Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did my eyes deceive me? 19:56 - Jan 12 with 22618 viewsSuffolkHoop

Or did I see a Rangers fans with no shoes on waking on Portman Road yesterday? WTF
Did my eyes deceive me? on 18:44 - Jan 13 with 3061 viewssaxbend

Did my eyes deceive me? on 18:18 - Jan 13 by PunteR

If your theory is correct,then when does it stop. My pants are quite restrictive.

You could always get looser ones. I doubt very much you'd be comfortable with your bollocks out year round. They don't come into contact with the ground so wouldn't really benefit from the boost to circulation that your feet get in winter. Plus your bollocks aren't crucial elements in the way you walk.
Did my eyes deceive me? on 19:56 - Jan 13 with 2999 viewsPunteR

Did my eyes deceive me? on 18:44 - Jan 13 by saxbend

You could always get looser ones. I doubt very much you'd be comfortable with your bollocks out year round. They don't come into contact with the ground so wouldn't really benefit from the boost to circulation that your feet get in winter. Plus your bollocks aren't crucial elements in the way you walk.

Who says they don't come into contact with the ground?!(I got short legs)
I need to get them out more,give them a bit if fresh air. I wouldn't do it in winter though,that's just madness!
Fair play to you Jonny no shoes,each to there own.QPR and the world needs a few eccentric characters.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Did my eyes deceive me? on 20:39 - Jan 13 with 2967 viewskensalriser

Did my eyes deceive me? on 17:04 - Jan 13 by makaveli1882

I'm not trying to be a bully or ignorant but I would be extremely annoyed if some little Herbert sat next to me on the train with his pissy smelly feet on the way to a Rangers game or even worse in the ground.

what are you going to do when you have to get a real job?
are you allowed on planes walking on and off bare footed?
what about when you get married would you walk into a church with no shoes on?
do you get in bars clubs etc with no shoes on?

Also don't you get worried going to away games where home fans might pick you off cause they think your a wrongun?

sorry I just don't get it? .............at least your getting the attention you obviously crave

Have to say I don't get why you're so aggressive and hostile to someone just because they don't like wearing shoes!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Did my eyes deceive me? on 21:10 - Jan 13 with 2916 viewsFredManRave

You must have been well pleased we didn't sign Zapata.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Did my eyes deceive me? on 21:15 - Jan 13 with 2903 viewssaxbend

Did my eyes deceive me? on 21:10 - Jan 13 by FredManRave

You must have been well pleased we didn't sign Zapata.

Haha. The thought did occur. :)
Did my eyes deceive me? on 22:00 - Jan 13 with 2826 viewsPeterHucker

If the geezer wants to go round with no shoes on, then fair enough, it's his choice, good luck to the bloke. I've got no problem with that.
But if he's going to make a 6 minute video of him going to Ipswich for an away match, can't he make it a bit more interesting?
If you like videos of bare feet walking along on various different surfaces, Oyster cards being swiped, train tickets coming out of machines and announcements about disruptions on the Piccadilly line all accompanied by some cheesy sax playing over some lift muzak, then you've come to the right place.
Isn't the internet marvellous?
Did my eyes deceive me? on 22:13 - Jan 13 with 2808 viewsmichael67

Did my eyes deceive me? on 22:00 - Jan 13 by PeterHucker

If the geezer wants to go round with no shoes on, then fair enough, it's his choice, good luck to the bloke. I've got no problem with that.
But if he's going to make a 6 minute video of him going to Ipswich for an away match, can't he make it a bit more interesting?
If you like videos of bare feet walking along on various different surfaces, Oyster cards being swiped, train tickets coming out of machines and announcements about disruptions on the Piccadilly line all accompanied by some cheesy sax playing over some lift muzak, then you've come to the right place.
Isn't the internet marvellous?

I don't know if you have read the full thread, but the 'cheesy sax playing over some lift muzak' is his own work. I'm sure jonny no-shoes will be pleased.

I wonder if he will get the chant jonny, jonny jonny jonny jonny jonny jonny no-shoes as he walks down the uxbridge road?

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Did my eyes deceive me? on 22:40 - Jan 13 with 2770 viewsPeterHucker

Yes I did read the whole thread and yes I know that the music is his.
It's still rubbish.
The bloke can clearly play. But like a lot of sax players, it's just playing notes for the sake of playing notes.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2014 22:42]
Login to get fewer ads

Did my eyes deceive me? on 09:27 - Jan 14 with 2635 viewsBlackCrowe

I love this board.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Did my eyes deceive me? on 09:31 - Jan 14 with 2627 viewssimmo

Did my eyes deceive me? on 18:11 - Jan 13 by saxbend

I read that West Brom piece that mentioned it. Had a good chuckle. Is Johnny No Shoes a reference to something/someone else or was it an entirely new name invented by someone on here?

