Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Face facts people! 16:08 - Nov 20 with 3962 viewsDoomed

This is my first message I have put on this forum, but I do read it daily, I have supported QPR for over 30 years and seem the highs and lows.
I must admit at this point in time this is one of the biggest lows, knowing we will get relegated, but that’s not the worst of it, it’s getting relegated with a team who lets face are only here for the money.
The problem is even if we put all the dross (Green, Traore, Ferdinand, Onuoha, Boswinga, Park, Wright useless Philips, Dyer (if fit!), Zamora, Barton, and Hulse ) up for sale in January who would want to buy them?
SWP is on a 4yr contract, I can’t think of a worst player we have ever bought on such a long and no doubt lucrative contract. With the muppets we purchased this summer I can only see us getting relegated
I wouldn’t sack Mark Hughes until summer so he will be known as the worst manager in a full season of the Premiership.
Next summer I would go back to our original 5 year plan and I would get Kenny Jackett in as manager, he has been excellent at Millwall and used to be Holloways side kick at QPR. We don’t need a big named expensive manager look at Norwich and WBA.
Harry Redknapp, will only spend more money, so the squad will get even bigger and he won’t be able to get us out of the pooh we are now in, and the club will end up in serious debt (Portsmouth).
You need someone who is willing to put his heart and soul into the club, as for the dross of players I would still put them ALL up for sale in Jan window, as they wouldn’t even come up to the Championship standard.
Take off the rose tinted glasses people we will get relegated, but hopefully with a lot less dross than we have now!
Face facts people! on 18:21 - Nov 21 with 700 viewsSomersetHoops

Face facts people! on 17:35 - Nov 20 by Juzzie

Ifw e keep Mark Hughes for the duration and go down, I wouldn't sack him in the summer. Why should he be paid-off for taking us down?

I'd tell him he's got 2 choices... 1) resign without compensation or 2) regain his and our dignity by taking us straight back up. Even if we don't go up, he stays for the duration of his contract or he resigns.

Its reached the point where only Hughes integrity is at stake as he has no credibility as a competent football manager. He said very publicly that we would not be in the position we are in on his watch. I think Tony is reluctant to sack him because of his own integrity, but this should not apply to someone who now has none.

Obviously the verbal pact made with the fans and the club has no value as far as Hughes is concerned but his contract has and that is the price of his integrity. Depite the bad player buys, the bad selections,tactics, poor substitutions and the lack of inspiration none of our problems are his fault according to Hughes, who has been trotting out the same lame excuses all season.

I don't know who thinks Hughes is the man to take us out of the Championship - he really has less of a clue about playing or managing at that level than he has shown in the Premiership.

Who's Next?

Face facts people! on 10:14 - Nov 22 with 666 viewsDoomed

Face facts people! on 12:32 - Nov 21 by TGRRRSSS

Sheron was a fairly big name, he'd sone v well at Stoke (I think) and was on his way back.

Doomed you didn't watch the Millwall game the other day did you per chance, cos I did and a part of me thought, if we did things differently and really wanted to develope the club Jackett would certainly be someone to contact, not totally sure as manager, but..... I can see the thinking, but only if you were to move in a new direction.

Yes I did watch Millwall beat Leeds and remember Kenny was no2 to Holloway and he has had lots of success, check it out on Wikipedia.
Face facts people! on 12:04 - Nov 22 with 642 viewsBeaufort27

It really is indicative of the job Hughes has done when you consider just 5 months ago we were celebrating the release of all the dead weight that was laboring the club. All the big Paladini contracts that had finally expired, and in just 5 short months Hughes saddles us with another group of unwanted lumps on a combined salary that must be an order of magnitude more than what we released in the summer. Absolutely stunning job.
Face facts people! on 12:06 - Nov 22 with 641 viewsPinnerPaul

Face facts people! on 12:04 - Nov 22 by Beaufort27

It really is indicative of the job Hughes has done when you consider just 5 months ago we were celebrating the release of all the dead weight that was laboring the club. All the big Paladini contracts that had finally expired, and in just 5 short months Hughes saddles us with another group of unwanted lumps on a combined salary that must be an order of magnitude more than what we released in the summer. Absolutely stunning job.

I suspect in a few days the whole process will start over again, even if the actual hiring & firing will have to wait until Jan.

It can't go on forever.
Face facts people! on 12:22 - Nov 22 with 630 viewsDoomed

Face facts people! on 12:04 - Nov 22 by Beaufort27

We didn't get rid of all the dead weights, we resigned Dyer who lets face had a fantastic 4mins last season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024