Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup 07:50 - Aug 23 with 20323 viewsHullDale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:52 - Aug 24 with 3495 views442Dale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:48 - Aug 24 by Malley

I see your point however anything I posted has not been vulgar, demeaning or overly critical of anyone. Are you advocating that I should desist from posting. And no I had nothing to do with the photo

Thanks

No, I’m not saying anyone should desist from posting. Merely saying how it could impact a player when someone posts who has links to them.

It’s up to anyone what they choose to do.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 09:05 - Aug 24 with 3416 viewsMalley

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:52 - Aug 24 by 442Dale

No, I’m not saying anyone should desist from posting. Merely saying how it could impact a player when someone posts who has links to them.

It’s up to anyone what they choose to do.

Ok probably wise words and thanks for the advice much appreciated
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 09:08 - Aug 24 with 3384 viewsD_Alien

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:48 - Aug 24 by Malley

I see your point however anything I posted has not been vulgar, demeaning or overly critical of anyone. Are you advocating that I should desist from posting. And no I had nothing to do with the photo

Thanks

It's just a bit stupid really, to be posting in favour of a new squad member with an obvious link

You've been told already that doing so will be doing him no favours, it'll go down like a lead balloon with whoever's selecting the team and possibly his team-mates too

It's like the thick dad stood shouting on the sidelines at the school football match, almost guaranteed to have the opposite effect than intended
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 9:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 09:45 - Aug 24 with 3190 viewsBucketBstard

I am genuinely worried now.
Some are saying its okay in 5th tier of football, but I really have my doubts. All previous teams that have gone out have at least a standard of hardcore fans and the potential to bring in better crowds.
Yes we have a hardcore of fans and I salute the 500 that travelled last night, but we all know the apathy for our club in our town. There wont be many Spurs games or other Wembley appearances to whet the appetite.
If we go down I think we are done. It is vitally important that the board get this new appointment right and quickly. I do not envy their position at all.
I would certainly argue that this assembled lot of players are the worse set to be at the Dale , ever , nevermind 1973 .
If they do not have the ability at least give us the attitude and willingness to try to compete. It seems a stroll in the park.
Glad that most have seen the true worth of McNumpty.
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 09:58 - Aug 24 with 3118 views442Dale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 09:45 - Aug 24 by BucketBstard

Some are saying its okay in 5th tier of football, but I really have my doubts. All previous teams that have gone out have at least a standard of hardcore fans and the potential to bring in better crowds.
Yes we have a hardcore of fans and I salute the 500 that travelled last night, but we all know the apathy for our club in our town. There wont be many Spurs games or other Wembley appearances to whet the appetite.
If we go down I think we are done. It is vitally important that the board get this new appointment right and quickly. I do not envy their position at all.
I would certainly argue that this assembled lot of players are the worse set to be at the Dale , ever , nevermind 1973 .
If they do not have the ability at least give us the attitude and willingness to try to compete. It seems a stroll in the park.

There were nearly 700 there last night.

Previous replies have given examples of sides with far less talent.

Apathy in the town or not about the club, we have a core fan base which, unless they’ve been canvassed individually have not all indicated they would stop going to games if we were relegated.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 10:03 - Aug 24 with 3083 viewsTVOS1907

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 09:45 - Aug 24 by BucketBstard

"I am genuinely worried now."

What's so different to 24, 48 & 72 hours ago?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 10:24 - Aug 24 with 2965 viewsBrierls

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:36 - Aug 24 by frenzied

Jim clearly doesnt want the role nor do the board wish him to have it any longer than necessary...it is like giving Harry Maguire the role at Man Utd..

I dont think we have particulary bad players at all..they simply could not adapt to any system RS tried to put into place whilst others appear to have gone AWOL,,,What is happening with Charman and Campbell?

Whoever the new guy is coming into place has got a hell of a job ,,but could it really get any worse than it is at present?

Odd really because i felt pre season we looked reasonable.

Charman and Campbell are injured. In Campbell’s case returning from a long term injury.
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 11:14 - Aug 24 with 2873 viewsDaleiLama

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 09:05 - Aug 24 by Malley

Ok probably wise words and thanks for the advice much appreciated

Suggestion - no need to stop posting on the forum - start with a new user id in a few weeks time and post in generality based on observed performances, not familial bias.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 13:31 - Aug 24 with 2541 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:22 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

A coach at Sheff U according to Wikipedia so that could explain his presence - watching Seriki.

