Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake 08:56 - Sep 16 with 9209 viewsRanger78

Some papers have included it in their reports. Have also just seen it on Skys Football First highlights
Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 15:19 - Sep 17 with 1653 viewsthemodfather

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 12:04 - Sep 17 by QPunkR

I missed the 1st 7 minutes as my own game was bloody delayed on Sat!!!

But I was so impressed when I got there and my mate told me that Park blanked T*rry's hand not once but twice. I wasn't sure about him being given the captaincy but I'm right behind him now, a great display of solidarity.

Good on you Mr. Park!

for me it's about TEAM SPIRIT, TOGETHERNESS....so zamora bleats terry is his best mate and will shake hands but WE pay his sodding wages, now are we "solid" or a split squad??
i think i read anton said to the squad, do what you think best
i'd say he's suggesting "'king support me here eh" but there we go.
cole can spit knowing he's on tv,live to some places and does that....
park showed immense self pirde imo, he just stared terry down. 10/10 to park.
Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 15:25 - Sep 17 with 1643 viewsdaveB

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 15:19 - Sep 17 by themodfather

for me it's about TEAM SPIRIT, TOGETHERNESS....so zamora bleats terry is his best mate and will shake hands but WE pay his sodding wages, now are we "solid" or a split squad??
i think i read anton said to the squad, do what you think best
i'd say he's suggesting "'king support me here eh" but there we go.
cole can spit knowing he's on tv,live to some places and does that....
park showed immense self pirde imo, he just stared terry down. 10/10 to park.

it should be down to the individual, Zamora grew up with Terry and is mates with him so should shake his hand, same with Bosingwa who played with Terry for years why shouldn't he shake his hand,. If they hadn't then it would have been a pitiful empty gesture imo as they are clearly mates with the bloke

Zamora is an easy target in this but 9 of our players shook his hand not just Zamora and plenty did after the game as well. The club did the right thing in leaving up to individuals to do what they felt was best.
Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:09 - Sep 17 with 1614 viewsblacky200

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 15:25 - Sep 17 by daveB

it should be down to the individual, Zamora grew up with Terry and is mates with him so should shake his hand, same with Bosingwa who played with Terry for years why shouldn't he shake his hand,. If they hadn't then it would have been a pitiful empty gesture imo as they are clearly mates with the bloke

Zamora is an easy target in this but 9 of our players shook his hand not just Zamora and plenty did after the game as well. The club did the right thing in leaving up to individuals to do what they felt was best.

I just think the whole thing has got bloody petty now and will continue to drag on (and possibly get worse as we now have some members of the team shaking his hand and some not). Nearly one year after the incident we are still talking about a should he shouldn't he.

Anton should of released a statement along the lines of "IMO what JT did was wrong but I will shake his hand in an effort to put this behind me so I can concentrate on football".
Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:10 - Sep 17 with 1607 viewskensalriser

I heard he spat on the pitch too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:13 - Sep 17 with 1599 viewsdaveB

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:09 - Sep 17 by blacky200

I just think the whole thing has got bloody petty now and will continue to drag on (and possibly get worse as we now have some members of the team shaking his hand and some not). Nearly one year after the incident we are still talking about a should he shouldn't he.

Anton should of released a statement along the lines of "IMO what JT did was wrong but I will shake his hand in an effort to put this behind me so I can concentrate on football".

on the other hand if Terry had come out and said after the game he thought he heard Anton say that to him so he repeated it and is sorry for any offence caused the matter would have been over with in a matter of days. After his refusal to apologise and then what his legal team did to Anton in court it's no shock he wants nothing to do with him now.

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:20 - Sep 17 with 1587 viewsblacky200

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:13 - Sep 17 by daveB

on the other hand if Terry had come out and said after the game he thought he heard Anton say that to him so he repeated it and is sorry for any offence caused the matter would have been over with in a matter of days. After his refusal to apologise and then what his legal team did to Anton in court it's no shock he wants nothing to do with him now.

Yes JT could have diffused the situation by saying that but he didn't. Which is why I said Anton should of issued a statement saying that he doesn't believe him but it is time to move on. As it now stands we are going to have this build up and aftermath everytime AF & TF (and now Cole) meet on the pitch until one of them retires.
Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:20 - Sep 17 with 1587 viewsblacky200

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:13 - Sep 17 by daveB

Yes JT could have diffused the situation by saying that but he didn't. Which is why I said Anton should of issued a statement saying that he doesn't believe him but it is time to move on. As it now stands we are going to have this build up and aftermath everytime AF & TF (and now Cole) meet on the pitch until one of them retires.
Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:30 - Sep 17 with 1558 viewsdaveB

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:20 - Sep 17 by blacky200

Ferdinand can't say bugger all as the FA case is still to be heard, if he comes out and says he doesn't believe Terry he'll be done for bringing the game into disrepute which is why he's never said a word about it
Login to get fewer ads

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:33 - Sep 17 with 1553 viewsBazWoT

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:20 - Sep 17 by blacky200

Why should he move on?

