Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nightmare at Loftus Road 09:30 - Feb 12 with 2586 viewsDoomed

I watched the game at the weekend and just feel that the Premiership has been a nightmare from day one when we got stuffed by Bolton at home.

Let's face it, since getting in the Prem we have brought in the worst manager ever to run the club (still paying for him) and numerous players most of which would be in my all time top 10 for the worst players to play for QPR.

AlsoI can't think of one of them being worth more now than when we purchased them!

I did say on this forum we should have bought in Kenny Jackett before we signed Harry and I still think it would have been a better option. I don't think Harry's purchases can be justified, we seem to go for big names who aren't team players or are past thier sell by date.

The only player we have purchased while we have been in the Prem who can hold his head up high and be proud of his achievements is Ryan Nelson and he cost £0.

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 10:40 - Feb 12 with 2459 viewsHollowayRanger

should have invested in the future young quality players that were very good in championship and may have been good enough for premiership like norwich and swansea did

instead we went for over paid experienced premiership cast offs

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 11:10 - Feb 12 with 2428 viewsdaveB

Warnock tried to go for younger players like Graham and mackail Smith but experts on here said they were useless and we should go for bigger names.

The one good thing to come out of the last two years should be to learn what is required at this level, I'm not sure we have learned that though.

Still it's been well worth the two years to beat Chelsea twice, beat Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool etc. It's not all been bad
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 11:36 - Feb 12 with 2381 viewsthemodfather

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 11:10 - Feb 12 by daveB

Warnock tried to go for younger players like Graham and mackail Smith but experts on here said they were useless and we should go for bigger names.

The one good thing to come out of the last two years should be to learn what is required at this level, I'm not sure we have learned that though.

Still it's been well worth the two years to beat Chelsea twice, beat Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool etc. It's not all been bad

the board appointed managers, agreed signings and agents fees..where does the buck stop?
"ere boss, wanna sign ???? on a 4yr deal worth £8m in wages alone , ok"
"no, get out of my office and get real"

but some will blame the fans, the ground..i don't know
just not good enough...those with hope think we'll win 6-7 of the last games when we haven't won that in the last 12 months! or so it seems...
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 12:14 - Feb 12 with 2331 viewsTW_R

Well Mackail-Smith is 28 and scored 9 goals in 45 games in the Championship last year. Hardly set the world alight.

Graham had one very good season for Watford and was sold for £3.5 million at a time where we had no money. Whether he would have been any better for us than, say, Cisse, is debatable. He had a good first season in the Prem but has struggled to make an impact this season. Similar to DJ Campbell in that respect.

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 12:20 - Feb 12 with 2296 viewsW7Ranger

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 12:14 - Feb 12 by TW_R

Well Mackail-Smith is 28 and scored 9 goals in 45 games in the Championship last year. Hardly set the world alight.

Graham had one very good season for Watford and was sold for £3.5 million at a time where we had no money. Whether he would have been any better for us than, say, Cisse, is debatable. He had a good first season in the Prem but has struggled to make an impact this season. Similar to DJ Campbell in that respect.

Bit difficult for DJ in his second season as Blackpool got relegated after one season despite his goals for them. He came to us and never really got a long run in the team for one reason or another.

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 12:30 - Feb 12 with 2273 viewsTW_R

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 12:20 - Feb 12 by W7Ranger

Bit difficult for DJ in his second season as Blackpool got relegated after one season despite his goals for them. He came to us and never really got a long run in the team for one reason or another.

That's true, but it's now 3 managers we've had that haven't really been able to find a place for him.
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 12:43 - Feb 12 with 2240 viewsW7Ranger

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 12:30 - Feb 12 by TW_R

That's true, but it's now 3 managers we've had that haven't really been able to find a place for him.

He's never really had a sustained spell in the team for some reason. Either the management have seen something in Training they don't like or they just don't fancy him. Either way, he's never had a fair crack so can't say whether he would've made a difference or not.

