Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Conspiracy Theories 17:34 - Dec 16 with 5196 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Proven, unproven, imagined
Football Conspiracy Theories on 07:23 - Dec 17 with 1704 viewsdistortR

Football Conspiracy Theories on 07:17 - Dec 17 by PunteR

Leicester winning the Premier league title. Wasn't all the players on performance inhancing drugs or something. ?

A doctor claimed to have given PEDs to Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea players.

Call it a conspiracy if you will, but try explaining Danny Drinkwater any other way,
hmmmmmmmmmmm?
Football Conspiracy Theories on 07:35 - Dec 17 with 1666 viewsPunteR

Football Conspiracy Theories on 07:23 - Dec 17 by distortR

A doctor claimed to have given PEDs to Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea players.

Call it a conspiracy if you will, but try explaining Danny Drinkwater any other way,
hmmmmmmmmmmm?

They put something in his water.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Football Conspiracy Theories on 07:58 - Dec 17 with 1647 viewsessextaxiboy

Football Conspiracy Theories on 18:47 - Dec 16 by Match82

I do love a good conspiracy theory but this one seems overblown.

The same tweet would have been sent if Brazil had made the final because of Neymar. Feels like some combination of a Argentina France, Argentina Brazil or France Brazil final would have been some of the most likely outcomes coming into this...

Exactly , all of the Referees all in on it ,all putting their careers and integrity on the line whilst being watched live and pored over by pundits ...really ?
Football Conspiracy Theories on 09:09 - Dec 17 with 1603 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Conspiracy Theories on 07:58 - Dec 17 by essextaxiboy

Exactly , all of the Referees all in on it ,all putting their careers and integrity on the line whilst being watched live and pored over by pundits ...really ?

Think you are taking a tongue in cheek post too seriously Essex.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 09:21 - Dec 17 with 1583 viewsQPRSteve

World football is secretly being run by Elvis Presley from his base on the Moon. His main aim is to get everyone to call the game soccer.

Lord Lucan is alive an well and has been living in Craven Cottage where he blends in with all the other Ruperts.

The second gunman on the grassy knoll was Sepp Blatter.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 09:24 - Dec 17 with 1578 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Conspiracy Theories on 09:21 - Dec 17 by QPRSteve

World football is secretly being run by Elvis Presley from his base on the Moon. His main aim is to get everyone to call the game soccer.

Lord Lucan is alive an well and has been living in Craven Cottage where he blends in with all the other Ruperts.

The second gunman on the grassy knoll was Sepp Blatter.

Football Conspiracy Theories on 09:56 - Dec 17 with 1531 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Back in the 80's and 90's, before the internet killed off all the my-mate-knows-someone-who-knows-for-a-fact rumours, every oppo goalie seemed to arrive with his own bank of lurid stories, all of them unrepeatable on here. There was, safe to say, usually a wife involved, very rarely their own. If a car could be added, so much the better. A country lane was worth extra rumour points.

All that was left was for someone to come up with song lyrics and that was The Loft happy for the day. Everyone always knew all the words instantly, too. Always.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Football Conspiracy Theories on 11:03 - Dec 17 with 1458 viewsessextaxiboy

Football Conspiracy Theories on 09:09 - Dec 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Think you are taking a tongue in cheek post too seriously Essex.

Maybe , re the posters on here , but I don’t think Jordan Zakarins tweet is tongue in cheek ?
Login to get fewer ads

Football Conspiracy Theories on 13:21 - Dec 17 with 1366 viewshubble

Football Conspiracy Theories on 21:17 - Dec 16 by NW5Hoop

My favourite, beloved of a now-retired generation of chief football writers, was that the reason Peter Bonetti had a shocker against West Germany in the 1970 quarter final is that he spent the night driving round Leon in a taxi trying to find his wife, who was in a hotel room at the time, having a threesome with Tarby and Kenny Lynch. I suspect there is no truth in it whatsoever. But great story.

Great story, if a little far-fetched! However, there were no shortage of conspiracy theories after England's exit to West Germany. This is from an excellent article on the game in the Guardian, which includes the contention that the CIA poisoned Gordon Banks:

"For some in the England camp, the manner of Banks’ illness, unlike the beer that caused it, was hard to swallow. What with Bobby Moore being arrested in Bogotá shortly before the World Cup on trumped-up charges of stealing a bracelet from a jeweller’s shop, the way the players were kept awake all night by rowdy Mexican fans banging dustbins on the eve of their crucial group game against Brazil while police stood idly by (the situation was so bad that at 4am some fans were put in England tracksuits and driven out of the hotel gates in the hope that the noisemakers would think the players had been evacuated and go home) and then the travel arrangements to Léon and their accommodation once there, some sniffed a conspiracy.

