Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on GMR 19:12 - Feb 21 with 13205 viewsBobbyjoe

Can't argue with anything he said, but it's hardly selling the spectacle to the uncommitted. It's the only opportunity to reach the general public. Why not enthuse about the young kids, accentuate the positive; give the impression that there's something exciting happening that people might want to turn up and watch.
Hill on GMR on 18:32 - Feb 22 with 2455 viewsJimmyRustler

Hill on GMR on 23:48 - Feb 21 by D_Alien

Just one comment that KH made that hasn't yet been picked up on - about having experienced players whose heads have gone.

Does he mean Hendo? Can't for the life of me think who else it might be? And before the end of February?

It's just more of KH's mind games. The experienced players who may perceive it to be about them will either a) want to prove him wrong or b) fold like a deck of cards and will therefore show the gaffer that they're not worth keeping on at the end of the season. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though; we all know that KH likes to talk in riddles and is the ultimate mind fooker.
Hill on GMR on 18:44 - Feb 22 with 2407 viewsD_Alien

Hill on GMR on 18:32 - Feb 22 by JimmyRustler

It's just more of KH's mind games. The experienced players who may perceive it to be about them will either a) want to prove him wrong or b) fold like a deck of cards and will therefore show the gaffer that they're not worth keeping on at the end of the season. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though; we all know that KH likes to talk in riddles and is the ultimate mind fooker.

That's a decent theory JR, except he could just as easily apply it to himself.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill on GMR on 19:28 - Feb 22 with 2326 viewsColDale

Hill on GMR on 15:04 - Feb 22 by D_Alien

I agree, and I stayed to clap him and the others who came over.

So what or who the hell was Hilly referring to in his comments then?

If I went into work and said in a public meeting "some of the experienced staff here have run out of steam mentally" I don't think it'd just be ignored.

I'm not trying to rake over coals, but such things shouldn't be broadcast, it's unprofessional.

[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 15:05]

Eastham was dropped after an extended run in the team. Perhaps Hilly had suggested that Eastham's time in the team was no longer a given and Lancashire was given the chance. Injury prevailed, and Eastham comes on to fully answer Hilly's question with a fantastic performance.

He's done bloody well has Eastham this season. Didn't rate him at all last year, so didn't think he'd stand a chance in League One.
Hill on GMR on 20:05 - Feb 22 with 2259 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill on GMR on 19:28 - Feb 22 by ColDale

Eastham was dropped after an extended run in the team. Perhaps Hilly had suggested that Eastham's time in the team was no longer a given and Lancashire was given the chance. Injury prevailed, and Eastham comes on to fully answer Hilly's question with a fantastic performance.

He's done bloody well has Eastham this season. Didn't rate him at all last year, so didn't think he'd stand a chance in League One.

Agree.Eastham could be in the running for our player of the season, that's how good he's been.
Hill on GMR on 20:09 - Feb 22 with 2248 views442Dale

Hill on GMR on 20:05 - Feb 22 by TalkingSutty

Agree.Eastham could be in the running for our player of the season, that's how good he's been.

That's a good shout. So far it's between him, Dawson and maybe Vincenti if we're discounting Done.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on GMR on 21:59 - Feb 22 with 2151 viewsD_Alien

Hill on GMR on 20:09 - Feb 22 by 442Dale

That's a good shout. So far it's between him, Dawson and maybe Vincenti if we're discounting Done.

"Discounting" Done? Some would claim we have, but I wouldn't!

Good shout on Eastham by Col.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill on GMR on 11:53 - Feb 23 with 1994 viewsmacro

Hill on GMR on 19:28 - Feb 22 by ColDale

It's almost as if eastham and Lancashire have had personality transplants in pre season. All easthams shortcomings last season have transferred with lancashires strengths coming in exchange.
Hill on GMR on 12:05 - Feb 23 with 1975 viewsaleanddale

Eastham / O Connell has to be our current number one centre half pairing.

get Bennett fit and in front of those two in that protection role and we are onto something!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024