Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not exactly a band of brothers 21:39 - Apr 21 with 1855 viewsmygeneration

I think redknapp inherited a team that was already split into factions and lacking any sense of commitment to each other. I think you would have had as much chance to get this lot to have a group hug as you would get John Terry to stop being a d*ckhead.

I sit where it is possible to see how players interact with each other and it is rare to see any kind of rapport going on

I think Redknapp surprisingly failed to address the issue so far but it needs to be sorted out somehow
Not exactly a band of brothers on 22:21 - Apr 21 with 1802 viewsNeil_SI

The lack of communication has been very evident and incredibly eerie throughout the course of the season. Towards the back end of last season, you kind of felt that divide between the players and that there were clearly two or three camps.

The ones that came up from the Championship still had that relationship with the fans and were still talking together and fighting together. But that has waned a little this season, with the chatter just being in single isolated moments, and the kind, that you know a player decides he has to say something even if he knows nobody is really listening or taking it on board.

The lack of appeals for any decision for or against, whether right or wrong, has just been bizarre really.

I will never understand the thought process behind breaking up a settled dressing room and taking the huge risk we did, what with salaries and big name signings, to the loan contingent last season that created yet another group. A huge mess and it's not that easy to resolve either as the monetary situation makes it hard for us to sort out cleanly and to create a squad that has parity and equality in the ranks again.
Not exactly a band of brothers on 04:49 - Apr 22 with 1713 viewsqprmick

My local A League team all look out for each other and yesterday they won the Grand Final 2-0. The 8 years of the A League have seen the Central Coast Mariners in the Grand Final 4 times for 1 win. No big name players just young blokes with a bit of experience from one or 2 hard heads and a desire to work for each other. That esprit de corps counts for a lot. All acting as a unified body.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Qprmick

Not exactly a band of brothers on 09:20 - Apr 22 with 1612 viewstoboboly

Definately does, it's how we got out of the Championship.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024