He clearly called him what he called him and getting off because of a claim he was repeating what was said to him is simply laughable. As the judge said, there was no video evidence of what Ferdinand had said so he could not issue a guilty sentence. His 13 page summation made it very clear that Terry was not "cleared" as numerous papers continue to report.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 17:19 - Sep 17 with 1513 viewsblacky200

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 16:33 - Sep 17 by BazWoT

Why should he move on?

He clearly called him what he called him and getting off because of a claim he was repeating what was said to him is simply laughable. As the judge said, there was no video evidence of what Ferdinand had said so he could not issue a guilty sentence. His 13 page summation made it very clear that Terry was not "cleared" as numerous papers continue to report.

OK I am partially black (and obviously partially black by appearance). So I am aware of how these things affect you when they are said.

All I am saying is that AF didn't come out of the court case with a glowing reputation having said what he did (and I am not saying this is justification for what JT said). And yes I believe JT did say what is alleged to have been said but this has dragged on for over a year and with a simple statement that would not bring him a disrepute charge he could of quite easily taken the spotlight off himself to concentrate on his profession.
Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 17:31 - Sep 17 with 1501 viewsQPR1882

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 17:19 - Sep 17 by blacky200

OK I am partially black (and obviously partially black by appearance). So I am aware of how these things affect you when they are said.

All I am saying is that AF didn't come out of the court case with a glowing reputation having said what he did (and I am not saying this is justification for what JT said). And yes I believe JT did say what is alleged to have been said but this has dragged on for over a year and with a simple statement that would not bring him a disrepute charge he could of quite easily taken the spotlight off himself to concentrate on his profession.

He has concentrated on his profession ,did you not see how well he played on Saturday ?

And he has done it with is dignity in tact, and he can hold his head up and say that through out the whole time he kept to his prinpciples.
Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 17:43 - Sep 17 with 1481 viewsdaveB

Anton has now got the PFA chief having a pop at him, incredible really
Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 17:47 - Sep 17 with 1474 viewsNorthernr

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 17:43 - Sep 17 by daveB

Anton has now got the PFA chief having a pop at him, incredible really

To be fair Gordon Taylor has never once passed up an opportunity to make himself look like an absolute cnt so it's no great surprise.
Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 17:49 - Sep 17 with 1471 viewsblacky200

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 17:31 - Sep 17 by QPR1882

He has concentrated on his profession ,did you not see how well he played on Saturday ?

And he has done it with is dignity in tact, and he can hold his head up and say that through out the whole time he kept to his prinpciples.

I am probably not making my point clearly enough here.

I am not critising Anton at all. All I am saying is that through no fault of his own this is dragging on and dragging more people into it. With a simple statement stating his own opinion ( which is already public record) and a handshake he could of stopped all the media and public debate about the handshake not the actual event.

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 19:22 - Sep 17 with 1418 viewsBazWoT

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 17:49 - Sep 17 by blacky200

I am probably not making my point clearly enough here.

I am not critising Anton at all. All I am saying is that through no fault of his own this is dragging on and dragging more people into it. With a simple statement stating his own opinion ( which is already public record) and a handshake he could of stopped all the media and public debate about the handshake not the actual event.

Sort of see your point but come on now, behave, shake hands with that vile scumbag!!!! I'm amazed any footballer does and as Park proved, one with a spine will not.

I doubt Clark Carlisle agrees with Gordon "old fart" Taylor either!!!

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 19:54 - Sep 17 with 1345 viewsJamie

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 09:19 - Sep 17 by WokingR

It's also reported that David Luis then refused to shake Anton's hand.
What a knob

Luiz definitely shook Ferdinands hand in the lineup.
Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 22:09 - Sep 17 with 1302 viewsderbyhoop

There's 2 sides to this and they are almost complete opposites.

On one hand, JT was found Not Guilty by a court of law, Shaking hands is the normal protocol as per FIFA advice. In that case, Anton should be big enough to put the incident behind him and set a good exanmple to all the kids who will be watching.

On the other hand, the pre match handshake is a sign of respect. How can anybody have any respect for Terry, especially a guy who was racially abused (whatever the court verdict). It's also a personal choice as to whether or not players shake hands, and Anton chose not to.

This handshake business has descended into farce and should be scrapped. It's contrived and whenever there is any controversy, as per Suarez/Evra, Bridge/Terry, Ferdinand/Terry, it brings the game into disrepute.

And as a sidenote, I wouldn't be critical of Zamora or Bosingwa, other than to question their judgement in being friends with one of life's bottom feeders.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 02:26 - Sep 18 with 1276 viewsqprmick

....anything in the press about Torres going straight down the tunnel.Did he shake any hands at the end of the game?

Qprmick

Park also refused Terry and Coles handshake on 11:41 - Sep 18 with 1234 viewsQPunkR

The whole bloody pre-match handshake business should be just gotten rid of fullstop. Hopefully with Anton (and others) blanking John T*rry's handshake every time they meet the FA will just think 'sod it, this is embarrassing' and get rid of this stupid and pointless exercise.
As said elsewhere, the normal time for shaking hands is after the game, and you choose who you shake hands with.

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024