Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does Ainsworth go from here? 12:16 - Mar 15 with 28743 viewsmart_Goblin

What’s his next move here?
Reading between the lines you can tell he was very angry last night but he knows damn well that he has to walk on egg shells with this precious bunch. He will be all too aware of what they did to NC when he dared to publicly criticise them. He used words like weak last night which to me tells you his real mindset and not just his media voice.
After seeing the lineup last night before kick off I was surprised he didn’t make at least a couple of changes, for example he openly said Dozzell wanted to come off Saturday because he was knackered (huge red flag anyway that several members of our squad can’t play 90 bloody minutes), but in hindsight, if he had made changes and we got pumped 6-1 we’d all be saying he shouldn’t change a winning team .
Same team , same formation …it can’t always be the manager and we are once again realising the impossible job NC had.

Personally I hope he is tearing strips off of this bunch privately. Some of them are nothing but con men . You can’t do what you did Saturday and then serve up that garbage 72 hours later .

Getting this lot up and the same as last Saturday against Birmingham seems almost impossible now .

I hope he was in with LF this morning tearing strips off of him too. Imagine having to work with this lot on a daily basis ?

GA being here also means that we now have to stop shopping in the premier league A & E department. You need to fit to play the way he wants and this lot ain’t no where near it . Not physically or mentally able or just plain injured all the time. Those won’t work under GA .
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 12:28]
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:27 - Mar 20 with 3827 viewsted_hendrix

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:38 - Mar 20 by dmm

Ains is looking for two more wins to keep us up: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65015577

He also mentions rebuilding once we're safe. I think we all know there are big changes coming ahead of next season.

I'd hate to be labelled *O ye of little faith* but under the current circumstances and performances I can't see us getting two more goals let alone two more wins.

That's how I see It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:37 - Mar 20 with 3763 viewsdmm

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:05 - Mar 20 by Dorse

The B Team are doing pretty well in comparison. Genuine question, as I haven't watched any games, but are there any options in that group that would be better than what we're seeing in the First Team?

For example, I doubt there is a spare Dieng or Dykes kicking around, but is there a replacement Dozzell? Or Adomah? Or a spare centre back with a pulse? We've recently seen Dixon-Bonner, Drewe and Gubbins make the bench / get minutes: are any of the others worth a tickle?

There's central midfielder Rafferty Pedder (20) about whom we've debated whether his slight frame would stand up to the rigors of the men's game. He usually impresses at the 21s/B team level.

Then there's defensive midfielder Alex Aoraha (19), who I'd very much like to see given a run out, and attacking midfielder, Steve Bala (19) who I like the look of.

Striker Alfie Lloyd (19) is on loan at National League club, Eastleigh, and looks promising.

There'll be others who've caught the eye but it's very difficult to know how a youngster will perform at senior level until they get a chance. Look at Drewe who had a great game v Watford and a stinker v Blackpool. I'm unsure whether he'll make it at this level.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 19:25 - Mar 20 with 3609 views1JD

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:18 - Mar 20 by daveB

yeah hes said a few times mid table is the we can do, I get what hes trying to do but it's depressing to hear

I sometimes wonder if in some ways he still thinks he’s at Wycombe. Given a. His long 11 year stint and being very much institutionalised. Also the quick turnover to QPR.

He is adopting the same words in interviews “the boys gave me their all, and that’s all I can ask for” (they didn’t, but they did at Wycombe). And he is adopting the same small-club syndrome that he got slapped for under the Wycombe owner, who informed Ainsworth he needed to improve his negative language and to think bigger.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 21:55 - Mar 20 with 3463 viewsMonkey_Roots

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:20 - Mar 20 by daveB

I don't want to be all doom and gloom but they were all playing in December & January when we were rubbish as well

Yeah I know.

I’m just looking for that tiny glimmer of hope… and that wasn’t with GA.

Sigh.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 08:46 - Mar 21 with 3240 viewsdmm

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:37 - Mar 20 by dmm

There's central midfielder Rafferty Pedder (20) about whom we've debated whether his slight frame would stand up to the rigors of the men's game. He usually impresses at the 21s/B team level.

Then there's defensive midfielder Alex Aoraha (19), who I'd very much like to see given a run out, and attacking midfielder, Steve Bala (19) who I like the look of.

Striker Alfie Lloyd (19) is on loan at National League club, Eastleigh, and looks promising.

There'll be others who've caught the eye but it's very difficult to know how a youngster will perform at senior level until they get a chance. Look at Drewe who had a great game v Watford and a stinker v Blackpool. I'm unsure whether he'll make it at this level.

PS. I see QPR B player Riley Cotter has been sent to play for Coggeshall United in the Isthmian League Division One North until the end of the season. That's an 8th level football club who are at the bottom of the league. I wouldn't expect to see this lad challenging for a QPR first team place anytime soon, if at all.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 10:53 - Mar 21 with 3123 viewsCamberleyR

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 08:46 - Mar 21 by dmm

PS. I see QPR B player Riley Cotter has been sent to play for Coggeshall United in the Isthmian League Division One North until the end of the season. That's an 8th level football club who are at the bottom of the league. I wouldn't expect to see this lad challenging for a QPR first team place anytime soon, if at all.

