Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's gone wrong? 01:27 - Mar 18 with 3579 viewsdeanscfc

Since around the time of that FA cup game against Man City (from memory) our performance levels have been awful. Compare that to the first 15 or so games of the season...i remember thinking that there hadn't really been a team that looked better than us. I know I'm not exactly saying anything revelationary here but something needs to change asap or we could see our season peter out miserably.
What's gone wrong? on 13:56 - Mar 18 with 882 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What's gone wrong? on 13:01 - Mar 18 by Treforys_Jack

Rarely agree with you, but this is the nail hit firmly on the head. It's nice having a deadball expert on the field but only if your team is good enough and dominant enough to carry them.
Someone mention its similar to the situation with Gylfi, which is absolute rubbish, Gylfi had a fantastic work ethic.

Work rate or not Gylfi had the effect of slowing our passing game. Hourihane could be our undoing sadly unless Cooper is brave enough to bench him . He could come on and have provide a winning contribution against tired legs but he just seems happy enough, talking the talk and picking up his wage.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What's gone wrong? on 14:09 - Mar 18 with 875 viewsjack247

What's gone wrong? on 13:56 - Mar 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Work rate or not Gylfi had the effect of slowing our passing game. Hourihane could be our undoing sadly unless Cooper is brave enough to bench him . He could come on and have provide a winning contribution against tired legs but he just seems happy enough, talking the talk and picking up his wage.

I think he’d be an excellent gamechanger to bring on for 20 minutes when we’re chasing a goal. His set pieces are as good as we’ve seen and he’s popped up with a couple from open play.

Agree with the general consensus though, we defend well and break quickly in numbers. He slows that down to the extent we’re much easier to defend against. He hasn’t been helped by Ayew and Lowe starting to run out of steam, Roberts too to a lesser extent, but that’s not really the point. We need Smith or Dhanda starting alongside Fulton and Grimes in my opinion.
What's gone wrong? on 16:07 - Mar 18 with 834 viewsCatullus

What's gone wrong? on 12:06 - Mar 18 by jack247

The point I’m making that only Norwich (in my opinion) would not swap with us, is that we are still in a much better position than many of our pessimistic fans think.

We’ve got a massive game Saturday, then a chance for the likes of Lowe and Grimes to recharge, then a relatively kind set of fixtures before a tough finish at Reading and Watford. Brentford have got to go to Bournemouth, Watford have got to go to Norwich and they have to play each other. It’s all to play for.

I get what you’re saying about entertainment, but for the rest of the season it’s all about results for me.

Yes but we're not really being pessimistic are we? We're being honest about the performances and saying we want better, that's pessimism,that's reality.
We believe we can do better but for that to happen Cooper has to change how he's doing things, keeping on the same path has led to poor performances.

Pessimism would be saying this will only get worst or at least won't get better. We all want it to get better.
A realistic appraisal of whats going on and a hope for improvement isn't pessimism.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What's gone wrong? on 17:13 - Mar 18 with 802 viewsonehunglow

What's gone wrong? on 16:07 - Mar 18 by Catullus

Yes but we're not really being pessimistic are we? We're being honest about the performances and saying we want better, that's pessimism,that's reality.
We believe we can do better but for that to happen Cooper has to change how he's doing things, keeping on the same path has led to poor performances.

Pessimism would be saying this will only get worst or at least won't get better. We all want it to get better.
A realistic appraisal of whats going on and a hope for improvement isn't pessimism.

Colour me pessimistic. If it turns out right then it’s a win win. It’s optimists I feel sorry for. Land of broken dreams.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What's gone wrong? on 17:14 - Mar 18 with 812 viewsjack247

What's gone wrong? on 16:07 - Mar 18 by Catullus

I probably shouldn’t have used the word ‘many’.

When I say pessimistic, I’m referring to the likes of Perch and Dwight who could find misery in Shangri-La, not the majority who acknowledge we’ve had an excellent season to this point, but are now at a sliding doors moment.
What's gone wrong? on 17:22 - Mar 18 with 797 viewsonehunglow

What's gone wrong? on 17:14 - Mar 18 by jack247

I probably shouldn’t have used the word ‘many’.

