Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Germany Legalises Cannabis ... 15:01 - Feb 23 with 3094 viewstheloneranger

"The German parliament has backed a new law to allow the recreational use of cannabis."

"Under the law, over-18s in Germany will be allowed to possess substantial amounts of cannabis, but strict rules will make it difficult to buy the drug."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68378807

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 13:52 - Feb 24 with 884 viewsBarrySwan

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 11:19 - Feb 24 by Gwyn737

My point WR is if it was legal we could control what’s in it and the strength. Also the issues raised in the paper can be applied to alcohol (even more clearly if hypothetically alcohol was illegal).

Dealers out of action and tax revenue too.

It’s not just Germany who have gone down the legalisation route - Canada and 24 states of the US for staters. Seems to be reasonably successful so far.

There be bad example I’m sure, but the same can be said with alcohol.

Oh yes just like the massive illegal tobacco trade and tax evasion on ciggies doesn't exist because the sale of tobacco products is legal?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/07/07/portugal-drugs-decriminalization
[Post edited 24 Feb 13:54]
Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 14:02 - Feb 24 with 860 viewsGwyn737

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 13:52 - Feb 24 by BarrySwan

Oh yes just like the massive illegal tobacco trade and tax evasion on ciggies doesn't exist because the sale of tobacco products is legal?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/07/07/portugal-drugs-decriminalization
[Post edited 24 Feb 13:54]

I’m unable to access the link, I’m afraid.

Is your position unless we can get rid of all dealers and all counterfeiting we shouldn’t bother?

Can you point me to any law, ever that has completely worked in banning something?
Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 14:05 - Feb 24 with 860 viewsWhiterockin

My point WR is if it was legal we could control what’s in it and the strength. Also the issues raised in the paper can be applied to alcohol (even more clearly if hypothetically alcohol was illegal).

It’s not just Germany who have gone down the legalisation route - Canada and 24 states of the US for staters. Seems to be reasonably successful so far.

Fair enough, but I wonder what the feelings would be if alcohol and tobacco were illegal and there was talk of legalising them. After all just because history has decreed that they are currently legal it doesn't necessarily make it right to make cannabis legal.
Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 14:13 - Feb 24 with 852 viewsGwyn737

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 14:05 - Feb 24 by Whiterockin

Fair enough, but I wonder what the feelings would be if alcohol and tobacco were illegal and there was talk of legalising them. After all just because history has decreed that they are currently legal it doesn't necessarily make it right to make cannabis legal.

That’s a really good point.

And if (like you have) sensible comparisons to alcohol and tobacco are made then it helps the conversation.

Maybe the strength of punishments should be looked at. We now know for definite that stronger punishments don’t decrease use.
Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 15:09 - Feb 24 with 805 viewsSullutaCreturned

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 14:13 - Feb 24 by Gwyn737

That’s a really good point.

And if (like you have) sensible comparisons to alcohol and tobacco are made then it helps the conversation.

Maybe the strength of punishments should be looked at. We now know for definite that stronger punishments don’t decrease use.

On your last point, it really doesn't help that drugs are apparently freely available in our prisons.
Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 15:27 - Feb 24 with 797 viewsWingstandwood

The reviews of this book are extremely interesting, whilst we're at it? Lets get rage inducing Trenbolone on the supermarket shelves right next to Anadin, start allowing air rifles over 12 ft pounds power and encourage the breeding and proliferation of killer dog breeds etc?

I make the bleeding bloody obvious suggestion that laws are made for a genuine reason and not for the fun of it!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tell-Your-Children-Marijuana-Violence/dp/1982103663

Argus!

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 15:32 - Feb 24 with 794 viewsonehunglow

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 15:09 - Feb 24 by SullutaCreturned

On your last point, it really doesn't help that drugs are apparently freely available in our prisons.

We miss the pint
People should not be taking cannabis

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 15:48 - Feb 24 with 785 viewsGwyn737

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 15:27 - Feb 24 by Wingstandwood

The reviews of this book are extremely interesting, whilst we're at it? Lets get rage inducing Trenbolone on the supermarket shelves right next to Anadin, start allowing air rifles over 12 ft pounds power and encourage the breeding and proliferation of killer dog breeds etc?

I make the bleeding bloody obvious suggestion that laws are made for a genuine reason and not for the fun of it!

Is there one about alcohol?
Login to get fewer ads

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 16:11 - Feb 24 with 769 viewsonehunglow

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 15:48 - Feb 24 by Gwyn737

Is there one about alcohol?

