Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Henry 22:24 - Jul 22 with 16067 viewseghamranger

Confirmed on sky sports news
Karl Henry on 05:38 - Jul 23 with 2013 viewsexiled_dictator

Apparently, he returned to Wolves after talks broke down and no agreement was reached between the two clubs.

So that will leave 55% of QPR fans happy, 55% of them annoyed that we still haven't signed anyone, and 32% of fans still not caring about the Royal Birth.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2013/07/22/karl-h

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Karl Henry on 06:26 - Jul 23 with 1975 viewsLblock

This would be a real signing of intent, it will send a message out that we mean business

FFS

I'm sure once Karl Anti-Footballer Henry signs there will be an agent disappearing over the hillside with another pair of TFs pants
Do a job at this level? Fark off! I could reel off a dozen players who would be far better and we could easily sign such as Liam Bridcutt, Gary ONeil, Hayden Mullins, Chris Dawson, Andy King, Lenny Henry or a Henry Hoover

And, no thanks, I won't wait until he's kicked a ball for the club. Shizen end of

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Karl Henry on 09:09 - Jul 23 with 1803 viewsSomersetHoops

I'm not a great fan of Karl Henry, but I hope people aren't making judgements based on Barton's opinion of him. We have seen what Barton does when he's stopped from playing how he wants and his comments about Henry are just an extension of that.

We need someone tough in the middle and with Derry coming towards the end of his career, I can see the sense in having someone like Henry to carry on that role. If you consider players like Alan MacDonald who were often in trouble for tough tackles and had a significant argument about it with another player ( Mark Hughes in Macca's case - which just endears him to us more) every good team needs someone to do that job.

I agree it doesn't add the creativity we need, but lets accept the creative player(s) I hope will come, need someone like Henry to protect them.

Who's Next?

Karl Henry on 09:26 - Jul 23 with 1773 viewstoboboly

Karl Henry on 06:26 - Jul 23 by Lblock

This would be a real signing of intent, it will send a message out that we mean business

FFS

I'm sure once Karl Anti-Footballer Henry signs there will be an agent disappearing over the hillside with another pair of TFs pants
Do a job at this level? Fark off! I could reel off a dozen players who would be far better and we could easily sign such as Liam Bridcutt, Gary ONeil, Hayden Mullins, Chris Dawson, Andy King, Lenny Henry or a Henry Hoover

And, no thanks, I won't wait until he's kicked a ball for the club. Shizen end of

Exactly. He didn't do a job at this level last year.

Terrible hoof ball player who can't even tackle. I really hope we don't get him, would rather Barton tbh. And as Mel says Barton (and the rest of the QPR team) tore him and Wolves apart that day.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Karl Henry on 09:29 - Jul 23 with 1763 viewsJonDoeman

‏@Joey7Barton 28m

Hide on the promenade Etch a postcard : "How I dearly wish I was not here"

It Is What It Is !!

Karl Henry on 09:34 - Jul 23 with 1738 viewsbillericaydicky

I'm surprised we haven't had a comment along the lines of...'I'd rather have Lenny Henry'.

I'm not overwhelmed with this signing, but lets give him a chance. Hopefully we'll make some signings soon that will get the juices flowing...

Karl Henry on 09:39 - Jul 23 with 1710 viewsTheBlob

Supposed to be having a medical today.
Well,to all those who wished for the golden land of the Championship - this is your reward.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Karl Henry on 09:55 - Jul 23 with 1670 viewsJonDoeman

Karl Henry on 09:39 - Jul 23 by TheBlob

Supposed to be having a medical today.
Well,to all those who wished for the golden land of the Championship - this is your reward.

WTF does that mean Blobby ? We had Derry playing for us in the prem!

The no nothings on here not liking it, makes me think it's a good signing!

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Karl Henry on 10:00 - Jul 23 with 1638 viewsTheBlob

Karl Henry on 09:55 - Jul 23 by JonDoeman

WTF does that mean Blobby ? We had Derry playing for us in the prem!

The no nothings on here not liking it, makes me think it's a good signing!

Oy.

You'll see.

Oh yes.

