Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? 19:44 - Aug 8 with 5590 viewsQPRDave

Former QPR and Plymouth Argyle midfielder Akos Buzsaky has linked up with Ferencvaros in his homeland as he seeks to win a contract. The 31-year-old Hungary international is a free agent. Buzsaky had a knee surgery this winter and has been working hard on his rehabilitation.
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 19:49 - Aug 8 with 4696 viewsdolcelatte

Simple - he wasn't as good as Dave McIntyre thought he was...

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 19:55 - Aug 8 with 4649 viewsEalingRanger

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 19:49 - Aug 8 by dolcelatte

Simple - he wasn't as good as Dave McIntyre thought he was...

Wasn't there a rather laughable point where Dave (who I usually agree with to be honest) claimed he was better than both Adel AND Faurlin?
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 19:55 - Aug 8 with 4648 viewsQPRDave

But he showed at Plymouth and early on with us especially he had enough to make a decent living at championship level didn't he?
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 20:01 - Aug 8 with 4607 viewsRangersw12

The only manager to play him in his natural position was De Canio
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 20:09 - Aug 8 with 4561 viewsaston_hoop

I can't imagine him having a knee injury that required surgery has helped him in his quest to be back at his best!! Always convinced he totally meant this one...

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 20:11 - Aug 8 with 4544 viewsjamois

He was done by the injury he had when with us. Never the same after. Lost pace and time on the ball. And confidence. All said and done though he was never a Premier League player, but certainly a good championship one.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 20:47 - Aug 8 with 4349 viewsconnell10

buz was a very good player!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 21:38 - Aug 8 with 4164 viewsAntti_Heinola

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 20:11 - Aug 8 by jamois

He was done by the injury he had when with us. Never the same after. Lost pace and time on the ball. And confidence. All said and done though he was never a Premier League player, but certainly a good championship one.

I think had we got to the prem in his pomp, before the injury, he would have been good enough. Excellent player. Possibly the best clean striker of a ball I've seen at Rangers in many years (apart from Everton at home last season!)

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 21:42 - Aug 8 with 4138 viewsNorthernr

Excellent player who got two very bad injuries back to back and was never quite the same again. PLus the usual QPR thing about shoehorning any sort of creative midfield player into a winger role.
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 21:50 - Aug 8 with 4093 viewsRblockPrior

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 21:42 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Excellent player who got two very bad injuries back to back and was never quite the same again. PLus the usual QPR thing about shoehorning any sort of creative midfield player into a winger role.

Think he will always be a favourite with the QPR faithful

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 21:51 - Aug 8 with 4088 viewsRed_Ranger

White Pele! Always makes me smile. Good luck to him.
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 21:52 - Aug 8 with 4075 viewsShackletonR

Loved watching him, Loved his chant and my misses loved him (not quite sure about that one thou).

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 22:03 - Aug 8 with 4034 viewsRedbourneR

I thought that song was embarrassing when he played under Hughes, he was past it by then. Despite that goal that made Hansen sit up he was a shadow of his former self.
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 22:28 - Aug 8 with 3944 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

One of the best players I've ever seen for us and some great memories of great games, there'll always be a place for Akos in the old favourites list.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2013 22:35]
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 22:32 - Aug 8 with 3931 viewsDave_Mc

Always makes me laugh when the Buzsaky thing gets brought up.

I stand by my comment, which was that of all the players Rangers signed he was the one most equipped for the Premier League. In fact I think I said he was not only Prem class but top-half Prem class.

Many find that laughable. Fine. That was my view both when he wasn't even a regular starter at Plymouth, and when he was the blue-eyed boy at QPR.

The fact is the guy suffered back-to-back career-changing injuries. A shame, and means he sadly joined the list of players who were apparently never really that good anyway - where he's in very good company.
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 22:33 - Aug 8 with 3927 viewsNeil_SI

It's a weird one.

Luigi De Canio showed us how to utilise Buzsaky properly and he was in glittering form during his initial loan spell with us before being made permanent.

But he was never quite the same after those injuries, which is a real shame, because he had so much potential and certainly had the ability and time on his side to have a real crack at the Premier League, and I think he would have fitted in pretty well there had he not got injured.

That's the one thing Adel Taarabt has been supreme with — for all the talk about him not being fit, you'll never really see any other player with so many hanging off his back during games, or kicking and fouling him, sometimes blatantly. He was always up and ready for more and very seldom missed any matches through injury. If he can keep fit and stay healthy then he always has a chance to fulfil all of his potential, something that Buzsaky's injuries robbed him of doing.

Buzsaky just needed to find a team where he could rebuild his fitness and form and play every week, in hindsight we should probably have sent him out on loan to a lower league club for a short period, or accepted that we'd have to see a drop in form for a little while as he found his feet again. I think the stop-start nature of his minutes on the pitch afterwards with us indadvertedly caused him more problems and contributed to him picking up more injuries.

