Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) 16:16 - Mar 20 with 22892 viewsHammersmithR

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11881509/Wigan-DOCKED-three-p
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 16:17]
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 07:45 - Mar 24 with 3643 viewsNorthernr

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 07:40 - Mar 24 by stefan54

6. It has been agreed and I hereby order that the Club is sanctioned for the breach as follows:
6.1 The Club is to be immediately deducted 6 points in the 2021/22 Championship season.
6.2 The Club is also subject to a suspended sanction of 6 points to be deducted from its season
points total in Season 2021/22 (or Season 2022/23), on the first occasion on or before 30 June
2023 that:
i) the Club fails to file such documents as are required to be filed in accordance with the
provisions of Rule 2.2 of the P&S Rules by 1 March in the relevant Season(s);
ii) the Club breaches the Budget as more particularly described in paragraphs 19 and 21
of Appendix 1; or
iii) the Club is found to have committed (or admits) a further breach of the P&S Rules by
its P&S Calculation resulting in a loss that exceeds the Upper Loss Threshold as
applicable at the time of the submission in accordance with Rule 2.2,
the “Suspended Penalty”.

This was the original decision and it refers to the critical date for points deductions as being 30 June 2023.

Unless I am missing something, where does yesterday's date come from?

As usual with the EFL, it's clear as mud.

12.3.1 here is where the date is mentioned...
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/sect

... if points deductions are applied after it they count against next season. Presume this exists to stop clubs whacking themselves into admin when they're basically already relegated, and starting the following season with a clean slate.

No idea if it's different for Reading, as it's a suspended offence, and this seems to apply to administration alone whereas they're an FFP breach.

The EFL communications on these sorts of punishments are horrendous.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 07:54 - Mar 24 with 3565 viewsstevec

So is that it, no points deductions for any of the teams that have breached the £39m loss over 3 seasons?

Think that means the end of FFP as it stands. Hopefully we’ll adopt the Leagues One and Two formats from next season, based more sensibly on income and directors funds.

That’ll be an eye opener.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 08:41 - Mar 24 with 3466 viewsenfieldargh

Might be worth breaching FFP next season as we all might not be here/no football in 2025 as Russia & China war it out with the US.

Enjoy one last season before we all get nuked

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 11:35 - Mar 24 with 3194 viewsaston_hoop

Wigan players not training having not been paid. Steven Caulker isn;t happy about it

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/steven-caulker-a4493b251_this-lies-us-as-players-

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 11:48 - Mar 24 with 3143 viewsstantheman10

If we can't stay up under our own steam then so be it and that's how it should be. To be honest having read up on the SCMP rules for League One we would be better off anyway.
The owners can put as much money as they want into the club as long as it isn't a loan and can spend that money on players and wages. This explains why Derby have been able to sign the players they have. If you do break SCMP rules then a transfer embargo is enforced but you don't get any points deductions. Surely relegation will make the club stronger if the owners are willing to donate their money (as they are doing at the moment anyway!) Ipswich went down in all sorts of problems in trying to sign players but are now within striking distance of being promoted and we all know the problems Sheff Wed and Derby have had and both are in the push for promotion. I actually put a post up regarding us being relegated and why it wouldn't be so bad but was shot down by most people but personally I think it's the way forward and maybe our owners are seeing it like that. I know the owners that took over at Ipswich bought the club because they had been relegated not because they were struggling in the Championship! Here's an interesting article about Portsmouth from Saturday
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-director-an
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 12:23 - Mar 24 with 3009 viewsLongsufferingR

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 11:35 - Mar 24 by aston_hoop

Wigan players not training having not been paid. Steven Caulker isn;t happy about it

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/steven-caulker-a4493b251_this-lies-us-as-players-

They don't need to train for their next game anyway.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 13:33 - Mar 24 with 2732 viewsBakes

It’s going to be sicknote Caulker to score against us next isn’t it.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 19:48 - Mar 24 with 2347 viewsnomar

Wigan could not train for 6 months, play for free with no motivation and still beat our sad sack shower of a team!
[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 19:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 19:53 - Mar 24 with 2338 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 08:41 - Mar 24 by enfieldargh

Might be worth breaching FFP next season as we all might not be here/no football in 2025 as Russia & China war it out with the US.

