Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Face facts people! 16:08 - Nov 20 with 3930 viewsDoomed

This is my first message I have put on this forum, but I do read it daily, I have supported QPR for over 30 years and seem the highs and lows.
I must admit at this point in time this is one of the biggest lows, knowing we will get relegated, but that’s not the worst of it, it’s getting relegated with a team who lets face are only here for the money.
The problem is even if we put all the dross (Green, Traore, Ferdinand, Onuoha, Boswinga, Park, Wright useless Philips, Dyer (if fit!), Zamora, Barton, and Hulse ) up for sale in January who would want to buy them?
SWP is on a 4yr contract, I can’t think of a worst player we have ever bought on such a long and no doubt lucrative contract. With the muppets we purchased this summer I can only see us getting relegated
I wouldn’t sack Mark Hughes until summer so he will be known as the worst manager in a full season of the Premiership.
Next summer I would go back to our original 5 year plan and I would get Kenny Jackett in as manager, he has been excellent at Millwall and used to be Holloways side kick at QPR. We don’t need a big named expensive manager look at Norwich and WBA.
Harry Redknapp, will only spend more money, so the squad will get even bigger and he won’t be able to get us out of the pooh we are now in, and the club will end up in serious debt (Portsmouth).
You need someone who is willing to put his heart and soul into the club, as for the dross of players I would still put them ALL up for sale in Jan window, as they wouldn’t even come up to the Championship standard.
Take off the rose tinted glasses people we will get relegated, but hopefully with a lot less dross than we have now!
Face facts people! on 16:09 - Nov 20 with 3217 viewskropotkin41

Cheese?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Face facts people! on 16:38 - Nov 20 with 3151 viewsTacticalR

Stale, by the sound of it.

Air hostess clique

Face facts people! on 16:40 - Nov 20 with 3136 viewsWestbourneR

If Harry comes then we could still stay up.

That, for me, means he gets the job. If we were already relegated I might agree with you plan. But at the momet it sill has to be plan B.

We are only 5 points adrift and have a team that can be good if handled properly.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Face facts people! on 16:46 - Nov 20 with 3112 viewsTacticalR

But at least we can thank the OP for bringing the facts to our attention.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Air hostess clique

Face facts people! on 17:19 - Nov 20 with 3055 viewsKerryE

1 post in 30 years and he's off without revealing fave cheese - poor

Face facts people! on 17:23 - Nov 20 with 3038 viewspomanjou

Face facts people! on 17:19 - Nov 20 by KerryE

1 post in 30 years and he's off without revealing fave cheese - poor

And an hour and 11 minutes later he has not put things right.

Very Poor.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Face facts people! on 17:26 - Nov 20 with 3024 viewsTheBlob

That's a tenner's worth of internet time waiting for him to reply.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Face facts people! on 17:28 - Nov 20 with 3002 viewsMichael_Hunt

Cheese? - smells fishy to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Face facts people! on 17:29 - Nov 20 with 2993 viewsklr

Great post.

Couldnt agree more with you especially about the morally criminal Shaun Wright-Phillips situation & great shout on Kenny Jackett, I've accepted relegation, this whole big talk from non football people & big wages for a bunch of despicable c*nts era has been a massive failure, I just hope we can recover from it.
Face facts people! on 17:34 - Nov 20 with 2979 viewseastside_r

Welcome to the board Kenny.
Face facts people! on 17:34 - Nov 20 with 2977 viewsTacticalR

By their friends ye shall know them.

Air hostess clique

Face facts people! on 17:35 - Nov 20 with 2968 viewsJuzzie

Ifw e keep Mark Hughes for the duration and go down, I wouldn't sack him in the summer. Why should he be paid-off for taking us down?

I'd tell him he's got 2 choices... 1) resign without compensation or 2) regain his and our dignity by taking us straight back up. Even if we don't go up, he stays for the duration of his contract or he resigns.