If that's the level of football we're loaning him to then I agree, he's certainly not very likely at all to make it here so why are we keeping players like this on our books? He may only be on say 40-50k a year but that is money that could be better used elsewhere.

I'd wager Millwall and Luton don't have players in their U23/B team like that on their books.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 11:23 - Mar 21 with 3038 viewsdaveB

I do wonder why they release this kind of info, leaves them wide open to criticism.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:14 - Mar 21 with 2813 viewsPinnerPaul

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:16 - Mar 20 by LongRanger

The loan players were the fans scape goats last season ....it was al Hendrick and Sanderson's fault. Both now doing ok at Reading and Birmingham.

Our reasoning that loan players don't belong to us so not up for it doesn't really stand up, as that would be the same in every team. yet i see loan players elsewhere doing pretty well.

Loan players aren't our issue, they part of a bigger issue, we need to stop digging them out just because they're on loan

Well Sanderson is doing a great impression of our own loan players as he is out injured!

If both really were doing that well then Brum and Reading would not be where they are now!

Agree with you and Dave though - loan players = easy target but it would be stupid to say that any of them have been a "success"
Login to get fewer ads

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:25 - Mar 21 with 2767 viewsTheChef

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:14 - Mar 21 by PinnerPaul

Well Sanderson is doing a great impression of our own loan players as he is out injured!

If both really were doing that well then Brum and Reading would not be where they are now!

Agree with you and Dave though - loan players = easy target but it would be stupid to say that any of them have been a "success"

Well we did use loans to great effect in our Championship winning season. But of course it's easier to attract players of a greater calibre when you're doing well (or not losing the manager who brought those players in, in the first place).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:52 - Mar 21 with 2717 viewsfrancisbowles

He is only 19!

Maybe it's too early to make a decision or it could be they are going to release him at the end of the season.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:54 - Mar 21 with 2607 viewsPinnerPaul

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 11:23 - Mar 21 by daveB

I do wonder why they release this kind of info, leaves them wide open to criticism.

You know what its like Dave - someone would see him playing and then it would be "Why the secrecy?"!
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:57 - Mar 21 with 2588 viewsdmm

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:52 - Mar 21 by francisbowles

He is only 19!

Maybe it's too early to make a decision or it could be they are going to release him at the end of the season.

Yeah indeed fb - he is only 19. It just seems such a low level for a Championship cat 2 academy player. But I don't want to be judgemental about the lad and good for him that he's prepared to go and play there.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:59 - Mar 21 with 2581 viewsPinnerPaul

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:37 - Mar 20 by dmm

I do think we're far too quick to judge young players - even Clive succumbed in his latest match report.

Clive has pointed out that Chair, Willock, Eze did not make instant impacts and you can't really judge a young player until he has reached 30/40 games at a certain level, yet here we are writing off Drewe after 3 1/2 matches - its bonkers!

Now we have to be realistic, Laird has ended up at Man Utd and Drewe here for a reason - doesn't mean that Drewe can't develop into a Championship player - hes had one OK game, one stinker, in a 6-1 defeat, 1 great game v Watford and one OK half. Far far far too little evidence to judge yet in my view.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:05 - Mar 21 with 2565 viewsdmm

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:59 - Mar 21 by PinnerPaul

I do think we're far too quick to judge young players - even Clive succumbed in his latest match report.

Clive has pointed out that Chair, Willock, Eze did not make instant impacts and you can't really judge a young player until he has reached 30/40 games at a certain level, yet here we are writing off Drewe after 3 1/2 matches - its bonkers!

Now we have to be realistic, Laird has ended up at Man Utd and Drewe here for a reason - doesn't mean that Drewe can't develop into a Championship player - hes had one OK game, one stinker, in a 6-1 defeat, 1 great game v Watford and one OK half. Far far far too little evidence to judge yet in my view.

I didn't write him off PP, I just said I was unsure he'd make it! Surely not unreasonable after one good and one bad first team appearance? I should perhaps add that he was okay when coming off the bench last Saturday.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:13 - Mar 21 with 2517 viewsPinnerPaul

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:05 - Mar 21 by dmm

I didn't write him off PP, I just said I was unsure he'd make it! Surely not unreasonable after one good and one bad first team appearance? I should perhaps add that he was okay when coming off the bench last Saturday.

