Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too much negativity on here 15:22 - Jan 14 with 10583 viewsnumptydumpty

I could understand the doom under Ainsworth.

This is chalk and cheese from that.

Exciting and never say die, some excellent build up play, and responding well to conceding goals.

Both their goals today in all reality - potshots that either go in , or nine times out of ten, into row Z..

We were often on the front foot, linking up well and creating decent opportunities but the composure lacking in front of goal or great saves.

Should have got at least three today and were the better side.

Nineteen games to go

Huddersfield Plymouth Birmingham Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday all not very good

And Marti in charge not Ainsworth.

We got the effort today that Ainsworth kept on bemoaning.

Even though we lost today definitely felt results we deserve will come.

But reading match thread and others, we are already in league one.

Can't agree with that in anyways whatsoever....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Too much negativity on here on 11:42 - Jan 15 with 1694 viewsTheChef

Too much negativity on here on 11:05 - Jan 15 by robith

I am historically the happiest of happy clappers, but what exactly am I supposed to be positive about ??

Marti's a great coach who has improved us - but it's still a team of serial losers and dossers who have gotten 4 managers sacked and are sinking like a stone.

I cheer the team on, but relentless, baseless positivity can be as toxic as negativity

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Too much negativity on here on 11:48 - Jan 15 with 1678 viewsTacticalR

@numptydumpty 'I could understand the doom under Ainsworth. This is chalk and cheese from that.'

Perhaps that explains the negativity? When we weren't playing well under Ainsworth we could blame the manager. Now, as we have a manager who we know can get results, but even he's not getting results, it makes the doom all the clearer.

Having said that, we need a win from somewhere to settle nerves (whether or not we're going down).

Air hostess clique

Too much negativity on here on 12:18 - Jan 15 with 1608 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Too much negativity on here on 10:20 - Jan 15 by mart_Goblin

Yes, I agree with the large majority of that .

But people being accused of being negative is a bit mental isn’t it ?
The titanic took a while to sink, but there was quite a period where the passengers knew it was going to happen so we’re probably quite negative about it.

With our record over the past 1, 2, 3, 5,10 years …..if fans, of any club with that record ain’t a little negative now then I think their delusional as to what lies ahead

Exactly....if your still believing some slight tweaks and a bit of positivity is going to improve these players and this situation then that is the meaning of delusional with the many years on record of terrible performance under any number of managers. I want to support the team but at first I want them to be worth supporting....I'm not convinced most of these players care what we think of them....and us just cheering and clapping away at any old two bit performance ain't sending them any message apart from crap is good enough.
Too much negativity on here on 12:34 - Jan 15 with 1542 viewsNed_Kennedys

Played ok yesterday but with this squad that is as good as it gets. And once some of them cry off with niggles again performance levels will drop.

Virtually our strongest team out yesterday and injuries have eased for a bit: Cook for Dunne obviously but neither of the two goals were the defence’s fault for a change.
I’d also start Smyth every game instead of Willock: we need commitment and effort for the rest of the season as a bare minimum.

The squad the powers that be have put together over the last few seasons has absolutely no depth, especially attacking wise. Kolli might come good but having the likes of Drewe, Albert, Kelman, Duke McKenna on the bench most weeks says it all. Massive rebuild required.

If that’s negative then so be it.
Too much negativity on here on 12:41 - Jan 15 with 1507 viewsNorthernr

Too much negativity on here on 12:34 - Jan 15 by Ned_Kennedys

Played ok yesterday but with this squad that is as good as it gets. And once some of them cry off with niggles again performance levels will drop.

Virtually our strongest team out yesterday and injuries have eased for a bit: Cook for Dunne obviously but neither of the two goals were the defence’s fault for a change.
I’d also start Smyth every game instead of Willock: we need commitment and effort for the rest of the season as a bare minimum.

The squad the powers that be have put together over the last few seasons has absolutely no depth, especially attacking wise. Kolli might come good but having the likes of Drewe, Albert, Kelman, Duke McKenna on the bench most weeks says it all. Massive rebuild required.

Seconded on all of this.
Too much negativity on here on 12:50 - Jan 15 with 1475 viewsDiscodroids

Thanks LFW Zoot suit Mods!

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Too much negativity on here on 13:03 - Jan 15 with 1425 viewsHunterhoop

Watford supporting mate said he thought Smyth changed the game for us.

To stay up, we need points (and a miracle).

My first choice team AT HOME would be:

Begovic
Cannon Cook JCS Paal
Field Colback
Smyth Chair Willock
Armstrong

If Willock is injured/not trying, move Chair left and play Dykes just off Armstrong. At home though!

