Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trevor Francis 13:20 - Jul 24 with 11294 viewsloftboy

Hope this is bollocks:

Trevor Francis Death – Former Nottingham Forest Footballer Trevor Francis of Birmingham City has been rumored to have passed away at the age of 69. As at the time this report was made the news of his alleged demise has sent shockwaves through the football community and fans around the world. As of now, this information remains unconfirmed, and no official statements have been released by the family regarding Trevor Francis’s passing.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Trevor Francis on 15:43 - Jul 24 with 2380 viewsdigswellhoop

cant believe only 5 England caps like stan and all other flair players in that time woeful treatment of players
Trevor Francis on 15:44 - Jul 24 with 2382 viewsgazza1

RIP Trevor Francis......was good for the Rangers and for most of the Clubs that he was associated with.
Trevor Francis on 15:47 - Jul 24 with 2368 viewsconnell10

Trevor Francis scored some beauts for us ....RIP

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Trevor Francis on 15:51 - Jul 24 with 2333 viewsPaddyhoops

RIP. A fine player
Trevor Francis on 15:55 - Jul 24 with 2314 views81A

Trevor Francis on 15:43 - Jul 24 by digswellhoop

cant believe only 5 England caps like stan and all other flair players in that time woeful treatment of players

52 caps.

RIP
Trevor Francis on 15:55 - Jul 24 with 2310 viewsRs_Holy

Trevor Francis on 15:44 - Jul 24 by gazza1

RIP Trevor Francis......was good for the Rangers and for most of the Clubs that he was associated with.

played 5 years in Italy which tells you all you need to know about how good we was...
Trevor Francis on 16:16 - Jul 24 with 2210 viewsflynnbo

No mention of us in Sky's report. Nice.
Trevor Francis on 16:22 - Jul 24 with 2186 viewsterryb

RIP Trevor.

I can remember his first appearance at Loftus Road, with the club programme going on about how we had our own wonderkid named Francis!

69 is no age & I can't get over ex players that are younger than me dying.
Login to get fewer ads

Trevor Francis on 16:31 - Jul 24 with 2139 viewsloftus77

Yes - very sad. RIP Trevor Francis and Best Wishes to his family.

I remember the 3-2 win against Liverpool in 1989? at home when his wife ran down the SAR stairs and hugged him. The 3-2 at Villa obviously ('QPR boss showed 'em how').

Always came across as a really nice guy and, as our player-manager, tried always to be honest with fans and manage expectations.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 16:33]
Trevor Francis on 16:34 - Jul 24 with 2113 viewsizlingtonhoop

Trevor Francis on 16:31 - Jul 24 by loftus77

I remember the 3-2 win against Liverpool in 1989? at home when his wife ran down the SAR stairs and hugged him. The 3-2 at Villa obviously ('QPR boss showed 'em how').

Always came across as a really nice guy and, as our player-manager, tried always to be honest with fans and manage expectations.

Yep. The 3-2 liverpool win!

I'll never forget that afternoon.

Thanks Trev

Particularly remember this evening too...

[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 16:37]
Trevor Francis on 16:41 - Jul 24 with 2066 viewsnumptydumpty

RIP Trevor.

Very sad to hear this news.

Wonderful player and probably underachieved as a manager.

For me, personality, ability and professionalism, was similar with Ray Wilkins.

Did well for us and wished he could have had longer with ourselves.

Randomly, my uncle after an acrimonious split with his second wife, needed a place to stay with his then girlfriend and not short of a bob or two, he rented the lodge cottage within Trevors home at Wentworth golf course.

The only sport my Uncle had any interest in, was formula one, and when he came to view the property, Trevor said to my Uncle you don't know who I am, not in an arrogant way, just at the time he was a familiar face on the television, and he was pleasantly surprised that my Uncle was unaware of anything about him.

In fact, he regularly invited my uncle and his lady to dinner in the house and he said he always enjoyed chatting with my Uncle because he could talk about other things other than football.

Obviously 99% of his conversations with Jo Public were about football.

My Uncle used to say what a genuinely nice man Trevor was.

Very unassuming given his great achievements but anyone who does well under Brian Clough, he must have a bit of steel about himself too.

Really sad to hear this news.

Rest easy up there Trevor.

Definitely gone way too soon.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 17:06]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Trevor Francis on 16:42 - Jul 24 with 2042 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great player RIP, so good we got to see him in a QPR shirt in the late 80s.
Trevor Francis on 16:50 - Jul 24 with 2011 viewsloftboy

Trevor Francis on 16:31 - Jul 24 by loftus77

The Villa game was 3-1 , it was Francis who actually persuaded Wilkins to come to us, got the sack the week he arrived, what a midfield that would have been.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Trevor Francis on 16:51 - Jul 24 with 2011 viewsQPROslo

RIP Trevor.
Trevor Francis on 16:59 - Jul 24 with 1965 viewspadstow

I bought one of his tracksuits from mush in Shepherds Bush....