When I say pessimistic, I’m referring to the likes of Perch and Dwight who could find misery in Shangri-La, not the majority who acknowledge we’ve had an excellent season to this point, but are now at a sliding doors moment.

But Perch doesn’t exist. It actual fact,happy happy ,I am pretty cheery. What I hate is second best. If you are happy with that then it s fine.
You are not happy right now.ergo you are miserable . It is life.

We are free to think as we want.I think.

Dwight and I,if you read, disagree many times but we avoid getting personal.Ive never read Dwight abuse anyone in here which shows he is of sound substance and class that some others need to aspire to..

Few can really disagree on here without insult though it s better than it was .

What's gone wrong? on 17:29 - Mar 18 with 803 viewsjack247

What's gone wrong? on 17:22 - Mar 18 by onehunglow

But Perch doesn’t exist. It actual fact,happy happy ,I am pretty cheery. What I hate is second best. If you are happy with that then it s fine.
You are not happy right now.ergo you are miserable . It is life.

We are free to think as we want.I think.

Dwight and I,if you read, disagree many times but we avoid getting personal.Ive never read Dwight abuse anyone in here which shows he is of sound substance and class that some others need to aspire to..

Few can really disagree on here without insult though it s better than it was .

Well this is just it. I’m not happy with how we’re playing, our performances, if not results (so far) have clearly nosedived. I’m not miserable either.

I’m not as confident of promotion as I was, but I still recognise we’ve got a great chance at it with a chance to recharge our batteries, figure out a way of accommodating Hourihane or get him out of the team and a run of lower/mid table opponents while Brentford and Watford play each other and travel to Bournemouth and Norwich respectively.
What's gone wrong? on 17:48 - Mar 18 with 796 viewsMoscowJack

Reasons for our struggle to perform for the past 4-6 weeks (with the exception of 45 mins v Bristol City) are:

1. Fatigue - of course it's a factor but we haven't got a deep enough squad to rotate key players too often.
2. Nerves! As things get closer to the end of the season, our kids will get nervous. Many people around the club and within football have mentioned this recently and I believe there's a bit of truth in it
3. Hourihane - this is the biggest reason, in my opinion.

Hourihane joined us when we were doing ok. We beat Forest 5-1 the week he arrived (he didn't play) and then he "saved" us against Brentford, which was when our run of shocking performances started.

We beat Rotherham away 3-1 but, from memory, we played awful. Somehow we won.
That's basically sums up many of our games since and some of us worried about it. Some didn't.

Hourihane doesn't cover the ground that we need. He hides from the ball, which is so unlike a Swans midfielder. He's wasteful with the ball and just throws the whole balance of the team. I feel like we cover a few kms less per game when he plays and the likes of Ayew, Jay, Lowe, Grimes and Smith have to cover that loss....which makes them even more exhausted.

We need to get back to controlling games, linking defence and attack in a more effective way (not this bloody long ball stuff that's guaranteed to lose us the ball) and we need to press the opposition's defence, which he hardly does.

Drop Hourihane and we have a chance, even with the fatigue and nerves that are quite evident at the moment.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Login to get fewer ads

What's gone wrong? on 17:53 - Mar 18 with 793 views9MilesHigh

What's gone wrong? on 17:48 - Mar 18 by MoscowJack

Reasons for our struggle to perform for the past 4-6 weeks (with the exception of 45 mins v Bristol City) are:

1. Fatigue - of course it's a factor but we haven't got a deep enough squad to rotate key players too often.
2. Nerves! As things get closer to the end of the season, our kids will get nervous. Many people around the club and within football have mentioned this recently and I believe there's a bit of truth in it
3. Hourihane - this is the biggest reason, in my opinion.

Hourihane joined us when we were doing ok. We beat Forest 5-1 the week he arrived (he didn't play) and then he "saved" us against Brentford, which was when our run of shocking performances started.

We beat Rotherham away 3-1 but, from memory, we played awful. Somehow we won.
That's basically sums up many of our games since and some of us worried about it. Some didn't.

Hourihane doesn't cover the ground that we need. He hides from the ball, which is so unlike a Swans midfielder. He's wasteful with the ball and just throws the whole balance of the team. I feel like we cover a few kms less per game when he plays and the likes of Ayew, Jay, Lowe, Grimes and Smith have to cover that loss....which makes them even more exhausted.