Away from home I’d drop, Willock and play Chair on the left, and bring EDB into midfield to give us a more robust midfield 3, making is harder to score against.

Unless Dykes starts scoring regularly, I think Armstrong needs to start because he offers more threat in open play and he forces the opposition back deeper, which gives more space for Chair to play in.

Smyth would always start for me. Pace and effort. He has both and we need both.
Too much negativity on here on 13:14 - Jan 15 with 1379 viewsJimthehip

Too much negativity on here on 13:03 - Jan 15 by Hunterhoop

Begovic
Cannon Cook JCS Paal
Field Colback
Smyth Chair Willock
Armstrong

If Willock is injured/not trying, move Chair left and play Dykes just off Armstrong. At home though!

Away from home I’d drop, Willock and play Chair on the left, and bring EDB into midfield to give us a more robust midfield 3, making is harder to score against.

Unless Dykes starts scoring regularly, I think Armstrong needs to start because he offers more threat in open play and he forces the opposition back deeper, which gives more space for Chair to play in.

agree with all of that
Login to get fewer ads

Too much negativity on here on 13:17 - Jan 15 with 1362 viewsParkRoyalR

Begovic
Cannon Cook JCS Paal
Field Colback
Smyth Chair Willock
Armstrong

Variations on a theme but if Willock plays like Sunday he should'nt start (and I'm a big fully fit Willock fan),

Smyth is a more natural footballer than Armstrong so can be more effective on the Left (as he was at Leyton Orient) than Armstrong,

Armstrong should play on the right, Chair just has to play central,

Dykes (love him or hate him) does too much crucial work for the team (be it defending set pieces, tieing up the oppositions centre backs, winning headers etc) which is so noticeable when he's not in the team, plus he's back scoring with 2 in 2.
Too much negativity on here on 13:38 - Jan 15 with 1324 viewsAntti_Heinola

I’d keep Smyth as an impact sub. I thought Willock was ok yesterday, and ultimately think he’ll deliver more than Smyth.
I liked Dykes behind Armstrong, and I think that will remain for now: Dykes has 2 in 2 from there and Sinclair has had his best 2 games for us in that position.
Again, we can argue all this but it’s shuffling deckchairs really.

Bare bones.

Too much negativity on here on 13:44 - Jan 15 with 1293 viewsgazza1

Begovic
Cannon Cook JCS Paal
Field Colback
Smyth Chair Willock
Armstrong

Not far off the mark.......and would think that will be very close to the starting line up but perhaps Dykes will start somewhere in the starting 11.
Too much negativity on here on 13:47 - Jan 15 with 1290 viewsTheChef

Too much negativity on here on 13:38 - Jan 15 by Antti_Heinola

I’d keep Smyth as an impact sub. I thought Willock was ok yesterday, and ultimately think he’ll deliver more than Smyth.
I liked Dykes behind Armstrong, and I think that will remain for now: Dykes has 2 in 2 from there and Sinclair has had his best 2 games for us in that position.

Hmmm yeah I too think Smyth is more effective off the bench - but would rather have on the pitch for say thirty minutes than ten/fifteen.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Too much negativity on here on 14:12 - Jan 15 with 1220 viewsMatch82

Generally speaking I'm in the camp that thinks the way we're playing is a better indication of how the next few games will go than how many points we get and I'm heartened by good performances even if we come up short.

However we are now at the point where we need points. I'd rather scrape a couple of lucky 1-0s and play like garbage at this point.
Too much negativity on here on 14:21 - Jan 15 with 1199 viewsR_from_afar

Too much negativity on here on 12:34 - Jan 15 by Ned_Kennedys

Good post.

For all the many, many problems we have and all the weaknesses of this squad, bringing in - or developing - a striker at the start of last season who could score even just seven or so goals per campaign could possibly have kept us up, but we did nothing on that front. We are now paying for that.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Too much negativity on here on 14:28 - Jan 15 with 1169 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

One thing that gives me hope is that this is the Championship.

It’s fcking mental and a five game winning streak could be round the corner. Problem is this is also true of everyone else around us.
Too much negativity on here on 14:30 - Jan 15 with 1145 viewsJimthehip

Too much negativity on here on 14:28 - Jan 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

One thing that gives me hope is that this is the Championship.

It’s fcking mental and a five game winning streak could be round the corner. Problem is this is also true of everyone else around us.

