Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club gives Starmer £2000? 20:17 - Sep 18 with 1401 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Swansea City on the list of organisations that have “gifted” Keir Starmer since the start of the 2019 parliament. £107,000 in total.

Why?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 20:19 - Sep 18 with 1234 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Morgan’s hotel on there as well. £3000.

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 20:20 - Sep 18 with 1224 viewsDr_Winston

Hospitality probably. Stays in Morgan's if he's politicking in town. Think he's been to the stadium at least once.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 20:27 - Sep 18 with 1191 viewsWhiterockin

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 20:20 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

Hospitality probably. Stays in Morgan's if he's politicking in town. Think he's been to the stadium at least once.

Politician on the take, now there's a surprise.
Club gives Starmer £2000? on 20:51 - Sep 18 with 1105 viewsKeithHaynes

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 20:27 - Sep 18 by Whiterockin

Politician on the take, now there's a surprise.

It’s not what you know …

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 20:59 - Sep 18 with 1084 viewsReslovenSwan1

People ask what does Ken Gude do?. I suspect he is in the frame there somewhere lobbying and doing general networking for the good of the club.

He is a reported as a political type of person with links to the USA Democratic party and the UK Labour party. What benefit does this have for Swansea city and Swansea in general.?

I have no idea to b honest. What I do know is he is not here "as Mr Coleman's golfing buddy" as some suggest.

Wrexham have done pretty well with their USA connecting with regard to levelling up money.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 21:03 - Sep 18 with 1062 viewsRhonddaSwans

Right why the hell is our club giving money away?

Our supporter base is not all left.
This is why politics and football should always be separate.

We paid for Starmers glasses we paid for starmers GLASSES 🤓!
Well most of them they cost nearly £2,500.
This system needs reform……………
Also anyone who gains favour from these donors left/right needs putting under the spotlight.
Favour should never be for sale.
Even if it is the Swans this has made me very uncomfortable.

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 21:08 - Sep 18 with 1048 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 20:20 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

How much politicking does a Labour leader realistically need to do in south wales? A Labour candidate could spend the whole campaign standing in the town square furiously masterbating and throwing faeces at passers by and would still get in comfortably.

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 21:11 - Sep 18 with 1043 viewsRhonddaSwans

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 21:08 - Sep 18 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

How much politicking does a Labour leader realistically need to do in south wales? A Labour candidate could spend the whole campaign standing in the town square furiously masterbating and throwing faeces at passers by and would still get in comfortably.

🤣 mate you should be on a stage I would say pay to see you live.
Seriously man I can’t remember a week where you didn’t make me laugh out loud.

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Login to get fewer ads

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 21:12 - Sep 18 with 1039 viewsLuther27

So football is allowed to financially court a politician but under UEFA/FIFA rules a Govt isn’t allowed to interfere with football to insure integrity.
Someone’s having a laugh here.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 21:55 - Sep 18 with 923 viewsQJumpingJack

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 20:59 - Sep 18 by ReslovenSwan1

People ask what does Ken Gude do?. I suspect he is in the frame there somewhere lobbying and doing general networking for the good of the club.

He is a reported as a political type of person with links to the USA Democratic party and the UK Labour party. What benefit does this have for Swansea city and Swansea in general.?

I have no idea to b honest. What I do know is he is not here "as Mr Coleman's golfing buddy" as some suggest.

Wrexham have done pretty well with their USA connecting with regard to levelling up money.

Starmer visited the Liberty for a midweek game - possibly a League Cup tie well before Andy and Ken joined the club. From memory Starmer visited The Liberty in August 2022 while staying in Oxwich.
Club gives Starmer £2000? on 22:05 - Sep 18 with 873 viewsKeithHaynes

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 21:12 - Sep 18 by Luther27

So football is allowed to financially court a politician but under UEFA/FIFA rules a Govt isn’t allowed to interfere with football to insure integrity.
Someone’s having a laugh here.

We are the lower classes, and we should know our place.

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 22:41 - Sep 18 with 800 viewsbuilthjack

He was at the Bournemouth game cheering us on.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 22:50 - Sep 18 with 773 viewsQJumpingJack

He went to Swansea vs Luton in August 2022:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/labour-leader-keir-starmer-swansea-24832449
Club gives Starmer £2000? on 08:12 - Sep 19 with 516 viewsDr_Winston

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 21:08 - Sep 18 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Very little, but appearances and all that.

In a lot of cases, these "gifts" are just equivalent value of hotel stays, event tickets, stuff like that. Some will obviously grift more than others though. Some will do their best to avoid declaring it.

All leads to what I've said before. MP's are underpaid. There are too many of them, but those that remain after the cull should earn considerably more. Less temptation to work second jobs/consultancies, less temptation to have the hand out.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 08:37 - Sep 19 with 475 viewsonehunglow

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 21:11 - Sep 18 by RhonddaSwans

🤣 mate you should be on a stage I would say pay to see you live.
Seriously man I can’t remember a week where you didn’t make me laugh out loud.

