Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When you realised there was no meaning to life and no God 22:02 - Sep 5 with 6711 viewsqprxtc

When I opened an English Breakfast In A Tin from a 7/11 in Shepherds Bush when I was left home alone for a week and all out of dough.

I thought it was a godsend and the greatest idea known to me. After a night in The Mailcoach.

It was that moment looking into that tin that I realised mankind can never achieve transcendence and nihilism is the only true philosophy.

That and Vauxhall Motors.
When you realised there was no meaning to life and no God on 22:37 - Sep 6 with 888 viewsnix

When you realised there was no meaning to life and no God on 19:21 - Sep 6 by CLAREMAN1995

I just opened a report that was released in Ireland this week about the abuse that was carried out in Religious schools Nicole and it was stomach churning disgusting .It was mostly carried out by priests/christian brothers and lay people but always connected to religion .The brutality those boys mostly suffered was life changing for the worst and they wont get justice because most of the predators are dead now.
There was supposed to be a report on nuns physically and abusing girls in their care but it appears to to have been swept away under some rug .
As for God its impossible to know because nobody has arrived back from the afterlife yet but if it gives comfort ,solace and peace then why not I say.
I try to live by my concious ,hurt nobody ,help who I can and try and show my kids who will carry on my name the way to lead productive lives and far surpass what I was able to achieve

Yep it's all terrible and doesn't seem to chime with Jesus's teachings.

There's some great stuff in religious texts but it's all down to the people who appoint themselves as interpreters and preachers of it and how they cherry pick the bits that suit them.

Being a spiritual person is something entirely different. I like the idea of being in touch with your own higher (best) self. That doesn't eliminate the stuff that makes life fun. Just means among other things you are a decent person who thinks a bit more deeply about life.
When you realised there was no meaning to life and no God on 00:46 - Sep 7 with 772 viewsnumptydumpty

When you realised there was no meaning to life and no God on 19:47 - Sep 6 by rbee

How about Highbury in 1982 when a West Brom clearance hit Clive Allen's knee?

That would have proved there was a God though !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

When you realised there was no meaning to life and no God on 21:16 - Sep 7 with 621 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

When you realised there was no meaning to life and no God on 23:01 - Sep 7 with 550 viewsOregonQPR

When my father beat me with regularity from ages 5-15 and adults that I appealed to for help did nothing.

Eventually helped myself by running away and sleeping on the roof of a block of flats for a month. Haven’t see him since and that was 1983.
When you realised there was no meaning to life and no God on 23:17 - Sep 7 with 541 viewsBoston

When you realised there was no meaning to life and no God on 23:01 - Sep 7 by OregonQPR

When my father beat me with regularity from ages 5-15 and adults that I appealed to for help did nothing.

Eventually helped myself by running away and sleeping on the roof of a block of flats for a month. Haven’t see him since and that was 1983.

Sad to read that Oregon, the mistreatment of children, particularly by their parents, is one of the few things that makes my blood boil enough to ...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

When you realised there was no meaning to life and no God on 01:57 - Sep 8 with 483 viewsFredManRave

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024