Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 690741 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:21 - Aug 6 with 8884 viewsdavman

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:06 - Aug 6 by bosh67

Frabotta has signed for WBA. I know he was meant to come here. Maybe he thought he was coming here and he's just dyslexic?

Thought thy had an embargo on them? FFP / P&S falling apart all around; seems unenforceable...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:15 - Aug 7 with 7676 viewsjoe90

Apparently we're looking to get Josh Bowler on loan. Does anyone know if there's any truth in this?
[Post edited 7 Aug 9:31]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:09 - Aug 7 with 7360 viewswombat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:34 - Aug 6 by LazyFan

Maybe so but ...

... for the first game of the season, if Rak-Sakyi comes in on the right and with Chair still injured, then Smyth, I suspect, will be selected ahead of the younglings, Kohli or Llyod.

What will be interesting is whether it will be Frey or Celar up front?
I suspect he will go with Frey for now.

cant see how frey is ever a starter , sorry hes just not very good , even with the extra work hes supposed to have put in this summer before we startd training , hes bloody awful . even with his lack of goals dykes when fit is the starter for me ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:42 - Aug 7 with 7012 viewsMonkey_Roots

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:09 - Aug 7 by wombat

cant see how frey is ever a starter , sorry hes just not very good , even with the extra work hes supposed to have put in this summer before we startd training , hes bloody awful . even with his lack of goals dykes when fit is the starter for me ,

I hope I'm wrong, but Frey just looks like Dykes 2.0
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:44 - Aug 7 with 6996 viewsbosh67

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:42 - Aug 7 by Monkey_Roots

I think we have to give Frey a chance this season. He hadn't played much football before he joined us last season for some time and he's really only had this pre-season to get up to fitness levels he'll need. So let's give the guy a chance.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:45 - Aug 7 with 6993 viewsMonkey_Roots

Duplicate
[Post edited 7 Aug 10:45]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:49 - Aug 7 with 6940 viewsMonkey_Roots

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:44 - Aug 7 by bosh67

I think we have to give Frey a chance this season. He hadn't played much football before he joined us last season for some time and he's really only had this pre-season to get up to fitness levels he'll need. So let's give the guy a chance.

As I said, I hope I'm wrong and he comes good.

Pre-season really has told us nothing about our attackers - they've hardly had a touch.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:57 - Aug 7 with 6867 viewsfrancisbowles

From the little I've seen of him, I think Frey is a much better and more natural finisher than Dykes.
Dykes has more energy though and is probably a better presser as well as being more help to the defence.
Hopefully, Celar will have more strengths than either of them and will become our first choice.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:01 - Aug 7 with 6821 viewsNorthantsHoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:44 - Aug 7 by bosh67

I agree if he is now fit and can get a goal or two to get him going then he may prove to be a good signing. I feel a lot more positive about him than Dykes. The main striker will be Celar but as has been said got to supply these players with chances otherwise it is a thankless and frustrating role.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:05 - Aug 7 with 6715 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:42 - Aug 7 by Monkey_Roots

I dunno, I find it easy to distinguish the heavily tattooed and free flowing locks of Dykes from the one who looks like a bloke out of Right Said Fred!

You sure your minceys aren't ready for their annual check up?
[Post edited 7 Aug 11:17]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:53 - Aug 7 with 6312 viewsLblock

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:21 - Aug 6 by davman

Thought thy had an embargo on them? FFP / P&S falling apart all around; seems unenforceable...

Just the one club taken to the cleaners then?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:56 - Aug 7 with 6258 viewsLazyFan

That's not the choice for the first game, it's either Frey or Celar, as Dykes is injured. That's why I said it would be interesting, as we shall find out what Marti really thinks about Frey.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:57 - Aug 7 with 6261 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I'm honestly more worried about how we're going to get the ball into an area for any striker to do their job more than whether Dykes / Frey / Celar are actually any good. At least these days we're in a position to rotate that lone striker due to form and fixture congestion. It wasn't long ago that Dykes had the job by default when fit.