Karl Henry on 10:18 - Jul 23 with 1613 viewsTonto

if he does sign, lets boo him from the start and sing Joey Barton's name after 5 minutes of the Sheff weds game. That will help.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Karl Henry on 10:22 - Jul 23 with 1599 viewsozexile

Karl Henry on 10:18 - Jul 23 by Tonto

if he does sign, lets boo him from the start and sing Joey Barton's name after 5 minutes of the Sheff weds game. That will help.

This surely means mbia is gonna be played at centre back or we have a buyer for him. No young impressionable QPR supporter should witness a midfield of Mbia and Henry.
Karl Henry on 10:24 - Jul 23 with 1591 viewsNorthernr

The Wolves fan who helped write our match previews when we played them said the following......

" I think the general consensus is that wolves fans are pleased to see him go and are a little bit surprised that QPR want to sign him.

"He was one of the 4 transfer listed players that Wolves publicly announced and Jackett explicitly said that they were not in his plans for the season, were not given squad numbers and were made to train with the under 21s.

"He has been a very committed player for wolves, a wolves fan who was born and brought up in the area so a lot of fans felt strongly for him throughout his time at the club. However, in the last 2 years, he has been seen as a big part in our demise. He has lost his form and been dropped the odd time. Fans are mostly critical of his (limited) style of play: slow, sideways passes, no creativity and no possibility of goals.

"It all looks pretty glum so far! However, in a new club he might get his form back (he was good when we got promoted!) and his defensive midfield job is under-rated. We missed his leadership and stability when he was out of the team.

"Personally, I think it would have been good to keep him for league 1 because I think he would have done well but Jackett obviously sees him as past his best and a cause of friction amongst the squad."
Karl Henry on 10:28 - Jul 23 with 1566 viewsfakekerby

Karl Henry on 10:24 - Jul 23 by Northernr

The Wolves fan who helped write our match previews when we played them said the following......

" I think the general consensus is that wolves fans are pleased to see him go and are a little bit surprised that QPR want to sign him.

"He was one of the 4 transfer listed players that Wolves publicly announced and Jackett explicitly said that they were not in his plans for the season, were not given squad numbers and were made to train with the under 21s.

"He has been a very committed player for wolves, a wolves fan who was born and brought up in the area so a lot of fans felt strongly for him throughout his time at the club. However, in the last 2 years, he has been seen as a big part in our demise. He has lost his form and been dropped the odd time. Fans are mostly critical of his (limited) style of play: slow, sideways passes, no creativity and no possibility of goals.

"It all looks pretty glum so far! However, in a new club he might get his form back (he was good when we got promoted!) and his defensive midfield job is under-rated. We missed his leadership and stability when he was out of the team.

"Personally, I think it would have been good to keep him for league 1 because I think he would have done well but Jackett obviously sees him as past his best and a cause of friction amongst the squad."

If we can bring in Henry on c. 10k a week and it forces Joey to finally p1ss off on c.65k a week, it's probably worth it for that alone!
Karl Henry on 10:42 - Jul 23 with 1516 viewscjc

Simpson, Dunne and Henry.

Hmmmm all have question marks over them, wether with attitude, injuries or past their best.
Don't get it really, just don't get it!
Wish them well, but is it building for the future or yet again just taking a risk again with old pro's and players who have never set the world on fire when they were supposed to.
Short term team building and getting some strong characters in the dressing room then ok, but it highlights how bad things are, because i thought we had a few of them already!
I would have thought we need characters who can play on the pitch not in the dressing room.
Townsend for a start, we should be building a team around these type of lads. 5 million, 45k with decent promotion bonus. He has shown the exisitng squad , he is better than them, so they can't grumble or can they!!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Karl Henry on 10:48 - Jul 23 with 1488 viewsfakekerby

Karl Henry on 10:42 - Jul 23 by cjc

Simpson, Dunne and Henry.

Hmmmm all have question marks over them, wether with attitude, injuries or past their best.
Don't get it really, just don't get it!
Wish them well, but is it building for the future or yet again just taking a risk again with old pro's and players who have never set the world on fire when they were supposed to.
Short term team building and getting some strong characters in the dressing room then ok, but it highlights how bad things are, because i thought we had a few of them already!
I would have thought we need characters who can play on the pitch not in the dressing room.
Townsend for a start, we should be building a team around these type of lads. 5 million, 45k with decent promotion bonus. He has shown the exisitng squad , he is better than them, so they can't grumble or can they!!

