Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tata Steel 19:27 - Jun 27 with 5031 viewsraynor94

Have responded to the strikes, by fetching forward the shutdown of both Furnaces from September to July 7th.

What a sad situation, this will be the decimation of Port Talbot as a Town
[Post edited 27 Jun 19:27]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tata Steel on 14:41 - Jul 2 with 553 viewsDr_Winston

Tata Steel on 13:48 - Jul 2 by builthjack

So you could live on £1300 a month
Rent of about £700 .
Rates £100
Gas and leccy £180
Food £400
Car to run £250
The list goes on.
Without going into savings and selling your car you couldn't do it.

I'm currently paying £99 a month for energy. If I didn't have car payments my vehicle running costs would be half what you're claiming. £100 a week on food could feed a family of four.

If you're spending a combined £830 a month on energy, food and running a car then being skint is your own fault.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tata Steel on 15:10 - Jul 2 with 521 viewsbuilthjack

Tata Steel on 14:41 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

I'm currently paying £99 a month for energy. If I didn't have car payments my vehicle running costs would be half what you're claiming. £100 a week on food could feed a family of four.

If you're spending a combined £830 a month on energy, food and running a car then being skint is your own fault.

I am not sure what world your mind is living in but there are few clouds and a big cuckoo in there.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tata Steel on 15:27 - Jul 2 with 510 viewsDr_Winston

Tata Steel on 15:10 - Jul 2 by builthjack

I am not sure what world your mind is living in but there are few clouds and a big cuckoo in there.

Or I know how to budget, spend what I can afford and not spend all my time blaming "The Rich" for why I'm always skint.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tata Steel on 15:59 - Jul 2 with 490 viewsbuilthjack

Tata Steel on 15:27 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

Or I know how to budget, spend what I can afford and not spend all my time blaming "The Rich" for why I'm always skint.

So you think £11.44 is enough for people to.live on.
Wow.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tata Steel on 16:07 - Jul 2 with 484 viewsonehunglow

Tata Steel on 14:41 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

You pay just about what we do.
I tend to agree with those cost of living figures
We don’t hold back yet we manage well enough and shop at M@S at weekends .
There are deals to be hard
Here in Greece ,I laid 3 .50 for a small pack of Kellogg Cornflakes and £3 for carton of orange juice
Bread is 2 quid for a tasteless pack of cardboard.
Vat 24% and we complain !

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tata Steel on 16:17 - Jul 2 with 468 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tata Steel on 07:58 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

"Lowering the gap between rich and poor" = "I'm insanely jealous of anyone who has more than me".

That's just complete nonsense. There are people starving, there are people across the world who would look at a "poor" person in the Uk and say they are rich.

Then there are people in the world, the top 1%, the top 5% who have far too much money, more than they can ever need or for some could never even spend.

It's about social justice not jealousy.
Tata Steel on 16:26 - Jul 2 with 460 viewsonehunglow

Tata Steel on 16:17 - Jul 2 by SullutaCreturned

That's just complete nonsense. There are people starving, there are people across the world who would look at a "poor" person in the Uk and say they are rich.

Then there are people in the world, the top 1%, the top 5% who have far too much money, more than they can ever need or for some could never even spend.

It's about social justice not jealousy.

Percuny has a bad name
There has always been equality
Those who create wealth,those who are employed by those that do.
Those that create the wealth should/ must play fair.
However,we are cocooned in ourselves and what we can get
In that regard,everyone wants more,poor or rich

Many “poor” are often the most vulnerable to those who wantbto fleece them
Some “ poor” are not the best decision makers when it comes to budgeting
Poor is relative
Anyone reading about Victorian Britain knows what poverty is

By now, we should have got it right

We haven’t

Tata Steel on 16:28 - Jul 2 with 460 viewsSullutaCreturned

Tata Steel on 15:27 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

Oh more nonsense, its not about blaming the rich for being skint, it's about fair pay so people can afford to live,

If it's a doddle as you say then why are so many kids goingto school without breakfast, parents can't afford uniform so we have swap schemes running in primary and comprehensives?

£100 to feed a family of four means a rubbish diet, we spend more than 100 per week on 3 of us because we have a lot of fresh fruit which is expensive and we don't buy the cheap crap ultra processed stuff so much.

