Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed 11:11 - Feb 15 with 8863 viewsBillericayR

Doing the business again.

I am a Warnock fan and think we made a wrong decision employing IH - but appreciate he does divide opinion.
Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 22:46 - Feb 15 with 1164 viewsdaveB

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 18:05 - Feb 15 by DejR_vu

Well we weren't far behind last year in 12th.

I agree that Shodipo, Furlong and Manning have been given opportunities, although Warnock played Petrasso if memory serves me, so I'm not convinced he's averse to giving players a chance.

But the fact is, in the period since he arrived at Cardiff, he's harvested almost double the number of points that we have.

We weren't far behind last year but we did have Phillips and Hoilett all season plus Austin for half a season which ensured we finished higher up the league than we will this year

It doesn't really matter though as Warnock was in work when the job came up this time and circumstances were not right for him to take it when Ramsey went. No doubt at all he's a very good manager at this level
Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 22:57 - Feb 15 with 1155 viewsFredManRave

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 22:46 - Feb 15 by daveB

We weren't far behind last year but we did have Phillips and Hoilett all season plus Austin for half a season which ensured we finished higher up the league than we will this year

It doesn't really matter though as Warnock was in work when the job came up this time and circumstances were not right for him to take it when Ramsey went. No doubt at all he's a very good manager at this level

He is what he is.

Particularly enjoyed his quote post match after yesterdays game;

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock:

"That's what you call old-fashioned football, end-to-end stuff and that's why I love the game. It was great to be involved in one like that, especially coming out on the right side.

"It gives me a lot of pride when I see us come to a place like this and stand up and be counted, and that's why I love the Championship more than any other league because you get genuine lads in this level.

"The goal before half-time helped us enormously. We talked about not thinking about drawing the game but trying to win it. I think we can go anywhere and give people a good game now. The biggest problem we've got is ourselves."
[Post edited 15 Feb 2017 23:10]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 23:02 - Feb 15 with 1148 viewsconnell10

Oh for Fock sake just let it go!! He ain't here he is gone , kaput, finished , left the building!! Move on!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 23:17 - Feb 15 with 1137 viewsPunteR

He's a brilliant championship manager. I think we would be higher up the league, probably midtable. Not sure he'd be structuring the team for the long term and I'm fairly certain he wouldn't enjoy working under a DoF, especially one that is keeping a close eye on things.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 23:20 - Feb 15 with 1136 viewsconnell10

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 17:18 - Feb 15 by DejR_vu

Cardiff were second bottom, with eight points from 11 games and -11 goal difference when he took over. We were 13th with 15 points and a -3 goal difference.

He's added 34 points and the goal difference has improved by four. They stand in 12th place.

We have added 19 points, seen our goal difference worsen by 11, and stand in 19th.

Pretty clear who is doing the better job.

Right let's sack Ollie and go all out to get Neil back!! Sack sack sack!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 23:59 - Feb 15 with 1115 viewsBrightonhoop

Hypothetical Question - Where would we be now if Warnock had been re-employed on 14:51 - Feb 15 by daveB

I agree he did a really good job and was unlucky not to get Williams, Graham etc after we went up but he did have a decent (not great) transfer budget under Flavio and already had the nucleus of a side that stayed up in the end. He brought in several players who were no longer needed by the end of August. I thought he was too quick to write off players like Hill and Helguson who when he brought them back in were the ones to keep us up.

The panic stations signings didn't have to happen and bringing in those big names were a big part of his downfall with us and the start of our own meltdown over the last few years.

He shouldn't have been sacked though, I said that at the time but not many agreed. Too many fans were as star struck as Fernandes at that time wanting big names and Warnock didn't fit in anymore. A right cock up all round

Great post Dave. Someone above said they were star struck, I was overwhelmed with promo to the prem, having not followed it for years, and was at first a bit flushed at the signing of SWP, not just seeing that calibre/heritage in Hoops but the crazy money suddenly available, and in they all came, one knt after another.
Love Warnock, was sick when he was sacked, but was equally sick to see who he had signed.
I think Les has dragged us into a new era of at least developing youngsters, it's difficult to keep up with all the young'uns doing well on loan, Furlong Jnr came back a polished diamond.
Anyway, love Warnock for what he did, but the future beckons. If only TF had said to him, what do you need until January, then I'll get the cheque book out......ffs.
The last chapter of the 4 year plan when Amit was in the driving seat with a measured budget was one of my favourite times in 42 years. Then we were superb, as was Warnock, but this is now, that was then...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024