Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris you Git (non qpr) 21:04 - Mar 22 with 10336 viewsloftboy

So Boris said “ there was hundreds of aides to thank for working through lockdown, I couldn’t ring them all so a reunion was the only answer”
Well you lying moralless arsehole, the very same month my Dad passed away, my mum who he was married to for 65+years was literally banned from leaving her care home and attending his funeral, along with many of his grand children , friends and other relatives due to a restriction on numbers.
Whilst all the time they are holding parties and gatherings in Downing Street,
I will never ever believe another word that comes out of any Tories mouth and will never ever vote for them again.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 19:27 - Mar 23 with 2089 viewshubble

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 19:15 - Mar 23 by kensalriser

It's not at all hard to find unevidenced conspiracy crap because there's a wall of it out there, quite a lot of it funded by far right billionaire ventures. Or it's monetised misinformation by people following the Alex Jones business model.

None of this crap like the stuff Sakura is obsessively belching up belongs on this forum.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 19:17]

I don't know why you act like this mate when anyone posts something you disagree with, all hyperbole and vitriol. But anyway, there is a plethora of evidence out there that has nothing whatsoever to with Alex Jones or the 'far right' (with whom you seem obsessed). Without wanting to turn this into another one of "those" threads, I will cite you one example, from your beloved Guardian, no less: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/26/covid-virus-likely-laboratory-leak

And I don't think you get to decide what belongs on this forum.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 19:35 - Mar 23 with 2029 viewsSonofpugwash

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 19:27 - Mar 23 by hubble

I don't know why you act like this mate when anyone posts something you disagree with, all hyperbole and vitriol. But anyway, there is a plethora of evidence out there that has nothing whatsoever to with Alex Jones or the 'far right' (with whom you seem obsessed). Without wanting to turn this into another one of "those" threads, I will cite you one example, from your beloved Guardian, no less: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/26/covid-virus-likely-laboratory-leak

Yes,the human ego is a wondrous thing.It would rather aggressively believe lies and propaganda than admit it f*cked up.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 19:41 - Mar 23 with 2011 viewsSakura

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 19:16 - Mar 23 by PunteR

There's enough people on both sides of the argument. Don't even bother with the bully angle and getting shouted down. It goes on from both sides. You are not alone in your opinion and yes there's plenty of evidence to back up what you are saying but thats not your point is it. You whole point in joining this discussion was for a good old fashioned told you so. When actually there's plenty of reasons why decisions where made at the time, that where right.

Telling someone to "shut your fking cake hole for once" is bullying. Plain and simple

But the abuse dished out when everyone was terrified because they misunderstood the severity of the threat they faced (outside of the most at risk age groups, and risk factors) and the long term consequences of the way that we were going about responding to it was actually pretty vicious

The disdain and hatred was made clear for those who held which was (no matter how you may wish reframe history) very much a minority view in terms of what was expressed publicly at least.

If you challenged (with sources and data) the establishment narrative it was made clear by a vocal and sizeable chunk of posters that you were seen as a selfish scum bag, a “conspiracy theorist”

It very much was bullying and abusive.

Some people are deeply ingrained into this. Kensal Riser opinion is clearly quite comical when you see him calling people such as Dr Makary and Dr Redfield "conspiracy theorists"
Boris you Git (non qpr) on 19:47 - Mar 23 with 2013 viewsPunteR

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 19:41 - Mar 23 by Sakura

Telling someone to "shut your fking cake hole for once" is bullying. Plain and simple

But the abuse dished out when everyone was terrified because they misunderstood the severity of the threat they faced (outside of the most at risk age groups, and risk factors) and the long term consequences of the way that we were going about responding to it was actually pretty vicious

The disdain and hatred was made clear for those who held which was (no matter how you may wish reframe history) very much a minority view in terms of what was expressed publicly at least.

If you challenged (with sources and data) the establishment narrative it was made clear by a vocal and sizeable chunk of posters that you were seen as a selfish scum bag, a “conspiracy theorist”

Some people are deeply ingrained into this. Kensal Riser opinion is clearly quite comical when you see him calling people such as Dr Makary and Dr Redfield "conspiracy theorists"

It's plain and simple alright.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 19:59 - Mar 23 with 2008 viewsBostonR

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 15:04 - Mar 23 by kensalriser

The usual anti-science and anti-reality gibberish from the forum's premier nutter.