What I will blame the rich for is for paying themselves massive wages when they pay minimum wage, people like Amazon, Jeff Bezos can afford a pay cut but his workers?
Login to get fewer ads

Tata Steel on 17:04 - Jul 2 with 449 viewsbuilthjack

Tata Steel on 16:28 - Jul 2 by SullutaCreturned

Oh more nonsense, its not about blaming the rich for being skint, it's about fair pay so people can afford to live,

If it's a doddle as you say then why are so many kids goingto school without breakfast, parents can't afford uniform so we have swap schemes running in primary and comprehensives?

£100 to feed a family of four means a rubbish diet, we spend more than 100 per week on 3 of us because we have a lot of fresh fruit which is expensive and we don't buy the cheap crap ultra processed stuff so much.

What I will blame the rich for is for paying themselves massive wages when they pay minimum wage, people like Amazon, Jeff Bezos can afford a pay cut but his workers?

Exactly. Jamie doesn't seem to have a clue about how some have to survive.

Tata Steel on 17:14 - Jul 2 with 443 viewsonehunglow

Tata Steel on 17:04 - Jul 2 by builthjack

Exactly. Jamie doesn't seem to have a clue about how some have to survive.

He’s my biggest adversary on this site but his job would suggest he really does know
I could say much more

Tata Steel on 17:19 - Jul 2 with 439 viewsGwyn737

Tata Steel on 16:28 - Jul 2 by SullutaCreturned

Bang on.

In the UK today, a child is 4 times more likely to live in poverty than a pensioner.

This is one of the richest countries in the world.

There’s something wrong somewhere.
Tata Steel on 17:23 - Jul 2 with 435 viewsonehunglow

Tata Steel on 17:19 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

Bang on.

In the UK today, a child is 4 times more likely to live in poverty than a pensioner.

This is one of the richest countries in the world.

There’s something wrong somewhere.

So pensioners gave it easy then.
Pensioners have health issues when young uns haven’t

Pensioners have no voice
They are easy prey

Tata Steel on 17:34 - Jul 2 with 430 viewsGwyn737

Tata Steel on 17:23 - Jul 2 by onehunglow

So pensioners gave it easy then.
Pensioners have health issues when young uns haven’t

Pensioners have no voice
They are easy prey

That’s not what I said.

A race to the bottom helps nobody.
Tata Steel on 17:41 - Jul 2 with 424 viewsonehunglow

Tata Steel on 17:34 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

That’s not what I said.

No,but you imply so.
You are not the first
Old mated are hated here
Labour will hammer them

Tata Steel on 17:46 - Jul 2 with 423 viewsBoundy

Tata Steel on 17:34 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

That’s not what I said.

This , a race that the weakest in society will never win . I happen to live in one of the most deprived areas of Swansea ,where poverty is a way of life for many , a community reliant on handouts , food banks and the generosity of its residents just to live everyday.
I have to remind myself occasionally that I live in the now 6th richest nation in the world , a country where child poverty is the norm , a social care system in near collapse and who needs reminding about our NHS.
If you're a member of the house of Lords for example and attend every day for a week you'll be able to claim £300 per day tax free ,whether you're there for 5 minutes or 5 hours . How the hell can that be right when most people don't earn that in a month.
Labour is spouting change is needed and I agree but al I can see is the gap getting bigger between us and them .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Tata Steel on 18:36 - Jul 2 with 405 viewsGwyn737

Tata Steel on 17:41 - Jul 2 by onehunglow

No,but you imply so.
You are not the first
Old mated are hated here
Labour will hammer them

Not implied at all.

I want children to be better off, not pensioners worse off.
Tata Steel on 18:46 - Jul 2 with 382 viewsDr_Winston

A box of 36 Lidl Weetabix is £2.05. At three a day they should last most of a fortnight. That's my usual breakfast. Four pints of milk is £1.65.

If kids are going to school without brekkie it's not because of the cost.

Tata Steel on 19:16 - Jul 2 with 362 viewspencoedjack

Tata Steel on 18:46 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

A box of 36 Lidl Weetabix is £2.05. At three a day they should last most of a fortnight. That's my usual breakfast. Four pints of milk is £1.65.

Aye but they can watch sky tv & their mum smoke fags 👍

Too many people in this country think those working should look after them.