Apart from a handful of players out of 50 that have played for us (and a few results against big teams!), our Premier League experience has been one almighty fcuk up!!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 13:00 - Feb 12 with 2195 viewsLoft1979

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 12:30 - Feb 12 by TW_R

-HR addressed this straight on. DJ is not the key, we need a big striker. DJ is not big enough or quick enough. his FA cup show was not exactly applause worthy.
-THE PROBLEM; QPR cant pass the ball. As has been said numerous times 'the faux9' worked. But Adel cant always 'hold up' play and dribble pass everyone. He needs an outlet. Granero is a key but he has not impressed so far. My humble opinion is Ale could have played in the Granero role (with Jenas not being recruited), where his passing was more useful and his defense less of a liability.
Our midfield is woefull right now.

One of the best things I have seen from HR is playing Traore as midfielder and Fabio at LB. I think Bosingwa could be usefull at RB. Like most I think Jamie cant be a striker in this league. A super sub maybe even a defensive midfielder.

For strategy; we cant beat anyone up. We have to hustle, defend in numbers and hit on the break. get the ball to Granero, use Traore and Andros on the wings and hopefully target BZ and Betty. ..and Adel.

in my humble opinion. I think we will gel and make some noise, but AVilla, WH, Reading or someone else need to have a run of poor form.
Login to get fewer ads

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 17:34 - Feb 12 with 2059 viewsSpiritofGregory

Yes, Warnock did try to go for Graham the problem is that Graham rejected QPR because of Warnock. He wanted to play for a team like Swansea who play football on the deck. He knows that Warnock would of just used him as a battering ram.

We got away with it big time last season and instead of learning a huge lesson and changing our transfer policy we made the same mistakes. Who on earth lets a potential manager interview the club? I would never tolerate that nonsense.
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 17:38 - Feb 12 with 2048 viewsTW_R

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 17:34 - Feb 12 by SpiritofGregory

Yes, Warnock did try to go for Graham the problem is that Graham rejected QPR because of Warnock. He wanted to play for a team like Swansea who play football on the deck. He knows that Warnock would of just used him as a battering ram.

We got away with it big time last season and instead of learning a huge lesson and changing our transfer policy we made the same mistakes. Who on earth lets a potential manager interview the club? I would never tolerate that nonsense.

That's weird though, because he was the manager you were so desperate to get in. Are you telling me that when that was reported just after Hughes became manager, you suddenly changed your mind and decided he wasn't for us?
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 17:45 - Feb 12 with 2033 viewsTHEBUSH

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 17:34 - Feb 12 by SpiritofGregory

I think almost everyone agrees we need to change our transfer policy.
It just don't work with a small club like us going for big name players.
They come here and think they are doing us favour by signing a big fat contract.
I just hope our owners have learnt this and start now to invest in the future, they need to get smart, quick.
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 19:34 - Feb 12 with 1960 viewsderbyhoop

Warnock didn't believe the side that got us up were good enough to stay up. He may have been right. We'll never know.
Hughes came in and didn't believe the side were good enough to stay up. So he brought in BZ, AJ, Diakite and we did stay up. Would we have done so without those signings? WHo knows?
Then the problems really started. Hughes seem to have access to unlimited funds and brough in anybody that Kia Joorabchian could make money out of. Although, on paper, there were some good players, many have disappointed and they certainly never gelled as a team.
Harry seems to have got more of a team ethos but his transfer policies have been expensive, flawed in some way and we are yet to see the level of improvement required.
All the changes have been made, by 3 different managers over 4 transfer windows, to solve short term perceived problems.
Irrespective of where we finish, we need to have a detailed and serious assessment of what we are trying to achieve. And nobody believes that involves changing a minimum of 6 players every transfer window.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 19:52 - Feb 12 with 1938 viewsCHUBBS

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 19:34 - Feb 12 by derbyhoop

Warnock didn't believe the side that got us up were good enough to stay up. He may have been right. We'll never know.
Hughes came in and didn't believe the side were good enough to stay up. So he brought in BZ, AJ, Diakite and we did stay up. Would we have done so without those signings? WHo knows?
Then the problems really started. Hughes seem to have access to unlimited funds and brough in anybody that Kia Joorabchian could make money out of. Although, on paper, there were some good players, many have disappointed and they certainly never gelled as a team.
Harry seems to have got more of a team ethos but his transfer policies have been expensive, flawed in some way and we are yet to see the level of improvement required.
All the changes have been made, by 3 different managers over 4 transfer windows, to solve short term perceived problems.
Irrespective of where we finish, we need to have a detailed and serious assessment of what we are trying to achieve. And nobody believes that involves changing a minimum of 6 players every transfer window.

