Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Samba Money 11:14 - Jul 3 with 4632 viewsdubaistu

So you have a £15m summer transfer kitty, which 5 players would you go and get for that?

Samba Money on 11:26 - Jul 3 with 3578 viewsessextaxiboy

Carlton Cole to alternate with Zamora

Scott Parker to alternate with Jenas , Derry .

Brad Friedel to cover and put pressure on Green .

Richard Dunne to replace Samba

Townsend on loan
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Samba Money on 11:28 - Jul 3 with 3552 viewsKevinPR

Samba Money on 11:26 - Jul 3 by essextaxiboy

Carlton Cole to alternate with Zamora

Scott Parker to alternate with Jenas , Derry .

Brad Friedel to cover and put pressure on Green .

Richard Dunne to replace Samba

Townsend on loan

Thinking of the future then...
Samba Money on 11:30 - Jul 3 with 3539 viewsTHEBUSH

Can't see us having 15 million to spend, hopefully those days of spending above our means are gone.
Samba Money on 11:32 - Jul 3 with 3521 viewsBakes

Paddy Madden- Yeovil

Charlie Austin - Burnley

Liam Bridcutt - Brighton

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Samba Money on 11:34 - Jul 3 with 3509 viewsessextaxiboy

Samba Money on 11:28 - Jul 3 by KevinPR

Thinking of the future then...

50 odd games to play

As Kirsty and Phil would say Rotation , Rotation, Rotation
Samba Money on 11:36 - Jul 3 with 3487 viewsMedwayR

Harry Maguire - I haven't seen a lot of him but heard very good things about him, could be a good long term replacement for Hill & partner for Onouha

A left back - Ideally Martin Olsson from Blackburn but doubt we'd pull that one off

Townsend - If he's available at a sensible price it's a no-brainer really

Carlton Cole - Could be a good shout, on a free, 2 year deal, to compete with/cover for Zamora

A striker - Maybe a double swoop at Blackburn for Jordan Rhodes, struggling to think of a realistic signing though

Poll: Who’s better?

Samba Money on 11:39 - Jul 3 with 3474 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm actually drawing a complete mental blank!

It's tricky as i have no idea who is staying, who is going and what kind of shape/system we'll play.

I'd say priorities will could be:

A left back - no idea who (unless Suk is any good or Traore can stay fit).
A centre back - Harry Maguire
A centre mid - Adam Forshaw
A winger - Matty Phillips
A striker - Charlie Austin if we can afford him

Not all English by design, just the first players that came to mind.

Samba Money on 11:57 - Jul 3 with 3408 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I wouldn't buy anyone. Coach what we have, and we have plenty. Far too many, in fact.

The only place we may be understaffed is in attack, and that's only if injuries kick in. If they do we can easily deal with that on loan deals under Championship rules.

Far more important to keep getting rid of bad attitudes from the players we have. Coach and settle, coach and settle, maybe even decide upon a discernible style of play.

We could add one or two astute purchases in January if the team and the club are stable and looking like a good proposition for long-term progress.

Not that any of that will happen, of course.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Samba Money on 12:10 - Jul 3 with 3355 viewsDubaiR

1. Chabolohah (spelling) from Chelsea 4m and they can have buy back option.
2. C. Cole free
3. N. Redmond - 5m brum
4. R. Dunne free

Squad -
GK - green, murphy + YT
Def - onouha, Simpson, troure, hill, ehmer, Harriman, dunne, suk young,
Mid - jenas, Ali, chabolohah, Redmond, Derry, adel, ephriam, diakite, mackie, park
Str - cole, Zamora, Johnson, remy,
Samba Money on 12:14 - Jul 3 with 3339 viewsINFIRMARY

We don't need more players we just need the current ones too F@cking Perform !

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Samba Money on 12:15 - Jul 3 with 3326 viewsadhoc_qpr

Samba Money on 12:10 - Jul 3 by DubaiR

1. Chabolohah (spelling) from Chelsea 4m and they can have buy back option.
2. C. Cole free
3. N. Redmond - 5m brum
4. R. Dunne free

Squad -
GK - green, murphy + YT
Def - onouha, Simpson, troure, hill, ehmer, Harriman, dunne, suk young,
Mid - jenas, Ali, chabolohah, Redmond, Derry, adel, ephriam, diakite, mackie, park
Str - cole, Zamora, Johnson, remy,

I think Redmond's already gone and i can't imagine us getting any favours from Chelsea!

Cole is a decent shout, between Zamora, AJ and Cole we would have 3 strikers comfortable playing as a lone front man.
Samba Money on 12:17 - Jul 3 with 3311 viewsexiled_dictator

I like the idea of working with what we have got, and only if we really need to buy, then it should be considered. We should also look at the loan market as there are some very good players in Premiership squads who could do a very nice job for us without the purchase.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Samba Money on 12:20 - Jul 3 with 3295 viewsadhoc_qpr

Samba Money on 12:17 - Jul 3 by exiled_dictator

I like the idea of working with what we have got, and only if we really need to buy, then it should be considered. We should also look at the loan market as there are some very good players in Premiership squads who could do a very nice job for us without the purchase.

