Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe Standing in Lower Loft 12:00 - Dec 10 with 8559 viewsQPRConor2000

Was in the safe standing area in the lower loft and I have to say how noticeable the atmosphere has improved, must of been the best in a long time.

I hope in time the club look at extending it to the whole Lower Loft, would be great to have the whole section for safe standing.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 12:00]
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:07 - Dec 12 with 1370 viewscharmr

Thanks for reply.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 15:13]
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:20 - Dec 12 with 1343 viewsdaveB

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:55 - Dec 12 by robith

prefer if you don't - everyone has a designated space but had a few games where some people have bunched in to a space that wasn't theirs and it makes it a bit uncomfortable cos of the rails

this is where i think it will be problematic when it does go across all of the lower loft, and I've no doubt that will happen eventually. People are going to want to stand with their mates, probably at the back and will end up like away games in being a pain in the arse for stewards to sort out
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:37 - Dec 12 with 1322 viewsEsox_Lucius

Just a personal view. Back when the Loft was all terrace, chants such as "We're the Left side.... We're the right side... we're the centre of the Loft We are QPR said we are QPR" meant there was a co-ordinated level of support and volume which would run on for a few minutes and then picked up elsewhere. Now we have the Loft excluded when the Q/R block start singing the song among themselves and negates the potential for more noise.
There is also a problem with acoustics where I sit (MU) whereby the Q/R blocks sound carries but unless I lean over the front, it appears as though the SS is silent.
If, as mentioned a few times previously, the club are going to redevelop the stadium I hope that some of these issues will be redressed. IMO the home side should be stationed behind both goals with away fans on the side and away from the pitch as much as is possible. This is the case at many grounds and definitely makes a difference. Part of the Ellerslie Rd stand to be used as Family stand would also provide a level of cover during inclement weather, which they currently don't have, too.

The grass is always greener.

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:55 - Dec 12 with 1292 viewsrobith

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 15:37 - Dec 12 by Esox_Lucius

Just a personal view. Back when the Loft was all terrace, chants such as "We're the Left side.... We're the right side... we're the centre of the Loft We are QPR said we are QPR" meant there was a co-ordinated level of support and volume which would run on for a few minutes and then picked up elsewhere. Now we have the Loft excluded when the Q/R block start singing the song among themselves and negates the potential for more noise.
There is also a problem with acoustics where I sit (MU) whereby the Q/R blocks sound carries but unless I lean over the front, it appears as though the SS is silent.
If, as mentioned a few times previously, the club are going to redevelop the stadium I hope that some of these issues will be redressed. IMO the home side should be stationed behind both goals with away fans on the side and away from the pitch as much as is possible. This is the case at many grounds and definitely makes a difference. Part of the Ellerslie Rd stand to be used as Family stand would also provide a level of cover during inclement weather, which they currently don't have, too.

In P lower we someone always end up out of time with the stands above and it makes me noggin ring
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 16:55 - Dec 12 with 1198 viewslondonscottish

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 14:54 - Dec 12 by charmr

If you get tickets there can you stand anywhere

No you can't. I pay for two season tickets which are linked to two specific seats. Same as any s/t in any part of the ground.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 23:09 - Dec 13 with 1021 viewsdaveB

Do we mention that it was near silent in the safe standing tonight? Great to make noise when winning but if that had been called family stand tonight people would be moaning their tits off for everyone involved to be moved.

Yes I know this is petty
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 00:09 - Dec 14 with 951 viewsrobith

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 23:09 - Dec 13 by daveB

Do we mention that it was near silent in the safe standing tonight? Great to make noise when winning but if that had been called family stand tonight people would be moaning their tits off for everyone involved to be moved.

Yes I know this is petty

Yeah I think it's petty, because it was far from silent, far from raucous. I think the nature of Plymouth's rearguard action and our swaying attempts to break through put people on edge rather than trying to suck the ball into the net.

The crowd overall tonight had a classic Rangers "we've gone on a good run so people who don't go often show up expecting to be entertained" vibe
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 06:53 - Dec 14 with 880 viewsGaryBannister86

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 23:09 - Dec 13 by daveB

Yes I know this is petty

Ah the DaveB noise-o-meter out again!

Maybe we were stunned into silence by looking at it all going off in the family stand? I mean, that bit where Spark was launching the shirts into the end. That's what we come for. See, the Safe Standing can be petty too.

You don't mention that considering it was a midweek game, the turnout there was pretty good? That actually there was noise, missing your grouchy ear horn, but as many point out if it was actually the whole Loft then the noise would be greater.....

Also interestingly, seems quite often that people take non-QPR friends there or floaters. Been quite a few behind me. More likely to get them to "turn" if they are standing in a proper atmosphere?

Only irritation of the standing (yet again zero stewarding) for me is the Yoof who are perfectly tall enough sitting / standing on the seats and the rails, blocking the view of even tall people behind.

One last thing, it was itching to explode in there last night. If we had got one, would have been quite a celebration.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 7:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 10:00 - Dec 14 with 747 viewsdaveB

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 06:53 - Dec 14 by GaryBannister86

Ah the DaveB noise-o-meter out again!

Maybe we were stunned into silence by looking at it all going off in the family stand? I mean, that bit where Spark was launching the shirts into the end. That's what we come for. See, the Safe Standing can be petty too.

You don't mention that considering it was a midweek game, the turnout there was pretty good? That actually there was noise, missing your grouchy ear horn, but as many point out if it was actually the whole Loft then the noise would be greater.....

Also interestingly, seems quite often that people take non-QPR friends there or floaters. Been quite a few behind me. More likely to get them to "turn" if they are standing in a proper atmosphere?

Only irritation of the standing (yet again zero stewarding) for me is the Yoof who are perfectly tall enough sitting / standing on the seats and the rails, blocking the view of even tall people behind.

One last thing, it was itching to explode in there last night. If we had got one, would have been quite a celebration.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 7:13]

It was a bit tongue in cheek but whilst it is rightly praised when things go well thought it was worth a mention that it's not great all the time, standing up doesn't automatically mean the atmosphere is better

I thought last 25 mins last night when we needed something it was really quiet everywhere in the ground, as a typical wait for something to happen type atmosphere in the ground but thats where you kind of need the safe standing area to be leading things and getting the ground going.
Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 10:11 - Dec 14 with 726 viewsGaryBannister86

Safe Standing in Lower Loft on 10:00 - Dec 14 by daveB

It was a bit tongue in cheek but whilst it is rightly praised when things go well thought it was worth a mention that it's not great all the time, standing up doesn't automatically mean the atmosphere is better

I thought last 25 mins last night when we needed something it was really quiet everywhere in the ground, as a typical wait for something to happen type atmosphere in the ground but thats where you kind of need the safe standing area to be leading things and getting the ground going.

i don't disagree and it is a fair point. Let's not repeat the same debate over and over again, but my point is, in amongst it, there was chanting. But it needs the whole end with the acoustics to make an impact - hence my vote is to chuck out you reprobates with your 'orrible sprogs doing the crossword and replace with us fine upstanding people. And some flags.

I know you don't concur:-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024