Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 142582 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:49 - Jun 17 with 2588 viewsMrSheen

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:44 - Jun 17 by robith

Do we? 2 of the 3 arms of the legisalture are unelected. The unelected house of Lords (40% hereditary) and the Queen have veto over our laws. Further we have an electoral system where UKIP get 8 million votes and 1 seat, while 25% of the population vote Conservative and they can do as they please

House of Lords now 11% hereditary (92/802) and UKIP got 3.9m votes. Not sure how much of a veto the queen has.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:51 - Jun 17 with 2584 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:31 - Jun 17 by TheBlob

Apparently not.

I tried , but the fckin insulting opportunist drivel I just read means that I let meself down .

Sorry mate .

I going to have a walk down to the pub ...coming ?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:03 - Jun 17 with 2554 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:44 - Jun 17 by robith

Do we? 2 of the 3 arms of the legisalture are unelected. The unelected house of Lords (40% hereditary) and the Queen have veto over our laws. Further we have an electoral system where UKIP get 8 million votes and 1 seat, while 25% of the population vote Conservative and they can do as they please

I'll give you the House of Lords but really the Queen. Are you putting the Queen, as an arm of the legislature, on equal terms with for example the President of the USA.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:10 - Jun 17 with 2514 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:45 - Jun 17 by stevec

In short, if you're a leftie, then anyone who has views even just partially to the right of their own then you are an Extremist Nazi Homophobic Raaaaayyyyciisssssstttt, thug.

It's a shallow world out there.

Except I didn't say that, or anything like it.

I said the views and tactics of the BNP had been a big influence on UKIP, and the success of UKIP was then why the Tories included the referendum in their manifesto.

I didn't call Out voters racists, or UKIP voters racists, or you a racist.

Leftie? I don't even know what that means really. I'm not a member of any party, I've voted for four different ones in my time. My grandparents all lived on council estates, I went to state schools, I don't read The Guardian. Anything else? I don't even think of myself as especially political, just a depressingly middle-aged bloke from west London with kids and a mortgage.

But keep having arguments with people that don't exist and saying things they didn't really say. Crack on.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2016 16:19]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:11 - Jun 17 with 2520 viewsQPRDave

Been hearing alot of disrespectful points scoring after the events of yesterday on at least 2 bbc radio stations today.
The left imo are just shutting down the referendum like they do debate by just painting anyone who wants brexit as nazi racists.
How the hell does that help?...It's as divisive as anything they 're complaining about, yet they just don't see it
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:12 - Jun 17 with 2515 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:51 - Jun 17 by essextaxiboy

I tried , but the fckin insulting opportunist drivel I just read means that I let meself down .

Sorry mate .

I going to have a walk down to the pub ...coming ?

If you're buying I am.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:24 - Jun 17 with 2483 viewsstevec

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:10 - Jun 17 by DannytheR

Except I didn't say that, or anything like it.

I said the views and tactics of the BNP had been a big influence on UKIP, and the success of UKIP was then why the Tories included the referendum in their manifesto.

I didn't call Out voters racists, or UKIP voters racists, or you a racist.

Leftie? I don't even know what that means really. I'm not a member of any party, I've voted for four different ones in my time. My grandparents all lived on council estates, I went to state schools, I don't read The Guardian. Anything else? I don't even think of myself as especially political, just a depressingly middle-aged bloke from west London with kids and a mortgage.

But keep having arguments with people that don't exist and saying things they didn't really say. Crack on.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2016 16:19]

Well saying 'the views and tactics of the BNP had been a big influence on UKIP' is by and large creating a perception that UKIP supporters are racist.

Let's be honest, there is no other reason for you to make such a statement is there?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:56 - Jun 17 with 2435 viewsrobith

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:49 - Jun 17 by MrSheen

House of Lords now 11% hereditary (92/802) and UKIP got 3.9m votes. Not sure how much of a veto the queen has.

Oh well, it's totally ok then!
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:57 - Jun 17 with 2429 viewsrobith

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:03 - Jun 17 by QPR_John

I'll give you the House of Lords but really the Queen. Are you putting the Queen, as an arm of the legislature, on equal terms with for example the President of the USA.

