Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amit has stepped down 12:03 - Nov 1 with 27667 viewsA40Bosh

Hoos has the lot!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Amit has stepped down on 12:16 - Nov 2 with 1638 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Amit has stepped down on 12:32 - Nov 2 with 1495 viewsTK1

Amit has stepped down on 12:16 - Nov 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I think we take all our scribbled theories on ownerships, CEOs and so forth, scrunch them up and bin them.
Amit has stepped down on 12:35 - Nov 2 with 1446 views1JD

Amit has stepped down on 16:55 - Nov 1 by Hunterhoop

That last sentence is the point of discussion. All some people are suggesting is that this news, and recent moves, perhaps coupled with other things some might have heard, lead them to think additional investment, perhaps causing a change in ownership, is happening behind the scenes rather than is not. Of course both are possibilities. You either think they are or are not though. You can’t think both as they are mutually exclusive.

Personally, I’d rather they weren’t given how the current owners fund the club and convert the debt to equity. I’d much rather just have Hoos, a new DOF, and this new manager run the show with Board simply funding our losses.

However, personally I don’t think that is what will happen. I think they are desperate for new investment and that investment comes in return for shares, which diminish existing board members shareholdings. Have long been suspicious of what Reilly is here for. And one or two other things I’ve heard make me think a change in ownership in the coming months is a distinct possibility. Could be good news. Could be bad news. Don’t know that!

And of course, I could very much be wrong! As suggested above, I kind of hope I am in a “better the devil you know” way.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 17:01]

Not sure why you think you club is desperate for investment. Have you seen Rubén’s late fathers net worth? 1.5b+. He could own the club in his own right, and is the majority shareholder. When we talk about owners, plural, it’s really mainly Ruben. His shareholding is around 70%.

There has also been nothing to suggest the club are desperate for investment. Everything suggests the opposite, since you don’t just pump in 20m for the training ground if you are desperate for investment. Amit and Ruben at the recent fans forum both said the outside investment they would be open to is less about the money, and more about the expertise of an additional board member who could help the club. But that they don’t need that person if it doesn’t exist.

And as I write this, Lee Hoos is now reconfirming the owners commitment in the latest club video. Things might change if we go down of course. And I think we might see a minority stake at some point, if they find the right individual, but unless Ruben wants to sell up, which he has shown no sign of, I’m not sure why there continues to be so much conjecture and speculation about a full on club sale.
Amit has stepped down on 12:44 - Nov 2 with 1374 viewsterryb

Amit has stepped down on 07:41 - Nov 2 by Northernr

If you're interested...

Cheers Clive. And Charlie. It felt at times like I was chatting to you at the bar at the C&S as It rather mirrored the few minutes that Simon & myself spoke with you last Saturday!

I do think you should have changed your drink though. Rioja now please Clive, rather than a Sauvignon Blanc!
Amit has stepped down on 13:12 - Nov 2 with 1238 viewsMonkey_Roots

Do you think the people that come up to Hoos at the stadium are the same ones who fawned over Briatore when he was here... 'Don't go Flavio, we love you'
Amit has stepped down on 13:24 - Nov 2 with 1155 viewsAndybrat

Amit has stepped down on 12:35 - Nov 2 by 1JD

Not sure why you think you club is desperate for investment. Have you seen Rubén’s late fathers net worth? 1.5b+. He could own the club in his own right, and is the majority shareholder. When we talk about owners, plural, it’s really mainly Ruben. His shareholding is around 70%.

There has also been nothing to suggest the club are desperate for investment. Everything suggests the opposite, since you don’t just pump in 20m for the training ground if you are desperate for investment. Amit and Ruben at the recent fans forum both said the outside investment they would be open to is less about the money, and more about the expertise of an additional board member who could help the club. But that they don’t need that person if it doesn’t exist.

And as I write this, Lee Hoos is now reconfirming the owners commitment in the latest club video. Things might change if we go down of course. And I think we might see a minority stake at some point, if they find the right individual, but unless Ruben wants to sell up, which he has shown no sign of, I’m not sure why there continues to be so much conjecture and speculation about a full on club sale.

I live near Reading and see what’s going on down the road, Shef Wed is scary. I’ve said this before we should be thankful, Hoos is a smart cookie I would rather him at the top of the tree. Someone on a thread mentioned Blackburn being the bottom point, reckon that is right as pretty sure that was when Marti came more into the frame. In our division there are financially more basket cases, to state the obvious we just need to get things right on the pitch. Big step this week.
Amit has stepped down on 14:27 - Nov 2 with 1046 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's a decent interview. I quite like Hoos, he always wins me over.

He still needs to find a CEO, and quick, and maybe - just maybe - this will allow him to get stricter with his bosses about their interference, so he can get us back on the FFP straight and narrow.

Amit has stepped down on 14:41 - Nov 2 with 1006 views1JD

Amit has stepped down on 14:27 - Nov 2 by BrianMcCarthy

It's a decent interview. I quite like Hoos, he always wins me over.

He still needs to find a CEO, and quick, and maybe - just maybe - this will allow him to get stricter with his bosses about their interference, so he can get us back on the FFP straight and narrow.

It is a good interview Brian, and he also wins me over frequently. It’s his throw away comments that grate and how dismissive he can be at times. I don’t see a new CEO coming in, the chairman role is not a full time gig it’s a part time executive role, that probably changes absolutely nothing in the current set up, as alluded to by Hoos himself.

All major decisions will be made by the owners, chaired by Hoos, who now has a seat at the table, whereas he might not have had that previously. The DOF role is the key one for me, and the level of interference that needs to stop to allow this role / person to have the desired influence on the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Amit has stepped down on 14:50 - Nov 2 with 976 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit has stepped down on 14:41 - Nov 2 by 1JD

It is a good interview Brian, and he also wins me over frequently. It’s his throw away comments that grate and how dismissive he can be at times. I don’t see a new CEO coming in, the chairman role is not a full time gig it’s a part time executive role, that probably changes absolutely nothing in the current set up, as alluded to by Hoos himself.

All major decisions will be made by the owners, chaired by Hoos, who now has a seat at the table, whereas he might not have had that previously. The DOF role is the key one for me, and the level of interference that needs to stop to allow this role / person to have the desired influence on the club.

I agree with all of that, but I don't agree with him having both roles. It's simply awful governance, and would not be tolerated in any company I've ever encountered.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024