If he is in for the job, would take him tomorrow. Did well at Bristol Rovers before moving to Mansfield.

Is his record much different to what Stockdale's was? Like Stockdale he has mainly dealt with under 23s, not managing first team squads in the lower echelons of the EFL. We need someone this time who has been there and done it as far as a relegation fight.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 13:59 - Aug 24 with 2445 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 13:31 - Aug 24 by foreverhopefulDale

Is his record much different to what Stockdale's was? Like Stockdale he has mainly dealt with under 23s, not managing first team squads in the lower echelons of the EFL. We need someone this time who has been there and done it as far as a relegation fight.

Sorry my apologies, looks like he has managed FL teams ,
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/graham-coughlan/profil/trainer/15213

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 14:16 - Aug 24 with 2380 viewsJames1980

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 13:59 - Aug 24 by foreverhopefulDale

Sorry my apologies, looks like he has managed FL teams ,
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/graham-coughlan/profil/trainer/15213

'preferred formation 3 4 1 2'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 14:55 - Aug 25 with 1848 viewsAtThePeake

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 21:53 - Aug 23 by NorthernDale

The problem is McNulty cannot see how or like our previous managers, is unwilling to see that 5-3-2 is not working. He cannot see that what is becoming obvious that Ball is just poor, Diagouraga as the experience, but has all the pace of somebody with 'rigor mortis' and Kelly has ability, but physically struggles. I would seriously consider starting with Brierley, Malley and possibly Sinclair or Tulloch, with Hendo dropping into midfield with Diagouraga. However I suspect that McNulty lacks the imagination and ability to change the structure, starting eleven or style of play.

We need to go back to 4-4-2, I accept that to McNulty, like Stockdale and BBM this concept may sound heretical, but I believe it works.

May I ask, is Seriki required to start every game due to his loan terms, because he cannot defend.

BBM preferred 4-4-2 and stuck with it for way too long during the relegation season. Performances and results improved drastically when he went to a back three in the final month or two of that campaign.

Tangled up in blue.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 14:57 - Aug 25 with 1839 viewsAtThePeake

I know I never said it at the time but as the last week or so has dragged on I just want to say, I don't understand why anyone was 'thanking' Robbie Stockdale for his efforts with us.

He built a squad of players who are either inexperienced, over the hill, or just simply not good enough. The lack of will to win permeates through the squad and that's not because he left, it was there for his whole tenure. I get the impression that even if any of them do read this forum or Twitter, they'll barely care that their professionalism and commitment has been called into question.

I appreciate that the off-field issues will have been tough to deal with and that he lost key players in all three of his windows here, but he was backed with signings in January and the summer more than most previous managers have been and he's signed a raft of players who simply aren't up to League Two standard. He said at the Fans' Forum that the reason he played the system last season was because he felt it suited players like Corey O'Keeffe and Eoghan O'Connell. Those players left, so he signed more players that only fit into that system!

Everyone is saying 'stop playing 5 at the back!' but we don't have a proper left-back or right-back. Everyone is saying 'drop Ball' but who for? I'd love to see Brierley starting but he's 18 years old and loves the club, so putting him in the firing line right now could do more damage than good, and Malley has only been here a week or two. Everyone is saying 'we're not getting shots on target' but this is a squad with barely a single creative player in it - how are we supposed to shoot if we can't create chances to shoot? Of the 11 players to get more than one assist for us last season, only Keohane who hasn't yet played a game, and Liam Kelly remain - and not a single one of our new signings had more than 1 assist in the EFL last season.

I know people think there is ability in this squad but for me, whoever comes in has a massive, massive job on their hands to even make us compete in this division with this squad and that's Stockdale's legacy. Thanks indeed.

Tangled up in blue.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 17:17 - Aug 25 with 1603 viewsDaleFan7

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 14:57 - Aug 25 by AtThePeake

I know I never said it at the time but as the last week or so has dragged on I just want to say, I don't understand why anyone was 'thanking' Robbie Stockdale for his efforts with us.

