Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich league cup match thread. 21:16 - Aug 15 with 39914 viewsqpr_1968

i'll be there again as usual.

can't be on here to commentate.

1-1, win on pens.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Norwich league cup match thread. on 22:30 - Aug 16 with 3878 viewsBushRanger82

Norwich league cup match thread. on 21:55 - Aug 16 by Hooparoo

Fck the league cup. Staying up is the only mission this season

With attitudes like that, no wonder we have such a shite honours list.
Let's at least pretend we want to win something, anything, eh?
Norwich league cup match thread. on 22:33 - Aug 16 with 3827 viewsBklynRanger

Lyndon walked past us in the paddocks and didn't look comfortable at all to me - moving stiffly, not happy. Not good I fear.

Didn't see the point of playing Albert for that long - would have liked to see Drewe on earlier.

Lt Uruhu looked like a decent player for the time he was on - had a bit of sharpness about him.

Richards actually seemed to wake up more towards the last 20 minutes - maybe he's part camel.

Lovely weather, typical cup bullshit at the end. We will hopefully have a bit more depth by the time the other one creeps round.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 6:14]
Norwich league cup match thread. on 22:36 - Aug 16 with 3755 viewsBushRanger82

Was appalled to see so many changes to Saturday's team, almost turned on my heel and walked out.
Glad I didn't. That was the best performance in a cup game I have seen in years.
That wasn't easy for Norwich, and they know it.
I don't like us losing games, but if we must, then that's the way to do it.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 22:51 - Aug 16 with 3519 viewsWegerles_Stairs

We played well. Shame about the ending - just don't let them near your goal in the last 30 seconds of the match. Tackle them, boot it clear, foul them, just don't let them do that! You could see it coming as well.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 22:58 - Aug 16 with 3441 viewsWatford_Ranger

Norwich league cup match thread. on 22:12 - Aug 16 by MrSheen

Master Sheen’s lowlight - Richards totally off the pace
Highlight - he got his picture taken with Jude after. He’s 24.

Yeah really disappointing. We needed him to be the outlet and he did nothing at all. Just drifted through the game while the rest of the midfield (including Dozzell!!!!) were ratting around.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 23:01 - Aug 16 with 3423 viewsHunterhoop

We played well with a very inexperienced team. Didn’t deserve to lose (nor win, tbf).

System work. Played football on the deck. Just didn’t get enough players into the box and around Dykes. But tidy, and everyone worked hard. None of the kids disgraced themselves.

Pretty positive, tbh.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 23:13 - Aug 16 with 3301 viewsstowmarketrange

Norwich league cup match thread. on 21:53 - Aug 16 by FDC

So what happened to the 30 seconds added time for the goal?Not that it would’ve done us any good.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 23:39 - Aug 16 with 3138 viewsdavman

Norwich league cup match thread. on 21:16 - Aug 16 by PlanetHonneywood

Here's hoping Aoraha can bore my arSe less.

Great work.

Under appreciated by the heathens on here.

Up vote from me.

Keep this standard of post up!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich league cup match thread. on 23:50 - Aug 16 with 3075 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Norwich league cup match thread. on 23:13 - Aug 16 by stowmarketrange

So what happened to the 30 seconds added time for the goal?Not that it would’ve done us any good.

They scored literally as the click went to 88. That was the end.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 23:52 - Aug 16 with 3076 viewsdavman

Just home. Roads remarkably quiet tonight.

Pleased that GA and RD have learned how to set a defence up to be solid and compact. We looked solid tonight.

BUT it has come at the expense of an attacking presence. We had nothing going forward imo and whilst they didn't look like scoring, neither did we.

Take Chair and Willock out of this squad and I seriously cannot see us scoring more than 30-35 goals all season. Who is going to score without them?

Dykes and Armstrong won't get more than 16-18 between them. Smyth maybe 4 or 5. Beyond them? A few from the CBs and our non-scoring midfield. Quite frightening really.

SDM looked good, Field amazing aside from one almighty cock up that almost cost us. Ozzie back to his steady self thankfully. Sideshow and Uhoura looked good. Not a lot of flair on show though and Lyndon's injury will be a killer.