You’re spot-on with your conclusion. I find it laughable; that the notion that there is actual accurate scientific data to illustrate the efficacy of the vaccines is out there now.
People generally do not understand how the scientific statistics on this stuff is compiled. It is literally going to take many years to get the answer, given the geographical spread of where the vaccines were delivered and differences in population and country management. There is an army of medical statisticians working on it at Pharma companies and global health services.
There was a recent article in a medical journal that had some very initial data albeit a small group. The conclusion seems to be that the vaccines had a positive impact on controlling the virus.
Also, Pharma companies just don’t make these vaccines up in a kitchen pot. They have invested £Billions in vaccine banks where they hold candidates. For example, Johnson & Johnson used its SAR2 vaccine as a base to create its vaccine.
Boris you Git (non qpr) on 20:32 - Mar 23 with 1925 viewsSakura

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 19:59 - Mar 23 by BostonR

You’re spot-on with your conclusion. I find it laughable; that the notion that there is actual accurate scientific data to illustrate the efficacy of the vaccines is out there now.
People generally do not understand how the scientific statistics on this stuff is compiled. It is literally going to take many years to get the answer, given the geographical spread of where the vaccines were delivered and differences in population and country management. There is an army of medical statisticians working on it at Pharma companies and global health services.
There was a recent article in a medical journal that had some very initial data albeit a small group. The conclusion seems to be that the vaccines had a positive impact on controlling the virus.
Also, Pharma companies just don’t make these vaccines up in a kitchen pot. They have invested £Billions in vaccine banks where they hold candidates. For example, Johnson & Johnson used its SAR2 vaccine as a base to create its vaccine.

None of what you have written there is in any way related to anything I have written.

Which part of my posts were “anti-scientific”?

I don’t see the correlation between what I posted and what you have written in response to a post that was insulting me without any basis or supporting argument/ evidence
Boris you Git (non qpr) on 20:46 - Mar 23 with 1918 viewsQPR_Jim

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 19:41 - Mar 23 by Sakura

If you tell people to keep their elders and vulnerable people locked up so you can carry on as normal, expect a strong response.

As it is, having it rife amongst the population would have still increased the risks to the vulnerable. You state fatality rates but the key thing with covid was how infectious it was and how easily it could have (and did) stretch the NHS to breaking point. No good having half the population going around living their normal life getting into trouble (car crash etc) and being turned away from A&E because it's full of people fighting covid. We needed to sacrifice collectively to protect those who were vulnerable.

I understand that this is at a financial cost but I guess the question is how many people would you kill to avoid the financial impacts if you could? 100k, 1m? What death toll would be acceptable to keep our national debt down?

The issue with mental health is not to be ignored but the impact lockdown had on individuals could have been mitigated if there was political will to do so. I was reading about "ghost children" who didn't return to education after lockdown and it was quite clear that how the schools reacted to lockdown directly effected the rates of children leaving education or having mental health issues. More support and communication can help mental health while we had very little to help with covid.

Anyway getting back on topic, that Johnson's a lying git isn't he.
Boris you Git (non qpr) on 20:52 - Mar 23 with 1901 viewskensalriser

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 19:27 - Mar 23 by hubble

I'm just tired of all the bullshit and misinformation. It's not even as if there's any shortage of real stuff to get animated about when we have the nastiest, most incompetent government anyone can remember and still have the subject of this thread blustering and lying to the nation for all he's worth.

Of course I don't get to decide what should be here, but I can offer my opinion, and that opinion happens to more or less coincide with what Clive has said numerous times.

Not sure why you think I love the Guardian. From what I've seen lately it's turned into a Rishi Sunak fan club.

Anyway, that's enough for me here, I'm back to this excellent game of football.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 20:54]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 22:17 - Mar 23 with 1788 viewsBostonR

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 20:32 - Mar 23 by Sakura

None of what you have written there is in any way related to anything I have written.

Which part of my posts were “anti-scientific”?

I don’t see the correlation between what I posted and what you have written in response to a post that was insulting me without any basis or supporting argument/ evidence

Well, I wasn’t responding directly to. Not sure why your calling me out unless you disagree with what I have written?
Boris you Git (non qpr) on 22:48 - Mar 23 with 1746 viewsSydneyRs

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 18:26 - Mar 23 by hubble

Actually there is mate. And it's not hard to find.