The tell-tale sign was one good game, one bad game, then being dropped. And that process was repeated over and over again, when we needed to let him have some bad games. It's the same with Alejandro Faurlin, in some ways, I was relieved he was given a proper break in the end because he had too many games too soon (with too much pressure put on his performance), then barely any (and a quick double in succession like Buzsaky) before finally just having a bit of a break and training for a long period of time. Now I think he's ready, much in the same way that Andrew Johnson had been training for months because he couldn't play last season, and being reintroduced too soon can sometimes be detrimental, as is, being stop-start and bursts here and there.
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 22:36 - Aug 8 with 3902 viewsNeil_SI

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 22:32 - Aug 8 by Dave_Mc

Always makes me laugh when the Buzsaky thing gets brought up.

I stand by my comment, which was that of all the players Rangers signed he was the one most equipped for the Premier League. In fact I think I said he was not only Prem class but top-half Prem class.

Many find that laughable. Fine. That was my view both when he wasn't even a regular starter at Plymouth, and when he was the blue-eyed boy at QPR.

The fact is the guy suffered back-to-back career-changing injuries. A shame, and means he sadly joined the list of players who were apparently never really that good anyway - where he's in very good company.

You've got a good eye for a player Dave, if the club had any brains they'd use you as a scout.
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 22:38 - Aug 8 with 3893 viewsgobbles

Injuries took his best days away from us. That idiot Magilton scapegoating him when he was straight back from injury didn't help, as when the famed incident happened at Watford, which some saw strangely blamed Buzsaky for.
He was due to start the promotion season ahead of Derry but got injured and never got a proper look-in under Warnock after that.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2013 22:40]
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 22:44 - Aug 8 with 3868 viewsNeil_SI

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 22:38 - Aug 8 by gobbles

Injuries took his best days away from us. That idiot Magilton scapegoating him when he was straight back from injury didn't help, as when the famed incident happened at Watford, which some saw strangely blamed Buzsaky for.
He was due to start the promotion season ahead of Derry but got injured and never got a proper look-in under Warnock after that.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2013 22:40]

Hah, it's funny you should say that.

I still remember the match at Pride Park a few years back, and thinking that Magilton's style of play was really suited to Buzsaky and Taarabt. I thought the pair of them were terrific that day.

Even at 2-0 down in that match, I thought with those two, and the form that they were in, that there was a chance we'd turn it around and win, and so we did.

What a frighting duo to be up against for any team...
[Post edited 8 Aug 2013 22:45]
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 23:40 - Aug 8 with 3700 viewsjonno

Akos was a superbly gifted player but injuries did for him. He was comfortably good enough for the Premiership until he got those injuries. I can't recall seeing a player who could hit the ball so hard and cleanly as Akos could - I used to watch him in the warm up before games and he could really strike a ball hard - at times it was almost frightening. He also had excellent vision and passing ability and would have had a great career but for those injuries I think. Great shame.
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 00:35 - Aug 9 with 3606 viewsKiwi76

Think he was a worthy QPR #10 and just really unlucky with injuries and then all sorts of shenanigans with managers that we know and love at Rangers.
Thought he'd be older than 31 by now though and real shame - I'll send his details to our professional side and see if we can get him for the Phoenix to rub shoulders with Del Piero & Heskey in Aussie league.
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 01:49 - Aug 9 with 3557 viewsnewgolddream

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 22:28 - Aug 8 by Pablo_Hoopsta

One of the best players I've ever seen for us and some great memories of great games, there'll always be a place for Akos in the old favourites list.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2013 22:35]

Great fan of Akos. Was there when he scored aganst Swansea in EPL. Magnificent v Palace when we won 2-0 to stay up under Warnock.

[Post edited 9 Aug 2013 1:53]
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 03:15 - Aug 9 with 3517 viewsRType

My favourite Buz moment, can't remember who it was against, but he ran forward to recieve a throw-in and when the ball came trapped it between his, knees, did a strange kind of 180 degree hop round his bemused marker, and then smashed a volley from a ridiculous angle/distance that just went over.

Outrageous stuff, would have been goal of the season, and the best bit was you knew he meant as I noticed when he ran in to collect he had this cheeky grin on his face like he was about to try something.

Top man was Akos, shame he never truly fufilled his potential but will always be fondly remembered by me.
Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 07:11 - Aug 9 with 3385 viewsDWQPR

Di Canio showed how to use all the midfielders. I ave never seen a QPR team before or after in recent memory where the midfield were scoring the amount of goals they were, especially breaking in behind the defence. Loved watching Di Canio's side. If he had stayed they following season we would have gone up.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Akos Buzsacky what went wrong??? on 09:31 - Aug 9 with 3212 viewstoboboly

Fantastic player who had so many injuries he could never recover from them.

Definately agree that he was, at his peak, Premier League level.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024