It might have been me, who's to say. There was drink involved.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Did my eyes deceive me? on 10:24 - Jan 14 with 2590 viewsbob566

I've no qualms with sex#'s lack of shoe wearing. Fair play to him. Each to their own.

But the obvious must be said. What happens when you stand on a lump of s!!t?

That must be naff. Also aren't you worried of standing on a syringe?

The amount of dirtbirds you see empting their noses and shooting green flems onto the pavement.

Is it really worth it? Do the pros outweight the cons?

Also what about bus queues and packed tube platforms?

surely your tootsies are constantly getting trampled on.
Did my eyes deceive me? on 10:52 - Jan 14 with 2565 viewsTacticalR

Anyone remember Sandie Shaw?

Air hostess clique

Did my eyes deceive me? on 11:02 - Jan 14 with 2549 viewsJonDoeman

Could be worse!

It Is What It Is !!

Did my eyes deceive me? on 11:34 - Jan 14 with 2522 viewsSuffolkHoop

Did my eyes deceive me? on 10:24 - Jan 14 by bob566

I've no qualms with sex#'s lack of shoe wearing. Fair play to him. Each to their own.

But the obvious must be said. What happens when you stand on a lump of s!!t?

That must be naff. Also aren't you worried of standing on a syringe?

The amount of dirtbirds you see empting their noses and shooting green flems onto the pavement.

Is it really worth it? Do the pros outweight the cons?

Also what about bus queues and packed tube platforms?

surely your tootsies are constantly getting trampled on.

Not to mention the area around the stadium, particularly Portman Road itself is famous for being Ipswich's red light district. You really don't know what you're going to be stepping on.
Did my eyes deceive me? on 11:51 - Jan 14 with 2503 viewsJAPRANGERS

Did my eyes deceive me? on 11:02 - Jan 14 by JonDoeman

Could be worse!

Just gotta be Holloway in the middle init??
Did my eyes deceive me? on 11:53 - Jan 14 with 2499 viewsJAPRANGERS

Well I say all the best to Saxbend. Takes guts to be different and do your own thing. Hope his feet bring us promotion this year!
Did my eyes deceive me? on 12:27 - Jan 14 with 2475 viewstoemasher

Glad the tractor boys don't do it, that might confuse your counting.
Did my eyes deceive me? on 12:40 - Jan 14 with 2469 viewsizlingtonhoop

Did my eyes deceive me? on 17:06 - Jan 13 by loftboy

Definitely agree About the train bit. Would put me off my sarnies.

This doesn't seem logical on two counts.
1. We all put up with the sight of people's feet on the train in sandals, admittedly quite often disgusting, but we put up with/ignore it.

2. barefoot or not we all stand and step in piss or worse. Just because someone's feet are bare they're not worse thatn the shoes of the person the sitting other side of you. AS Saxbend has pointed out, probably cleaner, as he is more careful.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2014 12:44]
Did my eyes deceive me? on 12:44 - Jan 14 with 2456 viewsloftboy

Did my eyes deceive me? on 12:40 - Jan 14 by izlingtonhoop

This doesn't seem logical on two counts.
1. We all put up with the sight of people's feet on the train in sandals, admittedly quite often disgusting, but we put up with/ignore it.

2. barefoot or not we all stand and step in piss or worse. Just because someone's feet are bare they're not worse thatn the shoes of the person the sitting other side of you. AS Saxbend has pointed out, probably cleaner, as he is more careful.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2014 12:44]

But I hate feet full stop, I hate birds that wear sandals and blokes that wear flip flops out and not on a beech want shooting, I couldn't do Marshall arts as a kid in case someone's foot touched me.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Did my eyes deceive me? on 12:51 - Jan 14 with 2446 viewsizlingtonhoop

Did my eyes deceive me? on 12:44 - Jan 14 by loftboy

But I hate feet full stop, I hate birds that wear sandals and blokes that wear flip flops out and not on a beech want shooting, I couldn't do Marshall arts as a kid in case someone's foot touched me.

Fairnuff den.

Often surprises me in the summer how many aparently gorgeous women have one deformed (Tiny or massive or cow-shaped, or amphibious landing craft shaped) toenail.

