Concerning your closing comments about Nourry's tight lip, I say a resounding Hear, Hear!

That said, if I was told they’ve been brought in on a one year loan which at the end of that loan will automatically convert into a 3 year deal, irrespective of whether they’re crap or not, I’d blow a gasket.
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 19:23 - Jul 8 with 4756 viewsEsox_Lucius

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 19:15 - Jul 8 by stevec

That said, if I was told they’ve been brought in on a one year loan which at the end of that loan will automatically convert into a 3 year deal, irrespective of whether they’re crap or not, I’d blow a gasket.

I think that is one the clubs major concerns going forward.

The grass is always greener.

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 19:27 - Jul 8 with 4739 viewsNorthernr

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 19:15 - Jul 8 by stevec

I would say QPR execs’ propensity to do stupid things like that is exactly why we shouldn’t be happy about them trying to hide stuff from us about our club.
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 20:34 - Jul 8 with 4444 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great info, folks.

Agree with your comments too, Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 20:43 - Jul 8 with 4414 viewssimmo

The question of where these signings/profiles are coming from is the most intriguing to me. We assumed that we'd find a replacemnent DoF eventually, as we know we're a club that needs long term planning, but it looks more & more likely that it's Nourry, Belk and the data that's dictating things.

So far that feels like a positive and is much more preferable to the agent led / former player shite of the past - but it would be interesting to know the general model and strategy... Who is involved, where (if at all) Marti comes into it, what metrics are we prioritising, etc etc

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 06:50 - Jul 9 with 3569 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 19:27 - Jul 8 by Northernr

I would say QPR execs’ propensity to do stupid things like that is exactly why we shouldn’t be happy about them trying to hide stuff from us about our club.

Will you be doing a sit down interview/chat with MC this preseason?
Or is that now been stopped due to it being a Nourry security risk?
Login to get fewer ads

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 07:17 - Jul 9 with 3506 viewsNorthernr

Yes that's still going ahead as usual, waiting to fix a date.
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 09:56 - Jul 9 with 3153 viewsfrancisbowles

Great info and I agree with the comments too.

It will be interesting to see if either Santos or Morrison start on the 10th August. My initial thoughts are that Santos will but Morrison will be on the bench. However, for Liam, that may depend on the availability of others.
[Post edited 9 Jul 9:56]
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 12:41 - Jul 9 with 2764 viewsDavieQPR

Other than a loanee, who didn't play much, don't think we have signed a player under 6ft.
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 12:47 - Jul 9 with 2748 viewsPaddyhoops

I assume both players are comfortable on the ball and in possession as I can’t see Marti touching them with a barge pole otherwise .
High hopes for both.
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 13:31 - Jul 9 with 2620 viewsDesertBoot

Absolutely brilliant research and writing so thankyou both.
I love these “leftfield” signings and it’s interesting both have already played in a friendly so ready to go.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 16:50 - Jul 9 with 2231 viewsQuillPenRiot

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 07:17 - Jul 9 by Northernr

Yes that's still going ahead as usual, waiting to fix a date.

Can you get one as well with Nourry? Tasty soundbites
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 17:52 - Jul 9 with 2108 viewsstainrods_elbow

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 19:27 - Jul 8 by Northernr

I'll agree with that louder than most, but, as I've always shown many times now, the idea that football clubs are 'our' clubs is pure pie in the sky these days, I'm sorry to say. We fans are ludicrously lionised and disingenously over-praised, while being treated like Covid viruses.

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 18:37 - Jul 9 with 2016 viewsdmm

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 17:52 - Jul 9 by stainrods_elbow

I'll agree with that louder than most, but, as I've always shown many times now, the idea that football clubs are 'our' clubs is pure pie in the sky these days, I'm sorry to say. We fans are ludicrously lionised and disingenously over-praised, while being treated like Covid viruses.

I don't know about that. Perhaps I'm overly romantic about football but I still stick to the notion that clubs are the supporters. I genuinely think a club would fall apart if all its fans stopped supporting it.
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 21:40 - Jul 9 with 1817 viewsEsox_Lucius

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 18:37 - Jul 9 by dmm

I don't know about that. Perhaps I'm overly romantic about football but I still stick to the notion that clubs are the supporters. I genuinely think a club would fall apart if all its fans stopped supporting it.

It hasn't stopped Man Utd though.

The grass is always greener.

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 22:29 - Jul 9 with 1724 viewsnumptydumpty

Morrison in particular looks a potentially excellent long term signing.

Santos is a more difficult one to understand currently as to where he is actually likely to play and contribute.

Regards keeping knowledge of contract lengths , transfer fees away from fans, could be to take away from fans online piling into the club, the player etc if its not as hoped and considered a more stable platform especially for a young player to perform from.

Also possibly allows more or less interest from other clubs in transfer dealings.

Can see a logic within it.

Appreciate as a journalist Clive you could understand it differently.

If it works, I am not bothered by contracts, transfer fees etc myself. And trust the club are doing due diligence and being sensible with fees paid, contract lengths given and wages set.

We all so far are impressed by new management at the club.

If it works, I personally don't need to be knowing the ins and outs of decisions the chiefs are making.

It's how all other businesses are run to be fair.

Our main interest as fans is that the team perform on the pitch and that the club is run with sensible financial choices...
[Post edited 9 Jul 22:32]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 06:22 - Jul 10 with 1434 viewsdmm

Also possibly allows more or less interest from other clubs in transfer dealings.

How does not publishing the length of a contract achieve that? As has been pointed out numerous times, all a club has to do to find out that detail is call the player's agent.
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 07:02 - Jul 10 with 1420 viewsNorthernr

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 22:29 - Jul 9 by numptydumpty

Morrison in particular looks a potentially excellent long term signing.

Santos is a more difficult one to understand currently as to where he is actually likely to play and contribute.

Regards keeping knowledge of contract lengths , transfer fees away from fans, could be to take away from fans online piling into the club, the player etc if its not as hoped and considered a more stable platform especially for a young player to perform from.

Can see a logic within it.

Appreciate as a journalist Clive you could understand it differently.

If it works, I am not bothered by contracts, transfer fees etc myself. And trust the club are doing due diligence and being sensible with fees paid, contract lengths given and wages set.

We all so far are impressed by new management at the club.

If it works, I personally don't need to be knowing the ins and outs of decisions the chiefs are making.

It's how all other businesses are run to be fair.

Our main interest as fans is that the team perform on the pitch and that the club is run with sensible financial choices...
[Post edited 9 Jul 22:32]

"And trust the club are doing due diligence and being sensible with fees paid, contract lengths given and wages set"

And what have QPR done over the last 30 years to justify that trust?
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 07:03 - Jul 10 with 1417 viewsNorthernr

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 16:50 - Jul 9 by QuillPenRiot

Can you get one as well with Nourry? Tasty soundbites

TBF my pitch to the club on the manager interview is always give me this and I'll leave you alone for the rest of the year so got to be careful about chucking other requests about!
Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 21:12 - Jul 10 with 945 viewsQuillPenRiot

Santos, Morrison double dip again highlights new direction – Signing on 07:03 - Jul 10 by Northernr

TBF my pitch to the club on the manager interview is always give me this and I'll leave you alone for the rest of the year so got to be careful about chucking other requests about!

No worries and no Nourries!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024