I had forgotten quite how many players we had in our squad until i watched the pre-season training video!

Someone like Andy Johnson could be like a new signing this season (or he could just break down injured again).

Hope we get players definitely leaving out the door sooner rather than later, so we know what the squad does or doesn't lack.
Samba Money on 12:23 - Jul 3 with 3285 viewsexiled_dictator

Samba Money on 12:20 - Jul 3 by adhoc_qpr

I had forgotten quite how many players we had in our squad until i watched the pre-season training video!

Someone like Andy Johnson could be like a new signing this season (or he could just break down injured again).

Hope we get players definitely leaving out the door sooner rather than later, so we know what the squad does or doesn't lack.

Yeah, we already have a lovely squad of players who seemed ever so happy to see each other again on the video.
So don't spoil the party with the likes of Barton or many new faces.
KISS, Harry.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Samba Money on 12:28 - Jul 3 with 3276 viewsBAWHoops

Paddy Madden or Nhaki Wells from Yeovil and Bradford. Both young and can be eased in slowly.
Carlton Cole on a free
Harry Maguire from Sheff Utd or Harley Dean from Brentford. Both leaders and both a good age at CB.
I'd move heaven and earth for Townsend.
Leaves us with a squad of

GK - Green, Murphy
FB - Simpson, Harriman, Yun, Traore
CB - Onouha, Hill, Ferdinand, Maguire, Ehmer
CM - Jenas, Faurlin, Derry, Park, Diakite
AM/W - SWP, Hoilett, Taarabt, Townsend
ST - Zamora, AJ, Remy, Wells

That's 25 players and has a decent blend of youth and experience.
Ideally I'd have like Forrester and the boy from Crewe, but they've moved to Doncaster and Leeds already

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Samba Money on 12:35 - Jul 3 with 3259 viewsTonto

we need to get rid of 5 more before we thing about buying even 1

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Samba Money on 12:51 - Jul 3 with 3213 viewssimmo

Buckley and Bridcutt would be good signings. Craig Dawson too perhaps. Bolasie is on the fringes at Palace although will prob want to stay now they are in the Prem.

As stated above though I think we have a lot already there if we can work with them well enough and get them going. Be good to spread that £15m over young talent or those making the step up, give us a chance to develop and integrate into the squad.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Samba Money on 12:55 - Jul 3 with 3188 viewsDoomed

Unfortunately the vast majority of this money will go into paying off players contracts so we can get rid of them. Barton wants £3m (daily Mail), just think how much it will cost to pay off the rest of the losers or as I like to call them "Overpaid Muppets".
Samba Money on 13:06 - Jul 3 with 3138 viewsTheBlob

Some lesser known talented Dutchmen that McClaren can pluck from the Eredvisie.
No,not Hertz Van Rental.......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Samba Money on 18:32 - Jul 3 with 2981 viewsLazyFan

Hi,
I think most of the squad should be coached but I do think in defence we have some problems.
In that if Hill gets injured or tired from too many games, that leaves Onouha and Ferdinand. No doubt Ferdi will get injured and then Onouha has to cover a at RB at some point and we have no experienced Centre Backs.

Which leads us to the FB's, if Simpson is a dud or injured Onouha then has to cover as Harriman is not there yet.

Therefore I say we need a CB and RB. With the CB being the priority to replace Samba which was the point of this thread. I would go for young and up and coming CB from the Champ at £5m. And then we should have enough.

If Remy is sold then we need a Striker of course.

zzzzzzzzzz

Samba Money on 19:32 - Jul 3 with 2902 viewsDylanP

We won't have anything like 15 million to spend.

The Samba money isn't real money, its just on paper. Samba went back where he came from and the financial side of the deal was cancelled. No real money passed hands (except for his salary).

Even if there were money around, we should be bringing in very few new players this summer. We have much too many players on the books already.

We need to be prudent, building, coaching, NOT buying.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Samba Money on 20:30 - Jul 3 with 2851 viewsderbyhoop

Another young CB, e.g. Maguire from Sheff U
1 striker. Preferably a balance to 2 31 year old crocks, who'll do well to get 40 games between them. That means someone young and promising, but I havn;t got any names.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Samba Money on 20:53 - Jul 3 with 2808 viewsvodkasupper

A new pair of pants for Tony, extra tight
Samba Money on 22:18 - Jul 3 with 2734 viewsSuffolk

1. Parker
2. Townsend
3. Huddlestone
4. Defoe
5. Maguire

Samba Money on 04:55 - Jul 4 with 2640 viewstimcocking

Huddlestone looks good to me, Defoe would surely score a hatful of goals, assuming Remy one way or another doesn't play that much.

So Samba cost 12.5 million pounds to come over and throw the Fulham game to make sure we definitely couldn't survive?

Cheers Chris.

Personally, if i arrived and made all these statements Clive touched upon about "all the money in the world doesn't compare to happiness" and fckued off 5 mins later, i wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror. Not a shred of integrity some of them (Joey).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024