Enjoy one last season before we all get nuked

Knowing our luck we'd get f@ckin' promoted that season. Typical QPR.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 20:47 - Mar 24 with 2184 viewsSimonD

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 11:48 - Mar 24 by stantheman10

If we can't stay up under our own steam then so be it and that's how it should be. To be honest having read up on the SCMP rules for League One we would be better off anyway.
The owners can put as much money as they want into the club as long as it isn't a loan and can spend that money on players and wages. This explains why Derby have been able to sign the players they have. If you do break SCMP rules then a transfer embargo is enforced but you don't get any points deductions. Surely relegation will make the club stronger if the owners are willing to donate their money (as they are doing at the moment anyway!) Ipswich went down in all sorts of problems in trying to sign players but are now within striking distance of being promoted and we all know the problems Sheff Wed and Derby have had and both are in the push for promotion. I actually put a post up regarding us being relegated and why it wouldn't be so bad but was shot down by most people but personally I think it's the way forward and maybe our owners are seeing it like that. I know the owners that took over at Ipswich bought the club because they had been relegated not because they were struggling in the Championship! Here's an interesting article about Portsmouth from Saturday
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-director-an

I think that is pretty much how I understand it Stan, but (there is always a but!) on promotion back to the Championship the seasons in League One are then assessed for FFP as if the club was in the Championship all along. So any overspend is then a big issue. This all has to be achieved with a drop in broadcasting revenue of around £8m, generally fewer away supporters paying to come to Loftus Road and reduced sponsorship terms.

I'm not sure it is the way forwards.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 07:42 - Mar 25 with 1829 viewsTGRRRSSS

At some point I see the clubs banding together to take on EFL as it's clearly becoming untenable.

Either that or (and this maybe what somehow happens) there ends up being a huge drop in salaries for players going foreward.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 08:05 - Mar 25 with 1804 viewsSimonD

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 07:42 - Mar 25 by TGRRRSSS

At some point I see the clubs banding together to take on EFL as it's clearly becoming untenable.

Either that or (and this maybe what somehow happens) there ends up being a huge drop in salaries for players going foreward.

The clubs are the EFL.

The clubs voted to bring FFP in and, if enough of them agree, can change it.

I don't know whether the EFL's affiliation with UEFA would come under scrutiny if they voted to get rid of FFP, but they could it they wanted to.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 08:13 - Mar 25 with 1754 viewsdaveB

Everton facing points deduction now
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 08:37 - Mar 25 with 1694 viewsenfieldargh

Why is there not an automatic mechanism, either you've broken FFP/P & S or you havnt.
No excuses for filing late or other delaying tacticts.

If clubs fail to meet the stipulations then auto 12 pt deduction. If your late its 3 pt auto deduction then if rules broken the 12 pts.

Simples innit

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 08:51 - Mar 25 with 1658 viewsBerkoRanger

Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 08:13 - Mar 25 by daveB

Everton facing points deduction now

In theory,yes. BUT, there is absolutely no way that a club the size of Everton, or indeed Man City are going to accept any point of money deduction. They have far too powerful lawyers for that - it will be "kicked" into the long grass with appeal after appeal etc. I suspect there are at least another 3 or 4 top clubs who have manipulated their finances, allegedly.
I believe this will be the beginning of the end of FFP - instead a club's financiability will be based on the wealth of the owner / owners.
With new foreign and corporate investors becoming interested on a weekly basis, they will want to spend, spend. spend.
As somebody said earlier, football as I used to know it has changed totally.
Wigan - points deduction? (n/t) on 17:13 - Mar 28 with 1155 viewsPinnerPaul

Interesting that despite last week's 'deadline' bookies STILL not offering a relegation market for the Championship?

While I'm on bookies, we're finally NOT favourites to win on Saturday

Paddy Power odds

Them 11/8
Draw 21/10
Us 2/1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024