Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull is for Heroes match thread 09:47 - Dec 8 with 52505 viewsE17hoop

Again, don't shoot the messenger if it all goes tits up.

QPR 0 - 1 Hull

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:28 - Dec 9 with 2683 viewsRangersw12

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:27 - Dec 9 by Boston

What was today's attendance?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:32 - Dec 9 with 2634 viewsBlackCrowe

So out of his depth. He was the QPR manager equivalent of Liz Truss.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:38 - Dec 9 with 2550 viewskensalriser

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:22 - Dec 9 by Rangersw12

Comment makes a bit more sense now

Didn't think Hull were all that tbh and played around the back very slowly but the rare occasions hey played it quickly they looked decent

Don't make mistakes then. We didn't, and deserved the win. Just the regular managerial sour grapes/denial of responsibility.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:44 - Dec 9 with 2503 viewsMatch82

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:57 - Dec 9 by Rangersw12

😂😂

Great, let's hope they keep asking, it's working!
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:46 - Dec 9 with 2469 viewsMatch82

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:38 - Dec 9 by kensalriser

Don't make mistakes then. We didn't, and deserved the win. Just the regular managerial sour grapes/denial of responsibility.

QPR players go to cifuentes to ask best way to press against tactical genius rosenior
QPR players follow instructions, press to win ball back and score goal.

Not sure you're making the point you think you're making there Leroy!
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:48 - Dec 9 with 2430 viewsMrSheen

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:38 - Dec 9 by kensalriser

Considering how good they looked up to the second goal, I thought they threw the towel in afterwards, pulling some of their better players off when they should have been desperate to score. Still, who cares, my first win since before the World Cup.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:58 - Dec 9 with 2312 viewsconnell10

Hull nice up to the final 3rd after that they were dog shite! I think that's down to both managers, one who knows how to defend and the other just making excuses!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:04 - Dec 9 with 2266 viewsE17hoop

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:55 - Dec 9 by FredManRave

Here's another stat;

E17 has yet to end on the losing side when he's started a Match Thread for QPR, starting 3 and winning all of them.

No other LFW poster has even come close, certainly not in the last 2 years, as QPR hsve only won 3 games in that time.

I'm just taking it one game at a time. I don't look at the table, just get back on the training ground and look at what I need to improve next time.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:05 - Dec 9 with 2258 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Very impressed with both teams today, both trying too play football which was enjoyable to watch.
Overall I thought Hull looked the more fluid, which is not surprising as Marti has only been here a few weeks.

The big positive for me is that I can see us getting better and better with him in charge.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:05 - Dec 9 with 2257 viewsjoe90

Brilliant result and performance!

An incredible turnaround in such a short period of time. The second goal in particular, it felt like we’d never score a goal like that under GA. I just don’t understand how the performances can be so different.

Looking forward to Wednesday and hopefully another 3 points.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:06 - Dec 9 with 2253 viewsnumptydumpty

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 18:28 - Dec 9 by Rangersw12

About the same as Stoke but for me, actual people present at least 2500 more than before.

This crowd today 16900 about right....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:18 - Dec 9 with 2146 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I could only watch the first 65 as I had to go out, we played so well, with shape and stuff that other teams do.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:19 - Dec 9 with 2145 viewsted_hendrix

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:57 - Dec 9 by Rangersw12

😂😂

Here's another statistic for Liam Rosenior to consider/ponder.

QPR 2 Hull City 0

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:26 - Dec 9 with 2089 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great result we looked a lot more solid in centre of the pitch and Chair in his central midfield role was superb. Begovic made some great saves, he really is a good shot stopper. Willock is re-born and what a great strike to score on half time. Marti Cifuentes has really changed the whole dynamic.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:28 - Dec 9 with 2073 viewsaston_hoop

Help me out here, did it look lik Willock was far more comfortable in full flow today? Saw him at full pace at times sprinting for the ball. With this new found confidence, is he trusting his body again? Just checking I didn't imagine this today

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:34 - Dec 9 with 2030 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:28 - Dec 9 by aston_hoop

Help me out here, did it look lik Willock was far more comfortable in full flow today? Saw him at full pace at times sprinting for the ball. With this new found confidence, is he trusting his body again? Just checking I didn't imagine this today

I just said the same thing to Orthodox_Hoop he looked like the old Willock.

SO good to see him and Illy enjoying playing again.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:35 - Dec 9 with 2001 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’ll confess, I never saw three in a row coming, much less consistent goals from Willock. I thought these players would take us down. Now I’m not as worried.

Thought we pushed our luck against Stoke and Preston at times but you can’t argue with 9 from 3.

Well done MC, pulled of the unlikely if not the impossible. We got a goodun here I reckon.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:36 - Dec 9 with 1978 viewsHooparoo

Another great result. What a turnaround. Marti is the real deal 😎

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:40 - Dec 9 with 1935 viewslassel

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 17:55 - Dec 9 by Antti_Heinola

Spot on this. Really clever tactic of Hull’s. I bet every right back is panicking about Philogene, so gets tugged wider. Twine then just stands in that pocket. Cannon didn’t know who to stay with. Then bizarrely Rosenior switched wings and Phil got injured anyway. Slice of luck, that.

They just switched to the other side and roasted Paal instead.
Time and again in the second half they pulled Paal out wide and the ball in between him and Clarke-Salter was on.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:42 - Dec 9 with 1911 viewstraininvain

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:28 - Dec 9 by aston_hoop

It’s taken a run of games and he’s gradually getting back up to speed. He might’ve lost a bit of his pace but still got a wand of a right foot and links up so well with Chair.
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:43 - Dec 9 with 1889 viewsnix

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 16:36 - Dec 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Criminal by the goalie to dawdle in possession in that situation, but superb work by Willock and then Armstrong to steal the ball, lovely calm assist by Willock, lovely calm finish by Chair.

We were saying in the first half that they were playing an insanely high line with some suicide passes back to the goalie. We nearly caught them out a few times but we thought that Armstrong's pace could really catch them out.

Don't think they had taken Sinclair into account as his pace is unreal and he'd already caused them some problems before the second goal.

Marti 1 - Rosenior 0
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:44 - Dec 9 with 1876 viewsMick_S

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:42 - Dec 9 by traininvain

It’s taken a run of games and he’s gradually getting back up to speed. He might’ve lost a bit of his pace but still got a wand of a right foot and links up so well with Chair.

The pace should come back - slowly, slowly. He’s being managed well and he’s trusting himself again because the boss can see what he’s got and believes in him.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:48 - Dec 9 with 1829 viewsMick_S

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:43 - Dec 9 by nix

We were saying in the first half that they were playing an insanely high line with some suicide passes back to the goalie. We nearly caught them out a few times but we thought that Armstrong's pace could really catch them out.

Don't think they had taken Sinclair into account as his pace is unreal and he'd already caused them some problems before the second goal.

Marti 1 - Rosenior 0

Without doubt, nix. They were dicking around at the back all day; it’s only a matter of time. Our second was, along with our high press, footballing suicide for them. Daft.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hull is for Heroes match thread on 19:56 - Dec 9 with 1759 viewsjoe90

Just want to add, love that Willock got the assist for Chairs goal!
Hull is for Heroes match thread on 20:02 - Dec 9 with 1717 viewsHarbour

The organisation the work rate the closing down the positional play against a very good Hull side well done rangers well done Marti what an incredible change in performance. Chris goal fantastic and well done Sinclair for making the second goal…and the crowd today really got behind the team especially when we were under the cosh. Loved the confidence Marti has to make the telling subs and they are really stepping up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024