We'll have to agree to disagree I think dmm - don't think you can say he will or won't 'make it' on such scant evidence.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:20 - Mar 21 with 2505 viewsE15Hoop

On the other hand, you've got Evan Ferguson tearing it up at Brighton and getting rave reviews at the weekend for scoring twice in an FA Cup Quarter Final at the grand old age of 18.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:25 - Mar 21 with 2480 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I can't see Laird making it at Man United. Seems like a flat-track bully who looks good when a team is playing well but his defending is sub-standard and he's obviously a bottler.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 18:02 - Mar 21 with 2420 viewsPinnerPaul

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:20 - Mar 21 by E15Hoop

On the other hand, you've got Evan Ferguson tearing it up at Brighton and getting rave reviews at the weekend for scoring twice in an FA Cup Quarter Final at the grand old age of 18.

Yep and others such as Sterling and Rooney were able to play at the very top at 18 BUT you also have the Vardys, Ferdinands and Crouchs who all made it late.

Clive Allen - Aged 20 - 74 games - 41 goals
Stan Bowles - Aged 20 - Less than half a dozen appearances - no goals

One size does not fit all.

I'll repeat don't see how you can say any young player will or will not be a success after 3 1/2 games!
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 18:24 - Mar 21 with 2412 viewsed_83

I think youth teamers who aren't already in or around the first team squad are a question for next season. I'd maybe give Gubbins a go just because of how awful Dickie's been, but that's about it.

In terms of where Gareth goes next, I think there are four things:

Set some basic standards for the club, as Clive's mentioned. Regardless of all the injuries and disruptions and low morale, the absolute bottom line is that everyone who plays for this team should be giving everything they have to it. No half-baked stuff, no lazing about, whether you're in the starting 11 or not you need to bring a fundamental level of professionalism which we don't currently seem to have.

Get us more defensively solid. I imagine a lot of the international break will be focused on defending set pieces, getting our shape right, and tightening up at the back more generally. We're a complete clown show, giving away goals for fun. Absolutely imperative that we get some structure in defence, and at least make other teams work if they want to score against us.

Build some self-belief: we all know we've been rubbish, but also that this squad are capable of playing excellent football and winning games. A little bit of confidence should get us over the line hopefully

Get injured players fit. Stuff them with painkilling injections, threaten them with a stint in the B team, whatever it takes. Just get bodies out on the pitch and playing. The absence of Laird, Paal, Chair, Willock, JCS, Balogun, an actually fit Johansen and whoever else is absolutely killing us.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 19:51 - Mar 21 with 2314 viewsswisscottage

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 18:24 - Mar 21 by ed_83

I think youth teamers who aren't already in or around the first team squad are a question for next season. I'd maybe give Gubbins a go just because of how awful Dickie's been, but that's about it.

Set some basic standards for the club, as Clive's mentioned. Regardless of all the injuries and disruptions and low morale, the absolute bottom line is that everyone who plays for this team should be giving everything they have to it. No half-baked stuff, no lazing about, whether you're in the starting 11 or not you need to bring a fundamental level of professionalism which we don't currently seem to have.

Get us more defensively solid. I imagine a lot of the international break will be focused on defending set pieces, getting our shape right, and tightening up at the back more generally. We're a complete clown show, giving away goals for fun. Absolutely imperative that we get some structure in defence, and at least make other teams work if they want to score against us.

Build some self-belief: we all know we've been rubbish, but also that this squad are capable of playing excellent football and winning games. A little bit of confidence should get us over the line hopefully

Get injured players fit. Stuff them with painkilling injections, threaten them with a stint in the B team, whatever it takes. Just get bodies out on the pitch and playing. The absence of Laird, Paal, Chair, Willock, JCS, Balogun, an actually fit Johansen and whoever else is absolutely killing us.

Your last paragraph is a joke surely.

Cortisone injections for aching/swollen joints is one thing. Expecting people to be able to play with a muscle tear is idiocy.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 20:26 - Mar 21 with 2270 viewsDorse

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 19:51 - Mar 21 by swisscottage

Your last paragraph is a joke surely.

Cortisone injections for aching/swollen joints is one thing. Expecting people to be able to play with a muscle tear is idiocy.

Cuthbert Squank (1898-1967) played the entire 1929 season with a wooden leg. He only missed three matches due to woodworm.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 08:54 - Mar 22 with 2097 viewsfrancisbowles

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:20 - Mar 21 by E15Hoop

I give you Federico Macheda

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federico_Macheda
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 09:13 - Mar 22 with 2070 viewstoboboly

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 08:54 - Mar 22 by francisbowles

I give you Federico Macheda

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federico_Macheda

I give you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Gubbins

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_H%C3%A4m%C3%A4l%C3%A4inen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olamide_Shodipo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Duke-McKenna

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ody_Alfa

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 11:15 - Mar 22 with 2002 viewsQPROslo

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 18:24 - Mar 21 by ed_83

Ask Lyndon Dykes about your last paragragh
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 12:50 - Mar 22 with 1834 viewswombat

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:05 - Mar 21 by dmm

the blackpool performance cant be used to judge him he was ttoally exposed in the first 20 mins no cover atall no matter who played that night would have been hammered if it was there second of 122 game for the club tim didnt do his job for one sec atblakcpool

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024