Regardless of whether she uses it or, all our laws have to be approved by her, and she has a royal veto. Constitutionally she is an arm of the legislature
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:59 - Jun 17 with 2426 viewsTacticalR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:24 - Jun 17 by stevec

Well saying 'the views and tactics of the BNP had been a big influence on UKIP' is by and large creating a perception that UKIP supporters are racist.

Let's be honest, there is no other reason for you to make such a statement is there?

Let's hear what the founder of UKIP has to say on the subject:

"The de facto leader of Ukip since 1999 has been a racist political failure," Sked counters. He means, of course, Nigel Farage. But even if Farage's recent statements about not wanting to live next door to Romanians suggest he is xenophobic, is there any proof he was racist when he and Sked worked together in the mid-1990s? Sked laughs at the question and recalls an incident from 1997 when the two men were arguing over the kind of candidates that Ukip should have standing at the looming general election. "He wanted ex-National Front candidates to run and I said, 'I'm not sure about that,' and he said, 'There's no need to worry about the nígger vote. The nig-nogs will never vote for us.'"

Sked also points out that Farage has boasted that he has taken £2m in expenses from the EU.

Ukip founder Alan Sked: 'The party has become a Frankenstein's monster'
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/26/ukip-founder-alan-sked-party-bec

Air hostess clique

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:06 - Jun 17 with 2403 viewsQPRDave

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:59 - Jun 17 by TacticalR

Let's hear what the founder of UKIP has to say on the subject:

"The de facto leader of Ukip since 1999 has been a racist political failure," Sked counters. He means, of course, Nigel Farage. But even if Farage's recent statements about not wanting to live next door to Romanians suggest he is xenophobic, is there any proof he was racist when he and Sked worked together in the mid-1990s? Sked laughs at the question and recalls an incident from 1997 when the two men were arguing over the kind of candidates that Ukip should have standing at the looming general election. "He wanted ex-National Front candidates to run and I said, 'I'm not sure about that,' and he said, 'There's no need to worry about the nígger vote. The nig-nogs will never vote for us.'"

Sked also points out that Farage has boasted that he has taken £2m in expenses from the EU.

Ukip founder Alan Sked: 'The party has become a Frankenstein's monster'
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/26/ukip-founder-alan-sked-party-bec

Ever thought that might be lies tactical?
I've never heard of this bloke, so maybe it's his views the party moved away from?
Oh and good luck with leftie/pc treehuggers printing the N word
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:08 - Jun 17 with 2393 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:57 - Jun 17 by robith

Regardless of whether she uses it or, all our laws have to be approved by her, and she has a royal veto. Constitutionally she is an arm of the legislature

If the President of the USA vetoes a bill it goes back and forth, if the Queen vetoed a bill there would be a constitutional crises and a general election. Of course she has to sign every bill but it is purely a technicality and she really has no powers.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:28 - Jun 17 with 2354 viewsDeepcutHoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:06 - Jun 17 by QPRDave

Ever thought that might be lies tactical?
I've never heard of this bloke, so maybe it's his views the party moved away from?
Oh and good luck with leftie/pc treehuggers printing the N word

Only an idiot would take offence of the use of an offensive word in that context.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:30 - Jun 17 with 2350 viewsQPRDave

Germanys Largest Bank Says Massive UK Growth After Brexit - BBC and Remainers Silent

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/15/germans-largest-bank-says-massive-uk-
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:34 - Jun 17 with 2332 viewsDeepcutHoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:11 - Jun 17 by QPRDave

Been hearing alot of disrespectful points scoring after the events of yesterday on at least 2 bbc radio stations today.
The left imo are just shutting down the referendum like they do debate by just painting anyone who wants brexit as nazi racists.
How the hell does that help?...It's as divisive as anything they 're complaining about, yet they just don't see it

The guy on LBC said it very well IMO

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/every-word-of-james-obriens-rant-about-
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:03 - Jun 17 with 2283 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:24 - Jun 17 by stevec

Billy Bragg had it right yesterday saying not every out voter is racist, but every racist will vote out.

The correlation between UKIP and BNP/National Front is indisputable, UKIP are just the 'respectable' face of BNP.

