Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. 13:59 - Nov 6 with 7421 viewsCincyHoop

Hello all, long time reader of the forum and Clive's write ups of the fixtures. I'm jetting off to London tomorrow and heading to the game on Saturday! Any tips on pubs before/after the match?

I know the Crown & Spectre has been mentioned a few times. Just wondering if there are any other I should also check out?

Thank you for any insight or tips!

COYRssssss
First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 16:29 - Nov 7 with 2253 viewsT_Block

The best for military History is the Army Museum in Chelsea.

https://www.nam.ac.uk

if you are near.Amazing place-otherwise British Museum.
First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 16:48 - Nov 7 with 2228 viewsessextaxiboy

The Tower of London remembrance lights should be worth seeing . I am meeting Mrs Taxiboy at Tower Hill after the game to see it .

The Green is a Home only pub and you have to show a ticket to get in (just for info)

Enjoy the day , the atmosphere should be good and we should have a decent go at them .
First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 17:40 - Nov 7 with 2208 viewshopphoops

Get Oyster cards as soon as you arrive - otherwise a tube ticket will cost you more than a hip replacement in the US.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 17:50 - Nov 7 with 2204 viewsGroveR

First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 16:48 - Nov 7 by essextaxiboy

The Tower of London remembrance lights should be worth seeing . I am meeting Mrs Taxiboy at Tower Hill after the game to see it .

The Green is a Home only pub and you have to show a ticket to get in (just for info)

Enjoy the day , the atmosphere should be good and we should have a decent go at them .

The White Horse have been getting a bit militant about seeing tickets too.
First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 18:15 - Nov 7 with 2186 viewsMrSheen

First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 17:40 - Nov 7 by hopphoops

Get Oyster cards as soon as you arrive - otherwise a tube ticket will cost you more than a hip replacement in the US.

Any contactless bank card is the same price, no? I hope so.
First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 02:55 - Nov 8 with 2072 viewsBoston

First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 18:15 - Nov 7 by MrSheen

Any contactless bank card is the same price, no? I hope so.

yes

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 08:01 - Nov 8 with 2042 viewshopphoops

First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 02:55 - Nov 8 by Boston

yes

thx, good to know.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 08:56 - Nov 8 with 2015 viewsenfieldargh

First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 10:34 - Nov 7 by CincyHoop

I do not, I’m a sort of transplant to Cincy from a really small farming community in northwest Ohio. Unfortunately my father is a real POS and raised me a Browns fan, so I’ve lived with that crap every fall afternoon through my young adult life.

Browns fan then you truly are a proper Ranger.

I salute you!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 09:42 - Nov 8 with 1983 viewshook_hoops

First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 08:56 - Nov 8 by enfieldargh

Browns fan then you truly are a proper Ranger.

I salute you!!!

I was quite hopeful for the Browns a few weeks ago but it looks like normal service has been resumed.
First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 10:02 - Nov 8 with 1959 viewsqprxtc

If you fancy taking in a bit of the delights of the Shepherds Bush scenery and world heritage culture then make your way from Shepherds Bush Market tube station up Wood Lane and the huge variety of motor vehicles all lined up in a row belching out their aromatic delights.

Keep going past the biggest contributor to personal debt in the country known as Westfield and past White City tube and the former home of the BBC, now an unaffordable housing project, keep going till you get to a boozer called The Pav. Or to give it it’s full name, The Pav.

It’s a big place, full of Rangers, mostly who live round that way. Plus it’s got a jukebox and XTC are played very, very often. A higher recommendation to give is nigh on impossible. £4.25 for a Guinness.

A brisk ten minute walk back down Wood Lane and you’ve found your way back to the Island of Lost Souls and Crunched Knees.

Whatever happens, enjoy it and hold onto your bladder for as long as possible.
First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 15:18 - Nov 8 with 1862 viewsWokingR

First trip to Loftus Road/England for Brentford match. on 10:02 - Nov 8 by qprxtc

If you fancy taking in a bit of the delights of the Shepherds Bush scenery and world heritage culture then make your way from Shepherds Bush Market tube station up Wood Lane and the huge variety of motor vehicles all lined up in a row belching out their aromatic delights.

Keep going past the biggest contributor to personal debt in the country known as Westfield and past White City tube and the former home of the BBC, now an unaffordable housing project, keep going till you get to a boozer called The Pav. Or to give it it’s full name, The Pav.

It’s a big place, full of Rangers, mostly who live round that way. Plus it’s got a jukebox and XTC are played very, very often. A higher recommendation to give is nigh on impossible. £4.25 for a Guinness.

A brisk ten minute walk back down Wood Lane and you’ve found your way back to the Island of Lost Souls and Crunched Knees.

Whatever happens, enjoy it and hold onto your bladder for as long as possible.

Have we just witnessed your first ever daytime and more importantly sober post ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024