On his way home from the World Cup the Daily Telegraph’s football correspondent, Bob Oxby, stopped off in Washington to visit his cousin, the senator Stuart Symington. Symington told him — whether it was said in jest or in truth is unknown, though it does seem far-fetched — the CIA had been behind Banks’ bout of food poisoning, intended to remove from the tournament the only team considered likely to stop Brazil, where the political situation had been causing concern in Washington.

“Somebody got at him,” said the striker Peter Osgood. “We all did everything together as far as food and drink was concerned. We all ate the same things, we were all on salt tablets and various other pills to protect your stomach, which is why it was so hard to understand.”

Certainly a saboteur could hardly have chosen a better player to poison than England’s talismanic goalkeeper. “After the game I went looking for Alf and I couldn’t find him,” Ken Jones, the veteran Daily Mirror football correspondent, told Jeff Dawson, for his book Back Home: England and the 1970 World Cup. “The players are flopped out by the pool. Eventually I find him in his chalet with Cyril Broderick [who worked for the travel agent Thomas Cook and was in charge of England’s travel arrangements]. Broderick was pissed and was under the shower in his tracksuit. And I walked in and there were these champagne bottles. I said to Alf, ‘I don’t know what to say’. He said, ‘Do you want a drink?’ and I said, ‘Please.’ And he said, ‘Pour it your f*cking self.’ He looked at me and he said, ‘It had to be him. Of all the players to lose, it had to be him.’”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/09/world-cup-stunning-moments
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 13:34]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Football Conspiracy Theories on 14:12 - Dec 17 with 1334 viewsterryb

i've no idea if it is proven, unproven or imagined, but there have been allegations that Leeds United attempted to bribe Wolves into losing to them at the end of the '71/72 season. I think a draw would have been enough to win the Championship for Leeds, but their "double" went badly wrong that week! Certainly some Wolves players have stated that offers were made.

Lose to Sunderland on the Saturday in the FA Cup final & the following midweek led to Derby winning the league.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 14:14 - Dec 17 with 1330 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Conspiracy Theories on 11:03 - Dec 17 by essextaxiboy

Maybe , re the posters on here , but I don’t think Jordan Zakarins tweet is tongue in cheek ?

About sport washing? No it’s 100% spot on.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 14:36 - Dec 17 with 1304 viewsMrSheen

The Pools Panel are in an enchanted sleep in a cave on the Isle of Avalon, waiting to be summoned to save English football.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 14:44 - Dec 17 with 1289 viewsMiss_Terraces

The Gambling companies pay television and radio, huge sums to employ complete and utter idiots

Do I think it's true? No but there is an agenda in their choice of "pundits" and it's not for the benefit of Football

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Football Conspiracy Theories on 14:53 - Dec 17 with 1263 viewsThe_Beast1976

Les Ferdinand is evil.

There was another League Cup Final in 1986 following QPR's victory over Liverpool in the first final at Loftus Road (both QPR and Liverpool having been thrown out of the competition for betting irregularities after having played in the first final).
Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:11 - Dec 17 with 1186 viewsTomS

Keith Stroud is a Bournemouth fan.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:30 - Dec 17 with 1145 viewsThe_Beast1976

Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:11 - Dec 17 by TomS

Keith Stroud is a Bournemouth fan.

Graham Poll is a QPR fan
Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:34 - Dec 17 with 1121 viewsEsox_Lucius

A LOT of money changed hands for Geoff Thomas to get an England cap.

The grass is always greener.

Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:52 - Dec 17 with 1099 viewsDorse

Tamas Priskin was, in fact, a satirical character played by midget anarchist comedy duo 'Fukdapoleece Collective'. In order to perform, one would stand on the other's shoulders and bimble aimlessly about making huffing noises and muttering nihilistic comments on the nature of capitalism in a made up 'Hungaristanian' accent.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Football Conspiracy Theories on 18:22 - Dec 17 with 1067 viewsMiss_Terraces

The most ridiculous one is that we tried to buy brentford

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Football Conspiracy Theories on 18:56 - Dec 17 with 1006 viewsderbyhoop

Football Conspiracy Theories on 00:01 - Dec 17 by Loftgirl

Some believe there was a Milk Cup Final in '86. I'm having none of it.

Oxford were awarded the Cup as the other finalists conceded.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Football Conspiracy Theories on 23:04 - Dec 17 with 915 viewsloftus77

Football Conspiracy Theories on 21:10 - Dec 16 by Hayesender

The Palace 6-0, which was almost confirmed by the Paul Murray interview 😉

Yep. My first thought when I saw this thread.
All those dodgy balloons. And what was that Chinese guy up to?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024