Flip flops in town! Don't start me... To these fellas, go to the beach, this is Essex Road, go to the beach if you want to feel like the beach, go to the beach, this is not the beach...!

Whereas barefoot, to me, just seems honest, as nature intended.

I have a mate from Brisbane who told me he's quite used to being barefoot, and that they actually made it illegal to go to school barefoot - so many kids were doing it and the Man just didn't like it - helfansafety, and all that...
Did my eyes deceive me? on 12:55 - Jan 14 with 2436 viewsBlackCrowe

Did my eyes deceive me? on 12:44 - Jan 14 by loftboy

jesus Loftboy.

This thread just keeps on giving.

Did my eyes deceive me? on 13:11 - Jan 14 with 2426 viewsmakaveli1882

Did my eyes deceive me? on 12:51 - Jan 14 by izlingtonhoop

Fairnuff den.

Often surprises me in the summer how many aparently gorgeous women have one deformed (Tiny or massive or cow-shaped, or amphibious landing craft shaped) toenail.

Flip flops in town! Don't start me... To these fellas, go to the beach, this is Essex Road, go to the beach if you want to feel like the beach, go to the beach, this is not the beach...!

Whereas barefoot, to me, just seems honest, as nature intended.

I have a mate from Brisbane who told me he's quite used to being barefoot, and that they actually made it illegal to go to school barefoot - so many kids were doing it and the Man just didn't like it - helfansafety, and all that...

so many kids were doing it and the Man just didn't like it - helfansafety, and all that..

Jeez I didn't even think of that, so if this barefooted weirdo steps on a 6 inch nail and it goes right through his foot, who pays for the NHS treatment and time of work (though I don't think he has one) we do right ??? ....... and before someone says it wearing shoes would cause less damage than barefooted

Hear are some things you can pick up from walking barefooted
Many podiatrists believe that the number one issue with not wearing shoes is the lack of support offered to the foot and any damage that can occur as a result.
Family physicians and pediatricians are more concerned with the possibility of picking up bacteria, fungal infections and viruses as a result of going barefoot.
Possibilities include plantar warts, a viral infection that can often be found on dirty surfaces, or athlete’s foot, a fungal infection that is commonly found in locker rooms and other wet surfaces.
Another concern is the possibility of stepping on a piece of glass or a rusty nail that can lead to a tetanus infection.
Also of concern is the possibility of contracting hookworm. Hookworm is a parasite that is found in animal feces. It enters the skin by burrowing under the surface when it comes into contact with the feet. Children can step on hookworm on the sandbox, dirt or grass.
Did my eyes deceive me? on 13:53 - Jan 14 with 2395 viewsBlackCrowe

Did my eyes deceive me? on 13:11 - Jan 14 by makaveli1882

so many kids were doing it and the Man just didn't like it - helfansafety, and all that..

Jeez I didn't even think of that, so if this barefooted weirdo steps on a 6 inch nail and it goes right through his foot, who pays for the NHS treatment and time of work (though I don't think he has one) we do right ??? ....... and before someone says it wearing shoes would cause less damage than barefooted

Many podiatrists believe that the number one issue with not wearing shoes is the lack of support offered to the foot and any damage that can occur as a result.
Family physicians and pediatricians are more concerned with the possibility of picking up bacteria, fungal infections and viruses as a result of going barefoot.
Possibilities include plantar warts, a viral infection that can often be found on dirty surfaces, or athlete’s foot, a fungal infection that is commonly found in locker rooms and other wet surfaces.
Another concern is the possibility of stepping on a piece of glass or a rusty nail that can lead to a tetanus infection.
Also of concern is the possibility of contracting hookworm. Hookworm is a parasite that is found in animal feces. It enters the skin by burrowing under the surface when it comes into contact with the feet. Children can step on hookworm on the sandbox, dirt or grass.

But fine other than that?

Did my eyes deceive me? on 14:01 - Jan 14 with 2387 viewssaxbend

Did my eyes deceive me? on 13:11 - Jan 14 by makaveli1882

OK suppose I step on a 6 inch nail and it goes right through my foot. What has to have happened first?

This 6 inch nail is presumably pointing up right in order to go through right my foot when I step on it, that takes some pretty unusual circumstances. It also makes it very visible.

Presumably it's been there a while and I won't have been the first person to walk that way. So how come everyone else managed to avoid it, while I, the person most conscious of the ground in front of me didn't? It's more likely that not everyone else managed to avoid it, and stamping right down onto a 6 inch nail isn't much safer if you've got shoes on. And if it does penetrate, you don't just get the nail in your foot, you get the broken bits of shoe and all the dirt injected straight into your body. That's far more work for the NHS is to sort out than a single nail straight into the foot.