Wasn't going to go, but glad I did. Yeah we lost, but me and the lad had a larf...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Norwich league cup match thread. on 23:59 - Aug 16 with 3054 viewsRanger_1969

Norwich league cup match thread. on 23:01 - Aug 16 by Hunterhoop

We played well with a very inexperienced team. Didn’t deserve to lose (nor win, tbf).

System work. Played football on the deck. Just didn’t get enough players into the box and around Dykes. But tidy, and everyone worked hard. None of the kids disgraced themselves.

Pretty positive, tbh.

Agree 100% Haven't felt this positive following a defeat for a very long time.

It was good to see so many academy graduates on the pitch tonight and they gave it their all.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 07:04 - Aug 17 with 2606 viewsHooparoo

Norwich league cup match thread. on 22:04 - Aug 16 by stainrods_elbow

Yes, indeed - f*ck the only cup we 've (mangificently) won!

Learn some history and grow some respect, or maybe just shut the f*ck up, eh?

Perhaps if you remembered to take your meds your spelling would improve. Oh, and by the way, Simon called. He wants his elbow back

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Norwich league cup match thread. on 07:29 - Aug 17 with 2494 viewsstevec

Norwich league cup match thread. on 22:12 - Aug 16 by MrSheen

Master Sheen’s lowlight - Richards totally off the pace
Highlight - he got his picture taken with Jude after. He’s 24.

To be fair, I’m almost 64 and I’d much rather have my photo taken with Jude.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 08:20 - Aug 17 with 2315 viewsdmm

Just wanted to agree with the majority view in this thread that the youngsters all did well and will have learned a lot from the experience. The new team shape looked solid and I hope we stick with it. I've been to far worse cup games than this one and actually quite enjoyed it.

This season I don't care about this cup competition, it's all about survival in the league. Not progressing in this competition is not a disaster for our paper thin squad.

Still no Willock on view. It'll be interesting if he'll has to play on Saturday should Dykes's injury rule him out.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 08:55 - Aug 17 with 2134 viewsR_from_afar

Norwich league cup match thread. on 22:58 - Aug 16 by Watford_Ranger

Yeah really disappointing. We needed him to be the outlet and he did nothing at all. Just drifted through the game while the rest of the midfield (including Dozzell!!!!) were ratting around.

So that's two decent performances in a row from Dozzell! Gosh, perhaps he is going to make the grade. I hope I haven't now jinxed him.

Paul Parker on Radio London said we put in a shift and by all accounts, our very young and inexperienced team were very competitive and absolutely not outclassed. Some real positives from that defeat, well done my team.

I just hope Dykes isn't out for long. Gulp.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Norwich league cup match thread. on 10:13 - Aug 17 with 1958 viewsTheChef

Norwich league cup match thread. on 21:54 - Aug 16 by BrianWilson

Hard to find someone who hates playing football more than him....

Has Archer completed a first team match for us yet?

We sure know how to find em

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Norwich league cup match thread. on 10:51 - Aug 17 with 1842 viewsSonofpugwash

I'm surprised we got this far to be quite honest.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Norwich league cup match thread. on 11:21 - Aug 17 with 1752 viewsWatford_Ranger

Norwich league cup match thread. on 08:55 - Aug 17 by R_from_afar

So that's two decent performances in a row from Dozzell! Gosh, perhaps he is going to make the grade. I hope I haven't now jinxed him.

Paul Parker on Radio London said we put in a shift and by all accounts, our very young and inexperienced team were very competitive and absolutely not outclassed. Some real positives from that defeat, well done my team.

I just hope Dykes isn't out for long. Gulp.

I wouldn’t go that far. He wasn’t abysmal but again did nothing in an attacking sense. Made the occasional tackle but that’s an improvement. I wouldn’t say he was good at Cardiff but coming after that Watford performance anything would have seemed like a renaissance. A generous 6/10 in both after the 2/10 there.

However I thought Field was great in the middle of the three. I guess Cook would play there logically but if he’s out then having Field there with Duke and A.N. Other in midfield could be our best bet. Slim pickings.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 12:49 - Aug 17 with 1623 viewsMalintabuk

Norwich league cup match thread. on 23:52 - Aug 16 by davman

Just home. Roads remarkably quiet tonight.

