Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olise to Bayern Munich 19:34 - Jul 7 with 3479 viewsQPR_John

It seems a done deal. Wonder how it will affect Eze’s future at Palace
Olise to Bayern Munich on 19:59 - Jul 7 with 2538 viewsNed_Kennedys

He had a £60 million release clause which Bayern met.
Rumour is it Eze has a similar release clause and his visibility has been raised by his regular sub appearances at the Euros so I think there is a good chance bother club will make a move for him.
Olise to Bayern Munich on 20:13 - Jul 7 with 2458 viewsHAYESBOY

Think it makes it less likely he moves this summer. Palace don't need money now.
Only thing that might change is if they receive a silly offer they cant turn down, which would be good for us obviously.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Olise to Bayern Munich on 20:21 - Jul 7 with 2424 viewsLandshark

If he has the reported release clause there's not much Palace can do about it if someone offers it.
Olise to Bayern Munich on 22:21 - Jul 7 with 2224 viewsBluce_Ree

If I'm a chairman with 60 mill to spend, Eze's showing at this tournament isn't convincing me to part with that sort of cash.

He's had over an hour against tired players and done very little of note. He's not been bad (apart from in his first match where he was pretty gash) but he's not suggested a 60m price tag.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Olise to Bayern Munich on 22:34 - Jul 7 with 2190 viewsVancouverHoop

Hardly anyone in the England team has pulled up any trees though. He's been no better, or worse, than most of the squad. Unless that changes I don't think it'll affect his value one way or the other.
Olise to Bayern Munich on 08:01 - Jul 8 with 1967 viewskernowhoop

Olise to Bayern Munich on 22:21 - Jul 7 by Bluce_Ree

If I'm a chairman with 60 mill to spend, Eze's showing at this tournament isn't convincing me to part with that sort of cash.

He's had over an hour against tired players and done very little of note. He's not been bad (apart from in his first match where he was pretty gash) but he's not suggested a 60m price tag.

Fair comment. But, at times I sense that his colleagues are reluctant to give him the balL. Am I imagining that?
Olise to Bayern Munich on 08:10 - Jul 8 with 1933 viewsstevec

Olise to Bayern Munich on 08:01 - Jul 8 by kernowhoop

Fair comment. But, at times I sense that his colleagues are reluctant to give him the balL. Am I imagining that?

I think it’s because he hasn’t been showing for it.

So many quality players going forward yet a real lack of movement from pretty much all of them.
Olise to Bayern Munich on 08:18 - Jul 8 with 1925 viewsKensal_Ranger

Agree Kernow, I 'sensed' hesitation in a few of his team mates to pass to him.
Are we just being slightly over-protective of our lad though; shouldn't Eze have tried to impose himself more in those first couple of games?
Login to get fewer ads

Olise to Bayern Munich on 08:19 - Jul 8 with 1915 viewsBluce_Ree

Olise to Bayern Munich on 22:34 - Jul 7 by VancouverHoop

Hardly anyone in the England team has pulled up any trees though. He's been no better, or worse, than most of the squad. Unless that changes I don't think it'll affect his value one way or the other.

True, the standard has been low but that should just make him shine. Look at Saka in the first half in that last game. He was terrorising his defender. Eze needs to be doing that.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Olise to Bayern Munich on 08:20 - Jul 8 with 1921 viewsWatford_Ranger

Don’t think clubs put any emphasis on a player having a good tournament these days anyway like they used to. His form for Palace will be far more significant. The biggest blocker to a big club spending £60m is where they’d fit him into their system whereas Olise is the sort of player every team has a place for. Spurs are probably our best bet.
Olise to Bayern Munich on 08:24 - Jul 8 with 1910 viewssilverbirch

Olise to Bayern Munich on 08:19 - Jul 8 by Bluce_Ree

True, the standard has been low but that should just make him shine. Look at Saka in the first half in that last game. He was terrorising his defender. Eze needs to be doing that.

Easier for Saka though when he’s starting. Coming on later, the stakes are higher and everyone is playing nervously.
Olise to Bayern Munich on 08:35 - Jul 8 with 1881 viewsHAYESBOY

Playing him at left wing back doesn't help.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Olise to Bayern Munich on 08:41 - Jul 8 with 1852 viewsBurnleyhoop

All the players look to be playing with fear, like the pressure is suffocating them and they are scared to death of making a mistake. Not surprising considering the grief they would get for literally years if an error resulted in our demise from the tournament.

A shame really, as we have enough quality to win games comfortably if we played with a level of freedom. Eze just needs to do what he does best, but being stuck in a wing back role really isn’t ideal for him as defending his the weakest part of his game.
Olise to Bayern Munich on 08:46 - Jul 8 with 1835 viewsnix

I thought that too. Especially Foden. Foden also took the ball off him when he was about to take a free-kick and also had a go at him when Ebs took a poor shot instead of passing, despite Foden doing similar himself on a number of occasions. I think he doesn't want him to succeed as he's basically the alternative on that left side, or one of them.

Ebs is too nice back, and was equally deferential to Zaha at Palace which held him back.