The disgraceful campaigning on both sides is directly responsible for what happened yesterday and the Vote on thursday should be binned. Farrage's petty hatred and dream of Little England and Cameron's raising fears on everything from War to Pensions is a travesty, neither will admit it but they both have blood on their hands. The only decent thing to do is cancel the Vote and call a General Election. UK more than ever needs Leadership. So glad to be out of it but genuinely worry what the future of that place holds for my children.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:14 - Jun 17 with 2264 viewsQPRDave

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:22 - Jun 17 with 2251 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:14 - Jun 17 by QPRDave

One of the University bibles and along with Leo Strauss' making a deliberate arseole of yourself.
It's all so predictably the same.

http://www.bestofbeck.com/wp/activism/saul-alinskys-12-rules-for-radicals

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:30 - Jun 17 with 2237 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:12 - Jun 17 by TheBlob

If you're buying I am.

One day when you get your arse down here to meet Me, Disco and PP on a matchday I will be ...cheapskate
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:33 - Jun 17 with 2229 viewsDeepcutHoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:14 - Jun 17 by QPRDave

Coming from someone who loses their temper everytime someone disagrees with them.

Someone get hold of Alanis....
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:34 - Jun 17 with 2232 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:30 - Jun 17 by essextaxiboy

One day when you get your arse down here to meet Me, Disco and PP on a matchday I will be ...cheapskate

You never know your luck.
I am quite a cheap date.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:48 - Jun 17 with 2211 viewsR_from_afar

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:30 - Jun 17 by QPRDave

Germanys Largest Bank Says Massive UK Growth After Brexit - BBC and Remainers Silent

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/15/germans-largest-bank-says-massive-uk-

But....

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jun/15/suns-brexit-boost-to-shares-front-p

Excerpts:

"The “rocket booster” then turns out to be not an increase, but a smaller decline than that witnessed elsewhere".

"A day after the newspaper’s front page editorial, beseeching voters to “BeLEAVE in Britain”, the tabloid put together a bizarre pastiche involving Remain’s dwindling poll lead, “nasty Euro moths” and what a large sub-headline described as a “Brexit Rocket Boost to Shares”. What makes this last item the stand-out in this bizarre brew is that the big financial story overnight had been the £30bn wiped off the FTSE on Tuesday, which was widely thought to be associated with the surging position of the leave camp in the latest polls".

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:01 - Jun 17 with 2183 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:48 - Jun 17 by R_from_afar

But....

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jun/15/suns-brexit-boost-to-shares-front-p

Excerpts:

"The “rocket booster” then turns out to be not an increase, but a smaller decline than that witnessed elsewhere".

"A day after the newspaper’s front page editorial, beseeching voters to “BeLEAVE in Britain”, the tabloid put together a bizarre pastiche involving Remain’s dwindling poll lead, “nasty Euro moths” and what a large sub-headline described as a “Brexit Rocket Boost to Shares”. What makes this last item the stand-out in this bizarre brew is that the big financial story overnight had been the £30bn wiped off the FTSE on Tuesday, which was widely thought to be associated with the surging position of the leave camp in the latest polls".

RFA

Its just the city making money out of the uncertainty . Watch the day traders cash in on the 24th whichever way it goes . Its just a reaction to noise , nothing more .
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:14 - Jun 17 with 2164 viewsterryb

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:45 - Jun 17 by stevec

In short, if you're a leftie, then anyone who has views even just partially to the right of their own then you are an Extremist Nazi Homophobic Raaaaayyyyciisssssstttt, thug.

It's a shallow world out there.

And if your to the right, everyone to the left of you, including the Major & Heath government's, are raving communists!

It is a very shallow world out there!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:15 - Jun 17 with 2163 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:01 - Jun 17 by essextaxiboy

Its just the city making money out of the uncertainty . Watch the day traders cash in on the 24th whichever way it goes . Its just a reaction to noise , nothing more .

I've considered your views somewhat educated, passionate and often reasoned which has made the arguments interesting at times. But that comment, either by design or ignorance, is missing the crucial point and stability of the sovereign currency Sterling, ie the pound in your pocket.

It is currently up and down like a whores draws, every pro or out Poll drags it up or down by several cents to the Euro, and there is every likelihood, not scaremogering but on current and real evidence, that Sterling risks falling through the floor as Markets view the Out vote with disdain and BoE has to raise Interest rates to stabilise the pound, tipping many homeowners into payment levels they have no hope of making and repossesions, collapsing the housing market. It's a very real likelihood of Out. It is one of several big topics that never gets discussed by Farage and co, I cant think why....I'd prefer he had a weak answer than the current sound of silence on so many issues.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024