Also if I did feel it cutting me I would not continue pushing my foot against it. I will react far quicker than someone wearing a shoe who'll probably be at peak speed and force in his/her footstep by the time they notice they're impaling themself on a nail, so yes I'd cut myself, but for it to go right through my foot I'd have to be not only very careless but also seeking out serious pain and damage to the point of overriding my instinct to stop.

And no, your stating that "wearing shoes would cause less damage" doesn't make that true.

So given that I'm not going to follow through on the nail, and given that I know what to do when I do get a cut - i.e. stop the bleeding (use a plaster if necessary), then make sure it's washed thoroughly and sealed first chance I get (home at the end of the day is more than soon enough to prevent an infection, especially if you use savlon or some other antiseptic cream), the NHS is free to deal with smokers and people who got into stupid fights because they were more lightweight than they dared admit to themselves.

Moving on.

Who are these many podiatrists you've been talking to? Because I can give you a list of names, with one of whom I'm in regular contact, who not only dismiss this unimformed bollocks out of hand (it's all based on assumptions from people who don't go barefoot but try to map shod thinking onto it assuming that you do everything the same without shoes as with, which is of course nonsense), but spend as much time barefoot as I do.

The lack of support is only a problem when your feet are used to a support. It's entirely analogous to stabilisers on a bike. Whether you think you need them, or you think you don't, you're right. Feet get weak from getting accustomed to the support of shoes. Not wearing shoes gives them a chance to strengthen up again. I'm not a podiatrist so I couldn't say if there's such a thing as it being too late for some people, but I CAN say that for a lot of people it isn't too late yet, depending on age and physical condition. But of course you have to want to go barefoot enough for it to matter, and since you don't I wouldn't worry about it. But please don't tell me you know more about it than I do. I've been out both with shoes on and without. You haven't.

Bacteria, fungi and viruses I think I may have already mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, but it's important so I'll say it here rather than check whether or not I have. No harm in repeating it:

For any of these microbes to take hold on your foot they need enough time in contact with you, and particularly on a weak spot to get started. The ideal conditions for that would be inside shoes. Your feet are much softer in shoes. Not just because they haven't toughened up from use, but also because the sweat and moisture is contained, keeping the skin much softer than it would normally be. Also the whole of the foot is exposed in this way, not just the tougher parts that tough the ground. Shoes provide a warm moist environment that microbes love, and once they're in there, they stay there. And no, regularly putting on clean socks does not provide a significant barrier.

If you're barefoot not only do you have tougher healthier skin, and not only are your feet usually dry with good air circulation, but with every step you brush off whatever's on your feet and replace it with different dirt (or different water if it's raining). I don't catch a cold from going barefoot in the rain because it's different water with every step, any viruses I might pick up from one step get washed away with the next before I can do anything - quite different from staying in the rain in wet socks and shoes which hold things in. And the same applies to fungus and bacteria cells that are found in the dirt. Every step dusts it off.

Much more importantly though the fact that my feet still remain dirty at the end of the day is a significant reminder to me to wash them far more frequently than anyone would wash a pair of outdoor shoes, and even when they do wash their shoes they tend to wash only the outside.

So these microbes really don't stay long enough on my feet to get to work on them, and the skin on my feet is in a good enough condition to keep them out anyway.

Now you might point out that if you were shoes all of the time, then these things aren't going to get anywhere near you anyway. But they still could. A bit of dirt could find its way into your shoes. You could pick it up with your sock from inside your own house and transfer it there and let it grow, as it would in a petri dish in a school biology lab.

Glass and rusty nails I've already covered. Hookworm is pretty much unheard of in the Western world, but as I said before common sense is enough to avoid most cuts, and to treat any you do incur well enough to render the possibility of bad infections negligible.

Now I'm going to embarrass you a bit. I recognise this text. I've seen it before. It probably wouldn't take me long to find it and work out where you copied and pasted it from. Shame on you for not citing your source. You didn't even change it so it wasn't in American English.

This is trolling basically - finding something contrary and sticking it up there to see what would happen. So normally I wouldn't feed it. But for the purpose of dispelling this bollocks before anyone else sees it and goes away thinking it's sensible I've addressed it. However I don't think I need address any more posts from you. You're not playing fair. ;)
Did my eyes deceive me? on 14:04 - Jan 14 with 2380 viewsSuffolkHoop

So in summary I wasn't hallucinating. You do in fact go to all QPR games and through life with no shoes on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024