I'm fine with trusting it's a game of biding time and patience waiting for Eze / Chair moves to materialise but I really would feel much better about our season if we weren't solely trusting Anderson and Smyth to create chances; like we probably will be on Saturday.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:34 - Aug 7 with 5904 viewsSpaceman_P

I'm on team Frey more than Team Dykes.

Frey looks like a psycho or a possible Crystal Maze presenter and that's fine for me (as long as he gets a few goals this season)
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:01 - Aug 7 with 5681 viewsLoyalitat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:57 - Aug 7 by Padulas_Shampoo

I'm honestly more worried about how we're going to get the ball into an area for any striker to do their job more than whether Dykes / Frey / Celar are actually any good. At least these days we're in a position to rotate that lone striker due to form and fixture congestion. It wasn't long ago that Dykes had the job by default when fit.

I'm fine with trusting it's a game of biding time and patience waiting for Eze / Chair moves to materialise but I really would feel much better about our season if we weren't solely trusting Anderson and Smyth to create chances; like we probably will be on Saturday.

Totally agree with your concerns re: the possible dearth in chances being created in the absence of Chair, injury or otherwise, and Willock no longer being at the club. From the time of MC's appointment in November '23, they were involved in 11 goal assists and scored 12 goals in the league.

In that same period, our forwards (x3) only managed 8.

Not easy to find, but we need at least one new creative player. Two if Chair were to be sold. Chair's likely absence for Saturday is a major concern.
[Post edited 7 Aug 14:49]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:05 - Aug 7 with 5628 viewsPdog

The amount of times Dykes gets manhandled by the opposition CB's is so frustrating, if you're not gonna score at least bring others into play or hold it up Zamora style (to be fair that itself is an art). Yes he closes down but running should be the bare minimum of a pro footballer skill set, of which i hope Frey has now got more of in his locker.

Whilst both limited i feel Frey could offer more of that nuisance factor with Celar the actual goals man.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:44 - Aug 7 with 4930 viewsTheChef

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:34 - Aug 7 by Spaceman_P

I'm on team Frey more than Team Dykes.

Frey looks like a psycho or a possible Crystal Maze presenter and that's fine for me (as long as he gets a few goals this season)

Team Dykes captain ParkRoyalR must be on holiday.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:27 - Aug 7 with 4629 viewsStainrod

Surely Celar was bought as first choice centre forward?

Agree with Padula that service as much a problem as the centre forward himself. Michael Owen in his pomp would struggle to score many for us at present.

Not sure I buy the comment about Dykes getting manhandled especially - all strikers do. For a big man with all those tattoos he gets bullied off the ball more than he should. I have reservations about Frey but you saw how he battled when he came on against Brighton. Dykes, in contrast, mainly just ambles about IMHO.

Finally I get that Chair is probably out for this weekend but unless I've missed it I haven't read even any rumours of interest in him?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:45 - Aug 7 with 4504 viewsjeffranger

No rumours about any transfers! only this chat about who score our goals & who starts should be on the match
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:55 - Aug 7 with 4363 viewsEastR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:45 - Aug 7 by jeffranger

No rumours about any transfers! only this chat about who score our goals & who starts should be on the match

Eze to Man City for £100m ?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:20 - Aug 7 with 3420 viewsE17hoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:55 - Aug 7 by EastR

Eze to Man City for £100m ?

Apparently Spurs for £60 +8 with add-ons but Spurs want a chunk of cash up front.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:02 - Aug 7 with 3108 viewsjeffranger

[Post edited 7 Aug 20:06]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:12 - Aug 7 with 3028 viewsderbyhoop

Rak-Sakyi favouring Sheff Utd, according to some reports.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:19 - Aug 7 with 2939 viewsdm97

The Rak Sakyi stuff never felt real to me, CP were always going to charge a fee we can’t afford in our position.

I am concerned at the complete lack of noise about forward targets though. Think we might have a rough start if our wingers are Kolli and Smyth until end of window (assuming Chair isn’t back for a couple weeks yet). Praying for the Eze deal to happen
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:29 - Aug 7 with 2846 viewsTomMorgz7

Rumours of a seven figure loan fee for Rak-Sakyi... would be much better invested in other permanent transfers i reckon
[Post edited 7 Aug 20:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024