Pleased that GA and RD have learned how to set a defence up to be solid and compact. We looked solid tonight.

BUT it has come at the expense of an attacking presence. We had nothing going forward imo and whilst they didn't look like scoring, neither did we.

Take Chair and Willock out of this squad and I seriously cannot see us scoring more than 30-35 goals all season. Who is going to score without them?

Dykes and Armstrong won't get more than 16-18 between them. Smyth maybe 4 or 5. Beyond them? A few from the CBs and our non-scoring midfield. Quite frightening really.

SDM looked good, Field amazing aside from one almighty cock up that almost cost us. Ozzie back to his steady self thankfully. Sideshow and Uhoura looked good. Not a lot of flair on show though and Lyndon's injury will be a killer.

Wasn't going to go, but glad I did. Yeah we lost, but me and the lad had a larf...

Cold light of day post... thought there was less than 80000 in last night to be honest
Saw the team and have to say was not too hopeful at the start of anything other than a hiding, but the boys equipped themselves well, and it was only when Norwich brought on the 3 subs that we looked under it.
The result was fair especially on evidence of the last quarter of the match when we were backs to the wall... about 5 or 6 corners on the trot and Barnes should have scored that header
Was talking to the lads after the game and though the realistic extra time that is going to be added, was needed to raid the games of time wasting, but it was felt that it will once again benefit the richer clubs with the better squads. This 5 subs per game, but now can have 9 on the bench, it can only help them.... so after 70 mins you can send in the cavalry knowing that you can have perhaps an extra 30+ mins rather than 20+ to affect the game... it is going to be interesting
Only downer... Still never scored.... never looked like scoring either...
Norwich league cup match thread. on 12:53 - Aug 17 with 1603 viewsNov77

Norwich league cup match thread. on 12:49 - Aug 17 by Malintabuk

Cold light of day post... thought there was less than 80000 in last night to be honest
Saw the team and have to say was not too hopeful at the start of anything other than a hiding, but the boys equipped themselves well, and it was only when Norwich brought on the 3 subs that we looked under it.
The result was fair especially on evidence of the last quarter of the match when we were backs to the wall... about 5 or 6 corners on the trot and Barnes should have scored that header
Was talking to the lads after the game and though the realistic extra time that is going to be added, was needed to raid the games of time wasting, but it was felt that it will once again benefit the richer clubs with the better squads. This 5 subs per game, but now can have 9 on the bench, it can only help them.... so after 70 mins you can send in the cavalry knowing that you can have perhaps an extra 30+ mins rather than 20+ to affect the game... it is going to be interesting
Only downer... Still never scored.... never looked like scoring either...

We always get less than 80000😉

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Norwich league cup match thread. on 12:57 - Aug 17 with 1580 viewsMalintabuk

Norwich league cup match thread. on 12:53 - Aug 17 by Nov77

We always get less than 80000😉

Lol fat fingers
Norwich league cup match thread. on 13:18 - Aug 17 with 1515 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just looking at their goal - I don't know how it's their throw-in.
Norwich league cup match thread. on 13:31 - Aug 17 with 1467 viewsR_from_afar

Norwich league cup match thread. on 11:21 - Aug 17 by Watford_Ranger

I wouldn’t go that far. He wasn’t abysmal but again did nothing in an attacking sense. Made the occasional tackle but that’s an improvement. I wouldn’t say he was good at Cardiff but coming after that Watford performance anything would have seemed like a renaissance. A generous 6/10 in both after the 2/10 there.

However I thought Field was great in the middle of the three. I guess Cook would play there logically but if he’s out then having Field there with Duke and A.N. Other in midfield could be our best bet. Slim pickings.

OK thanks for that insight. I tend to cling on to the smallest glimmer of hope these days!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Norwich league cup match thread. on 13:34 - Aug 17 with 1428 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Norwich league cup match thread. on 11:21 - Aug 17 by Watford_Ranger

I thought it was Field who got beaten for the header for the winning goal.

I like him, but he got caught by simple movement. It's not his natural position, and it showed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Norwich league cup match thread. on 13:37 - Aug 17 with 1399 viewsCateLeBonR

I can’t remember anything good that he did but then I can’t remember anything bad either. 5/10 for me.

*edit - talking about Dozzell
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 13:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024