Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So much better without Adel 19:38 - Mar 9 with 7159 viewsHayesender

Hate to say it cause he's been a joy to watch when on form, but we look a much better TEAM without him.

Are his days with us numbered?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

So much better without Adel on 19:40 - Mar 9 with 3021 viewsbosh67

No, apart from being injured that wasn't a game for Adel. There will be games that he's vital for between now and the end of the season. However the side was extremely well balanced today. Junior and Andros were a nightmare wide for the Sunderland defence.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So much better without Adel on 19:43 - Mar 9 with 2985 viewsbaz_qpr

So much better without Adel on 19:40 - Mar 9 by bosh67

No, apart from being injured that wasn't a game for Adel. There will be games that he's vital for between now and the end of the season. However the side was extremely well balanced today. Junior and Andros were a nightmare wide for the Sunderland defence.

That may be so but apart from the scuffed shot leading to Remy's goal neither had end product resulting in a chance for someone else, so lets not get carried away yet, yes there was balance, and pace in attack and this troubled the opposition defence, but both wingers have to work on their end product otherwise they are only as effective as SWP
So much better without Adel on 19:45 - Mar 9 with 2965 viewsQPRDave

i think we are better as a team without him too, its harsh/sad but that's the way it is. More players are getting involved in attacks and Hoilett looks something like the player Blackburn had last season
So much better without Adel on 19:57 - Mar 9 with 2892 viewsBlackCrowe

HR having a bit sideways dig Adel in the post match press-conference. Said that he had declared himself unfit to play. And then said that Zamora's attitude is first class, was desperate to play even though he injuries are worse than those who said they couldn't play.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

So much better without Adel on 19:57 - Mar 9 with 2890 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think if Adel had played today the result would have been much the same to be honest. The improvement is a lot down to Remy playing and us actually having a cutting edge up front with 2 up top rather than none or one. Plus obviously they were playing with more confidence today after finally getting a win under their belts.

Bare bones.

So much better without Adel on 19:59 - Mar 9 with 2872 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Perhaps but... I think because he kick started our season he's felt it's down to him to be the match winner. Add the promotion season to that.

Hopefully qpr can become a team not over-reliant on individuals. Use all players judiciously as part of a system, cover for injuries, critical substitutions etc. Adel can definitely be a part of that and an occasional match winner.

Don't forget the different roles he's played this year. Still learning and a work in progress

It's got to be Yarg

So much better without Adel on 19:59 - Mar 9 with 2863 viewsHollowayRanger

lets face it taarabt would have been fit if in starting 11

but told he's only on the bench he's suddenly injured

didnt know hizzy fits could be classed as injuries these days

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

So much better without Adel on 20:00 - Mar 9 with 2852 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

So much better without Adel on 19:59 - Mar 9 by HollowayRanger

lets face it taarabt would have been fit if in starting 11

but told he's only on the bench he's suddenly injured

didnt know hizzy fits could be classed as injuries these days

sauce?

It's got to be Yarg

Login to get fewer ads

So much better without Adel on 20:02 - Mar 9 with 2828 viewsQPRDave

So much better without Adel on 19:57 - Mar 9 by Antti_Heinola

I think if Adel had played today the result would have been much the same to be honest. The improvement is a lot down to Remy playing and us actually having a cutting edge up front with 2 up top rather than none or one. Plus obviously they were playing with more confidence today after finally getting a win under their belts.

I disagree i feel other players are stepping up and to the plate and taking on more responsibility with the ball.With AT on the field we seem to just give him the ball
So much better without Adel on 20:07 - Mar 9 with 2789 viewsHanwellHoop

We did look better today than we have done for a while but Adel is still the key. We look/ play much better when he is on form and have been very unlucky not to win a lot of games he's been involved in
I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
So much better without Adel on 20:09 - Mar 9 with 2758 viewspaulparker

i think now to the end of the season we will see HR play 4-4-2
holiett & townsend being bale & lennon, remy & zamora, crouch & defoe
its how HR got success at spuds, he put in Adel when we were scrapping for points againts spuds, city & chelsea so that we could keep the ball and let others into play especially after we were torn to shreds against liverpool
i would hate for adel to have had a cissy fit and never play for us again the bloke has done so much for us and given us so many memories he is the bloke you spend your £40.00 to watch

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So much better without Adel on 20:13 - Mar 9 with 2723 viewsbaz_qpr

So much better without Adel on 20:02 - Mar 9 by QPRDave

I disagree i feel other players are stepping up and to the plate and taking on more responsibility with the ball.With AT on the field we seem to just give him the ball

How many chances did we create today, we got lucky from the first and two wonder goal long range efforts, other than that we created nothing and had a full back tacking corners and set pieces one of which led to their goal I agree we give AT too much responsibility. I also think he is far better from the left than as a second striker unless we play 4-2-3-1.

I doubt its the last we have heard of AT, and he will no doubt come on and dig us from a hole like he has done many times before
So much better without Adel on 20:13 - Mar 9 with 2720 viewsfakekerby

It's easy to single out Adel but let's not forget we are also winning without the likes of Derry, Mackie and SWP who have played regularly this season.
So much better without Adel on 20:25 - Mar 9 with 2659 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

So much better without Adel on 20:13 - Mar 9 by baz_qpr

How many chances did we create today, we got lucky from the first and two wonder goal long range efforts, other than that we created nothing and had a full back tacking corners and set pieces one of which led to their goal I agree we give AT too much responsibility. I also think he is far better from the left than as a second striker unless we play 4-2-3-1.