Face facts people! on 17:39 - Nov 20 with 2956 viewsMytch_QPR

I've got a rose tinted hearing aid: my window cleaner told me that the Rs won't go down (and he's a Fulham supporter).

It's good to see so much positivity out there, despite the negligence in the cheese dept.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Face facts people! on 17:41 - Nov 20 with 2946 viewsJonDoeman

WUM

It Is What It Is !!

Face facts people! on 22:16 - Nov 20 with 2790 viewsTearsOfaClown

first rate post - bang on target.

MH MUST stay to the end of the season at LEAST.

No point changing the manager it is certain overpaid, over the hill players that are the drain on the club.

The few Championship players left still have the right attitude.

MH can and must finish the job 0 and he needs 4 years not 4 months.
Face facts people! on 22:23 - Nov 20 with 2750 viewsBrianMcCarthy

WUM.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Face facts people! on 10:07 - Nov 21 with 2537 viewsDoomed

By the way I like Cathedral Cheese.

I am a loyal supporter and yes I still think Kenny Jackett is a viable choice for our next manager.

Mark Hughes management style reminds me when we had Stewart Houston in charge, big name signings but no passion for QPR.

Let's face it after he had spent all of Chris Wrights money, QPR were on a one way ticket to relegations with hugh debt, resulting in us going into Administration.

I hope this doesn't happen again!
Face facts people! on 10:28 - Nov 21 with 2506 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Face facts people! on 10:07 - Nov 21 by Doomed

By the way I like Cathedral Cheese.

I am a loyal supporter and yes I still think Kenny Jackett is a viable choice for our next manager.

Mark Hughes management style reminds me when we had Stewart Houston in charge, big name signings but no passion for QPR.

Let's face it after he had spent all of Chris Wrights money, QPR were on a one way ticket to relegations with hugh debt, resulting in us going into Administration.

I hope this doesn't happen again!

Doomed likes Cathedral cheese. Quality.

"My name is Mathew Hopkins witchfinder.... she rides to the Sabbath"

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Face facts people! on 10:46 - Nov 21 with 2436 viewsMytch_QPR

It's happy days on the forum!

When I logged on this morning the banner ad on the side of the page reads 'If you die unexpectedly...' (as if you actually plan the date for curling your toes up).

In respect of this rather nonsense thread, I would hardly refer to Messrs Spencer and Sheron as being 'big name signings', and I am also going to do the unthinkable and defend Hughes a little here by pointing out that SWP, Hulse, Ferdinand, Barton and Dyer were all Warnock signings. You can lay the blame for these partly with NW, and to a large extent with Fat Flav - because he screwed uo the transfers at the beginning of last season. Once TF opened the cheque book, you will recall NW having to do the football manager's equivalent of supermarket sweep (SWP sat in the little seat in the trolley).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Face facts people! on 12:30 - Nov 21 with 2350 viewsDoomed

Face facts people! on 10:46 - Nov 21 by Mytch_QPR

It's happy days on the forum!

When I logged on this morning the banner ad on the side of the page reads 'If you die unexpectedly...' (as if you actually plan the date for curling your toes up).

In respect of this rather nonsense thread, I would hardly refer to Messrs Spencer and Sheron as being 'big name signings', and I am also going to do the unthinkable and defend Hughes a little here by pointing out that SWP, Hulse, Ferdinand, Barton and Dyer were all Warnock signings. You can lay the blame for these partly with NW, and to a large extent with Fat Flav - because he screwed uo the transfers at the beginning of last season. Once TF opened the cheque book, you will recall NW having to do the football manager's equivalent of supermarket sweep (SWP sat in the little seat in the trolley).

Hardly call Mike Sheron and John Spencer big name signing! your'e having a laugh Mike Sheron cost £2.75m (club record) in 1997 and John Spencer £2.5m in 1996, when we were in the first division.

Apart from this last year name a season were we have spent that type of money on players?