Is it filed with the twin towers conspiracy theories?
Boris you Git (non qpr) on 23:06 - Mar 23 with 1732 viewsSydneyRs

Hindsight is a wonderful thing now that everything is open again and the virus is abating as a threat. Personally believe vaccines played a huge part in getting it under control.

Anyway, back to Johnson as this thread has gone somewhat off piste.

Whatever you think of the rules, the rules were there and supposed to apply to everyone. As has been discussed people endured horrible situations being unable to visit sick relatives etc while Johnson did whatever the hell he liked. The Queen sat alone at her husband's funeral.

If, as he claims, he could not understand what were quite simple rules and didn't know he was breaking them, he doesn't sound like a person that should be in any form of high office.

And its not just that he's lied about. He's also a remainer who changed sides to gain power, misled parliament and told countless other fibs to further his own career and status regardless of who got shafted. He's about as far removed from the common man as it is possible to be, but has funny hair. Sorry, but if you still support him after everything he's done you're a bloody idiot.

I see the Starmer beer got brought up again. Can't be bothered to go into why it was a different situation under different rules again. All we need now is another hilarious Dianne Abbott meme to complete the bingo card.
Boris you Git (non qpr) on 23:44 - Mar 23 with 1690 viewshubble

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 22:48 - Mar 23 by SydneyRs

Is it filed with the twin towers conspiracy theories?

Oh dear.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 00:36 - Mar 24 with 1668 viewsPunteR

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 18:52 - Mar 23 by Sakura

Actually you are completely and utterly wrong in your statement that, "No one knew what was going on or what the best course of action was"

And you're being disingenuous when you say, "get advice on a global pandemic from a football forum"

What was being done was that people were quoting sources that weren't being highlighted or used in MSM. In April 2020 there were posts on this forum citing data, I remember clearly at the time it being dismissed because it was collated by "a doctor from Rotherham hospital"

It was explained with sources that Covid mainly affected elderly and that for younger people it was extremely rare and the risk was shown for younger age groups in relation to things like the flu. That led to abuse. Just as you are dishing out now

After Bill Gates dumped his stock in pharmaceutical companies he though came around to the opinion that was being cited with sources and data on this forum in April 2020

There is a mountain of info out there disproving your statements and as today I have shown with reputable sources of this information that show that there were people who did know much more than you want to believe

If only people were less like you and didn't just bully and shout people down who pointed this out. Maybe then we wouldn't be in such a mess
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 18:54]

"If only people were less like you and didn't just bully and shout people down who pointed this out. Maybe then we wouldn't be in such a mess."

People like me?.
You have no idea about me. I just tried following the rules in unprecedented times while People like you tried to stir things up, putting stuff up on the Internet based on other conspiracy or agendas on the Internet which did nothing more than cause confusion, panic , stress, paranoia amongst everyday folks that don't sit there online trying to find "evidence" to try and back up crack pot theories.
You might have a point, you might even be right but who the fk are you?
I mean seriously? Who are you,? what's your medical background? What's your history in science, economics, politics?. Why the fk would I listen to you?
Your the one trying to intimidate, bully and stir up shit..
If i want to find out about stuff and just do some research I have an abundance of information at my finger tips online. The last place I'll go to find out about what to do in a pandemic is go on a football site.
This site is good but it's not that good. I don't come on here to find out the meaning of life. Its good for football, music, London pubs, and other pop culture stuff. And Danny Paddox.
And aren't you the one that's got it in for Clive, giving him grief at any given opportunity? And you say im the bully?.
Nah fk off mate.

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 08:02 - Mar 24 with 1475 viewsSakura

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 00:36 - Mar 24 by PunteR

"If only people were less like you and didn't just bully and shout people down who pointed this out. Maybe then we wouldn't be in such a mess."