We need to get back to controlling games, linking defence and attack in a more effective way (not this bloody long ball stuff that's guaranteed to lose us the ball) and we need to press the opposition's defence, which he hardly does.

Drop Hourihane and we have a chance, even with the fatigue and nerves that are quite evident at the moment.

He did play v Forest but the rest is spot on.

But it seems Cooper has promised him games no matter what he's doing to the balance, energy and cohesion of the team.
What's gone wrong? on 21:22 - Mar 18 with 736 viewsvetchonian

What's gone wrong? on 17:53 - Mar 18 by 9MilesHigh

He did play v Forest but the rest is spot on.

But it seems Cooper has promised him games no matter what he's doing to the balance, energy and cohesion of the team.

Cooper promised?
guaranteed minutes as oart of the deal?
has to play to justify the expense?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

What's gone wrong? on 07:16 - Mar 19 with 694 viewsWhiterockin

What's gone wrong? on 21:22 - Mar 18 by vetchonian

Cooper promised?

Then Cooper should grow a pair and bench him. If one player is not working hard others need to work harder to cover, in an already fatigued team this is unsustainable.
What's gone wrong? on 10:24 - Mar 19 with 647 viewscontroversial_jack

What's gone wrong? on 13:56 - Mar 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Spot on. Moves regularly broke down when the ball came to Gylfi, he was a one trick pony and this guy is similar, a luxury!
What's gone wrong? on 11:17 - Mar 19 with 632 views9MilesHigh

What's gone wrong? on 21:22 - Mar 18 by vetchonian

Cooper promised?

Err, yes. What are you trying to get at, you cheeky monkey, you ;-)
What's gone wrong? on 12:36 - Mar 19 with 615 viewsMoscowJack

Does anyone know if the running/distance stats are available to see?

I'd love to know how much some of our players run......or don't.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

What's gone wrong? on 13:42 - Mar 19 with 602 views9MilesHigh

What's gone wrong? on 12:36 - Mar 19 by MoscowJack

Does anyone know if the running/distance stats are available to see?

I'd love to know how much some of our players run......or don't.

They aren't, they are like gold dust.

Even the £500pa Wyscout stats site doesn't provide them.
What's gone wrong? on 15:19 - Mar 19 with 580 viewsTreforys_Jack

What's gone wrong? on 10:24 - Mar 19 by controversial_jack

Spot on. Moves regularly broke down when the ball came to Gylfi, he was a one trick pony and this guy is similar, a luxury!

🤣🤣🤣
What's gone wrong? on 15:38 - Mar 19 with 577 viewsKeithHaynes

What's gone wrong? on 10:24 - Mar 19 by controversial_jack

He was Swansea City’s hardest working player for two seasons for the swans on ground covered and average distance covered per game. Ki was second. That made Gylfi the 9th hardest working player in the premier league, Ki was 11th out of 500 plus players. The things we don’t see eh 😉

Gylfi Sigurdsson — Average distance covered per-game: 11.171km
Ki Sung-Yueng — Average distance covered per-game: 11.142km —

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What's gone wrong? on 16:08 - Mar 19 with 564 viewsCatullus

What's gone wrong? on 15:38 - Mar 19 by KeithHaynes

He was Swansea City’s hardest working player for two seasons for the swans on ground covered and average distance covered per game. Ki was second. That made Gylfi the 9th hardest working player in the premier league, Ki was 11th out of 500 plus players. The things we don’t see eh 😉

Gylfi Sigurdsson — Average distance covered per-game: 11.171km
Ki Sung-Yueng — Average distance covered per-game: 11.142km —

Ki was good that season though! Gylfi was not a one trick pony either, he created, he scored and he worked hard when we didn't have the ball.

Several have said what MoscowJack said and don't our performances back it up?

If we can pull it together forone game, get a win Saturday and use the 2 week break wisely maybe we can take another crack at an automatic spot. Worst case is we cling on to a play off spot and fail there. All in all some people will see that in itself as a success.

Or is worst case missing out entirely, that would be an irredeemable failure to me. We have a great chance, lets not blow it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What's gone wrong? on 18:36 - Mar 19 with 536 viewsonehunglow

Ki WAS good,very good at times BUT took the downing of tools to British Leyland levels

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024