This is the usual defence ,ie bring in alcohol.
We are talking drugs
We are talking about impairment
One beer is less imparing than a joint if dope

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 16:22 - Feb 24 with 761 viewsGwyn737

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 16:11 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

We are talking drugs

Then legislate accordingly.
Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 09:17 - Feb 26 with 660 viewsjackrmee

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 09:59 - Feb 24 by Whiterockin

https://mft.nhs.uk/app/uploads/2021/01/Cannabis-and-mental-health.pdf

Thanks mate.

No, I agree that cannabis can, rarely cause psychosis.
But you posted that cannabis induced psychosis is what’s bringing the NHS to its knees (or along those lines).

Cannabis helps millions more than it hinders, that’s a fact.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 09:24 - Feb 26 with 655 viewsjackrmee

I agree totally.

The absolute biggest problem with any drug use, is the fact that they aren’t regulated, so users do not know what they are using.

Overdoses are significantly reduced, and almost completely negated by good quality drugs.

As for cannabis…
A user cannot judge how much thc, cbd or other health boosting cannabinoids they are getting without knowing the exact strain and terpene profile of the flowers they are buying.
A dealer may be spraying it with sh!t, growing it with chemicals, or simply selling you a different strain than he says it is.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 10:05 - Feb 26 with 632 viewsjackrmee

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 12:04 - Feb 24 by Wingstandwood

Long term drug abuse damages minds, you have obviously never read the book that Peter Hitchens keeps banging on about that proves beyond all reasonable doubt that cannabis is linked to homicides.

Not that a book that contains the truth along with factual anecdotal evidence and medical expertise is your type of thing?

You are more of a David Icke fan hence your support for his claim that the Moon is an abandoned space-station, along with your belief that hundreds of CIA operatives carried in tons of thermite, removed hundreds of tons of outer construction membrane material to expose the thousands of steel interconnection points. And despite that? Thousands of World Trade Centre employees failed to notice all them heaped-up mounds of powder on the office carpets.

[Post edited 24 Feb 15:08]

There’s a lot of difference between drug use and long term abuse mate.
And cannabis, along with mushrooms and other hallucinogenic plants, are actually plant medicines and can be used as such.
Long term use of these types of substances can bring life and save lives.

Legalisation cleans up the substance. It’s way way safer.You don’t get dealers adding stuff to make drugs stronger and you don’t get harmful chemicals etc.
You get the actual strain you need for your certain medical issue and you are able to choose the strains with the correct terpene profile to help your issues. This is impossible without regulation.

When it comes to heavier drugs like crack or heroin, the life saving impact of decriminalisation is more pronounced. Overdoses in Portugal went down over 90% I believe, since they decriminalised ALL drugs. Plus, there are now millions of legal drug consumption rooms, where users can inject safely and collect clean needles etc. There has never been a single overdose in one of these setups.

You don’t even know me mate. I have 2 of Hitchen’s books in my library, compared to one of Icke.
I listen to truth. I listen to all sides.So what’s this book he bangs on about? I’ll check it out.
Just because I don’t belive what we are told about the moon, doesn’t mean I only listen to one side. Of course I’ve listened to what I’ve been taught in school about the moon. David Icke didn’t convince me otherwise, and I have never heard Icke talk about the moon. It was actual NASA scientists that have confirmed my belief that the moon is hollow. How a hollow structure like that can appear naturally is not fathomable to me, so I don’t belive the science narrative of the moon. I have never once said what I actually think the moon is and have never said it’s a space ship 😂 just that I don’t think what we are all taught is true. What’s wrong with that?

As for 911. We all know the official narrative is lies.
That’s all I’m saying. I have never once made up my own story or said that a conspiratorial story from someone else is true. All I have said is that the original narrative is a load of tosh.

To me, that shows that I am honest in my knowledge and that I do not know what’s going on or what the actual reasons for the deception is.
As opposed to people who just accept the stories that come out of the mouths of dodgy governments and their cronies who just want to make millions and rape the masses.

Ps. You seem like the type of person who dislikes the Elon Musk, Joe Rogan, Julian Assange type 🤷‍♂️
[Post edited 26 Feb 11:25]

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 10:07 - Feb 26 with 631 viewsjackrmee

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 12:53 - Feb 24 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The dealers won’t be out of action. Overnight they will become legitimate businessmen.

How? When their merchandise is now being provided by big corporations at better costs and quality, delivered straight to your door legally?