Dunne would make a good captain, Simpson has good experience and is at a good age on a free, and Henry sounds like he's a committed player who will do anything to win, which is why most opposition fans hate him ala Derry.
Karl Henry on 10:50 - Jul 23 with 1431 viewsAntti_Heinola

Karl Henry on 22:38 - Jul 22 by daveB

depends who else we sign though Clive, I'm not a big fan of henry but he's a decent player at that level

No Dave, he isn't. He really, really isn't a decent player at this level. Not in any way. An appalling, pointless signing of a thug. I can't believe we've made this move, I really can't.

Bare bones.

Karl Henry on 10:51 - Jul 23 with 1424 viewsMetallica_Hoop

*Climbs on fence to await first few games but readies sniper rifle*

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Karl Henry on 10:55 - Jul 23 with 1404 viewsAntti_Heinola

Text from Wolves' mate:
'Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha'

Joke of a signing from a joke of a manager. Average age of the squad just keeps going up. Short termist cr@p - just like at every club he's been at. Levy could control him, Fernandes can't, sadly.

Bare bones.

Karl Henry on 10:57 - Jul 23 with 1395 viewscjc

Karl Henry on 10:48 - Jul 23 by fakekerby

Dunne would make a good captain, Simpson has good experience and is at a good age on a free, and Henry sounds like he's a committed player who will do anything to win, which is why most opposition fans hate him ala Derry.

Dunne is 33 and just coming back from a long term injury.

He may be a good captain but we need a captain who plays week in and week out.

Simpson may have experience but hasn't shined wherever he has been, and has past attitude question marks. Just because he is a free doesnt mean we should sign him.

Henry just went down with wolves, two seasons in a row and the fans don't rate him much anymore at a high level. I don't question his attitude but there is a reason he is training with the reserves.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Karl Henry on 10:59 - Jul 23 with 1379 viewsRangersw12

Karl Henry on 10:55 - Jul 23 by Antti_Heinola

Text from Wolves' mate:
'Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha'

Joke of a signing from a joke of a manager. Average age of the squad just keeps going up. Short termist cr@p - just like at every club he's been at. Levy could control him, Fernandes can't, sadly.

Agree 100%
Karl Henry on 11:05 - Jul 23 with 1355 viewsrosseeles

I work in brum alot and the feedback ive gotten from my collegues is that when he wasnt in the side they were worse than when he was. not sure if thats a positive, but still.

Im in two minds here, i'm not that fussed if we get Henry, or parker or whoever in CM as its totally the wrong position to be looking at, if we dont get any decent width it wont matter if we get any strikers because the ball wont get much further than 75% up the pitch, i guess we can expect lots of 0-0's
Karl Henry on 11:09 - Jul 23 with 1345 viewsmakaveli1882

I have to agree with Antti Heinola and son of Northolt

This is a ridiculous signing, he is a dirty sh!t footballer well he was 2 years ago when I last saw him play, Barton was right 100% in what he said which pains me to say cause he is another tosser

I can't fathom signing Karl Henry and selling Adel Taarabt, this season is going to boring and sh*t to watch, going back to turning up at ground at 3.10 and down in the blue n white bar by 38 minutes gone

w@nkers Rangers
Karl Henry on 11:23 - Jul 23 with 1322 viewsrsonist

I can understand after last season getting in some committed lads, maybe not the most talented but who will put a honest shift in, really I do. But Henry is the nuclear option and none shall survive.
Karl Henry on 11:25 - Jul 23 with 1313 viewsTheBlob

Karl Henry on 11:23 - Jul 23 by rsonist

I can understand after last season getting in some committed lads, maybe not the most talented but who will put a honest shift in, really I do. But Henry is the nuclear option and none shall survive.

It's beginning to look more like a survival squad now.

Karl Henry on 11:28 - Jul 23 with 1302 viewsrsonist

Yes it was pretty heroic the way he kept his boyhood club up last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024