Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS SWP 16:04 - May 29 with 4321 viewsDieByYourSide

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2013/05/29/wright-phillips-vows-to-s

''He's very happy at QPR'' - I bloody bet he is...

Poll: And it's hi ho

FFS SWP on 21:54 - May 29 with 626 viewsFredManRave

FFS SWP on 19:43 - May 29 by DylanP

How?

The guy can't pass, he can't cross, and he can't shoot straight. So how is he going to be any more effective in the Championship than he was in the Prem?

He is fast and he tries really hard. And after watching some of the prima donas in our midfield this year, I appreciate the effort. But in the final analysis, what we have seen of him over the last two years, he just isn't a very good player any more and he isn't going to suddenly get better and doing the basics just because the standard of the opposition goes down.

Agree with all of the above except for the comment that he is fact. I don't think he is these days, he's certainly lost a yard of pace over the last couple of years. Which menas that, imo he's even worse than the above appraisal of his "abilities". I wasn't happy when we signed him and he's done nothing in two years (except the obvious!) to make me change my mind.
It's interesting to read how so many back him because he shows commitment despite his footballing abilities. It's a shame that Mackie doesn't seem to get such backing from what I've read on here anyway.
However, as another poster said we absolutely have to get behind him, back him from the off and let's just hope and prey, to which every deity you believe in, that he comes good next season.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

FFS SWP on 01:45 - May 30 with 586 viewsQPR_Nippon

Next to that story there are links to two video clips.

One is titled "Redknapp delivers gloomy forecast at QPR".

The other? "Redknapp unhappy with negativity from fans"

Says it all!!
FFS SWP on 05:56 - May 30 with 566 viewstimcocking

"The guy can't pass, he can't cross, and he can't shoot straight. So how is he going to be any more effective in the Championship than he was in the Prem? "

Well hopefully because it's all down to confidence. If he has a good pre season, starts every match, bags a couple of early goals and does well, he'll look a completely different player. I know it's hard to imagine.

Bottom line is, you don't play 36 times for England without being able to pass, cross or shoot. Or hold on, maybe that's most of the team :-(
FFS SWP on 07:46 - May 30 with 543 viewsYorkRanger

FFS SWP on 21:05 - May 29 by bosh67

At least the lad will play hard when he comes back. At that level he should shine to be honest.

Agreed.
FFS SWP on 08:21 - May 30 with 531 viewsscot1963

FFS SWP on 19:43 - May 29 by DylanP

How?

The guy can't pass, he can't cross, and he can't shoot straight. So how is he going to be any more effective in the Championship than he was in the Prem?

He is fast and he tries really hard. And after watching some of the prima donas in our midfield this year, I appreciate the effort. But in the final analysis, what we have seen of him over the last two years, he just isn't a very good player any more and he isn't going to suddenly get better and doing the basics just because the standard of the opposition goes down.

Couldn't have put it better myself - an exact description of his skills prior to and during his time at QPR
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024