Face facts people! on 12:32 - Nov 21 with 2342 viewsTGRRRSSS

Sheron was a fairly big name, he'd sone v well at Stoke (I think) and was on his way back.

Doomed you didn't watch the Millwall game the other day did you per chance, cos I did and a part of me thought, if we did things differently and really wanted to develope the club Jackett would certainly be someone to contact, not totally sure as manager, but..... I can see the thinking, but only if you were to move in a new direction.
Face facts people! on 12:50 - Nov 21 with 2310 viewsDoomed

Face facts people! on 12:32 - Nov 21 by TGRRRSSS

Sheron was a fairly big name, he'd sone v well at Stoke (I think) and was on his way back.

Doomed you didn't watch the Millwall game the other day did you per chance, cos I did and a part of me thought, if we did things differently and really wanted to develope the club Jackett would certainly be someone to contact, not totally sure as manager, but..... I can see the thinking, but only if you were to move in a new direction.

I still can't see how we are going to get out of this mess, people say we have big name signings, but for me we have too may overpaid journeymen just in it for the money.

Yes I do think we need to look at a new direction.

If you look at the squad that turned up (played would be an injustice on that performance) for their wages on Saturday. Apart from Taarabt (Spurs have a sell on fee), Granero, Cesar and Hoilett (still young). What is the rest worth and which Premiership club would buy them?
Traore, Ferdinand, Nelsen, Bosingwa, Daikite, Faurlin , Cisse, Green, Derry, Wright-Phillips, Dyer, Ehmer, Mackie and throw in Mark Hughes as Manager.

I put a value of no more than £5m , maybe Stoke would take Daikite and West Spam would buy Faurlin(if he get back to the form before his injury). The rest I am afraid we are stuck with, Mackie I don’t mind because at least he tries and is still quite young.

Even the injuries to the Fulham rejects (Johnson, Zamora) can’t be worth much, if anything (injury prone).

I hope Fernandes has a good sense of humour because he will be paying for this lot for a few years yet!

I just feel we should look at Kenny Jackett, look at WBA with Steve Clark or Norwich City who just seem recently to get managers from lower division, who can bring a team together, rather than our lot of individuals.
Face facts people! on 13:49 - Nov 21 with 2263 viewsMytch_QPR

Face facts people! on 12:30 - Nov 21 by Doomed

Hardly call Mike Sheron and John Spencer big name signing! your'e having a laugh Mike Sheron cost £2.75m (club record) in 1997 and John Spencer £2.5m in 1996, when we were in the first division.

Apart from this last year name a season were we have spent that type of money on players?

If they were really 'big names' they would not have dropped down to the Nationwide Div 1, but I take your point that, relative to other seasons, this was a big outlay for QPR.

I've said it all along, that we have clearly signed some of the biggest names to wear the Hoops under TF, but it seems that it's because they are 'names' that we have signed them - i.e. MH never really seems to have had a plan as to how they would fit together as a unit and (for the umpeenth time) we have no Plan B when the goals don't come. It's a case of the emperors new clothes - all positive PR pre-season and lot's of journalists predicting we'd be the surprise package, but no real substance.

Stoke may play ugly ,whilst Reading, Soton and Norwich rely more on team spirit, but at least they have a game plan. I guess this is what you are getting at with the Kenny Jackett theory.

So, point taken, but lighten up a little and whistle a merry song!

Face facts people! on 14:41 - Nov 21 with 2207 viewsMarc

Great post and fully agree that we need a massive clear out and good shout on Kenny Jackett.

On Sheron,oh how i looked forward to our own version of the SAS. Didnt quite work out how I hoped it would :(
Face facts people! on 14:59 - Nov 21 with 2154 viewsbeeeater

Its not a bad post but i dont agree with all of it. I still think if we get rid of Hughes now after Man U game , there is still a chance of staying up. Leave it any longer and thats it we are down. Like your idea of manager but i wouldsay Di Mateo is by far the best available now .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024