He built a squad of players who are either inexperienced, over the hill, or just simply not good enough. The lack of will to win permeates through the squad and that's not because he left, it was there for his whole tenure. I get the impression that even if any of them do read this forum or Twitter, they'll barely care that their professionalism and commitment has been called into question.

I appreciate that the off-field issues will have been tough to deal with and that he lost key players in all three of his windows here, but he was backed with signings in January and the summer more than most previous managers have been and he's signed a raft of players who simply aren't up to League Two standard. He said at the Fans' Forum that the reason he played the system last season was because he felt it suited players like Corey O'Keeffe and Eoghan O'Connell. Those players left, so he signed more players that only fit into that system!

Everyone is saying 'stop playing 5 at the back!' but we don't have a proper left-back or right-back. Everyone is saying 'drop Ball' but who for? I'd love to see Brierley starting but he's 18 years old and loves the club, so putting him in the firing line right now could do more damage than good, and Malley has only been here a week or two. Everyone is saying 'we're not getting shots on target' but this is a squad with barely a single creative player in it - how are we supposed to shoot if we can't create chances to shoot? Of the 11 players to get more than one assist for us last season, only Keohane who hasn't yet played a game, and Liam Kelly remain - and not a single one of our new signings had more than 1 assist in the EFL last season.

I know people think there is ability in this squad but for me, whoever comes in has a massive, massive job on their hands to even make us compete in this division with this squad and that's Stockdale's legacy. Thanks indeed.

I didn't get the pre-season hype either to be honest and I had us either struggling or treading where we were last season, admittedly I didn't think we'd be THIS bad. We were poor last season and the signings we made didn't address the losing of the spine of the team from the last couple of windows. We are a team without a spine and a poor one at that, like you say its going to take a miracle worker to turn this team into a winning one.
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:18 - Aug 25 with 1409 viewsShun

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 17:17 - Aug 25 by DaleFan7

I didn't get the pre-season hype either to be honest and I had us either struggling or treading where we were last season, admittedly I didn't think we'd be THIS bad. We were poor last season and the signings we made didn't address the losing of the spine of the team from the last couple of windows. We are a team without a spine and a poor one at that, like you say its going to take a miracle worker to turn this team into a winning one.

Whilst I wasn’t predicting a playoff charge, I did think we’d be doing a lot better than this. And I also think the signings did address notable deficiencies in the squad. Our weakness from set pieces is well known, so we signed an (apparently) aerially dominant defender in EEL. Our midfield has been weak for years, so we signed a true defensive midfielder. Obviously, things haven’t worked out but there did seem to be some logic behind the signings.
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 23:25 - Aug 25 with 1330 views49thseason

I think we need to be told what the situation is regarding our injured players, how long until we can get Jimmy, Taylor and at least one of Charman or Campbell back on the pitch? Having more options would make managing a bit easier whoever has to do it.
If we have to go to January with the current squad, someone is going to have to make do and mend on an epic scale. Getting a target man back in the side would be a good start and maybe replacing the glacial Diagouraga with Nelson or a fit Taylor might get the ball forwards quicker I might even try Taylor up front if the two strikers are miles away from being fit
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 18:22 - Aug 26 with 1085 viewsDaleneverwalkalone

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 23:25 - Aug 25 by 49thseason

I think we need to be told what the situation is regarding our injured players, how long until we can get Jimmy, Taylor and at least one of Charman or Campbell back on the pitch? Having more options would make managing a bit easier whoever has to do it.
If we have to go to January with the current squad, someone is going to have to make do and mend on an epic scale. Getting a target man back in the side would be a good start and maybe replacing the glacial Diagouraga with Nelson or a fit Taylor might get the ball forwards quicker I might even try Taylor up front if the two strikers are miles away from being fit

Hold on a minute does the world revolve around injured players and when they get fit I suspect not there’s good souls on the field and off followed the Dale all my life not having a go and yes I’m female but we got good players on the dug. I follow footie and have friends all over the path there’s quality on the bench but for what ever reason the current manager seems not to want to change anything, he is leading us blindfold over the cliff. Up Kingsway park and thank you Dale for all your contribution
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024