Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twice in a week – Report 15:37 - Sep 2 with 9482 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62915
Twice in a week – Report on 15:44 - Sep 2 with 9361 viewsGaryBannister86

Fantastic. The description of what was seen from the away end and then the mayhem within it is on a level no-one else can touch. Thanks so much.
Twice in a week – Report on 16:03 - Sep 2 with 9106 viewsstevec

Superb. Feel like I was actually there now, goddam loyalty points.
Twice in a week – Report on 16:22 - Sep 2 with 8941 viewsAntti_Heinola

Love it.
Brought back memories of the 3-3 there in the Cup. so, so sweet.

Bare bones.

Twice in a week – Report on 16:41 - Sep 2 with 8766 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Twice in a week – Report on 16:03 - Sep 2 by stevec

Superb. Feel like I was actually there now, goddam loyalty points.

100%

Magnificent writing, Clive.

Thanks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Twice in a week – Report on 16:58 - Sep 2 with 8633 viewsBristolR

Many thanks Clive, ‘tis indeed a thing of beauty!!

Hope you’re feeling a little better…am sure Mabel’s helped with a tincture or two?!
Twice in a week – Report on 17:03 - Sep 2 with 8561 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great night at Luton, it was the first time I've seen us win there in 4 visits since 1979. Frey and Nardi superb.
Twice in a week – Report on 19:17 - Sep 2 with 7558 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Thanks Clive, what a brilliant read, almost as good as the evening itself in that shabby place!
We were in the sixth row and can be seen acting like complete lunatics in front of Frey when the winner went in!
What a superb day…and your match report captures that perfectly, I’ve been looking forward to reading it since Friday night.
We parked in the back streets of Beruit and were delighted to find our car still in one piece and with four wheels once we’d doubled back out of the police route after the game. On the way to the ground we saw an expensive Range Rover with a QPR private plate parked near the ground…I’d love to know if that survived?!
Twice in a week – Report on 19:52 - Sep 2 with 7196 viewsPaddyhoops

Not sure who I’m more proud of, the players or the fans.
Magnificent one and all.
Login to get fewer ads

Twice in a week – Report on 20:23 - Sep 2 with 6985 viewsMick_S

That second goal video is the best “away mental” I’ve seen for many a moon.

Our support was magnificent the other night.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Twice in a week – Report on 21:09 - Sep 2 with 6641 viewsLblock

“ the curvature of a Brazilian underwear model’s lower back”

Show stealer

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Twice in a week – Report on 21:15 - Sep 2 with 6586 viewsbosh67

Just a great read as always Clive.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Twice in a week – Report on 21:51 - Sep 2 with 6386 viewsHooparoo

Great report as always Clive. 😃

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Twice in a week – Report on 23:37 - Sep 2 with 5748 viewswokingpaul

Been to Luton several times and finally seen us win. One of the best atmospheres in an away end I have experienced following Rangers and this report sums up the night perfectly!
Twice in a week – Report on 09:49 - Sep 3 with 4393 viewsStanleyMarsh

Fantastic report Clive. One of your best. We so deserved to win that game and thankfully we did.
Twice in a week – Report on 09:57 - Sep 3 with 4342 viewsmobileDeWijs

Thanks for that Clive. Lovely piece of writing.
Twice in a week – Report on 10:42 - Sep 3 with 4177 viewsSydneyRs

"As McGuinness clambered over him I wondered if he would enter the Frey, but when the ball was subsequently squared perfectly for Nicolas Madsen’s first QPR goal it was clear he’d have to get in the queue."
Twice in a week – Report on 10:43 - Sep 3 with 4178 viewsthehat

Brilliant Clive - I watched at home on my own shouting at the TV but felt like I was in the away end with you all after reading your report.

"but seemed spooked by the same ghost that plagues Mick McCarthy" - An absolute belter of a line that had me in stitches.

Slowly but surely the pistons in the engine are starting to turn again.
Twice in a week – Report on 11:45 - Sep 3 with 3992 viewsSuperhoop83

"There’s a surplus of kitchen staff here, and it’s ruining the product."

It sounds to me like too many cooks were spoiling the broth.

Suffering since 1978.

Twice in a week – Report on 15:38 - Sep 3 with 3470 viewsMrSheen

That away end is the Tardis. It looks tiny from the inside but you can barely see to the front from within.
Twice in a week – Report on 17:37 - Sep 3 with 3168 viewsjoolsyp

Fantastic report, felt like I was there! So a question - what does a forward need to do to get a 9/10? I felt Frey deserved it - led from the front all game, pressed, couple of decent efforts first half and turned the game on it's head second with an assist and the winning goal. As influential as Freeman in that Leeds game I reckon. You're like my stingy university professor who never gave out any As ;-)
Twice in a week – Report on 11:12 - Sep 4 with 2216 viewsAntti_Heinola

Twice in a week – Report on 17:37 - Sep 3 by joolsyp

Fantastic report, felt like I was there! So a question - what does a forward need to do to get a 9/10? I felt Frey deserved it - led from the front all game, pressed, couple of decent efforts first half and turned the game on it's head second with an assist and the winning goal. As influential as Freeman in that Leeds game I reckon. You're like my stingy university professor who never gave out any As ;-)

Clive has never given a 10. I don't agree with his reasoning for that, which is something like, 'if you give a 10, you've got nowhere to go' - but if you never give a 10, then surely there's nowhere to go when you give a 9? And also, you can give a 10, and someone play better and they just get a 10 too?
Anyway, Clive loves these arguments about ratings when he's spent so much time on the prose ;)
My question would probably be, was Frey's performance on a level with Freeman v Leeds? If not, it's not a 9 by Clive's formula. A 9 for Clive is pretty much perfect, won the game on your own stuff. He can probably tell you, but I think only Freeman, Adel and maybe Eze have had 9s from him?

Bare bones.

Twice in a week – Report on 11:27 - Sep 4 with 2180 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Frey played very well, but he got one goal and one assist.

I think an 8 is right, there's two levels above 8, and there's at least two levels above one goal and one assist.

I thought the ratings were about right.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Twice in a week – Report on 11:46 - Sep 4 with 2135 viewsMyke

Twice in a week – Report on 11:27 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Frey played very well, but he got one goal and one assist.

I think an 8 is right, there's two levels above 8, and there's at least two levels above one goal and one assist.

I thought the ratings were about right.

Clive has explained the rationale behind his ratings on more than one occasion. If I remember it correctly, it is as much to do with the collective team effort as about individuals. So grades are given in the context of how the overall team performs over 90 minutes. But really the fixation with grades is unnecessarily. At the end of the day, it is one man's (albeit experienced) opinion and takes up a tiny fragment of his 2 ,3 (5?) thousand word report
Twice in a week – Report on 11:47 - Sep 4 with 2136 viewsPhilmyRs

Great report, which described the game perfectly.

In terms of Frey, think the rating was fair. The guy was a monster and everything I want my number 9 to be but I felt he went a bit quiet from about 25 mins to halftime - he suffered along with the rest of the team - and felt his pass to Dembele (after he'd done some good build up work) was behind him and meant he had to check back and the chance was missed. Absolutely minor and trivial stuff and probably the best individual performance so far by one of ours, but for me puts you into the 8s rather than 9s/10s category.

To get a 9 you need to be on it for pretty much the whole 90 and not put a foot wrong so Frey would just miss out on that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024