The worst times are when Ebs does a run and is in spacce and they ignore him and turn to the other side and then when there's nothing there pass to him in a static position when there's much less he can do to affect the game.
Olise to Bayern Munich on 09:43 - Jul 8 with 1728 viewseghamranger

Olise to Bayern Munich on 08:35 - Jul 8 by HAYESBOY

Playing him at left wing back doesn't help.

This.. and left back for some minutes beforehand.

You do want him to get the ball and run at the defenders, maybe he is playing cautious
Olise to Bayern Munich on 10:18 - Jul 8 with 1635 viewsWestonsuperR

Olise to Bayern Munich on 22:21 - Jul 7 by Bluce_Ree

Agreed. Unfortunately seems less likely to get 50M offers based on his performances, certainly looks a quality player but needs to do far more when given a chance for any team to be paying that sort of money.
Olise to Bayern Munich on 10:19 - Jul 8 with 1629 viewswombat

Olise to Bayern Munich on 09:43 - Jul 8 by eghamranger

You do want him to get the ball and run at the defenders, maybe he is playing cautious

he had a great chance on sat to go far post for a shot and decidee to go near with a poor effort , i think hes nervous as well as being starved of the ball , a better manager would get more out of him id say

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Olise to Bayern Munich on 10:48 - Jul 8 with 1567 viewsQPROslo

Olise to Bayern Munich on 09:43 - Jul 8 by eghamranger

Eze is being managed by Southgate. He's therefore being cautious playing out of position, doing what he's told to do, but pretty well in that framework I think. I'd play him instead of Foden who has done little in this tournament.
Olise to Bayern Munich on 11:05 - Jul 8 with 1517 viewsSuperhoop83

I love Eze but I don't think he's putting himself in the shop window by his performances so far. He's done ok in a team that has not played well, but if I didn't know how good he was, I'd probably be wondering what all the fuss is about.

That said, he still has a chance to do something at the tournament - just imagine him scoring against the Netherlands!!! - and maybe a big club was already planning to bid for him after the Euros.

Suffering since 1978.

Olise to Bayern Munich on 13:20 - Jul 8 with 1298 viewsTheChef

Olise to Bayern Munich on 11:05 - Jul 8 by Superhoop83

I love Eze but I don't think he's putting himself in the shop window by his performances so far. He's done ok in a team that has not played well, but if I didn't know how good he was, I'd probably be wondering what all the fuss is about.

That said, he still has a chance to do something at the tournament - just imagine him scoring against the Netherlands!!! - and maybe a big club was already planning to bid for him after the Euros.

Yeah I keep thinking maybe he'll come on and score the winner in the semi final, or who knows in the final score the goal that wins us the whole thing.

A man can dream

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Olise to Bayern Munich on 13:33 - Jul 8 with 1241 viewsAntti_Heinola

He's done really well, and several times showed that beautiful glide past one, two, three players. The problem is he's on to help an equaliser, then once we get it or are in front, he's deployed as a defender. Not his game, but the fact Southgate trusts him for that over a number of others speaks volumes.
Think people are over-analysing a fair amount based on not much time in a team where no one is playing particularly well.

Bare bones.

Olise to Bayern Munich on 13:41 - Jul 8 with 1200 viewsbosh67

Not easy to impress when you are forced to play left wingback. Funnily I think he's looked a little overwhelmed to be part of it all when he has come on, not that he has done anything wrong and he has had a few good glides to wind the clock down. His club form has been awesome but I suspect he will stay at Palace one more season because he is the main man there and I can see the manager there improving him even more this season. Shame for us but perhaps he'll be worth nearer 80-90 million in a year?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Olise to Bayern Munich on 13:42 - Jul 8 with 1196 viewsconnell10

Olise to Bayern Munich on 13:33 - Jul 8 by Antti_Heinola

He's done really well, and several times showed that beautiful glide past one, two, three players. The problem is he's on to help an equaliser, then once we get it or are in front, he's deployed as a defender. Not his game, but the fact Southgate trusts him for that over a number of others speaks volumes.
Think people are over-analysing a fair amount based on not much time in a team where no one is playing particularly well.

Eze is quality , I have faith in him totally.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Olise to Bayern Munich on 13:51 - Jul 8 with 1180 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Olise to Bayern Munich on 13:33 - Jul 8 by Antti_Heinola

Good post here Antti it looks like Southgate has realized that Eze can bring something to the table to get England level and go ahead and win it so he is putting him on.
Of course having him defending is a recipe for disaster if he gets caught out and he will because his brain is wired to attack not run back to his own goaline and clear balls.
He is playing with a lot of pressure and stress thats why he snatched at that shot instead of ripping it low into the opposite corner against Switerzland .
All the commentators I have heard say Eze is a difference maker when he comes on so his repatation is known already .Its a shame he did not start one of the 3 group games that would have really helped him IMO.
He can still be a hero though
Olise to Bayern Munich on 20:50 - Jul 8 with 859 viewsbaz_qpr

He was a slow starter at Palace as well, it's clearly a self belief / imposter syndrome thing, and you can see when the team celebrate that there are some real cliques in that set up too.

Personally I dont get the Foden hype and he and Bellingham are getting in each others way, and he's barely created a chance the whole tournament which is kind of the job of a 10
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024