Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Gerry Marsden.. 17:49 - Jan 3 with 1376 viewsdale1968

Sadly passed away aged 78..
Always gives me goosebumps when Anfield sings You'll Never Walk Alone..
RIP

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

RIP Gerry Marsden.. on 17:55 - Jan 3 with 1351 viewsD_Alien

Very much part of the Mersey soundtrack of the 60s, but a couple of his classics will survive much longer

Wonder if his ashes will be scattered in the Mersey, from the ferry?

RIP

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

RIP Gerry Marsden.. on 18:56 - Jan 3 with 1272 viewssampadale

Last saw him - them - live at Fagins sometime in the 70s or early 80s. Still had it then and for years afterwards.
We dug out half a dozen ancient singles and had a wake for him.RIP.
RIP Gerry Marsden.. on 21:22 - Jan 3 with 1170 viewsblackdogblue

The only song I ever did on Kareoke hissed in my younger years on a holiday in Malta. RIP fella

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

RIP Gerry Marsden.. on 23:18 - Jan 3 with 1124 viewsDiddyDave

Think he had a brother Les(?) in the band and think he married a lass off Belfield. Anybody else recall anything about that? This would all be back in the Sixties.
RIP Gerry Marsden.. on 01:09 - Jan 4 with 1087 viewspioneer

RIP Gerry Marsden.. on 23:18 - Jan 3 by DiddyDave

Think he had a brother Les(?) in the band and think he married a lass off Belfield. Anybody else recall anything about that? This would all be back in the Sixties.

Les Chadwick and Les McGuire were in the band as was his brother Freddie Marsden.

McGuire now walking alone I suppose you could say.

Dont know about the Belfield links.
RIP Gerry Marsden.. on 04:33 - Jan 4 with 1073 viewsDiddyDave

Gerry and the Pacemakers,The Rocking Berries and Searchers were still coming out to Australia up to ten years ago,albeit with other members of their various bands,but Gerry was still with his one. Great memories of some great times (and matches) in the Sixties. Young and silly (now I`m old and silly). Didn`t give a flying f*ck,down town every Friday,Saturday nights,off to Burnley Locarno,darts/cards,snooker Monday,darts Thursday,football Saturday arvo,Tuesday and Wednesday nights,Hornets on Sundays and all on 23 quid a week. Wonderful!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024