He’s a joy for sure

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 08:53 - Sep 19 with 461 viewsThurrockJack92

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 08:12 - Sep 19 by Dr_Winston

In a lot of cases, these "gifts" are just equivalent value of hotel stays, event tickets, stuff like that. Some will obviously grift more than others though. Some will do their best to avoid declaring it.

All leads to what I've said before. MP's are underpaid. There are too many of them, but those that remain after the cull should earn considerably more. Less temptation to work second jobs/consultancies, less temptation to have the hand out.

100%. Starmer hasn't been any worse in this regard in comparison to other MPs or Party Leaders, but it is not a good look when part of the reason you were elected was to clear out the rot.
Club gives Starmer £2000? on 08:54 - Sep 19 with 459 viewsWhiterockin

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 08:12 - Sep 19 by Dr_Winston

One needs to look behind the headline figures as they dont always show the full facts. If he stayed in a local hotel and everything was waved for Starmer and his guests in a private dining room and Starmer overnight. Plus if he was provided with a box and hospitality for said guests at the stadium, one needs to question who the guests were as he obviously hosted as he declared the freebie. Surely a couple of complementary tickets and an overnight stay is one thing but.......
Club gives Starmer £2000? on 08:59 - Sep 19 with 454 viewsWhiterockin

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 08:53 - Sep 19 by ThurrockJack92

100%. Starmer hasn't been any worse in this regard in comparison to other MPs or Party Leaders, but it is not a good look when part of the reason you were elected was to clear out the rot.

Starmer has been worse, he has received more than any other MP in the period since 2019, in fact more than double the next highest. So yes he is worse that the others.

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-keir-starmer-declares-gifts-and-freebies-totallin
Club gives Starmer £2000? on 09:44 - Sep 19 with 417 viewsThurrockJack92

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 08:59 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

Starmer has been worse, he has received more than any other MP in the period since 2019, in fact more than double the next highest. So yes he is worse that the others.

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-keir-starmer-declares-gifts-and-freebies-totallin

Maybe, but it is not an insignificant fact that Tory MPs have previous for not declaring these things, so who knows what the actual figures are. The long and the short of it is that MPs should not be accepting gifts full stop and they are all as bad as each other in that regard.
Club gives Starmer £2000? on 09:56 - Sep 19 with 407 viewsWhiterockin

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 09:44 - Sep 19 by ThurrockJack92

Maybe, but it is not an insignificant fact that Tory MPs have previous for not declaring these things, so who knows what the actual figures are. The long and the short of it is that MPs should not be accepting gifts full stop and they are all as bad as each other in that regard.

All politicians accept freebies it will never be stopped. It starts with a complimentary ticket or an invite to dinner and very quickly spirals and they find themselves in to deep to get out. A typical scenario is, remember that villa I sorted out for you, well the guy who owns it is looking for a favour......
Club gives Starmer £2000? on 09:58 - Sep 19 with 405 viewsYrAlarch

As a committed Labour supporter I find it depressing that the Party Leader, and now Prime Minister, is accepting all these freebees on his own behalf and that of his wife. Not only is it tawdry and demeaning, given their own private means, but it's a smack in the face for those like me who (perhaps naively) believed we would see better behaviour from those who govern our country. I have become disillusioned.
Club gives Starmer £2000? on 10:01 - Sep 19 with 399 viewsDr_Winston

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 08:54 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

One needs to look behind the headline figures as they dont always show the full facts. If he stayed in a local hotel and everything was waved for Starmer and his guests in a private dining room and Starmer overnight. Plus if he was provided with a box and hospitality for said guests at the stadium, one needs to question who the guests were as he obviously hosted as he declared the freebie. Surely a couple of complementary tickets and an overnight stay is one thing but.......

That's kinda the point of the register, so it can be checked who these "gifts" came from. To do the level of digging required to find out all that information would probably require a team of hundreds to Police all MP's. A necessary evil perhaps. Maybe a bit OTT.

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 10:40 - Sep 19 with 302 viewsKeithHaynes

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 08:54 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

Maybe he did stay in a known local hotel 🫨

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 11:23 - Sep 19 with 251 viewsWhiterockin

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 10:40 - Sep 19 by KeithHaynes

Maybe he did stay in a known local hotel 🫨

I know
Club gives Starmer £2000? on 11:57 - Sep 19 with 217 viewsonehunglow

Club gives Starmer £2000? on 09:58 - Sep 19 by YrAlarch

As a committed Labour supporter I find it depressing that the Party Leader, and now Prime Minister, is accepting all these freebees on his own behalf and that of his wife. Not only is it tawdry and demeaning, given their own private means, but it's a smack in the face for those like me who (perhaps naively) believed we would see better behaviour from those who govern our country. I have become disillusioned.

Honest stuff
Triffic post
I lost respect for politicians roundabout Harold Wilson's time of lying

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024