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 10:09 - Feb 26 with 619 viewsjackrmee

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 13:24 - Feb 24 by Gwyn737

Maybe some will but they’ll be in competition with much larger business in a competitive market.

Most dealers supply more than one thing, so if they were successful and stop dealing harder stuff then great.

Even if all the dealers ended up running legitimate shops, the children the use for county lines and delivery would no longer be needed. Another good thing.

Exactly. And the dealers would be forced to sell pharmaceutical grade products without harmful/deadly additives which they add to increase profits.
This is the killer, not the actual drug.

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 11:15 - Feb 26 with 595 viewsjackrmee

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 14:05 - Feb 24 by Whiterockin

If all three were discovered now…
Alcohol would probably be class A.
Tobacco kills and serves absolutely no therapeutic value, so would be banned.
Cannabis would be a medicinal wonder plant.

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 11:19 - Feb 26 with 595 viewsjackrmee

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 15:32 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

We miss the pint
People should not be taking cannabis

Mate, no offence, but psychiatrists and doctors think otherwise. They prescribe it for a plethora of issues, including mental health, pain and physical issues.

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 11:19 - Feb 26 with 595 viewsjackrmee

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 16:11 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

We are talking drugs

You believe alcohol is not a drug?

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 11:43 - Feb 26 with 599 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 11:15 - Feb 26 by jackrmee

If all three were discovered now…
Alcohol would probably be class A.
Tobacco kills and serves absolutely no therapeutic value, so would be banned.
Cannabis would be a medicinal wonder plant.

Coffee should be banned too.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 08:56 - Feb 27 with 526 viewsjackrmee

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 15:27 - Feb 24 by Wingstandwood

I like Berenson. Especially the work he did on COVID.

Here is him debating his claims on cannabis on JRE.
Not convincing to me at all. His claims are debatable at the very least.

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 08:58 - Feb 27 with 525 viewsjackrmee

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 11:43 - Feb 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Coffee should be banned too.

Personally I wouldn’t ban coffee.
Why would you think that?

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 13:43 - Feb 27 with 499 viewsBarrySwan

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 11:19 - Feb 26 by jackrmee

Mate, no offence, but psychiatrists and doctors think otherwise. They prescribe it for a plethora of issues, including mental health, pain and physical issues.

I don't claim to be an expert in these matters.

However

A couple of years ago I read a full page article written by the Dutch Chief Medical officer, in which she stated that anyone who thought that the legalising of Dutch Cannabis cafes proved that that everything was Hunky Dory in the legalised cannabis stakes was off their tiny little rockers.

She went on to articulate fully the horrendous schiczophrenia and Psychotic disorder Tsunami that was engulfing the Dutch healthcare Service.

So I suppose on balance I can either give credence to the opinion on this matter of bloke down pub / football message board

Or

The Chief medical officer of Holland who took the trouble to detail her considerable experience of the subject.

And my vote goes to.................drum roll......

The Chief Medical officer of Holland.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2782906/The-terrible-truth-cannabis-B
Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 14:10 - Feb 27 with 493 viewsonehunglow

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 13:43 - Feb 27 by BarrySwan

I don't claim to be an expert in these matters.

However

A couple of years ago I read a full page article written by the Dutch Chief Medical officer, in which she stated that anyone who thought that the legalising of Dutch Cannabis cafes proved that that everything was Hunky Dory in the legalised cannabis stakes was off their tiny little rockers.

She went on to articulate fully the horrendous schiczophrenia and Psychotic disorder Tsunami that was engulfing the Dutch healthcare Service.

So I suppose on balance I can either give credence to the opinion on this matter of bloke down pub / football message board

Or

The Chief medical officer of Holland who took the trouble to detail her considerable experience of the subject.

And my vote goes to.................drum roll......

The Chief Medical officer of Holland.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2782906/The-terrible-truth-cannabis-B

Son lived in The Hague for six years and we visited about five times per year.
Plenty of coffee shops .
The city still had a drugs problem as all its cities
Most Dutch people hate this .

It is best we create a society where dope is not seen as advantageous

And we have people seeing taxing drugs as a good ide!when it’s immoral
[Post edited 27 Feb 14:13]

Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 15:46 - Feb 27 with 469 viewssmoulder

• Psychosis is when you experience or believe things that other
people don’t.

Is this bit for real.....lol ???
Germany Legalises Cannabis ... on 16:24 - Feb 27 with 455 viewsonehunglow