Yeah Huddersfield looked dead and buried

I really do think we're still in this. 5 points is nothing and deployed really well against Watford !
Too much negativity on here on 14:31 - Jan 15 with 1134 viewsParkRoyalR

Too much negativity on here on 13:38 - Jan 15 by Antti_Heinola

Willock caused us problems defensively yesterday with his inability to protect the space in front of Cannon,

Chair in the middle feeding quick ball to Smyth and Armstrong would create problems for most defences in this division,

Chair in the Dykes role yesterday will offer this team so much more than Dykes can with his occasional lay-offs and flick-on's.
Too much negativity on here on 14:31 - Jan 15 with 1131 viewsrobith

The thing about Smyth for me is he is one of the few players in the squad who doesn't just....let things happen to him. Willock and Cannon get a bit "oh no, we're being marked, nothing we can do I guess" whereas Smyth will run, make dummy runs, buy a foul, just a bit of f**king niggle you know?

Also yesterday he played a near undefendable cross, right across the middle of the box. That's clearly what we're looking for as our wingers try to manufacture it every time, yet none of our attacked got anywhere near it. That's just f***ing work rate guys
Too much negativity on here on 14:36 - Jan 15 with 1103 viewsParkRoyalR

Too much negativity on here on 14:31 - Jan 15 by robith

The thing about Smyth for me is he is one of the few players in the squad who doesn't just....let things happen to him. Willock and Cannon get a bit "oh no, we're being marked, nothing we can do I guess" whereas Smyth will run, make dummy runs, buy a foul, just a bit of f**king niggle you know?

Also yesterday he played a near undefendable cross, right across the middle of the box. That's clearly what we're looking for as our wingers try to manufacture it every time, yet none of our attacked got anywhere near it. That's just f***ing work rate guys

Agree Robith but he has to be mindful when he's fed quick ball and the attackers are'nt in line with him, with his speed he seriously has to be cutting the ball back to the edge of the area as great ball tho it was, even Dominic Iorfa would struggle to keep up and get on the end of that one yesterday.

Agree he makes things happen and if I have one criticism it is he is prone to over hit his crosses, likely down to pace he's running at, and moving to the left flank could help this and is where he was apparently at his best for the O's.
Too much negativity on here on 14:55 - Jan 15 with 1074 viewsPaddyhoops

We had a great view of Smyths frustration in the loft end .He put some really decent crosses in but as usual nobody got near them. He was screaming his head off at the lack of effort in throwing bodies at his crosses.
One other thing . Stop Paal taking free kicks and corners because they are bloody awful.
Too much negativity on here on 14:56 - Jan 15 with 1072 viewsNorthernr

Too much negativity on here on 14:55 - Jan 15 by Paddyhoops

We had a great view of Smyths frustration in the loft end .He put some really decent crosses in but as usual nobody got near them. He was screaming his head off at the lack of effort in throwing bodies at his crosses.
One other thing . Stop Paal taking free kicks and corners because they are bloody awful.

Actually saw Smyth getting on the Central Line after the game. Said well played. Kind of wish it had been one of the sht ones
Too much negativity on here on 15:09 - Jan 15 with 1016 viewscharmr

Sinclair had that shot parried and Dykes never moved into the 6 yd box. He in fact stood behind a Watford player.

This is so much better football then the anti football we were being served. Admittedly it’s all a bit of huff and puff but there’s some intelligence and purpose. As my Watford mate concluded also no one up front.

A student of the game at the helm just players who you could argue have never been coached on the venables like gold nuggets of info. Teaching the up and coming teams/players his systems as well.

This man with his players will be a different proposition if it happens.
Too much negativity on here on 15:16 - Jan 15 with 1002 viewskensalriser

We looked a lot more threatening with Smyth on the field yesterday. More often than not he's posing problems for his full back and he still looks like he actually cares if we win or not. If he can cut out the petulant cards and improve his final ball (better yesterday) he'll turn in to a decent championship player. It would be nice if we had some runners who could get into the box for his crosses though, most of the time it's not about picking someone out, it's delivering early to an area where your team mates should already be anticipating it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Too much negativity on here on 15:50 - Jan 15 with 964 viewsAntti_Heinola

Too much negativity on here on 14:31 - Jan 15 by ParkRoyalR

Willock caused us problems defensively yesterday with his inability to protect the space in front of Cannon,

Chair in the middle feeding quick ball to Smyth and Armstrong would create problems for most defences in this division,

Chair in the Dykes role yesterday will offer this team so much more than Dykes can with his occasional lay-offs and flick-on's.

Didn't notice Cannon having any problems at all. Willock was right in front of me first half and he defended well and worked well with Cannon. Maybe it was different 2nd half.
Thought we dealt with Watford really well, though, and they really created almost nothing all game.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024