People like me?.
You have no idea about me. I just tried following the rules in unprecedented times while People like you tried to stir things up, putting stuff up on the Internet based on other conspiracy or agendas on the Internet which did nothing more than cause confusion, panic , stress, paranoia amongst everyday folks that don't sit there online trying to find "evidence" to try and back up crack pot theories.
You might have a point, you might even be right but who the fk are you?
I mean seriously? Who are you,? what's your medical background? What's your history in science, economics, politics?. Why the fk would I listen to you?
Your the one trying to intimidate, bully and stir up shit..
If i want to find out about stuff and just do some research I have an abundance of information at my finger tips online. The last place I'll go to find out about what to do in a pandemic is go on a football site.
This site is good but it's not that good. I don't come on here to find out the meaning of life. Its good for football, music, London pubs, and other pop culture stuff. And Danny Paddox.
And aren't you the one that's got it in for Clive, giving him grief at any given opportunity? And you say im the bully?.
Nah fk off mate.

You are a perfect example, tell me to "shut my cake hole" and fck off. Say without any foundation, not a single example given to back up your statement of it being conspiracy theories and disinformation.

It's now clear the dangerous disinformation was on the other side of the argument, for example;

It's because of disinformation like this that many people came to the wrong conclusions

I said you were being disingenuous when you dismissively said get your information off a football forum but that would mean you were conscious of what you are doing. It's much deeper than that

As Bill Gates now says Covid was "like flu" but you didnt understand that at the time. Well actually some people did and they cited scientific studies that proved it and now with time as the fear has dissipated many more people recognise that those pointing that out were right. It isn't a coincidence. It was that critical thinking was applied

If that had been better and more widely understood then we might have dealt with the virus in a more proportionate way and not bankrupted the country in the process. With the effects of that still yet to really work their way through it will become clearer to likes of Jim that we should have saved our nations bank balance for the challenges that are ahead and not paid healthy 20 year olds thousands of pounds to stay at home

You won't change your mind. I get that. But more people do realise they were tricked and overreacted and that those posing a different viewpoint weren't crazy, they were just listening to scientific sources and applying the critical thinking that meant they were able to override what the MSM were wrongly telling them to think
[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 8:04]
Boris you Git (non qpr) on 08:57 - Mar 24 with 1425 viewsQPR_Jim

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 08:02 - Mar 24 by Sakura

You are a perfect example, tell me to "shut my cake hole" and fck off. Say without any foundation, not a single example given to back up your statement of it being conspiracy theories and disinformation.

It's now clear the dangerous disinformation was on the other side of the argument, for example;

It's because of disinformation like this that many people came to the wrong conclusions

I said you were being disingenuous when you dismissively said get your information off a football forum but that would mean you were conscious of what you are doing. It's much deeper than that

As Bill Gates now says Covid was "like flu" but you didnt understand that at the time. Well actually some people did and they cited scientific studies that proved it and now with time as the fear has dissipated many more people recognise that those pointing that out were right. It isn't a coincidence. It was that critical thinking was applied

If that had been better and more widely understood then we might have dealt with the virus in a more proportionate way and not bankrupted the country in the process. With the effects of that still yet to really work their way through it will become clearer to likes of Jim that we should have saved our nations bank balance for the challenges that are ahead and not paid healthy 20 year olds thousands of pounds to stay at home

You won't change your mind. I get that. But more people do realise they were tricked and overreacted and that those posing a different viewpoint weren't crazy, they were just listening to scientific sources and applying the critical thinking that meant they were able to override what the MSM were wrongly telling them to think

"If that had been better and more widely understood then we might have dealt with the virus in a more proportionate way and not bankrupted the country in the process." "But more people do realise they were tricked"

So when exactly do you think they should have known more about the virus, before it came to the UK, after the first infection? If it's a new virus how long do you give them to understand it and do you leave people at risk after seeing what happened in Italy and Spain or do you respond in a way that saves lives. Interestingly not willing to discuss how many people you'd find acceptable to die to reduce the national debt.

We're also now taking Bill Gates word for it, weren't the same sites saying he was using the vaccine to micro-chip us? We're also taking "like flu" to mean the same as, ignoring the fact we had vaccines for flu but not covid and also ignoring the fact that covid is more infectious than flu. You consistently gloss over that.

