Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worth a read! 10:37 - Mar 7 with 2749 viewsVUVU

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/2185/desert-storm-or-fiction-in-the-

Bond: "Not until I see Kananga!" Kananga: "Rightttt... (Starts pulling face off)"

Worth a read! on 10:45 - Mar 7 with 2725 viewsJamie

Worth a read! on 10:47 - Mar 7 with 2710 viewsFDC

"So, we’ve established that the QPR quotes are probably true"

Erm... must have missed that?
Worth a read! on 10:55 - Mar 7 with 2688 viewskieranh

Think we all know that the story was true and so what they didnt have a game coming up and we won our first game since its old school football managment.
Ive got alot of time for martin lipton and although alot of it may be exagerated as are all press stories he's only doing his job and as far as you can tell from a fairly reliable source.

Although my attidtude may have been diffrent should we have lost last week. :-/
Worth a read! on 11:03 - Mar 7 with 2670 viewsHAYESBOY

I certainly dont think the story is true.

I think it was sensational rubbish, expanded to make it look as bad as it could.

Would believe our manager over a hack any day.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Worth a read! on 11:34 - Mar 7 with 2636 viewsTacticalR

A couple of interesting points in there:

"Maybe Lipton did not speak to each player and was, in fact, “fed” much of the information from the agent."
"The third and final question, I have to concede, I am almost at a loss to explain. Why should an agent — to be fair to Harry, the most likely teller of the whole sorry tale — feel the need to get all the sordid details out into the public domain? I cannot see, and many of my fellow hacks are at a similar loss, what purpose it has served. Apart from perhaps destabilising a club further, a club at which their clients are currently gainfully employed in the top flight.

Unless, of course, relegation for QPR will trigger a release clause in their clients’ contracts; which will, in turn, trigger a big-money move to another club; and which will, in turn, trigger another big pay-day for the agent. In which case, if that’s really the case, if that’s where we’re at now, then I have become more cynical about the game than I hoped I ever would be."

Air hostess clique

Worth a read! on 11:52 - Mar 7 with 2587 viewsNW5Hoop

Worth a read! on 11:34 - Mar 7 by TacticalR

A couple of interesting points in there:

"Maybe Lipton did not speak to each player and was, in fact, “fed” much of the information from the agent."
"The third and final question, I have to concede, I am almost at a loss to explain. Why should an agent — to be fair to Harry, the most likely teller of the whole sorry tale — feel the need to get all the sordid details out into the public domain? I cannot see, and many of my fellow hacks are at a similar loss, what purpose it has served. Apart from perhaps destabilising a club further, a club at which their clients are currently gainfully employed in the top flight.

Unless, of course, relegation for QPR will trigger a release clause in their clients’ contracts; which will, in turn, trigger a big-money move to another club; and which will, in turn, trigger another big pay-day for the agent. In which case, if that’s really the case, if that’s where we’re at now, then I have become more cynical about the game than I hoped I ever would be."

Yes ... I got the impression from the piece he had spoken to the players. That is the sense the words conveyed. If he hasn't, then I think it was poor to make it seem like he had, and I feel foolish for having argued that he must have spoken to the players on the other thread. I might reread and see how careful he was with his choice of words.
Worth a read! on 11:55 - Mar 7 with 2584 viewsNorthernr

1 - Was it worth a read? Really? "So we've established the quotes are true" - have we?
2 - Could this not have gone on the unmissable giant thread we already have?
Worth a read! on 14:21 - Mar 7 with 2444 viewstoboboly

Worth a read! on 11:55 - Mar 7 by Northernr

1 - Was it worth a read? Really? "So we've established the quotes are true" - have we?
2 - Could this not have gone on the unmissable giant thread we already have?

I thought that was primarily for word association?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Worth a read! on 14:44 - Mar 7 with 2411 viewsTW_R

Worth a read! on 11:52 - Mar 7 by NW5Hoop

Yes ... I got the impression from the piece he had spoken to the players. That is the sense the words conveyed. If he hasn't, then I think it was poor to make it seem like he had, and I feel foolish for having argued that he must have spoken to the players on the other thread. I might reread and see how careful he was with his choice of words.

Here you go. This should cheer you up. The Swedes taking the mickey out of Lipton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024