There are exceptions of course.
Tata Steel on 20:43 - Jul 2 with 325 viewsonehunglow

Tata Steel on 18:46 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

Not to mention shopping at ASDA at end of trading
People have to be smart
Too many can’t be arsed

Tata Steel on 21:18 - Jul 2 with 310 viewsmax936

Tata Steel on 10:44 - Jul 2 by builthjack

You are happy for 20 year old to get paid £8.60 an hour ?
Or for care workers who wipe shit off people to be paid £11.44.
I am not.
[Post edited 2 Jul 10:46]

We had carers who were coming here, their love and care for the patients they cared for was second to none, my lad can be proper hard work, especially if he's unsettled its very very wearing and because of the masses amount of meds he's on and the milk based feeds he has [peg fed] he makes some right messes, those girls used to take it in their stride, I can't do it I'll be honest, how the Mrs does it I don't know the smell as well, makes me heave on times.

Yet those girls used to do it on minimum wage when they could earn more stacking shelves in supermarkets, unfortunately the company they worked for pulled the plug on the Homecare service they were providing.

We have a qualified nurse and an assistant who come here now, they do earn more in fairness and deservedly so, but still its a job I could never do or want to do being honest, I've got to muck in regularly of course, he is my son after all, but as a job I couldn't do it.
[Post edited 2 Jul 21:21]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tata Steel on 21:29 - Jul 2 with 285 viewspencoedjack

Tata Steel on 21:18 - Jul 2 by max936

We had carers who were coming here, their love and care for the patients they cared for was second to none, my lad can be proper hard work, especially if he's unsettled its very very wearing and because of the masses amount of meds he's on and the milk based feeds he has [peg fed] he makes some right messes, those girls used to take it in their stride, I can't do it I'll be honest, how the Mrs does it I don't know the smell as well, makes me heave on times.

Yet those girls used to do it on minimum wage when they could earn more stacking shelves in supermarkets, unfortunately the company they worked for pulled the plug on the Homecare service they were providing.

We have a qualified nurse and an assistant who come here now, they do earn more in fairness and deservedly so, but still its a job I could never do or want to do being honest, I've got to muck in regularly of course, he is my son after all, but as a job I couldn't do it.
[Post edited 2 Jul 21:21]

❤️
Tata Steel on 01:01 - Jul 3 with 245 viewsRobbie

Tata Steel on 21:29 - Jul 2 by pencoedjack

❤️

Unite , TGWU once know as my then Union in TATA have decided not to proceed with Industrial Action , thank goodness for that .

TATA would have locked the gates after the staff walked out , cheerio , our job now easier .

It galls me to say it but ARC is their vision with a soon to be defunct BOS and Blast gone .
Somehow keep the Industry and jobs in PortTalbot and local business keep going .

Blast Furnaces 4+5 on my M4 travels are still a must look at sight .
Tata Steel on 01:28 - Jul 3 with 241 viewsRobbie

Tata Steel on 20:43 - Jul 2 by onehunglow

Not to mention shopping at ASDA at end of trading
People have to be smart
Too many can’t be arsed

Working in shelf stacking myself in a local Supermarket around the confectionary aisle .

School children before start come in and spend £2 on a bag of sweets and chocolates before lessons others buy chocolate cookies a quid each from the bakery . no problem .

Dentistry and obesity figures are rocketing , I see reasons why everyday .
Tata Steel on 06:12 - Jul 3 with 216 viewsonehunglow

Tata Steel on 01:28 - Jul 3 by Robbie

Working in shelf stacking myself in a local Supermarket around the confectionary aisle .

School children before start come in and spend £2 on a bag of sweets and chocolates before lessons others buy chocolate cookies a quid each from the bakery . no problem .

I read people are obese because of thyroid problems etc or bad diet cos they’re poor.
I’ve seen vegetables and fruit in Aldi at ludicrously low prices . The “ poor” tend not to go for this refering shite like chocolate.
Here in Greece,few obese and food prices astronomical ,especially sweets and chocolate. It’s why kids here don’t eat them much.
We have ,as a country,got into bad dietrery ways and our NHS is testament to it all.

Tata Steel on 06:15 - Jul 3 with 214 viewsonehunglow

Tata Steel on 01:28 - Jul 3 by Robbie

People deride “ stacking shelves” .
I was a supermarket manager for six years and ensuring stock is ready for sale and rotated properly is not as easy as some think.
Whole swathes of profit can be lost very easily.
Trust me, the pressure from the big boys is considerable

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024