We also have Clive Anderson sweeping the governments lack of integrity under the carpet as the rules were wrong - where to begin with that. Also Johnson "belatedly realised that it was not needed and ended lockdowns, which coincidentally when the stories of these parties came out" - We were in and out of lockdown through summer and winter that year and it didn't properly end until early the following year after people were vaccinated.
Boris you Git (non qpr) on 10:10 - Mar 24 with 1312 viewsSonofpugwash

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fr7yaCjWYAgh9Fw?format=jpg&name=medium

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 10:29 - Mar 24 with 1286 viewsPunteR

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 08:02 - Mar 24 by Sakura

You don't get though. Otherwise you'd stop trying to convince QPR fans your theories.
In fact I don't think you understand the situation at all hence all your research. You knew about as much as everyone else so dont pretend otherwise. You've got a platform here to express your views which is fair enough but don't make out you know better when clearly you don't.
You want to understand what's going on in the world and can't understand why its going so wrong, same as everyone, but to come on here with the intention to make people in the wrong and ýou in the right is just shallow. Come back and talk to me once you've sussed it.

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 11:01 - Mar 24 with 1223 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 23:06 - Mar 23 by SydneyRs

Hindsight is a wonderful thing now that everything is open again and the virus is abating as a threat. Personally believe vaccines played a huge part in getting it under control.

Whatever you think of the rules, the rules were there and supposed to apply to everyone. As has been discussed people endured horrible situations being unable to visit sick relatives etc while Johnson did whatever the hell he liked. The Queen sat alone at her husband's funeral.

If, as he claims, he could not understand what were quite simple rules and didn't know he was breaking them, he doesn't sound like a person that should be in any form of high office.

And its not just that he's lied about. He's also a remainer who changed sides to gain power, misled parliament and told countless other fibs to further his own career and status regardless of who got shafted. He's about as far removed from the common man as it is possible to be, but has funny hair. Sorry, but if you still support him after everything he's done you're a bloody idiot.

I see the Starmer beer got brought up again. Can't be bothered to go into why it was a different situation under different rules again. All we need now is another hilarious Dianne Abbott meme to complete the bingo card.

Spot on!

Also worth people recalling the decades long litany of previous misdemeanours related to truth-avoidance. He is a habitual liar and positively the most monstrously obnoxious twunt going. Anyone thick enough to support him deserves everything they get.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 11:02 - Mar 24 with 1223 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 23:06 - Mar 23 by SydneyRs

Spot on!

Also worth people recalling the decades long litany of previous misdemeanours related to truth-avoidance. He is a habitual liar and positively the most monstrously obnoxious cnt going. Anyone thick enough to support him deserves everything they get.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 11:08 - Mar 24 with 1206 viewsJuzzie

Guys, there's already a Covid thread, maybe use that to perpetuate your opinions that are never going to change and neither person is going to yield.

or.... PM each other

or.... just give it a rest

or... get a room
Boris you Git (non qpr) on 11:14 - Mar 24 with 1174 viewsNorthernr

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 11:08 - Mar 24 by Juzzie

Guys, there's already a Covid thread, maybe use that to perpetuate your opinions that are never going to change and neither person is going to yield.

or.... PM each other

or.... just give it a rest

or... get a room

Anybody resurrects that bloody Covid thread I swear to God I'll come round their house with a board with a nail in it.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Boris you Git (non qpr) on 11:27 - Mar 24 with 1138 viewsJuzzie

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 11:14 - Mar 24 by Northernr

Anybody resurrects that bloody Covid thread I swear to God I'll come round their house with a board with a nail in it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

sorry, didn't actually mean to encourage that to happen! Just to state there was already a thread about covid, don't need the same arguments on this one which is not about covid.
Boris you Git (non qpr) on 14:12 - Mar 24 with 944 viewsSakura

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 08:57 - Mar 24 by QPR_Jim

"If that had been better and more widely understood then we might have dealt with the virus in a more proportionate way and not bankrupted the country in the process." "But more people do realise they were tricked"

So when exactly do you think they should have known more about the virus, before it came to the UK, after the first infection? If it's a new virus how long do you give them to understand it and do you leave people at risk after seeing what happened in Italy and Spain or do you respond in a way that saves lives. Interestingly not willing to discuss how many people you'd find acceptable to die to reduce the national debt.

We're also now taking Bill Gates word for it, weren't the same sites saying he was using the vaccine to micro-chip us? We're also taking "like flu" to mean the same as, ignoring the fact we had vaccines for flu but not covid and also ignoring the fact that covid is more infectious than flu. You consistently gloss over that.

We also have Clive Anderson sweeping the governments lack of integrity under the carpet as the rules were wrong - where to begin with that. Also Johnson "belatedly realised that it was not needed and ended lockdowns, which coincidentally when the stories of these parties came out" - We were in and out of lockdown through summer and winter that year and it didn't properly end until early the following year after people were vaccinated.