Some of what you say makes perfect sense but you just feel we are in so deep that they're gonna throw the kitchen sink at it until doomsday arrives.
I just can't blame HR for our business in the last window.The reason HR struggled in the transfer market is down to the position we were left in by that odious c@nt he replaced.
No quality players would go to a team cut adrift for any reason other than financial ones.
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 20:03 - Feb 12 with 1922 viewsderbyhoop

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 19:52 - Feb 12 by CHUBBS

Some of what you say makes perfect sense but you just feel we are in so deep that they're gonna throw the kitchen sink at it until doomsday arrives.
I just can't blame HR for our business in the last window.The reason HR struggled in the transfer market is down to the position we were left in by that odious c@nt he replaced.
No quality players would go to a team cut adrift for any reason other than financial ones.

Wouldn't argue with that.
Maybe relegation is what this club needs to re-assess.
Compare our approach to that of WBA (see Clive's preview where he quoted Ashworth) or Swansea (Saturday's match report) to point to a far better way.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 21:25 - Feb 12 with 1855 viewsCiderwithRsie

Seriously people...

A thread titled "Nightmare at Loftus Road" by "Doomed"

How about "We're all going to die and the world is gonna end" by "Bloody Hell"

Get a grip!
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 21:43 - Feb 12 with 1838 viewsTW_R

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 21:25 - Feb 12 by CiderwithRsie

Seriously people...

A thread titled "Nightmare at Loftus Road" by "Doomed"

How about "We're all going to die and the world is gonna end" by "Bloody Hell"

Get a grip!

On a completely unrelated note Cider - you're not related to Laurie Lee are you?
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 22:28 - Feb 12 with 1810 viewsCiderwithRsie

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 21:43 - Feb 12 by TW_R

On a completely unrelated note Cider - you're not related to Laurie Lee are you?

No, but I do live a few miles away from his old stamping ground, so yeah the reference is deliberate
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 22:34 - Feb 12 with 1801 viewswestolian

Are you suggesting Warnock didn't go for those players because of the views on this MB ?

That's amazing !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 00:11 - Feb 13 with 1753 viewsjo_qpr63

I was one of those "experts" that thought we had to go for prem players, however, i also thought we had to keep our "team" that won us promotion with a couple added.
The one thing i've learned is the premier league and its players is the most hyped load of tosh.
Agree daveb it was worth coming up to beat chelsea, Arsenal,spurs, Liverpool, and its put us back on the map.
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 00:43 - Feb 13 with 1733 viewsFredManRave

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 22:34 - Feb 12 by westolian

Are you suggesting Warnock didn't go for those players because of the views on this MB ?

That's amazing !

I've only just joined but I honestly had no idea this MB was so powerful.

So which f'in idiot on here told Warnock to go for SWP and Barton?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 00:44 - Feb 13 with 1730 viewsDaiHo0p

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 00:43 - Feb 13 by FredManRave

I've only just joined but I honestly had no idea this MB was so powerful.

So which f'in idiot on here told Warnock to go for SWP and Barton?!

This MB is more powerful than you know.

CHEESE?
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 00:48 - Feb 13 with 1725 viewsFredManRave

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 00:44 - Feb 13 by DaiHo0p

This MB is more powerful than you know.

CHEESE?

So we've got "CHEESE" to thank for the winner against Chelski and we'll try and forget about the rest. Awful signings the pair of them.

I've got the Power.

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 07:12 - Feb 13 with 1682 viewsqprmick

One thing in common with the players we have discarded, they mostly now all score goals even Ramage. Mate re: cheese, it is customary on here to nominate your favourite cheese. There, maybe our team eat too much cheese.

Qprmick

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 07:30 - Feb 13 with 1668 viewssmegma

I know of a more powerful mb that got Sousa the sack.
Nightmare at Loftus Road on 16:21 - Feb 13 with 1564 viewsFredManRave

Nightmare at Loftus Road on 07:12 - Feb 13 by qprmick

One thing in common with the players we have discarded, they mostly now all score goals even Ramage. Mate re: cheese, it is customary on here to nominate your favourite cheese. There, maybe our team eat too much cheese.

Wagstaff.

Am I in?

I've got the Power.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024