I doubt its the last we have heard of AT, and he will no doubt come on and dig us from a hole like he has done many times before

+1

It's got to be Yarg

So much better without Adel on 20:29 - Mar 9 with 2641 viewsQPRDave

So much better without Adel on 20:13 - Mar 9 by baz_qpr

I think Hoilett is playing alot free-er if that's a good description i think Townsend too is creative ....we had 15 attempts on goal today...8 on target, whether they're shots from outside the box doesn't matter imo we were playing the ball from side to side and getting crosses into BZ. We flow as a team better without AT, it is a shame with what Adel has done for us almost single handedly getting us promoted and everything, but i think we play better and more direct without him.......which is what we need imo
So much better without Adel on 20:53 - Mar 9 with 2572 viewsbaz_qpr

So much better without Adel on 20:29 - Mar 9 by QPRDave

I think Hoilett is playing alot free-er if that's a good description i think Townsend too is creative ....we had 15 attempts on goal today...8 on target, whether they're shots from outside the box doesn't matter imo we were playing the ball from side to side and getting crosses into BZ. We flow as a team better without AT, it is a shame with what Adel has done for us almost single handedly getting us promoted and everything, but i think we play better and more direct without him.......which is what we need imo

Ignore the stats they're meaningless you were at the game, did we or did we not create a clearcut chance from our own play. I would argue we did not and on another day we would pay for that. Now that is not to say everything is rosy in the garden with Adel playing but IMHO its unfortunate that when at last we do have a quality striker available the one player most likely to feed him the right ball at the right time is possibly being frozen out.

Horses for courses I understand, and Adel needed to be rested especially after his penalty miss, and the subsequent dip in form. Are we a better team without him? I dont think so, would we have beaten Chelsea on their turf without him? I dont think so
So much better without Adel on 21:01 - Mar 9 with 2523 viewsHollowayRanger

So much better without Adel on 20:00 - Mar 9 by Cornish_oooRRRR

sauce?

HP

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

So much better without Adel on 21:05 - Mar 9 with 2498 viewswittle

So much better without Adel on 20:53 - Mar 9 by baz_qpr

Ignore the stats they're meaningless you were at the game, did we or did we not create a clearcut chance from our own play. I would argue we did not and on another day we would pay for that. Now that is not to say everything is rosy in the garden with Adel playing but IMHO its unfortunate that when at last we do have a quality striker available the one player most likely to feed him the right ball at the right time is possibly being frozen out.

Horses for courses I understand, and Adel needed to be rested especially after his penalty miss, and the subsequent dip in form. Are we a better team without him? I dont think so, would we have beaten Chelsea on their turf without him? I dont think so

well watching the game on sky now and remy has just had a header saved and blazed one over the bar ,both from townsend and hoilet crosses.
So much better without Adel on 21:26 - Mar 9 with 2420 viewscalders

I don't mean to be cynical, but I can't help thinking this goes back to Kia Joorabchian being adels adviser/agent and the bullish.t story he fed the press (allegedly) about the dubai trip.
So much better without Adel on 21:34 - Mar 9 with 2392 viewsvegasranger

So much better without Adel on 20:07 - Mar 9 by HanwellHoop

We did look better today than we have done for a while but Adel is still the key. We look/ play much better when he is on form and have been very unlucky not to win a lot of games he's been involved in
I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Adel still the key, I can't agree with this. I know Sunderland aren't a great team but we competed for 90 minutes today , the whole team. We scored 3 goals and Green made one save in the second half. We've played better in patches this season but this must be our most balanced performance. Our attacking from so many different angles, with Taarabt playing everything has to go through him.
So much better without Adel on 21:48 - Mar 9 with 2341 viewsqprmick

So much better without Adel on 19:45 - Mar 9 by QPRDave

i think we are better as a team without him too, its harsh/sad but that's the way it is. More players are getting involved in attacks and Hoilett looks something like the player Blackburn had last season

Maybe the team has sat back and waited for Adel to perform miracles. Now some more begun to play Adel would not be on his own and be even more impressive.

Qprmick

So much better without Adel on 22:01 - Mar 9 with 2314 viewsPommyhoop

So much better without Adel on 21:48 - Mar 9 by qprmick

Maybe the team has sat back and waited for Adel to perform miracles. Now some more begun to play Adel would not be on his own and be even more impressive.

Agree.The players now look up for it and are looking for space and Adel would thrive and create loads.Plus the opposition would waste an extra man or 2 trying to crowd out Adel.Dont write off the strange little Morrocan just yet..
Remember Chelsea and Fulham??

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

So much better without Adel on 22:03 - Mar 9 with 2307 viewsCanadaRanger

Adel is the most talented player currently in an R's shirt. He's also ours... not a loanee. Come the end of season he will still be ours. It doesn't matter whether we are Premiership or Championship next year, Adel will be a huge part of our success. I so look forward to seeing him play again when next I am in the UK.

If Harry can get this bunch of overpriced Hughes misfits to PLAY hard enough NOW to keep us up, then they will finally have earned they paychecks. Come the end of season, those that want to stay and have done well enough, will likely be kept. The Hughes mistakes will be gone. We will have a united and stronger squad.

So much better without Adel on 22:40 - Mar 9 with 2248 viewsMelakaRanger

I agree 100%.

He was great for us in the Championship, in fact amazing and without him we would not have been promoted. same can be said about Warnock.

But just like Warnock he is not really Premiership quality.

I am not an 'Adel' knocker but the simple fact is that we are a far better 'team' without him. He may well still play a part in our survival but from the subs bench not from the staring 11.

The Premiership takes no prisoners. Time to move on
So much better without Adel on 22:43 - Mar 9 with 985 viewsMelakaRanger

So much better without Adel on 21:01 - Mar 9 by HollowayRanger

HP

A1 steak sauce
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024