April 2020 posters here pointed out the data that prove la it was a disease that mainly effected the elderly.

Yes there were exceptions but the percentage was extremely low. But yes when you apply that to millions its possible to see the media highlight the sad exceptions and think the risk is bigger than it was

The reaction to the virus was over the top. We can't as a society print that much money and take on that much debt without it having serious consequences. So it's a card we need to play very sparingly only when most at threat. Nothing is free. We need an economy to support what we have as a society shutting it down had very serious consequences that weren’t immediately obvious but are being felt now and will continue to ripple through the economy

More targeted support and protections I believed would have been a better use of our limited budget and as was pointed out on this thread in 2020 inflation would follow as a consequence of lockdown and the money printing that went with. I suppose yourself and PunteR also think it's a complete coincidence we got that bit right as well. But they do seem to be stacking up these lucky guesses don't they...

I've answered all your points. Many times, not just on this thread but you won't listen. You just come back with this energy;

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 14:24 - Mar 24 with 910 viewsR_from_afar

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 18:52 - Mar 23 by Sakura

Actually you are completely and utterly wrong in your statement that, "No one knew what was going on or what the best course of action was"

And you're being disingenuous when you say, "get advice on a global pandemic from a football forum"

What was being done was that people were quoting sources that weren't being highlighted or used in MSM. In April 2020 there were posts on this forum citing data, I remember clearly at the time it being dismissed because it was collated by "a doctor from Rotherham hospital"

It was explained with sources that Covid mainly affected elderly and that for younger people it was extremely rare and the risk was shown for younger age groups in relation to things like the flu. That led to abuse. Just as you are dishing out now

After Bill Gates dumped his stock in pharmaceutical companies he though came around to the opinion that was being cited with sources and data on this forum in April 2020

There is a mountain of info out there disproving your statements and as today I have shown with reputable sources of this information that show that there were people who did know much more than you want to believe

If only people were less like you and didn't just bully and shout people down who pointed this out. Maybe then we wouldn't be in such a mess
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 18:54]

You need to remember that “mainly affects” is not the same as “only affects”. When we are talking about a potentially lethal virus spreading amongst literally billions of people, even a tiny percentage of at risk people is a significant number.

One of my wife’s NHS colleague was fit and healthy and around 40. She contracted Covid and died.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 15:05 - Mar 24 with 687 viewsQPR_Jim

Boris you Git (non qpr) on 14:12 - Mar 24 by Sakura

April 2020 posters here pointed out the data that prove la it was a disease that mainly effected the elderly.

Yes there were exceptions but the percentage was extremely low. But yes when you apply that to millions its possible to see the media highlight the sad exceptions and think the risk is bigger than it was

The reaction to the virus was over the top. We can't as a society print that much money and take on that much debt without it having serious consequences. So it's a card we need to play very sparingly only when most at threat. Nothing is free. We need an economy to support what we have as a society shutting it down had very serious consequences that weren’t immediately obvious but are being felt now and will continue to ripple through the economy

More targeted support and protections I believed would have been a better use of our limited budget and as was pointed out on this thread in 2020 inflation would follow as a consequence of lockdown and the money printing that went with. I suppose yourself and PunteR also think it's a complete coincidence we got that bit right as well. But they do seem to be stacking up these lucky guesses don't they...

I've answered all your points. Many times, not just on this thread but you won't listen. You just come back with this energy;

You've not quite answered all my points and you've avoided questions I've put to you in other threads as well.

Nobody was suggesting lockdowns as a economic stimulus, so stating that it would damage the economy and cause inflation is not really something for debate. It was obvious to everyone, the difference is whether you accept it was a worthwhile cost to protect those that were vulnerable.

You seem to base your assertion that it would have all been fine by locking down the elderly and more vulnerable harder and for longer while everyone else carried on as normal with the virus spreading through the rest of society. This is where I disagree with you because I think it would have inherently increased the risk to the elderly and vulnerable anyway and we'd have seen a higher death toll. I also think it would have been deeply unfair course of action to take.

Anyway, I wish I had the energy of that guy but unfortunately I do not. Good job on moving the focus away from Johnsons lies and dishonesty though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024