RIP
Trevor Francis on 17:17 - Jul 24 with 1909 viewsHayesender

I'll never forget my first trip to Villa Park. Firstly to witness that hat-trick, and secondly I got arrested for having the cheek to stop a policeman's truncheon with my head.

RIP Trev

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Trevor Francis on 17:53 - Jul 24 with 1804 viewslightwaterhoop

Very sad to hear this bad news.We were lucky to see players of the calibre of Trevor playing for Rangers even if he was passed his best.Got to admit my main memory of him as a player was scoring the winning goal for Forest in the European cup final.

RIP Trevor Francis
Trevor Francis on 17:57 - Jul 24 with 1788 viewsJuzzie

Trevor Francis on 15:23 - Jul 24 by BexleyHoop

RIP Trevor. Great player, not so great manager. Remember the Villa & Charlton goals.

1st £1 million pound English player departs us on the same day a Saudi club bids £249 million for Mbappe.

Football world has gone mad. How the hell will the Saudi club meet FFP!

(they don't need to because FFP is a UEFA ruling [unless that was tongue-in-cheek!])

RIP Trevor. Yes, great player, manager..... less so.
Trevor Francis on 18:15 - Jul 24 with 1735 viewsHooping_Mad

RIP Trevor, great player.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Trevor Francis on 19:04 - Jul 24 with 1582 viewsSnipper

We’ve been very lucky to have had players like Trevor Francis and Ray Wilkins play, and even manage us.

When Trevor was appointed QPR player manager, Brian Clough said TF was far too nice to be a football manager. I think TF wanted to prove Cloughie wrong, so he developed a ruthless streak which he probably didn’t want to have.
He didn’t cover himself with glory over the Martin Allen issue.

Rest in Eternal Peace, Trevor. 🙏
Trevor Francis on 19:06 - Jul 24 with 1578 viewssprocket

Undoubtedly a wonderful football player. Not many memories of him as QPR manager. Didn't he have a run in with Martin Allen?

From everything I have read today seemed like a really decent man. RIP.
Trevor Francis on 19:07 - Jul 24 with 1566 viewsqpr1976

Trevor Francis on 16:41 - Jul 24 by numptydumpty

RIP Trevor.

Very sad to hear this news.

Wonderful player and probably underachieved as a manager.

For me, personality, ability and professionalism, was similar with Ray Wilkins.

Did well for us and wished he could have had longer with ourselves.

Randomly, my uncle after an acrimonious split with his second wife, needed a place to stay with his then girlfriend and not short of a bob or two, he rented the lodge cottage within Trevors home at Wentworth golf course.

The only sport my Uncle had any interest in, was formula one, and when he came to view the property, Trevor said to my Uncle you don't know who I am, not in an arrogant way, just at the time he was a familiar face on the television, and he was pleasantly surprised that my Uncle was unaware of anything about him.

In fact, he regularly invited my uncle and his lady to dinner in the house and he said he always enjoyed chatting with my Uncle because he could talk about other things other than football.

Obviously 99% of his conversations with Jo Public were about football.

My Uncle used to say what a genuinely nice man Trevor was.

Very unassuming given his great achievements but anyone who does well under Brian Clough, he must have a bit of steel about himself too.

Really sad to hear this news.

Rest easy up there Trevor.

Definitely gone way too soon.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 17:06]

Love that.
I’ve played Wentworth and seen his pad.
Bravo
Trevor Francis on 19:42 - Jul 24 with 1446 viewsNed_Kennedys

Trevor Francis on 14:26 - Jul 24 by Rs_Holy

RIP Trev...thanks for the memories ...

Was there with my old man in the seating I think: mad when you see how empty the away end was in those days compared to nowadays when our team is so much poorer than back then.

Best hat trick I have ever seen for us I think.

Loved him as a player, wish he played for us longer.

Thought he was alright as manager too: perhaps under valued by the fans considering some of the jokers we have had as managers since then.

Thanks for the great memories Trevor: may you rest in peace.
Trevor Francis on 20:08 - Jul 24 with 1390 viewsdigswellhoop

Trevor Francis on 15:55 - Jul 24 by 81A

52 caps.

RIP

sorry wrong again
Trevor Francis on 20:26 - Jul 24 with 1365 viewsSonofpugwash

Such sad news.

"Those whom the Gods love die young"

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024