Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester turn loans into equity 11:24 - Feb 1 with 5127 viewsstantheman10

Leicester's holding company have turned £194 million worth of loans into equity for the club. How is that allowed under FFP?
Leicester turn loans into equity on 19:53 - Feb 1 with 965 viewsLordPork

you could do all that and admirable as it may be.....

who wants to spend their hand earned on a event where the team your supposedly supporting loses or plays badly, consistently?
For me, Holloway started by taking the piss when making his Cup selections....I'd bought some corporate guests along at a cost of in excess of £300 that night ...

I then took a much more circumspect view on where and when I'd spend my hard earned by turning up at Loftus Road. As the years have gone by, family, kids, grand kids and so many other things fill your life before thinking of repeating throwing money away.

sadly too, going back there was a allure and charisma about the club and the occasional star. Those days have also gone with salaries and players appearing to have a dispassionate view towards the club and the supporters. The last, Adel T put bums on seats but since then? Without naming names there's been a queue of "players" who are hanging on the being anywhere near the first team yet we never seem to get rid of them, recycle, out on loan, get them back, out on loan, subs bench, loan, new contract and so it goes on.

Having said all that, most of these issues disappear when you win 6 on the bounce. Trouble is, when did we last do that?
Leicester turn loans into equity on 20:46 - Feb 1 with 881 viewsSimonBrown1965

Clive (or other more knowledgeable posters than me) what is there to stop our owners (Tony for instance) paying for naming rights for Lotus Road? We are all aware than many other clubs have sold the naming rights to their grounds Emirates, Eithad, DW Stadium etc.

There's a clear commercial benefit to having the ground name referred to constantly by commentators etc so it seems to me it would be very unreasonable for FFP rules to disallow owners from paying for naming rights where they could easily argue that there is a commercial value to them in doing so. You could go further and say where is the point of difference in naming rights of the ground and shirt sponsorship. I do recall that Man C. had some push back because the fee they were paid was regarded as artificially high but it shouldn't be beyond the wit of man for the board to work out a reasonable value to pay for this commercial benefit to for instance Air Asia (I'm not even sure Tony still owns AA but you take my point)..

On the subject of the board I personally think they need to be applauded. Undoubtedly mistakes were made previously but the financial losses they have incurred would make the Sultan of Brunei wince and none of us should lose sight of the fact that without their ongoing support there might not even be a club to discuss.
Leicester turn loans into equity on 22:23 - Feb 1 with 776 viewsBostonR

Leicester turn loans into equity on 20:46 - Feb 1 by SimonBrown1965

Clive (or other more knowledgeable posters than me) what is there to stop our owners (Tony for instance) paying for naming rights for Lotus Road? We are all aware than many other clubs have sold the naming rights to their grounds Emirates, Eithad, DW Stadium etc.

There's a clear commercial benefit to having the ground name referred to constantly by commentators etc so it seems to me it would be very unreasonable for FFP rules to disallow owners from paying for naming rights where they could easily argue that there is a commercial value to them in doing so. You could go further and say where is the point of difference in naming rights of the ground and shirt sponsorship. I do recall that Man C. had some push back because the fee they were paid was regarded as artificially high but it shouldn't be beyond the wit of man for the board to work out a reasonable value to pay for this commercial benefit to for instance Air Asia (I'm not even sure Tony still owns AA but you take my point)..

On the subject of the board I personally think they need to be applauded. Undoubtedly mistakes were made previously but the financial losses they have incurred would make the Sultan of Brunei wince and none of us should lose sight of the fact that without their ongoing support there might not even be a club to discuss.

I would assume the Board are treading really carefully. The EFL know we have form, hence the huge fine. I can’t imagine our CEO hasn’t looked at every angle. What we do know is that right know the owners still want in and are pumping huge amounts of cash in to keep us afloat.
I mentioned earlier on this thread that Ruben has probably stumped up the better part of £80M plus to keep the club solvent and within FFP. That’s a big layout for a club sitting mid-table in the Championship.
The reality is that at the moment no right-minded investor or group would touch QPR. We are solely reliant on the Board to keep us solvent.
Leicester turn loans into equity on 08:52 - Feb 2 with 691 viewsAntti_Heinola

Leicester turn loans into equity on 14:57 - Feb 1 by daveB

It wouldn't make a massive impact on matchday income but might see a buzz about the place with more people in the door, might improve home record and get a better chance of achieving something.

There were 16000 people at the Swansea game and it was like a morgue.
A couple of hundred kids for a quid is not going to change that.
He must be doing something right, because I can't believe attendances are as high as they are the way we've been playing.

But you and the other poster have ignored my point, really. There's no point doing those promotions if you don't turn those people into more regular fans. If the matchday experience is uncomfortable, if you have to queue for 20 minutes just to get in because the ticketing system is so awful and there aren't enough turnstiles; if the beer is awful and over-priced; if your knees are up round your ears in your seat; and the team can't even score at the Loft End, you ain't coming back, and your kids ain't gonna want to come back either.

Jim Frayling was a brilliant person at the club, and he can talk all he likes about community outreach and so on, where he was innovative and hugely effective, but the fact remains: LR gets packed when we're doing well. Period.

Bare bones.

Leicester turn loans into equity on 08:57 - Feb 2 with 685 viewswombat

Leicester turn loans into equity on 08:52 - Feb 2 by Antti_Heinola

There were 16000 people at the Swansea game and it was like a morgue.
A couple of hundred kids for a quid is not going to change that.
He must be doing something right, because I can't believe attendances are as high as they are the way we've been playing.

But you and the other poster have ignored my point, really. There's no point doing those promotions if you don't turn those people into more regular fans. If the matchday experience is uncomfortable, if you have to queue for 20 minutes just to get in because the ticketing system is so awful and there aren't enough turnstiles; if the beer is awful and over-priced; if your knees are up round your ears in your seat; and the team can't even score at the Loft End, you ain't coming back, and your kids ain't gonna want to come back either.

Jim Frayling was a brilliant person at the club, and he can talk all he likes about community outreach and so on, where he was innovative and hugely effective, but the fact remains: LR gets packed when we're doing well. Period.

issue is if we break ffp its transfer embrago time and as second timer offenders they will hammer us for it , as we dont have a huge squad at the monet imagine what its gon na be next season with no chance of any players coming in due to an embargo

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Leicester turn loans into equity on 10:33 - Feb 2 with 639 viewsterryb

Leicester turn loans into equity on 20:46 - Feb 1 by SimonBrown1965

There is northing to stop this being done, BUT it has to be at a commercial rate that other companies would pay. The same applies to shirt sponsorship etc.

What I find amazing is that it appears that donations are allowable as income in Leagues 1 & 2, but not in The Championship. No wonder most clubs struggle after being promoted from League 1 & it explains why Ipswich have been able to spend so much on transfers since their relegation & change of ownership.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024