Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marks out of 10 for Mr Redknapp today? 15:49 - Oct 19 with 3190 viewskropotkin41

At least he rolled his sleeves up and stood up, seemed involved, but...............

I still want him gone and I don't think that improvement was down to him. I suspect the hand of Mr Hoddle in training + (the possibly forced) selection of some hungry players.

Thoughts?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Marks out of 10 for Mr Redknapp today? on 07:36 - Oct 20 with 791 viewsdaveB

Marks out of 10 for Mr Redknapp today? on 01:17 - Oct 20 by vegasranger

4/10

Good first half. Terrible substitution, how many teams lose a player at half time to a hamstring injury? Poor training and conditioning yet again. Really should have sat back on the free kick and took the point.

They did sit back on the free kick,he called the defenders back
Marks out of 10 for Mr Redknapp today? on 11:42 - Oct 20 with 732 viewsrobith

Tale of 2 halves. We were set up well, were hungry from the start, created umpteen chances and should've been out of sight at half time. I was remarkably impressed.

However, my biggest criticism of Redknapp is he doesn't know how to address a situation going against him - hence why we often get pummelled. Injuries occur, but his solutions to them undid a lot of that work. Putting on Phillips who is painfully out of form was cruel enough (and I was yearning to see Hoilett run at that Liverpool back 4) but he also ceded our shape which had been so effective. The Traore change was also confusing as it meant we ended up with a middle 2 of Henry and Fer, neither of whom really work in a midfield 2, and certainly saw a drop off in effectiveness of Fer.

It was a remarkable improvement in performance which now needs to be sustained and converted into points. We are already well behind the run rate and can ill afford such profligacy and defensive brain freezes again. To equalise twice so late and still lose in our position is unacceptable.

Redknapp - well I never wanted him in the first place so my opinion on that is moot anyway. I think we're stuck with him anyway so I'd like more of that please.
Marks out of 10 for Mr Redknapp today? on 11:59 - Oct 20 with 712 viewsAntti_Heinola

If he can keep the players working that hard and pressing the oppo like they did yesterday, I won't have too many complaints.. But it has to be consistent. Agree with Robith about Phillips. I like him, and he scored 2 v Wolves and Enrique was having a total mare first half, so can see the thinking behind it, but in reality Hoilett has been better than him all season, and is a better defender too, and is faster.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 12:01]

Bare bones.

Marks out of 10 for Mr Redknapp today? on 12:46 - Oct 20 with 688 viewsDiscodroids

10/10....the way we conceeded our 16th, 17th and 18th goals of the season while still in in october was a masterstoke.

a diabolical human splice of enzo bearzot, helmut schoen and cesar luis monetti.

never since the days of revie's leeds have i witnessed such defensive iron will.

it was also good to see harold shake off his charles xaviar legs and rise up for the first time since august the 16th, like something from 'the returned'

he's employ as our manager and this fiendish pacy axis/spine of dunne/rio/henry and zamora after 2 years in charge will surely have us round a camp fire toasting marshmellows with a yah boo sucks to relegation in time for mince pies and santa
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 12:50]

A Number One.

Marks out of 10 for Mr Redknapp today? on 13:51 - Oct 20 with 646 viewsPinnerPaul

Marks out of 10 for Mr Redknapp today? on 01:17 - Oct 20 by vegasranger

4/10

Good first half. Terrible substitution, how many teams lose a player at half time to a hamstring injury? Poor training and conditioning yet again. Really should have sat back on the free kick and took the point.

Loads of clubs lose players to injury in first 45'!
Marks out of 10 for Mr Redknapp today? on 14:17 - Oct 20 with 628 viewscorse

4/10.
we got what we deserved. 2-3 against poor liverpool side after terrible and amateurish mistakes in defence. two own goals ffs.
first one our players were still talking bout the weather when liverpool gave a quick free kick and dunne panicked.
second one ...come on really...you call that defending?
third one fast counter attack and panic. again. so far i have not seen anything that tells me caulker is a player to cope in prem. dunne defo isnt and we all know what ferdinand is. we all knew before the season started that we need two centre backs.
and what did we got. a championship player and a geriatric.
and oh yes this is good..one of the best players on pitch onuoha gets injured and what does harry do. takes isla down toreplace onuoha and brings phillips into where isla was. that leaves the whole right side vunerable. and why ? harry decided to sell simpson who would have been just perfect for this kind of situation.
dont get too exited of this game.
villa, chelsum and citeh next and i cannot see any points coming.
Marks out of 10 for Mr Redknapp today? on 14:20 - Oct 20 with 624 viewsPinnerPaul

Marks out of 10 for Mr Redknapp today? on 14:17 - Oct 20 by corse

4/10.
we got what we deserved. 2-3 against poor liverpool side after terrible and amateurish mistakes in defence. two own goals ffs.
first one our players were still talking bout the weather when liverpool gave a quick free kick and dunne panicked.
second one ...come on really...you call that defending?
third one fast counter attack and panic. again. so far i have not seen anything that tells me caulker is a player to cope in prem. dunne defo isnt and we all know what ferdinand is. we all knew before the season started that we need two centre backs.
and what did we got. a championship player and a geriatric.
and oh yes this is good..one of the best players on pitch onuoha gets injured and what does harry do. takes isla down toreplace onuoha and brings phillips into where isla was. that leaves the whole right side vunerable. and why ? harry decided to sell simpson who would have been just perfect for this kind of situation.
dont get too exited of this game.
villa, chelsum and citeh next and i cannot see any points coming.

So all mistakes on the pitch are down to the manager?

Lots of managers should be looking for a new job today if that's the case!

Honestly mate if you can't see even a glimmer of hope after that you should really give it up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024